Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:19:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 ... 163 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Setup & Troubleshoot] Bitmain AntMiner S1 180GH/S miner  (Read 452140 times)
aetos

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 03:10:37 PM

is there anyone that solo mines using the antminer s1??? if so can you share how?

Solo mining will take you ages to find a block. Even at 180GH won't it take maybe a year or more to find a block on average?

If you don't want to use third party pools, your best best is to run a local copy of p2pool and mine off of that. Then you will reduce your variance since you are sharing work with all of the other p2pool miners.
i dont want to mine btc lol  i mine  new coins where u get many and wait til they hit the market:)
so is there any way to solo mine with s1?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
roy7

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 03:27:16 PM

i dont want to mine btc lol  i mine  new coins where u get many and wait til they hit the market:)

Yes look up any solo mining guide. The fact you are mining with an S1 vs any other ASIC miner in the market doesn't matter. The setup is all the same.
aetos

Activity: 294

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 03:39:36 PM

Yes look up any solo mining guide. The fact you are mining with an S1 vs any other ASIC miner in the market doesn't matter. The setup is all the same.

it has an internal version of cgminer
with cube you added http-port 8332    with antmier is not the same.
and the fact is not the same:) ... antminer is not connected to your pc its to your router
navigator

Activity: 362

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 04:32:22 PM

I can't get my antminer to solo mine. It returns nothing but rejects.

I tried a couple different alt-coins with the same results. I can point my bfl single to the same mining client and it will find blocks. Maybe the antminer is too fast for getwork.

I think the solution is to setup a stratum proxy, but IDK. You can read more about that here:
http://mining.bitcoin.cz/stratum-mining

The part about ntime rolling that says "However, a block created from massively modified ntime can be rejected by Bitcoin network." I think that is what could be happening, but I am not expert at this and trying to figure it out myself.
roy7

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 04:42:18 PM

it has an internal version of cgminer
with cube you added http-port 8332    with antmier is not the same.
and the fact is not the same:) ... antminer is not connected to your pc its to your router

Ahh my apologies then.
sushi (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

ASIC Myth Buster

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 05:08:31 PM

CPU power connector will fit if you force it, but the PIN out on +12v and Ground are reversed between the CPU line and PCI-E line so PLEASE DO NOT DO IT!!!

You will damage the Antminer.  (that damage will not be covered by the warranty if the board was fried)

Are you sure the 4 pin CPU connector fits into the 6 pin PCI-E?
I haven't tried, but I think they should have made it incompatible.

I have tried, and I was stunned to see it fit. Fortunately, I checked the pinout before switching on the PSU and I realised how bad things would turn.

(there are 2x 4 pin for CPU, only one of them fits, the one with only D-shaped holes)

>>> PM me for New ASIC Miner's Info.  We will go check it out <<<
FEEL GENEROUS TODAY?  ==> 1AHNusc3BQA2QJCokySAQ1Qtymr1ZyAG6P
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 05:38:47 PM

CPU power connector will fit if you force it, but the PIN out on +12v and Ground are reversed between the CPU line and PCI-E line so PLEASE DO NOT DO IT!!!

You will damage the Antminer.  (that damage will not be covered by the warranty if the board was fried)

Are you sure the 4 pin CPU connector fits into the 6 pin PCI-E?
I haven't tried, but I think they should have made it incompatible.

I have tried, and I was stunned to see it fit. Fortunately, I checked the pinout before switching on the PSU and I realised how bad things would turn.

(there are 2x 4 pin for CPU, only one of them fits, the one with only D-shaped holes)
LOL... I accidentally did this using a 4 pin CPU connector with one of mine while setting it up, but luckily the PSU shut down without any damage. Bitmain should change the connector though, they're using a 6 pin with the standard keying instead of the proper PCIe keying. You can still plug a 6 pin PCIe power cable into it, but you can also plug in a standard 6 pin or 4 pin (like a CPU) connector. If they'd used the correct one, you wouldn't be able to do that.
bronan

Activity: 774
Merit: 500

Lazy Lurker Reads Alot

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 07:06:02 PM

Yes i did never go higher then 387.5 Mhz because i think its not really worth going higher
The one constant showing the xxxx on all cores does seem to make 180 Gh as written by the makers, and so far is not going much faster if i clock it at 387.5 however it seems to be a little faster on 375 Mhz which is in my view still much below the actual speed these antminers can do.
So for some it might be worth the risk goin beyond the 400 Mhz i think the difference will not be worth the small increase in speed gained.
I rather stay well withing normal operations below the 400 Mhz so the miners stay alive for a longer period.
Its just weird that the x's appeared since the box has been placed, but again it does keep running steady around 180 Gh.
Am just wondering if it might be something with the cooling or something, if i let the fan run at full speed the noise is enormous Cheesy
And even then after some hours mining the x's appear and stay. So i am not sure if it is nothing to worry about or that there is something wrong with this one for the long run.

I've found a sweet-spot on the damaged miner at 387.5 and it keeps the errors under 1%... can't go any higher without it it jumping over 6%. That one shows no X's and has been running at that speed for days now.
The newer miner is running at 400Mhz and is very stable... the X's come and go and there doesn't seem to be a pattern, sometimes they go away without turning the miner off, so I think it's a software problem.

I agree on that setting because no matter what speed i set from 200 tot 387 i get to see the whole line keeps changing into XXXX

Hmm you might be right especially since i see no change in hash speeds but i sure would like one of the techs from bitmaintech to confirm or better yet look at this Smiley

Because the ultimate test with the fan running full speed showing 4000+ rpm does not change the X's appear after several hours.

So i am sure its not the cooling nor the power , my 1200 watt antec / 1600 watt lepa and 1000 watt nzxt are very capable of feeding 2 ants
While the 850watt corsair became extreme hot when running 2 ants the 3 above do not even get warm running 2 ants.
Billsonl

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 08:07:04 PM

is there anyone that solo mines using the antminer s1??? if so can you share how?

Is it usually very difficult to get a reply from sushi in regards to a faulty board?
I bought from Bitmain directly and he told me to contact Sushi during the CNY.
Even sushi himself send me an email:

While Bitmain is off due to the Chinese New Year, if you need any support issues, Please contact me and I will assist you with your need!

SUSHI

it's very difficult/ almost impossible to get any kind of support from either Bitmain or sushi.  On 2014-01-24 I received a Dead on Arrival Antminer S1.  Contacted Bitmain and he forwarded my request to sushi on 2014-01-26. sushi never replied.  On 2014-01-31, the bad board was delivered to the RMA address in the USA per Bitmain's insturctions.  On 2014-02-01 I contacted Bitmain about the status.  Again he forwarded my PM to Shushi.  As of today, nothing, no status, no board.  Almost 2 weeks of lost mining time and no board...Just my expericence
ElGabo

Activity: 635

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 08:25:06 PM

Is it usually very difficult to get a reply from sushi in regards to a faulty board?

While Bitmain is off due to the Chinese New Year, if you need any support issues, Please contact me and I will assist you with your need!

SUSHI

it's very difficult/ almost impossible to get any kind of support from either Bitmain or sushi.  On 2014-01-24 I received a Dead on Arrival Antminer S1.  Contacted Bitmain and he forwarded my request to sushi on 2014-01-26. sushi never replied.  On 2014-01-31, the bad board was delivered to the RMA address in the USA per Bitmain's insturctions.  On 2014-02-01 I contacted Bitmain about the status.  Again he forwarded my PM to Shushi.  As of today, nothing, no status, no board.  Almost 2 weeks of lost mining time and no board...Just my expericence

Try skype...

Sushi will help you for sure. i have only good experience with him.

" I'm waiting for my punishment, I know it's on my way
  So cut, cut, cut me up and fuck, fuck, fuck me up"
CYPER

Activity: 798
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 08:29:13 PM

SUSHI

Try skype...

Sushi will help you for sure. i have only good experience with him.

What is his Skype?
minternj

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 08:29:37 PM

I received a rma part back from sushi last week so give him some time.

Warning about Nitrogensports.eu
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=709114.0
CYPER

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 08:32:47 PM

My problem is a partially faulty board hashing at only 135GH/s, so it makes no economic sense to send it back.
I think a better solution is to get a partial refund, which will be around 0.26BTC.
sushi (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

ASIC Myth Buster

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 08:56:58 PM

1st...  some customers who purchased Bitmain product else where is asking me to help their customer service and other issues.  

Per Bitmain's Warranty Term, the defective item must be returned before the exchange can take place and NO REFUND.

(You can thank a few people who abused the advance part shipping and never returned the claimed to be defective items.  That caused a STRICT EXCHANGE POLICY)

There are many way to lower the hash-rate on purpose, so without receiving it at the Bitmain place, I don't think they will issue anything.

You can just send the damaged PCB only, so you can continue to hash at 90 GH/s while wait for the warranty.

What county are you located?

My problem is a partially faulty board hashing at only 135GH/s, so it makes no economic sense to send it back.
I think a better solution is to get a partial refund, which will be around 0.26BTC.

>>> PM me for New ASIC Miner's Info.  We will go check it out <<<
FEEL GENEROUS TODAY?  ==> 1AHNusc3BQA2QJCokySAQ1Qtymr1ZyAG6P
CYPER

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 09:02:09 PM

Hi, I am in the UK.

Btw I am confused at what your role is exactly? Are you fully authorized to deal with RMAs or are you doing this out of good will? What exactly is your relationship with Bitmain in terms of Customer support?

In regards to the faulty board I am open to any suggestions for you to verify that indeed the board is faulty. I would be even happy if I can fix it myself, so if you can help me establish what is wrong then I would not have to send it back.

Thank you.

1st...  some customers who purchased Bitmain product else where is asking me to help their customer service and other issues.  

Per Bitmain's Warranty Term, the defective item must be returned before the exchange can take place and NO REFUND.

(You can thank a few people who abused the advance part shipping and never returned the claimed to be defective items.  That caused a STRICT EXCHANGE POLICY)

There are many way to lower the hash-rate on purpose, so without receiving it at the Bitmain place, I don't think they will issue anything.

You can just send the damaged PCB only, so you can continue to hash at 90 GH/s while wait for the warranty.

freebit13

Activity: 616

I got Satoshi's avatar!

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 09:41:13 PM

Yes i did never go higher then 387.5 Mhz because i think its not really worth going higher
The one constant showing the xxxx on all cores does seem to make 180 Gh as written by the makers, and so far is not going much faster if i clock it at 387.5 however it seems to be a little faster on 375 Mhz which is in my view still much below the actual speed these antminers can do.
So for some it might be worth the risk goin beyond the 400 Mhz i think the difference will not be worth the small increase in speed gained.
I rather stay well withing normal operations below the 400 Mhz so the miners stay alive for a longer period.
Its just weird that the x's appeared since the box has been placed, but again it does keep running steady around 180 Gh.
Am just wondering if it might be something with the cooling or something, if i let the fan run at full speed the noise is enormous Cheesy
And even then after some hours mining the x's appear and stay. So i am not sure if it is nothing to worry about or that there is something wrong with this one for the long run.

I've found a sweet-spot on the damaged miner at 387.5 and it keeps the errors under 1%... can't go any higher without it it jumping over 6%. That one shows no X's and has been running at that speed for days now.
The newer miner is running at 400Mhz and is very stable... the X's come and go and there doesn't seem to be a pattern, sometimes they go away without turning the miner off, so I think it's a software problem.

I agree on that setting because no matter what speed i set from 200 tot 387 i get to see the whole line keeps changing into XXXX

Hmm you might be right especially since i see no change in hash speeds but i sure would like one of the techs from bitmaintech to confirm or better yet look at this Smiley

Because the ultimate test with the fan running full speed showing 4000+ rpm does not change the X's appear after several hours.

So i am sure its not the cooling nor the power , my 1200 watt antec / 1600 watt lepa and 1000 watt nzxt are very capable of feeding 2 ants
While the 850watt corsair became extreme hot when running 2 ants the 3 above do not even get warm running 2 ants.

Hopefully one of the techs might confirm, but I think the consensus was that the X's don't really matter, it might be power supply (which it obviously isn't in your case, or mine actually) or it might be software related (more likely) or perhaps it something else. I've just logged in to my miners after a couple of hours and the X's have disappeared from the one and appeared on the other with nothing having changed except the time of day obviously.

Everyone seems to be going a little overboard on cooling when it's clearly not the problem as you can get the chips to run at 30o with the stock fan alone, which you've proven has no effect on the X's and I've seen no improvement in hash rate when doing that either.

I'd say check your kernel log and if it says something along the lines of: [Memory: 28848k/32768k available] only 32Mb instead of [Memory: 61336k/65536k available] 64Mb, then you have the same problem as I do i.e. faulty controller board. I've been in contact with sushi as I bought from him and organized a (hefty) deposit to get a new controller board shipped and I have to send the damaged one back within 2 days of receiving the new one or I forfeit the deposit. It's Bitmain's policy, but I can just imagine the hassles they've had with people not returning items etc. and I can imagine Sushi is quite bogged down with all the traveling he seems to do, not to mention the CNY which seems to cause as much havoc as 1 inch of snow in London  Grin

Decentralize EVERYTHING!
freebit13

I got Satoshi's avatar!

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 09:47:36 PM

Hi, I am in the UK.

Btw I am confused at what your role is exactly? Are you fully authorized to deal with RMAs or are you doing this out of good will? What exactly is your relationship with Bitmain in terms of Customer support?

In regards to the faulty board I am open to any suggestions for you to verify that indeed the board is faulty. I would be even happy if I can fix it myself, so if you can help me establish what is wrong then I would not have to send it back.

Thank you.

Hi, don't want to answer for sushi, but as far as I know he has a very close relationship with them and the first antminers were offered on the market solely through him via his group buys and now Bitmain has started to sell them on their own website. I think sushi is providing support for those who bought through his group buys as he states the he provides support etc. and seems to have a very good reputation for helping people out on skype and team viewer. I think he's currently having a bit of a problem because he has "out of the goodness of his own heart" taken it upon himself to help out people who have bought directly from bitmain (whose communication is not as good) and are having problems, but come to him because of this OP.

Well, I guess I kinda answered for him, but it might help answer some questions while you wait for a reply...

Decentralize EVERYTHING!
CYPER

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 09:55:55 PM

I think he's currently having a bit of a problem because he has "out of the goodness of his own heart" taken it upon himself to help out people who have bought directly from bitmain (whose communication is not as good) and are having problems, but come to him because of this OP.

Well, I guess I kinda answered for him, but it might help answer some questions while you wait for a reply...

Bitmain told me in an email to contact sushi for support and sushi contacted me personally to say I should contact him with any support issues, while Bitmain is off for the CNY.
So I believe he has contractual obligations to support Bitmain customers  Wink
freebit13

I got Satoshi's avatar!

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 10:30:50 PM

I think he's currently having a bit of a problem because he has "out of the goodness of his own heart" taken it upon himself to help out people who have bought directly from bitmain (whose communication is not as good) and are having problems, but come to him because of this OP.

Bitmain told me in an email to contact sushi for support and sushi contacted me personally to say I should contact him with any support issues, while Bitmain is off for the CNY.
So I believe he has contractual obligations to support Bitmain customers  Wink
... but I'll shut up now and stop spreading rumors as I'm not 100% sure tbh... Wink

Decentralize EVERYTHING!
BotwinBG

Activity: 588

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 01:38:47 AM

Hopefully one of the techs might confirm, but I think the consensus was that the X's don't really matter, it might be power supply (which it obviously isn't in your case, or mine actually) or it might be software related (more likely) or perhaps it something else. I've just logged in to my miners after a couple of hours and the X's have disappeared from the one and appeared on the other with nothing having changed except the time of day obviously.

Everyone seems to be going a little overboard on cooling when it's clearly not the problem as you can get the chips to run at 30o with the stock fan alone, which you've proven has no effect on the X's and I've seen no improvement in hash rate when doing that either.

I'd say check your kernel log and if it says something along the lines of: [Memory: 28848k/32768k available] only 32Mb instead of [Memory: 61336k/65536k available] 64Mb, then you have the same problem as I do i.e. faulty controller board. I've been in contact with sushi as I bought from him and organized a (hefty) deposit to get a new controller board shipped and I have to send the damaged one back within 2 days of receiving the new one or I forfeit the deposit. It's Bitmain's policy, but I can just imagine the hassles they've had with people not returning items etc. and I can imagine Sushi is quite bogged down with all the traveling he seems to do, not to mention the CNY which seems to cause as much havoc as 1 inch of snow in London  Grin

Wait, I got that - Memory: 28848k/32768k available . The unit hashes on just fine at 400Mhz though...

AMEPAY
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
│▌
AMEPAY IEO
▄██████▄ ▀██████▄
█████████  ▀█████
███████▀     ▀███
██████▀  ▄█▄  ▀██
██████▄  ▀█▀  ▄██
███████▄     ▄███
█████████  ▄█████
▀██████▀ ▄██████▀
AMEPAY LISTING
   ▐███▄
   ████▌
▐██████████▄
████████████
 ████▌  █████
▐████  ▄████
██████████▀
 ▀█████▀▀
▐│
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Pages: « 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 ... 163 »
  Print  

Jump to: