Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:04:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 ... 163 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Setup & Troubleshoot] Bitmain AntMiner S1 180GH/S miner  (Read 452140 times)
BTCsovjet

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 07:37:32 PM

I have powered up my miner and connected the ethernet-cable to my laptop. But I cant access the Antminer via its IP.

Whats wrong?

Edit; I followed this guide at first, changing the network settings and w/e. But now I se other guides that just connect miner and pc and then just type in the IP in the browser to access the miner.

Now nothing works.. Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
twib2

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Helperizer

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 08:59:51 PM

I have powered up my miner and connected the ethernet-cable to my laptop. But I cant access the Antminer via its IP.

Whats wrong?

Edit; I followed this guide at first, changing the network settings and w/e. But now I se other guides that just connect miner and pc and then just type in the IP in the browser to access the miner.

Now nothing works.. Grin

You can connect directly to it, but your laptop would have to have a static IP, *AND* it would have to be on the same subnet, with the same gateway settings (though this latter might not be absolutely necessary).  So, if your Ant S1 is at 192.168.1.99, then you need to be sure you laptop is somehwere else on 192.168.1.x, where x is not equal to 1, 99, 254, or 255).  Then you should be able to go straight to it in your browser.

The reason many folks can just plug and go is that for them, they've already got a static IP and are on the right subnet (192.168.1.x) and gateway.  It's a fairly standard setup that puts you on 192.168.1.x and with a gateway of 192.168.1.1, so you might just have to set a static IP.

Cryptsy Exchange        bcmon: Monitor all your miners in one place!            BTC tips: 1GY9wmMmw1E7DPLzQXt4UPuEuHQN29PixD
CYPER

Activity: 798
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 01:41:12 AM
Last edit: January 30, 2014, 03:50:52 AM by CYPER

Guys how do you fix the x problem: xoxoxoxo xoxoxoxo xxoooooo oooooooo

Of the 9 Ants I got the last one is hashing at only 127GH/s because only 16 chips are working on the 2nd blade.
I disconnected the cables as told in post 1, but no luck.
I even connected that bad board to one of the other Ants + different PSU and still the same. All tests conclude that it is the board fault.
Any ideas how to fix it?
Easy2Mine

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

einc.io

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 01:47:19 AM

Whats wrong?

Now nothing works.. Grin

If nothing works, because you don't know the IP anymore, you could push the reset button.
All new versions of the Antminer have that without having to do funny stuff to reset it.
Download Netscan from Softperfect instead of the IP scanner in the tutorial, this one works better and find a lot hidden IP's.

klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 03:51:24 AM

Of the 9 Ants I got the last one is hashing at only 127GH/s because only 16 chips are working on the 2nd blade.

Any ideas?

1) whats your power supply. a single 12V rail with >550W is needed for stable operation
2) reboot the miner - usually this clears any chip errors

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
CYPER

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 03:54:34 AM

Any ideas?

1) whats your power supply. a single 12V rail with >550W is needed for stable operation
2) reboot the miner - usually this clears any chip errors

PSU is Corsair CX600M and I use it for the other 8 Ants - it works perfectly.
I rebooted many times.
I even connected that bad board to one of the other Ants + different PSU and still the same. All tests conclude that it is the board fault.
klondike_bar
Legendary

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 03:59:52 AM

FAN HELP...thanks

I am having issues on 3 of 6 ANTMINERS received in this last order with what seems like bad/dead fans....

so on one unit the Antminer was running perfect, other than this unit had a particularly louder than usual fan for one of these rigs, the it stop running and of course the unit stopped mining and started beeping (awesome safety feature). So I thought bad fan, wrong, run good when testing it on the 2nd FAN PWN connection on a running unit...
so then I though bad power supply, wrong....

test a known good antminer, and it power up and mined perfectly....
then I started test the unit and found out by accident that just as I disconnected the fan it moved...I saw that and started messing with the plug and got the fan to work....Somehow if I shove the fan connect all the way down it won't work....I thought it was a bad/bent pin, wrong, then I thought a bad pin in the fan connector, wrong again...If I dangle the fan connector just right, it will run and the rig will mine, but if falls or is not a good connection or I shove it all the way down, no fan = no mining

same for the next 2 units. EXCEPT 1 unit did run with the fan connector all the way down and I could see the FAN RPM's in the web browser, but now I cannot. While it did run, unit 1 did have a weird burning smell....so I am concluding that these are not the same fans that came in earlier batches....and that maybe the speed sensor/control on the fan has burned out...and that was the burning smell....
and the fan works when I dangle/connect it just slightly to give power but not to the sensor???

thoughts, suggestions fixes ideas are welcome. I am ordering some new fans which are not as easy to find as some say, I did order one before and it was the right dimension, slightly wrong connector and pinned out wrong ( i had to swap the pins around in the fan). 

thanks,
sbfree

ps. these 3 units are currently running, but I can't see fan RPM's nor can I shove the connectors all the way down or fan stops as soon as  I try to do that.

there is some poor fan quality. my very first antminer had a terribly loud fan about 2-3x noisier then any 'proper' antminer since. I had another unit where the fan doesnt start until hashing or 'flicked' into motion (starting voltage outside threshold of idle?) and makes a bit of a clicking noise as it spins, perhaps a slight contact to the heatsink screws just below.

bitmain was actually nice enough to send an extra fan with my last order for the 25th cut-off date (it arrived with a corner snapped off in transit somehow - nothing superglue didnt fix) and it is a:

FXDS
DC Brushless Fan
Model: DC 12V 1A
SZFUXIDESHUO CO.,LTD.   *yes that's spelled right :p*

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
sushi (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

ASIC Myth Buster

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 06:08:11 AM

1st thing in my mind.... PSU 

Please make sure you are using a PSU with 2 +12v rails and each PCI-E cable is coming from it's own rail.  (Not 2 PCI-E connectors from 1 cable)

If the above is not the case, if you feel confortable unscrewing the hashing PCB on the network port side and other hashing pcb and swap it.  Then turn on the antminer with 1 blade only.  If it still shows many XXXXX then, it's time for the RMA to get a replacement Hashing PCB

Just got an S1 in today and hooked up. I have a section of ASIC status all xxxxxxxx and only running 156 Gh/s(avg).  I switched the PCI-e cables around and still the same. Upon further inspection I noted that the RF led is not a steady flashing rate on one of the blades.  Only flashes a couple times every other second or so. Definitely not behaving like the RF led on the other blade. Anything I can take a look at?

>>> PM me for New ASIC Miner's Info.  We will go check it out <<<
FEEL GENEROUS TODAY?  ==> 1AHNusc3BQA2QJCokySAQ1Qtymr1ZyAG6P
klondike_bar
Legendary

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 07:29:15 AM

Please make sure you are using a PSU with 2 +12v rails and each PCI-E cable is coming from it's own rail.  (Not 2 PCI-E connectors from 1 cable)

If the above is not the case, if you feel confortable unscrewing the hashing PCB on the network port side and other hashing pcb and swap it.  Then turn on the antminer with 1 blade only.  If it still shows many XXXXX then, it's time for the RMA to get a replacement Hashing PCB

Just got an S1 in today and hooked up. I have a section of ASIC status all xxxxxxxx and only running 156 Gh/s(avg).  I switched the PCI-e cables around and still the same. Upon further inspection I noted that the RF led is not a steady flashing rate on one of the blades.  Only flashes a couple times every other second or so. Definitely not behaving like the RF led on the other blade. Anything I can take a look at?

easiest way to check is to measure the voltage with a multimeter across the two legs of the inductor (grey cube above the faulting 8 chips). You should pick up a voltage of 1.1V - If this voltage is not present it means those chips have no power. I had a similar issue with my second batch antminer but it was the first 'segment' on the board that had no voltage, thus none of the 32 chips on the side worked. Bitmain was very good at shipping me a replacement PCB

sbfree

Activity: 336

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 09:23:31 AM

sushi, I need to leave you a tip....i have 15,000 dogecoins I would like to tip you with....since that is the new coin for tipping.
CYPER

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 02:58:54 PM

Please make sure you are using a PSU with 2 +12v rails and each PCI-E cable is coming from it's own rail.  (Not 2 PCI-E connectors from 1 cable)

If the above is not the case, if you feel confortable unscrewing the hashing PCB on the network port side and other hashing pcb and swap it.  Then turn on the antminer with 1 blade only.  If it still shows many XXXXX then, it's time for the RMA to get a replacement Hashing PCB

Just got an S1 in today and hooked up. I have a section of ASIC status all xxxxxxxx and only running 156 Gh/s(avg).  I switched the PCI-e cables around and still the same. Upon further inspection I noted that the RF led is not a steady flashing rate on one of the blades.  Only flashes a couple times every other second or so. Definitely not behaving like the RF led on the other blade. Anything I can take a look at?

easiest way to check is to measure the voltage with a multimeter across the two legs of the inductor (grey cube above the faulting 8 chips). You should pick up a voltage of 1.1V - If this voltage is not present it means those chips have no power. I had a similar issue with my second batch antminer but it was the first 'segment' on the board that had no voltage, thus none of the 32 chips on the side worked. Bitmain was very good at shipping me a replacement PCB

Thank you for the tip. I measured voltages at various points and these are my findings:

Red: 11.56V so juice is definitely getting into the board.
Yellow: 1.1V is present here
Green: this capacitor is supposed to be around 12V, right? Yet it measures much lower and the voltage is dropping as I measure it.

Can you recommend if this can be fixed by me: a have a mobile phone repair guy, who is very good at soldering, so if I can replace something then I'd rather fix it myself.
Or if it is not easily replaceable then I would rather have a small refund as only 50GH/s are not working, which is 28% of the miner.
CYPER

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 03:08:12 PM

Hi, the PSU has a single PSU rail with a 552W of DC voltage, which is more than enough. 8 other AntMiners are completely happy with that same PSU.
Just for the testing I connected one blade with the PCI-E cable and the other with the CPU cable, where I stripped the cables = same thing.
The problem is in the board, so please check my post above and advise if there is anything I can do?
I'd rather not RMA, but fix it myself. Of if that is not possible I would much rather get a partial refund as only 28% of the miner is not working. I can let you inside the miner Web GUI to verify.
matt4054
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1035

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 11:44:12 PM

and the other with the CPU cable, where I stripped the cables = same thing.

I understand that you clipped off the CPU connector and wired the +12V and GND lines in the screw terminals correctly, but just mentioning using the CPU connector in an Antminer S1 thread makes me raise a warning: although one of the CPU (4 pin) connector does fit into the PCI-e 3 pin connector (mechanically speaking), it's absolutely not electrically compatible as GND and +12V are opposite in the pinout. If someone attempts to do this, the result would probably be disastrous.
CYPER

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 02:12:34 AM

and the other with the CPU cable, where I stripped the cables = same thing.

I understand that you clipped off the CPU connector and wired the +12V and GND lines in the screw terminals correctly, but just mentioning using the CPU connector in an Antminer S1 thread makes me raise a warning: although one of the CPU (4 pin) connector does fit into the PCI-e 3 pin connector (mechanically speaking), it's absolutely not electrically compatible as GND and +12V are opposite in the pinout. If someone attempts to do this, the result would probably be disastrous.

Are you sure the 4 pin CPU connector fits into the 6 pin PCI-E?
I haven't tried, but I think they should have made it incompatible.
matt4054
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1035

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 04:25:01 AM

Are you sure the 4 pin CPU connector fits into the 6 pin PCI-E?
I haven't tried, but I think they should have made it incompatible.

I have tried, and I was stunned to see it fit. Fortunately, I checked the pinout before switching on the PSU and I realised how bad things would turn.

(there are 2x 4 pin for CPU, only one of them fits, the one with only D-shaped holes)
klondike_bar
Legendary

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 04:39:12 AM

Please make sure you are using a PSU with 2 +12v rails and each PCI-E cable is coming from it's own rail.  (Not 2 PCI-E connectors from 1 cable)

If the above is not the case, if you feel confortable unscrewing the hashing PCB on the network port side and other hashing pcb and swap it.  Then turn on the antminer with 1 blade only.  If it still shows many XXXXX then, it's time for the RMA to get a replacement Hashing PCB

Just got an S1 in today and hooked up. I have a section of ASIC status all xxxxxxxx and only running 156 Gh/s(avg).  I switched the PCI-e cables around and still the same. Upon further inspection I noted that the RF led is not a steady flashing rate on one of the blades.  Only flashes a couple times every other second or so. Definitely not behaving like the RF led on the other blade. Anything I can take a look at?

Thank you for the tip. I measured voltages at various points and these are my findings:

Red: 11.56V so juice is definitely getting into the board.
Yellow: 1.1V is present here
Green: this capacitor is supposed to be around 12V, right? Yet it measures much lower and the voltage is dropping as I measure it.

Can you recommend if this can be fixed by me: a have a mobile phone repair guy, who is very good at soldering, so if I can replace something then I'd rather fix it myself.
Or if it is not easily replaceable then I would rather have a small refund as only 50GH/s are not working, which is 28% of the miner.

My immediate impression is that your 12V DC power is far too low. Equipment will not handle well outside of a 11.7-12.4V range and it is almost certainly your PSU being a bit too weak for the job, or running long 18AWG cables that are losing voltage across the distance (partially as the cables getting warm).

I *imagine* that the all 3 capacitors should act the same way when tested - its possible that one might be poor quality and shorting/draining when tested with the meter.

2ND THOUGHT: I am not sure how the power is given from the 12V in to the 4 'segments', but if it is a chain across the the 3 capacitors in a rightward direction the capacitor could be broken and the multimeter is causing the connection to complete, but designed not to carry the required amperage through its probes -> hence voltage drops without a valid circuit. I am not an electrical engineer though, so a 2nd opinion would be a good idea before you take the soldering iron to it. If it is the capacitor, it would be a very easy fix if your friend has the tools for fire-point soldering and some experience with phones. (I personally have only a larger iron so I would not attempt a smaller component like that without buying a new tool or two)

By the way, which section is the one showing all x's? The second one I imagine?

Gamer67

Activity: 294

тσ ¢σιи σя иσт тσ ¢σιи?

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 04:40:29 AM

Antminer cgminer config api access

I have searched but could not find much. I do vaguely remember reading something about it somewhere though.

Does anyone know how to access cgminer config so I can add options like api access api allow api groups if that is possible.

*edit: I think I found it.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=412322.msg4675097#msg4675097

"I am not Dorian Nakamoto."
dazzling2865

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 10:10:43 AM

I have one unit I thought the fan was bad on as well. I'm not sure if the damage is in the fan itself or the board, but for whatever reason the PWM doesn't seem to work. Taking a small flat head screwdriver and pushing down the locking pin on the blue wire of the fan connector allows you to pull it out, which will cause the fan to run at full speed. That solved my issue.

Great. Thanks. Both now OC to 400MHZ and running at 40 degrees. Let's hope the fans last a while!

I wish Bitmain would publish a way to SSH into the S1 (as we do for OC) and set a target temperature so I can set to say 45 but I'm guessing this might me more crudely done with the hardware.
jdot007

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 10:28:19 AM

Sushi,

I recently ordered and promptly received "BIG THANKS" 2 Antminer S1's. After config 1 hashes as it should @ 178~180. The other hashes at 132~140. Temps are about the same across the two units. The one that hashes
correctly is 1 degree lower on the second blade.

I have 2 1000w evga g2 power supplies that I was using to power ASICminer cubes with no problem.
No matter how I power the units the same unit (#2) is always hashing 132~140 range. I'm not in the physical
area of the units so I can't do hardware troubleshooting. As soon as I get back I'll let you know so we can sort it
out. If you need my order number ect just PM me so I can get it to you.

Thanks

Timmieman

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 02:47:10 PM

Hiya,

My antminer was hashing along fine for some days and suddenly it started beeping once a second.
I`ve tried to switch it on and off, the beeping has stopped but it isn't hashing now.

Also, I couldn't get into the configuration menu anymore.

Anyone know how to fix this?
I really hope it's not broken or anything Sad

Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 ... 163 »
  Print  

Jump to: