Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:30:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 [306] 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 ... 586 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HashFast announces specs for new ASIC: 400GH/s  (Read 880232 times)
Gyrsur
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1518

Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2014, 11:47:11 AM

You buy an Item from a Store For $50.00 ( On Sale Down from $200.00 )
But you find you dont want that item so you return it but you find it is no longer onsale for $50.00 but is now Back at normal Price of $200.00 So you bitch and moan because they hand you back $50.00 and not the $200.00
i bought an item from a store for (roughly) 50 BTC. i don't "think" in US-dollars. the price, for me, was 50 BTC. i don't care that the US-dollar's worth has declined since when i paid for my miner, i don't care for any other currency except the one that i had to use for this exact payment.

and, yes, if the "price" (of bitcoins, versus USD) had dropped since then, i still would want my bitcoins back. of course!?

that doesn't work since they listed the miner in $$$ not BTC

but they seem to have gone on record a few times assuring that all btc would be refunded....  will those instances hold up in court?
well..  that's what court is for I guess

useless discussion. period. they had their TOS. TOS was very clear in case of refund. customers asked several times about it and HF confirmed it. HF did understand it in the same way as it was mentioned in the initial TOS versions.

IT DOESN'T COUNT HOW YOU UNDERSTAND IT. IT DOES COUNT HOW THE INITIAL TOS MENTIONED IT.

Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bigbit_22

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 11:51:14 AM

"Sales are suspended temporarily. Please check back soon."

Some of us must have done a great job complaining to the FTC, Internet Fraud, Sheriff and GA as they now are under investigation (probably) and this is the first step (suspending sales). Government won't let you sell future orders until you can prove that you have not acted fraudulent.

All of us purchased from HF because we believe in Bitcoin and wanted to be part of this system, securizing transactions. Not for getting rich quick scheme, this is a game HF is playing. However we did not purchased to get f… and take it with a smile.

The MPP was based on the amount of BTC invested in the machine not a $ amount or the $5,600 MPP program would last 2 weeks and no one would have been interested. All HF works in BTC : they work on the BTC market, create BTC mining machine, create an MPP based on BTC, and only accepted BTC as a form of payment at the time I purchased and now they want to reimburse partial payment in a fiat currency?

They contradict themselves and their market (be a part of the revolution). Spitting on BTC calling it a virtual currency and becoming the biggest scam on the BTC mining world.

cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 11:56:15 AM

Some of us must have done a great job complaining to the FTC, Internet Fraud, Sheriff and GA as they now are under investigation (probably) and this is the first step (suspending sales).
No, it's part of their marketing.

We would know it.

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
jspielberg

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 12:08:45 PM
Last edit: January 03, 2014, 12:22:08 PM by jspielberg

If HF had been contrite and willing to offer up some kind of plan to make their customers whole, I think a number of us would have been willing to let it ride.

All the batch 1 customers have seen is marketing material, proof that they don't know what they are doing, panicking, and not communicating with itself... ahh... not a good sign.  

Feels like there is blood in the water.

If they shared a plan, and executed on that plan, b1customers might have given them the benefit of the doubt.  Right now HF is looking like a round trip ticket on the Titanic.  From the passengers perspective, the ship is taking on water.  Most of us are heading to the lifeboats, while the PA system is blaring "future trips once ordered cannot be cancelled", while another is saying "no future purchases are being accepted" and most annoyingly a third is telling us "we made it" while we clearly are surrounded by freakin' icebergs.

You get no benefit of the doubt with that behavior.  You get angry websites highlighting the insanity, and a mad dash to the exits.
defcon23
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 12:31:20 PM

Is anyone got a tracking number (from scamfast or dhl)?
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 12:41:48 PM

If HF had been contrite and willing to offer up some kind of plan to make their customers whole, I think a number of us would have been willing to let it ride.

All the batch 1 customers have seen is marketing material, proof that they don't know what they are doing, panicking, and not communicating with itself... ahh... not a good sign.  

Feels like there is blood in the water.

If they shared a plan, and executed on that plan, b1customers might have given them the benefit of the doubt.  Right now HF is looking like a round trip ticket on the Titanic.  From the passengers perspective, the ship is taking on water.  Most of us are heading to the lifeboats, while the PA system is blaring "future trips once ordered cannot be cancelled", while another is saying "no future purchases are being accepted" and most annoyingly a third is telling us "we made it" while we clearly are surrounded by freakin' icebergs.
Apt and totally Hilarious commentary.

You get no benefit of the doubt with that behavior.  You get angry websites highlighting the insanity, and a mad dash to the editor.
I corrected it for you.
augustocroppo
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 01:08:39 PM

What sites can be used that don't employ any crapware wrappers or use any ad pop-ups to give free hosting?

I like Ninja's version as it seems more spot on and comprehensive. (Two forms)
But the old hosting site I used would make it a moot point to make a generic copy to post online.

Google Drive?
abdullahadam

Activity: 285
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 02:00:24 PM

Quote from: PuertoLibre

dunno about any ads on the speedyshare website. I don't see any of it since I have plenty of ad removers installed. If there is a problem with the speedyshare website then I'll just stop using it.

Dropbox,  Google docs,  or even bitcasa would work for sharing files publicly
minternj

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 02:25:46 PM

I have a question for you all? ? ? ? ? ?

How many of you would still be whining and crying asking for BTC refunds and refusing USD refunds if When you paid for your BJ1 orders BTC had a USD value of $10.00 But then 2 weeks later it dropped to $1.00 and has been there ever since, how many of you folks would still be asking for the same BTC refund if you had the chance to get the FULL Original Value of your Order Back in USD ? ? ? ?

I ask this only because it seems like a bunch of you are just trying to use this as a GET RICH QUICK Scheme knowing that if you paid 60 BTC at a USD Value of $10.00 Each Total USD Value Of $6,000.00 and BTC now having a Current Value of $812.11 ( Current at the time of this writing  ) Would Equal $48,726.60 Total USD Value.

I believe that most of you if given this BTC Refund will just Sell the BTC Laughing as you mumble " HAHAHAHA I got 8K% Interest Payment From HashFast" as you count your money

The Best Analogy I can think of here is this.

You buy an Item from a Store For $50.00 ( On Sale Down from $200.00 )

But you find you dont want that item so you return it but you find it is no longer onsale for $50.00 but is now Back at normal Price of $200.00 So you bitch and moan because they hand you back $50.00 and not the $200.00

Grow up people You are Getting FULL VALUE OF WHAT YOU PAID IN BACK SO QUIT COMPLAINING AND STOP TRYING TO GET FREE MONEY FOR NOTHING..

YOU COULD BE IN A MUCH MUCH MUCH WORSE SITUATION Look at all the People who LOST all their BTC due to 50btc.com refusing to Pay what they owe to their mininers.

And Yes I am One of those People.

Grow up? Where the fuck is the product? Yet another lie, they say they were shipping on the 31st and did not even ship any customer products. Only some to devs and the mining company.

Warning about Nitrogensports.eu
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=709114.0
perezoso

Activity: 392

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 02:37:12 PM

Double down on the MPP would have been the least worst option for Hashfast, instead its management seems to be circling the wagons for a suicidal shootout with its customers.

Working together - not for "full BTC refunds" - but to twist Hashfast's arms, and legs, to force increased and hopefully accelerated hashpower compensation to Batch 1 customers was also the least worst option for most customers, because if such an effort was successful, all Batch 1 customers stood a chance at getting most of their investment back, or even a return.  The legal route?  A chance of a big payout, but especially for small guys, uncertain and self-defeatingly illogical, and it could lock in even larger losses.

This may not be a herd of cats, instead it's starting to look more like a circular firing squad.

dogjunior

Activity: 407
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 02:43:32 PM

Just to check, you guys don't actually have any delusional pipedream about getting your "same number of BTC paid months and months ago" back, do you?

Firstly because they're just going to say that "in bitcoin" means bitcoin as the payment vehicle.  Everything will be valued in USD, which is what they have to pay all 100% of their costs in.

Secondly, because good luck getting bitcoin from them.  Even a child could make it impossible to get and they will be able to recover/launder it back easily.

You should be happy for a USD refund

How do you explain them saying "if you pay 51 btc then you will receive 51 btc as a refund"? They advertised full bitcoin refunds, that's the only reason I (and many others) ordered, it was zero risk. Until they started lying and changing things they said after the fact.

I seriously hope for your sake you're not quoting some nameless tech support person probably outsourced if not minimum wage employee, because that was the *ONLY* time it was ever mentioned or even implied that it would be in the # of BTC's, and that's pretty much as far from binding as you can get.

the ToS wording is explicitly crafted to avoid this situation.  You're not getting your BTC back.  You'll get your USD back.  They're not going to eat a massive loss, or rather, a massive loss of profits. 

The ToS wording NOW is explicitly crafted to avoid this situation.

Nameless techs, COO, CEO, of the company, how many people need to say btc refunds to make it true?

The ToS I signed said that refunds would be issued according the exchange rate on the DAY ORDERED.

Please post it, i'd love to see objective, proven evidence of this claim.  I've been passively following this situation and while i feel bad for you, many of you look like you're trying to exploit the situation to get 5-10x gains by getting BTC back.

You'll win me over to your camp i guess if you can post this OBJECTIVE EVIDENCE OF THEIR TOS THAT **** EXPLICITALY STATES *** NUMBER OF BITCOIN

REMEMBER : when it say "paid in bitcoin"

BITCOIN IS THE ******VEHICLE******** FOR PAYMENT

it ** NEVER SAID *** that BTC was the VALUE.  they can PAY IN BITCOIN and USE USD VALUEAS THE QUANTITY

It's all posted already:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=391251.0

Yeah i saw it

Sorry to break it to you guys but

>In response to an email sent to the support on 08/16/13:

That's not the ToS.  That's not legally binding.  that's literally less than nothing.  If that is all you have to go on, you have zero fucking chance of getting your BTC # back.

Again, i hope for your sake you have something concrete.  Otherwise take your USD and suck it up.  You could have been handed a worse hand, you could have been BFL'd

BTW

"

Orders are taken in BTC, in the unlikely event we get to refunds they will be given in BTC.
"

That doesn't mean # BTc.  that means you'll get BTC, if it says "full value" that implies USD, what they pay 100% of their costs in, and what you measure profit in.

Actually now i'm wondering if some of you actually tried to use this as a HEDGE, thinking you could cash out BTC back 1:1 in the most volatile exchange market in the history of fucking mankind.  That would be fucking stupid of you

You're being a serious tool. There have been numerous quotes and examples of communications from the company which will be seen as a valid offer before all these attempts to cover their ass recently. The reason they will have a good chance of getting their original payment back is because they gave up xx bitcoins to make the purchase, and to be made whole, they need to receive xx bitcoins back. It could be a crapshoot either way, but your attitude is totally uncalled for. These people are victims of a scam. When they made the purchase they HAD xx bitcoins. They will not profit by getting them back, they will be getting back what they paid. Accepting usd value of a modified conversion rate now would be a tremendous LOSS for them, not the other way around in your warped mind where they "cash out" "5-10x" gains.

The chance of people getting their original BTC back is slim to none. Think about it for a minute. If HF did refund back the original BTC they would have millions of USD losses. They would go bankrupt in 30 days. People that elected to keep their miners would get nothing and most would be left fighting in court. It does not matter what Eduardo said in a chat or how you interpret the TOS. You are lucky if they give you back anything because of the way things look with sales stopped on their website. I believe that HF is in a death spiral.
SantaMuerte

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 02:47:20 PM

Hashfast raped B1 customers violent.
The interesting part in this soap opera (admitt Eduardo would fit like a glove in some spanish b-production, look at that false smile) is if someone dares to fight back / take revenge.

For real, not just hide behind and LCD and type angry words. Hashfast thinks that you all are stupid geeks, that all you'll do is serve them some paper in court and think that will solve anything.

They have already moved all funds to a banana republic, you're fucked.
perezoso

Activity: 392

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 02:49:00 PM

^^^^

Just ignore that dude, okay?  Not going to be a fruitful discussion.
ImI
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 02:53:01 PM

Double down on the MPP would have been the least worst option for Hashfast, instead its management seems to be circling the wagons for a suicidal shootout with its customers.

Working together - not for "full BTC refunds" - but to twist Hashfast's arms, and legs, to force increased and hopefully accelerated hashpower compensation to Batch 1 customers was also the least worst option for most customers, because if such an effort was successful, all Batch 1 customers stood a chance at getting most of their investment back, or even a return.  The legal route?  A chance of a big payout, but especially for small guys, uncertain and self-defeatingly illogical, and it could lock in even larger losses.

This may not be a herd of cats, instead it's starting to look more like a circular firing squad.

I'd say ramping up another MPP is still the best option for HF and customers.
SantaMuerte

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 02:59:07 PM
Last edit: January 03, 2014, 03:57:19 PM by SantaMuerte

The truth hurts, right?

I'm not trying to insult anyone, i'm just telling you guys how scammers act after a big heist like this.

It's perfect. Of course they sent out a couple of dev units to keep your hope up.

Edit: Next step in "How to scam, big time" , after the poorly,  hand assembled dev units going out, is that within 2-4 weeks they will pull HashFast.com

Then within a week comes the official statement from Eudoardo where he with a tear in his eye declares HashFast is no more and they will try (<--) to make sure everyone get's their money back. Curtain, the show is over.
1l1l11ll1l
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2014, 04:35:34 PM

The MPP was based on the amount of BTC invested in the machine not a $ amount or the $5,600 MPP program would last 2 weeks and no one would have been interested. All HF works in BTC : they work on the BTC market, create BTC mining machine, create an MPP based on BTC, and only accepted BTC as a form of payment at the time I purchased and now they want to reimburse partial payment in a fiat currency?

THIS. If anything should be converted, it really should be the people who paid in USD, since their purchase was converted into BTC so it could be calculated for the MPP. I move that everyone, including people who paid in USD, be repaid the BTC amount of the purchase.

GlapLaw

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 05:08:26 PM

Can someone clarify what -- if any -- refunds are being offered?

Are they saying that they'll refund you the amount of Bitcoins at the current exchange rate equivalent to the USD amount of Bitcoins at the time you made the purchase?

I.e. if you paid 50 BTC when 50 BTC were worth $75, and a BTC is worth $750 on the date of your refund, they'd be offering to refund 5 BTC?

Do I have that right?
GodHatesFigs

Activity: 557
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 05:09:15 PM

BFL 2.0 - in before "2 more weeks." Feeling bad for you guys  Undecided
minternj

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 05:10:18 PM

Can someone clarify what -- if any -- refunds are being offered?

Are they saying that they'll refund you the amount of Bitcoins at the current exchange rate equivalent to the USD amount of Bitcoins at the time you made the purchase?

I.e. if you paid 50 BTC when 50 BTC were worth $75, and a BTC is worth $750 on the date of your refund, they'd be offering to refund 5 BTC?

Do I have that right?

giap - here are the terms to refund.

http://hashfast.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Batch-1-Refund-and-Release-Hashfast-Technologies-FINAL.pdf

Warning about Nitrogensports.eu
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=709114.0
itod
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1075

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 05:11:40 PM

I have a question for you all? ? ? ? ? ?

How many of you would still be whining and crying asking for BTC refunds and refusing USD refunds if When you paid for your BJ1 orders BTC had a USD value of $10.00 But then 2 weeks later it dropped to $1.00 and has been there ever since, how many of you folks would still be asking for the same BTC refund if you had the chance to get the FULL Original Value of your Order Back in USD ? ? ? ?

If there would be a chance that BTC would loose it's value 10x for a longer period I would not by any mining equipment, I would sell all my BTC. ScamFast customers knew better, BTC value will in the long run gain value for a long, long time, years from now. HashFast offered BTC refunds also knowing this fact, and scammed everyone to preorder from a company with sub-par references. We thought we were safe - either they deliver or we get only currency we care about back. I don't care what's the current temporary BTC/US$ rate, or what was the rate at the day of the purchase.

The only thing I blame myself for is that I payed without written confirmation that full BTC amount would be returned. Can't believe we collectively where that stupid that we don't have that explicit word "full" in writing. Scammers worded every single communication that way to distract our attention from that fact to some unimportant stuff like MPP, etc.
Pages: « 1 ... 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 [306] 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 ... 586 »
  Print  

Jump to: