Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:34:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official FutureBit Moonlander 2 Driver and Support Thread  (Read 71398 times)
nuanicaj

Activity: 178
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 08:35:52 PM

[quote author=jstefanop link=
Yea if you are using eyeboot's hub its definitely the hub. While they are great hubs, he uses power supplies that are on the cheaper end for 5v, and I'm not sure if the USB chips he uses can handle the number of ports he has that well. I've seen similar strange behavior since I use his hubs for rapid testing.

63 cores is what its supposed to show if all your cores are healthy (Core# 0-63).
[/quote]

I purchased the 49 Port that has the built in power supply.  I upgraded the power supply to a much better efficient and powered.

running 13 on it so far with 700 clock.  getting about 50M.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
paark.s

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 06:45:41 AM

I've been reading this thread for some time and just want to share that this usb HUB from ORICO (http://www.oricothailand.com/store/orico_th/usb-hub/ih20p-industrial-20-ports-usb2-0-hub.html) can run 10 moonlander but at only 480Mhz.

Makes sense if you read the specs...

For the MLD's you might need DATA mode, as the MLD's need to be able to send and receive data constantly and not all devices are compatible with the CHARGE mode on this hub and still be able to send and receive data.

In DATA mode that hub is rated at 500ma per port, so it's simply not strong enough when used in data mode.

I'd definitely switch hubs if i'd only be able to set frequency at 480.

Option 2 could be the other way around though, you have set the hub in DATA mode and perhaps de MLD's will be able to use CHARGE mode... Hope you've tried that Smiley

it can be used in charge mode, I am using it right now. For some reason i don't know, it can run at higher frequency from Lubuntu.
nobody77

Activity: 48

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 05:16:30 AM

I want to mine two different coins (different workers on the same pool) at the same time.
I am running 8 MLDs on one Pi.
I have 4 MLDs running each on 2 hubs(which I intend to extend if I get this working).

For this reason I power down one hub and start BFG miner with the first coin I want to mine. It finds the 4 MLDs and starts hashing.
Then I power up the second hub of MLDs and run a second instance of BFG miner with the other coin. It finds the other 4 MLDs and starts mining.

However after a short time the speed of first instance drops down slowly (a couple of minutes) to 1Mh/s per MLD and lower. I shut down this instance and restart it and it is back to 3-4Mh/s per MLD but then the other instance starts to slow down and goes below 1Mh/s.
I can alway repeat this back and forth, the instance that was running before will always end up runnning slow.

I don't see any hardware errors (600 clock) or any other unusual activity.

Anybody have a fix for this or another way to mine two (or more) different coins on one system?
AltScope

Activity: 714
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 05:59:19 AM

I want to mine two different coins (different workers on the same pool) at the same time.
I have 4 MLDs running each on 2 hubs(which I intend to extend if I get this working).

For this reason I power down one hub and start BFG miner with the first coin I want to mine. It finds the 4 MLDs and starts hashing.
Then I power up the second hub of MLDs and run a second instance of BFG miner with the other coin. It finds the other 4 MLDs and starts mining.

However after a short time the speed of first instance drops down slowly (a couple of minutes) to 1Mh/s per MLD and lower. I shut down this instance and restart it and it is back to 3-4Mh/s per MLD but then the other instance starts to slow down and goes below 1Mh/s.
I can alway repeat this back and forth, the instance that was running before will always end up runnning slow.

Anybody have a fix for this or another way to mine two (or more) different coins on one system?

this has been coverred several times, stop switching the hubs on and off and create 2 different launch scripts.

Can someone give me steps how to set 2 MLD sticks mining verge and the rest mining Litecoin?

create 2 separate configs or launch scripts and specify which devices to use with:

-S MLD:/dev/ttyUSB0 -S MLD:/dev/ttyUSB1 ... and so on

make sure to remove the -S all

if you're on linux here's a scipt to find out the correct device numbers to use

Code:
#!/bin/bash

for sysdevpath in $(find /sys/bus/usb/devices/usb*/ -name dev); do
    (
        syspath="${sysdevpath%/dev}"
        devname="$(udevadm info -q name -p $syspath)"
        [[ "$devname" == "bus/"* ]] && continue
        eval "$(udevadm info -q property --export -p $syspath)"
        [[ -z "$ID_SERIAL" ]] && continue
        echo "/dev/$devname - $ID_SERIAL"
    )
done

edit: Im running 10 now on a raspi2 through a hub been goig about 12 hours still at 4.3mh per mld

nobody77

Activity: 48

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 06:42:54 AM
Last edit: April 08, 2018, 07:02:55 AM by nobody77

this has been coverred several times, stop switching the hubs on and off and create 2 different launch scripts.

Can someone give me steps how to set 2 MLD sticks mining verge and the rest mining Litecoin?

create 2 separate configs or launch scripts and specify which devices to use with:

-S MLD:/dev/ttyUSB0 -S MLD:/dev/ttyUSB1 ... and so on

make sure to remove the -S all

if you're on linux here's a scipt to find out the correct device numbers to use

Code:
#!/bin/bash

for sysdevpath in $(find /sys/bus/usb/devices/usb*/ -name dev); do
    (
        syspath="${sysdevpath%/dev}"
        devname="$(udevadm info -q name -p $syspath)"
        [[ "$devname" == "bus/"* ]] && continue
        eval "$(udevadm info -q property --export -p $syspath)"
        [[ -z "$ID_SERIAL" ]] && continue
        echo "/dev/$devname - $ID_SERIAL"
    )
done

edit: Im running 10 now on a raspi2 through a hub been goig about 12 hours still at 4.3mh per mld

Thanks I got it now.
Hintsal

Activity: 42

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 09:05:44 AM

Has anyone set these up for digibyte dgb? Can you help me set up a scrypt for the miner? I'm really terrible at it. Figure I can let it make like 16 coins a week and hope it goes big in the future. Would love to solo mine but if a pool is the way to go that's cool too. Just looking for the best rewards.
AltScope

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 12:47:58 PM

Has anyone set these up for digibyte dgb? Can you help me set up a scrypt for the miner? I'm really terrible at it. Figure I can let it make like 16 coins a week and hope it goes big in the future. Would love to solo mine but if a pool is the way to go that's cool too. Just looking for the best rewards.

DGB has allready gone big mate, i was mining em years ago for pittance unfortunatley left my bag at 95 sats on an exchange  Cry you live you learn.

you would need a pool but would likely be better off mining something else and trading that in for DGB or use a multipool that will payout DGB.

all you'd need to do is edit the launch scrypt that comes with the program replace the pool and user details and you're good to go

Hintsal

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 02:29:16 PM

DGB has allready gone big mate, i was mining em years ago for pittance unfortunatley left my bag at 95 sats on an exchange  Cry you live you learn.

you would need a pool but would likely be better off mining something else and trading that in for DGB or use a multipool that will payout DGB.

all you'd need to do is edit the launch scrypt that comes with the program replace the pool and user details and you're good to go

Any recommendations on a pool? I was hoping to be able to collect part of the block reward if ever found. Gotta be easier than the litecoin it's been mining for months. It's only managed 0.03 litecoin so far haha.
pyroandy

Activity: 88

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 03:28:51 PM

OK I am lost, I had to reinstall the os on my Pi and started loading BFGminer. It can not find the needed libraries libjansson-dev or libcurl4-openssl-dev as instructed by the first few pages or this thread. I did this all a few short weeks ago and dont remember how I got around this. What am I missing?
Hintsal

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 03:34:25 PM

Ok what did I do wrong for the multipool setup? Pointed it at the dgb scrypt stratum. Added in my username and password then nothing. wouldn't run.
Added the .1 to my username and it started running.
Code:
bfgminer.exe --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://eu.multipool.us:3351 -u Moonlander2.1 -p x,d=256  -S MLD:all --set MLD:clock=796
pause

any help would be swell. Really. Back on litecoinpool till i can get this dgb working.
AltScope

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 05:59:47 PM

Ok what did I do wrong for the multipool setup? Pointed it at the dgb scrypt stratum. Added in my username and password then nothing. wouldn't run.
Code:
bfgminer.exe --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://eu.multipool.us:3351 -u Moonlander2.1 -p x,d=256  -S MLD:all --set MLD:clock=796
pause

any help would be swell. Really. Back on litecoinpool till i can get this dgb working.

did you register?

OK I am lost, I had to reinstall the os on my Pi and started loading BFGminer. It can not find the needed libraries libjansson-dev or libcurl4-openssl-dev as instructed by the first few pages or this thread. I did this all a few short weeks ago and dont remember how I got around this. What am I missing?

apt-get install

pyroandy

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 07:05:51 PM

Code:
pause

did you register?

apt-get install

I have been trying that,
sudo apt-get install -y libcurl4-gnutls-dev libjansson-dev.
All I ever get is,
E: Unable to locate package libcurl4-gnutls-dev
E: Unable to locate package libjansson-dev
Like they gone.
But I dont know where they should be coming from in the first place.
I reloaded and updated Raspbian again and still no luck.
Anybody know how I can find these library files?
pyroandy

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 08:50:22 PM

Code:
pause

did you register?

apt-get install

I have been trying that,
All I ever get is,
Like they gone.

Update

OK I am back up and running. For some reason when I did a fresh Raspbian install and tried to update it, it did not update my package list this time. I ran sudo apt-get update again and it worked! It can now find the necessary library files.
Hintsal

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 11:23:27 PM

all registered and apparently some of my coins registered. miner is unstable at these levels though. It disconnected shortly afterwards. Any suggestions on how to edit the script to make it run more stable?
Hintsal

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 04:15:44 AM

Hmm let it go all night. Looks like it worked just doesn't smash out the accepted shares as fast as on the litecoinpool. Guess I expected it to be faster. And it successfully mined some sia, doge and dgb. Didn't expect it to switch coins but that's fine too I guess.
AltScope

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 07:00:33 AM

Code:
pause

did you register?

apt-get install

I have been trying that,
All I ever get is,
Like they gone.

Update

OK I am back up and running. For some reason when I did a fresh Raspbian install and tried to update it, it did not update my package list this time. I ran sudo apt-get update again and it worked! It can now find the necessary library files.

I had this with my new 3b+ the other day, if you have any other issues its also worth doing rpi-upgrade, gpsp compiled but wouldn't run untill i did that and recompiled!!

pyroandy

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 10:16:02 AM

Code:
pause

did you register?

apt-get install

I have been trying that,
All I ever get is,
Like they gone.

Update

I had this with my new 3b+ the other day, if you have any other issues its also worth doing rpi-upgrade, gpsp compiled but wouldn't run untill i did that and recompiled!!

Being a noob I thought  "sudo apt-get update" was updating the OS. It was not until I had this problem that I learned it is supposed to update the libraries. So next time I will try and update the OS first then the libraries.

Off hand do you know what I need to do to get BFGminer start automatically when the Pi is powered up?
AltScope

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 11:35:52 AM

Being a noob I thought  "sudo apt-get update" was updating the OS. It was not until I had this problem that I learned it is supposed to update the libraries. So next time I will try and update the OS first then the libraries.

Off hand do you know what I need to do to get BFGminer start automatically when the Pi is powered up?

https://www.dexterindustries.com/howto/run-a-program-on-your-raspberry-pi-at-startup/

you want the rc.local part I believe  Cool

jstefanop (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2090
Merit: 1396

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 06:40:29 PM

Hmm let it go all night. Looks like it worked just doesn't smash out the accepted shares as fast as on the litecoinpool. Guess I expected it to be faster. And it successfully mined some sia, doge and dgb. Didn't expect it to switch coins but that's fine too I guess.

The rate accepted shares has nothing to do with how "fast" its mining. Its simply the difficulty the pool has set the shares too. Higher diff, less accepted shares, which is what pools want since their servers would be overloaded if everyone mined low diff shares. Higher shares have more "value" so you mine more litecoin.

Most pools use vardiff, so accepted shares are averaged to around 1 share per minute, regardless of wether you mining with a Moonlander or an L3+.

Project Apollo: A Pod Miner Designed for the Home https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4974036
FutureBit Moonlander 2 USB Scrypt Stick Miner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2125643.0
aarons6
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 09:01:10 PM

The rate accepted shares has nothing to do with how "fast" its mining. Its simply the difficulty the pool has set the shares too. Higher diff, less accepted shares, which is what pools want since their servers would be overloaded if everyone mined low diff shares. Higher shares have more "value" so you mine more litecoin.

Most pools use vardiff, so accepted shares are averaged to around 1 share per minute, regardless of wether you mining with a Moonlander or an L3+.

yeah but some pools like zpool have the verdiff set so high it times out and then you are actually NOT mining..

Pages: « 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 »
  Print  

Jump to: