Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:38:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 [171] 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] DERO: DAG + Cryptonote + Bulletproofs + SSL + POW + Smart Contracts  (Read 122944 times)
Razkor999

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 04:08:48 PM

What exactly does Dero offer now over say Sumokoin or Ryo?

80% less supply but no Gui wallet?

This coin overnight just turned itself into a pump and dump shitcoin.

The markets will show this in the following days

Much hurt such disappointments

At least the Asics might go elsewhere now Dero is dying.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pegos

Activity: 45

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2018, 04:47:13 PM

I hope, that if you are not interested  the mining community now,
start doing the best marketing,
so that we do not lose our investment!
thank you
 Undecided
--Serena--

Activity: 224
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 06:33:50 PM

abcd

You never got banned, and while you were exceptionally rude, we simply pulled you aside and spoke with you. I'm not sure why you would say we banned you when that's factually inaccurate.

Everyone else earned their ban through being crass, disrespectful, and in some cases, a ban came from ranting for more than 10 hours straight in the various channels.

People who take their actions to the edge of what they consider polite, and try to push boundaries should not be surprised when others don't share their perceived boundaries and get banned for being rude. Anyone who has been banned has been bothering multiple people, and I made sure to let them speak for an extended period to air their grievances, but again, there comes a time when 10+ hour rants are no longer helpful.
Abrustetha

Activity: 10

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 07:04:35 PM

Are you referring to me ranting?

Interesting how you deciphered the questions i was asking as ranting.

I spoke with you on discord. I was told to take it to slack. Which i obliged...there i engaged with mojo and a few others in a civilised debate. Hardly ranting ( when the convo lasted maybe 7mins?)

Then when there is some actual decent interaction with other members in that group i had to go to attend to my family. And while im away i am banned

Not taken to a dm to discuss or anything of the sort.

On multiple occasions even during my debate with fellow members in tge discord and slack channels i voiced how i was impressed with atlantis so far and in general the dev team.

My only issue was around communication.

Its even stranger when other members who were there during the "incidents " cant make out why i was banned either.

Please advise as to what was the reason i was banned.

Did i swear at any team member?
Did i swear at any other community member?
Did i not raise any valid points that were not shared by fellow community members?

I really would just leave this alone but its completely ridiculous to be banned for voicing a shared viewpoint
shanepottermi

Activity: 55

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 07:05:47 PM

Wonder whats worse (since you're up on a moral high horse) Blatantly lying to people for months costing your biggest supporters time and money.. or being upset for a few hours that you lied to them for months and cost them time and money. You couldn't possibly have handled this worse.
fellestreum

Activity: 111
Merit: 5

--nemo me impune lacessit--

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 07:16:07 PM

When @cpmcgrat was banned a few weeks ago I sided with --Serena--, but after getting the 3rd degree from her and Mojo on Slack for I'm still not sure what, and then seeing @h0g0f0g0 was banned from Telegram, and, finally, actually witnessing the conversation that lead up to you being banned on Slack, well, I'm no longer taking the DERO teams side.

@CaptDero - you need to review the actions of Mojo and --Serena-- and then have a talk with them about proper community management. Yes, we should show your team members respect, but your team members better be damn sure we are attacking them and/or being abusive before banning us.

As for the decision to stick with the original CryptoNight algo for PoW, I understand the reasoning and though it took a few hours, I actually came to agree with it. What I don't agree with - and what many others seem to have a problem with, as well - is how we were very much mislead into believing Atlantis would use a new, ASIC-resistant algo, right up until the announcement that it wouldn't yesterday. Oh, sure, --Serena-- was quite cagey whenever she was asked about ASIC resistance these last few weeks, which might have been a clue there, but the way this decision appeared to occur so abruptly, and without any preface or explanation, has definitely angered many - just look at the collapse in DERO's price over the last 24 hours if you need any more of a hint. Yes, the Atlantis tech is very promising... but so was Betamax, to use one of history's most infamous examples of a superior tech getting shunted aside due to industry collaboration and marketing.

You never got banned, and while you were exceptionally rude, we simply pulled you aside and spoke with you. I'm not sure why you would say we banned you when that's factually inaccurate.

Everyone else earned their ban through being crass, disrespectful, and in some cases, a ban came from ranting for more than 10 hours straight in the various channels.

People who take their actions to the edge of what they consider polite, and try to push boundaries should not be surprised when others don't share their perceived boundaries and get banned for being rude. Anyone who has been banned has been bothering multiple people, and I made sure to let them speak for an extended period to air their grievances, but again, there comes a time when 10+ hour rants are no longer helpful.

Wait...  MagicSmoker claimed he was banned?  I'm putting the quotes back in there because I'm struggling to see where he said that.
Razkor999

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 07:55:31 PM

When are the Dev's going to show their faces and reveal themselves to the masses?

Every ICO i've seen the Dev's are visible and searchable

It's all a bit too cloak and dagger

How can we trust sneaky Crypto Ghost Dev's who go back on their word at the drop of a hat / a dump of bitcoin?

my heart bleeds to the poor people who bought this up @ 60-70k sats ... buying lies.
--Serena--

Activity: 224

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 08:05:09 PM

There's no ICO or fundraising of any kind done here
Razkor999

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 08:12:31 PM

There's no ICO or fundraising of any kind done here

That's not what I was getting at, and you avoided the question.

People are still using money in one way or another to gain this crypto whether its the electric bills for mining rigs or buying it off exchanges,

Why so shady?

We have 0 clue who you guys are, until we know it's highly likely this is another scam coin. - Prove me wrong.

Surely after the recent sh1tshow of events you should be more open to your customers.

Peace
MagicSmoker

Activity: 420
Merit: 182

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 08:13:27 PM
Merited by Hueristic (1)

When @cpmcgrat was banned a few weeks ago I sided with --Serena--, but after getting the 3rd degree from her and Mojo on Slack for I'm still not sure what, and then seeing @h0g0f0g0 was banned from Telegram, and, finally, actually witnessing the conversation that lead up to you being banned on Slack, well, I'm no longer taking the DERO teams side.

What is factually inaccurate is your interpretation of what I wrote, possibly because you replaced my text with, "abcd." Then again, it could be that you chronically misinterpret what people write, perhaps leading you to accuse them of being, "exceptionally rude," for example, when they weren't, or even to banning them from Slack, Discord and Telegram...

I'm not interested in rehashing old slights, real or imagined; what I do want to see is CaptDero take a closer look at what you and Mojo have been up to, because if you keep banning everyone who disagrees with you there soon won't be much of a community left.

Inlite

Activity: 37

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 08:25:37 PM

We have 0 clue who you guys are, until we know it's highly likely this is another scam coin. - Prove me wrong.
There is only 1 guy, CaptDero, who develops Dero soft. He is already a millionaire, as he keeps 2000000 premined coins (look to the block 1).  As the site https://forum.dero.io/ is registered in France, it is likely he is also from France. Serena is from western Canada, she owns a large mining farm and produces untruthful info for the community. There is the 3rd guy, but I did not payed attention on him.
CorePrime95

Activity: 190
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 08:29:05 PM

There is only 1 guy, CaptDero, who develops Dero soft. He is already a millionaire, as he keeps 2000000 premined coins (look to the block 1).  As the site https://forum.dero.io/ is registered in France, it is likely he is also from France. Serena is from western Canada, she owns a large mining farm and produces untruthful info for the community. There is the 3rd guy, but I did not payed attention on him.

Troll alert
Lcardenas08

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 09:30:07 PM

@Mojo, Serena & Captain

odd how i was banned from Discord and Slack for viewing my opinions along with others that you strung along the community with the promise of anti-asic algo.

@CaptDero - you need to review the actions of Mojo and --Serena-- and then have a talk with them about proper community management. Yes, we should show your team members respect, but your team members better be damn sure we are attacking them and/or being abusive before banning us.

As for the decision to stick with the original CryptoNight algo for PoW, I understand the reasoning and though it took a few hours, I actually came to agree with it. What I don't agree with - and what many others seem to have a problem with, as well - is how we were very much mislead into believing Atlantis would use a new, ASIC-resistant algo, right up until the announcement that it wouldn't yesterday. Oh, sure, --Serena-- was quite cagey whenever she was asked about ASIC resistance these last few weeks, which might have been a clue there, but the way this decision appeared to occur so abruptly, and without any preface or explanation, has definitely angered many - just look at the collapse in DERO's price over the last 24 hours if you need any more of a hint. Yes, the Atlantis tech is very promising... but so was Betamax, to use one of history's most infamous examples of a superior tech getting shunted aside due to industry collaboration and marketing.

They aren't switching algos because they cant. Literally cant develop a new anti resistance algo even though they said they had one. It was a lie from the beginning and if any of you guys are smart you will catch up to the actual tech coming out. Dero is nothing impressive and since it's very pro-centralization, it will die out. This is not fud but facts. Dero might not be a security but anyone supporting a project like this is just supporting a money grab by the dev team. Slowly over time they don't deliver to what they promised and use excuses with no substance. This project will be abandoned, that is why they have never shown their identities. 10% premine money grab with hidden identities and false promises. Give it a few months. You will all see.
fellestreum

Activity: 111
Merit: 5

--nemo me impune lacessit--

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 09:52:24 PM

There's a lot of FUD on here now.  I know for a fact there are many supporters of this project who understand the technical achievements and the potential, but they are choosing to stay away from here right now.  Hopefully once Atlantis is released and the doubters silenced we can return to some normalcy here, because it used to be a nice place to hang out, and it would be nice if was again.
GhostPlayer
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 09:57:03 PM

There's a lot of FUD on here now.  I know for a fact there are many supporters of this project who understand the technical achievements and the potential, but they are choosing to stay away from here right now.  Hopefully once Atlantis is released and the doubters silenced we can return to some normalcy here, because it used to be a nice place to hang out, and it would be nice if was again.

That is not how one develops a respectful project.
Coindgr

Activity: 1034
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 09:57:35 PM

Over time this may be "forgotten"...

The feeling of beeing deceived is present at the moment, trust takes a lot of time to get, and it can be ruined in a short moment

I just keep watching this, but in sideway

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
.Anonymous and Untraceable.
ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord 

▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
valgandar

Activity: 104

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 11:15:52 PM

What exactly does Dero offer now over say Sumokoin or Ryo?

80% less supply but no Gui wallet?

This coin overnight just turned itself into a pump and dump shitcoin.

The markets will show this in the following days

Much hurt such disappointments

At least the Asics might go elsewhere now Dero is dying.

Are you seriously mentioning Sumo (and its forks) after all that shitstorm it had?
Slimdev

Activity: 237

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 12:41:50 AM

dero.fairhash.org

Transparent Dero pool with 24/7 support

Features:

- Mining to exchange

- Workers

- Adjustable instant payout levels

- Email and telegram notifications

- SSL
valgandar

Activity: 104

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 01:05:17 AM
Last edit: June 27, 2018, 07:06:14 PM by valgandar

I have some concerns about the way Dero intends to run.

As far as I know, the team intends to incorporate, and after that, they'll reveal themselves, correct? But we all know the privacy focused projects are at risk of start to suffer some kinds of regulation tries by authorities (just a matter of time in my opinion), or even be banished from exchanges (we are seeing this with some japanese exchanges). But many of them are community governed, like Monero for example. Besides the fact of some developers having their identities known, it's open source, and if anything happen, any member of the community can take over it, and the project will keep running and being developed (after all, the code is open source), so, maybe it's safe to say it can't be "stopped".

Even in the case of Bitcoin, which isn't privacy focused, when Satoshi "vanished", the project kept its development by a fundation, with Gavin taking Satoshi's "role", and many community supporters actively contributing to it. And as the code is open source, even if authorities try to stop it or if it suffer any other kind of interference, anyone sufficiently skilled can keep the project running.

Many times I've saw team members telling the code will not be open soruce, but publicly released for review only, and so, technicaly it will not be availible to be forked or continued by others. Having said that, if the project incorporates as it intends to, it will be subjected to the authorities, whatever the country where it will be based on, and it may be vulnerable to any kind of regulation or interference which that central power may estabilish in the future. I think that's a real possibility, since it's a privacy project.

So, I have some questions about this matter. First is how the team, as a corporation, pretends to protect itself as any kind of possible external interventions? And the second is, let's suppose something worse happens, and (in a possible hypothetical situation, obviously, but not impossible to occour in the real world), the team be unable to continue the project for any reason: it wouldn't be possible a community takeover to continue it with a non open source code?

Thanks.
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4865

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 04:00:07 AM

This coin is no longer interesting.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
Pages: « 1 ... 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 [171] 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 »
  Print  

Jump to: