Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:10:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 [260] 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 ... 320 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Thread: AMT  (Read 678349 times)
AMT_miners (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 06:21:59 PM

I have a couple of 1200W and some 600W, I could always Daisy chain 2 power supplies together... Any idea how long it would take to get a power supply? Or dates on that are unknown?

There is a 2-3 week from the manufacturers perspective, which was just extended from the expected delivery on Wednesday. Hence the reason we're offering this option now.

You could daisy chain 2 power supplies yes, you'll have to short on of them with a jumper cable between the black and green wire on the mb connector.
AMT_miners (OP)

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 06:22:40 PM

We've gotten a good amount of guys that would be ok with receiving just the kit.

The kit would include the following:

5 modules in the cage that is posted below.
The main board, back plane and gpio cable which connects the two.
Raspberry PI and SD-card which includes the operating system and user interface as well.
Fans - either 8x 80mm or 2 x140mm.
Network Cat 5 cable.

Accepting the above just gets your order out faster. It does not include order upgrades or power supplies (as we're short on PSU's anyway).

[/url]

Clients which opt for this setup ship within 2-3 days (or sooner).

We see clients are taking it out of the case anyway so we figure maybe its best to ship like that and ship faster.

Let us know via sales@advancedminers.com

Nobody replies to that email address.  Nobody.

Can you send us an email?

Also, you have not told anybody which order # is shipping.

Didn't you file a claim already or something?
sirminesalot

Activity: 1148
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 06:23:19 PM

We've gotten a good amount of guys that would be ok with receiving just the kit.

Raspberry PI and SD-card which includes the operating system and user interface as well.
Network Cat 5 cable.

Accepting the above just gets your order out faster. It does not include order upgrades or power supplies (as we're short on PSU's anyway).

[/url]

We see clients are taking it out of the case anyway so we figure maybe its best to ship like that and ship faster.

Will customers that OPT for a DIY setup get any money back (case/psu) that aren't supplied with the order?

Can you ship everything (including case/psu) and let us assemble the miners ourselves?
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 06:26:14 PM

Network Cat 5 cable.

[/url]

Nobody replies to that email address.  Nobody.

Can you send us an email?

Also, you have not told anybody which order # is shipping.

Didn't you file a claim already or something?

I filled a complaint with the Delaware County Consumer Affairs division.  Are you going to respond to that complaint?  Are you going to resolve that complaint?

I am still waiting for resolution on your company's non-delivery.

I'm willing to negotiate on what you deliver, from a full refund, BTC, no cases, no power supply, all the way to just coincraft A1 chips.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
opieum2

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 06:28:58 PM

2-3 days? I don't have a power supply, can you tell me the model number of the one you are using so I can check the availability.

Any 1500 watt would be fine. A better supply with 20-30A per fail should be good. The supply should come with a minimum of 4x 6pin pcie connectors

Enermax 1500 maxrevo is the one we use but they are sold out for the moment.

Shipping related question, what about those doing office pickup? How is that going to work?

"amtminers scam joshua zipkin scammer"
-Joshua Zipkin leaked skype chats http://bit.ly/1s7U2Yb
-For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself.
opieum2

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 06:30:14 PM

Network Cat 5 cable.

[/url]

Will customers that OPT for a DIY setup get any money back (case/psu) that aren't supplied with the order?

Can you ship everything (including case/psu) and let us assemble the miners ourselves?

This is a valid question seeing as the cost between PSU/Case is between 400-500 per system. First question being the more pertinent one.

rik_khaos

Activity: 854

Just a regular guy who likes his fiber.

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 06:32:38 PM

How hefty a power supply would I need if I went this route?

Obviously I'm feeling a bit screwed by the whole deal that if I want my miner now I don't get what I paid for, have to shell out more cash to make it work and don't get any sort of compensation. That is a pretty shitty  deal. At least the cost of the case and the PSU should be subtracted from the order. I don't care about the labor. Or a discount for an upgrade board since we are essentially getting shafted.

Why not send the kit, with the case and then I can use the case for whatever I want. Since it's a constraint in power supplies that are the issue.

Selling BTC for cash in Los Angeles. DM me!
opieum2

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 06:37:27 PM

Obviously I'm feeling a bit screwed by the whole deal that if I want my miner now I don't get what I paid for, have to shell out more cash to make it work and don't get any sort of compensation. That is a pretty shitty  deal. At least the cost of the case and the PSU should be subtracted from the order. I don't care about the labor. Or a discount for an upgrade board since we are essentially getting shafted.

Why not send the kit, with the case and then I can use the case for whatever I want. Since it's a constraint in power supplies that are the issue.

I think the overall point should be since we paid for a full system there should be some sort of partial refund to cover the cost of the missing parts. This way we get that money to use it on said parts. This is just good customer service at this point. It can go a long way towards soothing the delays as well even if the MPP is not honored right off the bat. This is not a huge amount being asked for just enough to balance things out.

NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 2549

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 06:38:15 PM

I have a couple of 1200W and some 600W, I could always Daisy chain 2 power supplies together... Any idea how long it would take to get a power supply? Or dates on that are unknown?
Not daisy-chain (series connection)! That would double the voltage and cause all the majik smoke to escape...
Parallel (1+n), yes though even that needs isolation diodes so the supplies don't fight each other.

Assuming the cards have individual 6-pin PCIe connectors then running the blades off of separate supplies should work fine. (No idea on that, needs AMT input) Just feed the supplies from a power strip so they can be turned on/off at the same time.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
AMT_miners (OP)

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 06:38:45 PM

Network Cat 5 cable.

[/url]

We don't have the PSU's in stock, We are currently on the phones with all the distributors in frickin chino trying find more. We were due to get a large shipment of supplied in Wednesday, we just found out that's not gonna happen for another two weeks.

Refunds or partial refund will not be given for the loss of the case or psu.

Express shipping will be used for shipping the case, so if the original order opted for domestic ground, there is a 100 dollar added value there.

If we do free upgrades of the 6th module ( we will make a decision on that next week when the new backplane comes in on Thursday or Friday, and we have had time to reprogram the re-address of each module (it will take time) we may give priority to those who accepted the kit now.

But also please keep in mine, no single PSU could power 6 boards anyway, despite the wattage of the supply. This has to do directly with the power displacement within the rails of the psu. PSU's sold in the US max out at 175watts per cable. Therefore its almost impossible to get 250watts per cable off more than 4 cables in a PSU.

AMT_miners (OP)

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 06:41:55 PM

I think the overall point should be since we paid for a full system there should be some sort of partial refund to cover the cost of the missing parts. This way we get that money to use it on said parts. This is just good customer service at this point. It can go a long way towards soothing the delays as well even if the MPP is not honored right off the bat. This is not a huge amount being asked for just enough to balance things out.

How about express shipping? The weight on this is about 30lbs, expressing that is costly.

AMT_miners (OP)

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 06:45:07 PM

Just to be clear, that is not a DIY I find acceptable for my order, so do not ship that DIY miner to me.

I will wait for the MPP 1.5THs (6x boards) or greater, which was promised about a month ago.
(That, or wait for "the next unit size up", which would be the 2.4THs miner, which has the new non-daisy-chained boards.)

Right, we'll make a note of that. What was your order number?

My order is #968, and I repeat.. I do NOT want that DIY sent to me. (isawhim@gmail.com)

Wow, seriously... you are asking for my order number now... I posted it about 10 times in the last five days, waiting for a reply for a DIY solution. If you have to ask for it again, then I assume it isn't on your list to send, for the DIY kit. So I will just wait like the rest of everyone-else.

It's like you don't even know who I am, lol. Not sure why I even offered to assist with assembly now.

Not sure why you would send only 5x cards for the stripped-down version, without a case, without a PSU, when you already told us we were getting 6x cards, with a case and with a PSU. You removed assembly, you removed the PSU, you removed the case, you removed the 6th card, and want them to pay the same price? I guess we are the ones doing you the favor on that deal. How do you justify removing about $1200 of hardware, and shipping that as the same $6060 miner we paid for, three months ago?

I think you have it backwards... With all that stuff removed, you should be COMPENSATING for that removed value, by adding a 7th or even an 8th card to the package. To make-up for the lack of case, lack of assembly, lack of PSU. Instead you remove one more of the 6 total cards that we were promised.

Now you have me thinking about asking for a refund. (No, I am not asking for a refund, I just want what was promised. The 1.5THs 6x-board miner, which is the whole reason you said we were all waiting, for that 6-card back plane to arrive. With the PSU's to operate it at the 1.5THs you promised for that speed. That, or the MPP upgrade to the "next unit up", which is your 2.4THs unit.)

Right,

Are you still up for flying up to help? You were once a very nice contributor in this thread and have always liked you Jason, we can tell your somewhat pissed now. We'd like to fly you up here to help. You submitted a very nice email before to Josh and he was impressed and wanted to fly you up then. A few days later if you remember we had board issues and we did not retain anyone's help.

Would you still like to come?
RickJamesBTC

Activity: 378

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 06:46:30 PM

Roll Eyes

No soup for you!

AMT you can't ship substantially less than what people ordered and not compensate them in any way. Just getting their miners very late isn't really a benefit when they have to spend so much more to get it up and running.
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 06:46:46 PM

Network Cat 5 cable.

[/url]

We don't have the PSU's in stock, We are currently on the phones with all the distributors in frickin chino trying find more. We were due to get a large shipment of supplied in Wednesday, we just found out that's not gonna happen for another two weeks.

Refunds or partial refund will not be given for the loss of the case or psu.

Express shipping will be used for shipping the case, so if the original order opted for domestic ground, there is a 100 dollar added value there.

If we do free upgrades of the 6th module ( we will make a decision on that next week when the new backplane comes in on Thursday or Friday, and we have had time to reprogram the re-address of each module (it will take time) we may give priority to those who accepted the kit now.

But also please keep in mine, no single PSU could power 6 boards anyway, despite the wattage of the supply. This has to do directly with the power displacement within the rails of the psu. PSU's sold in the US max out at 175watts per cable. Therefore its almost impossible to get 250watts per cable off more than 4 cables in a PSU.

Wait... you are going to ship without a power supply and not deliver the power supply when you finally have one?

Deliver to me (Order #961) the system with 6 boards WITHOUT the power supply and we have a deal.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
ISAWHIM

Activity: 504

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 06:51:52 PM

Right,

Are you still up for flying up to help? You were once a very nice contributor in this thread and have always liked you Jason, we can tell your somewhat pissed now. We'd like to fly you up here to help. You submitted a very nice email before to Josh and he was impressed and wanted to fly you up then. A few days later if you remember we had board issues and we did not retain anyone's help.

Yes, Just reply back to my e-mail, and I can be there before the PSU's arrive. (If that is the case, then you can completely push my miner to the end of the line. Since I will not need it, while working there. I will not need it until the end of my stay. I told you, you can use those funds to foot any costs, which can be paid-back upon my exit. So no loss to you, nor I.)

This must be Alecia, not Josh typing then... lol. (Sorry if I did not get the name right.)
clenell

Activity: 420

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 07:02:34 PM

Just to be clear, that is not a DIY I find acceptable for my order, so do not ship that DIY miner to me.

I will wait for the MPP 1.5THs (6x boards) or greater, which was promised about a month ago.
(That, or wait for "the next unit size up", which would be the 2.4THs miner, which has the new non-daisy-chained boards.)

I find that DIY unacceptable as well. I want a refund.

I intend to coarsen. I want stark contrasts drawn. I want polarization. I will not quietly accept stateism so as not to upset anyone. I am not tolerant of our impending and increasing slavery.
rik_khaos

Activity: 854

Just a regular guy who likes his fiber.

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 07:04:57 PM
Last edit: March 31, 2014, 07:21:32 PM by rik_khaos

How about express shipping? The weight on this is about 30lbs, expressing that is costly.

What about those who already paid extra for the express shipping?

How about instead of no case and psu we get 6 boards 2 cages and 2 pi's with SD-card which includes the operating system and user interface as well.
Fans - either 8x 80mm or 2 x140mm 2 back planes (since you are getting new ones in soon anyway), and the proper connecting cables. Then we have to get two small PSUs on our own anyway and we can run them as two rigs off of different sockets in the home?

Selling BTC for cash in Los Angeles. DM me!
opieum2

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 07:11:02 PM

Obviously I'm feeling a bit screwed by the whole deal that if I want my miner now I don't get what I paid for, have to shell out more cash to make it work and don't get any sort of compensation. That is a pretty shitty  deal. At least the cost of the case and the PSU should be subtracted from the order. I don't care about the labor. Or a discount for an upgrade board since we are essentially getting shafted.

You are correct on that but not that expensive. I checked it out and it is not cheap if its expressed overnight. But not on express saver (which is what i assume would be the case) Least in my case considering I am far closer so not quite as expensive unless you were sending it priority overnight. But in many other cases it would be very pricy. I actually took a look based on my order (2 systems).

However the option of getting that 6th card after all current orders are completed (even if not now) would be an acceptable compromise and I would consider the MPP met even if not with a full upgrade to the next unit. As you already alluded to it being a possibility I would be good with it. If there are modifications that need to be made with a 6th card, that can be simply documented and sent since those of us receiving the kit would be assuming that risk of reconfiguration. #1493 which I thank you for already having responded to.

But yea adding some small compensation (as pretty much every other delayed player has done) would go a long way to easing tensions for most.

PS gotta say its refreshing to see this thread actually taking a turn for productiveness and progress.

AMT_miners (OP)

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 07:12:51 PM

Right,

Yes, Just reply back to my e-mail, and I can be there before the PSU's arrive. (If that is the case, then you can completely push my miner to the end of the line. Since I will not need it, while working there. I will not need it until the end of my stay. I told you, you can use those funds to foot any costs, which can be paid-back upon my exit. So no loss to you, nor I.)

This must be Alecia, not Josh typing then... lol. (Sorry if I did not get the name right.)

Alyssa,

And Josh rarely types here. Smiley I'll check you're mail and get back to you shortly.
AMT_miners (OP)

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 07:15:24 PM

Obviously I'm feeling a bit screwed by the whole deal that if I want my miner now I don't get what I paid for, have to shell out more cash to make it work and don't get any sort of compensation. That is a pretty shitty  deal. At least the cost of the case and the PSU should be subtracted from the order. I don't care about the labor. Or a discount for an upgrade board since we are essentially getting shafted.

You are correct on that but not that expensive. I checked it out and it is not cheap if its expressed overnight. But not on express saver (which is what i assume would be the case) Least in my case considering I am far closer so not quite as expensive unless you were sending it priority overnight. But in many other cases it would be very pricy. I actually took a look based on my order (2 systems).

However the option of getting that 6th card after all current orders are completed (even if not now) would be an acceptable compromise and I would consider the MPP met even if not with a full upgrade to the next unit. As you already alluded to it being a possibility I would be good with it. If there are modifications that need to be made with a 6th card, that can be simply documented and sent since those of us receiving the kit would be assuming that risk of reconfiguration. #1493 which I thank you for already having responded to.

But yea adding some small compensation (as pretty much every other delayed player has done) would go a long way to easing tensions for most.

PS gotta say its refreshing to see this thread actually taking a turn for productiveness and progress.

The modifications would be the new back plane ( a pcb board itself ) that we would send you. The current back plane allows for only 5 cards period, so even if we wanted to upgrade we couldn't in the moment anyway. So the 6th card would have to be sent with the new back plane.
Pages: « 1 ... 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 [260] 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 ... 320 »
  Print  

Jump to: