Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 10:54:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 [155] 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Devcoin  (Read 412869 times)
xchrix

Activity: 905
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 09:53:27 AM

cryptsy added DVC trading

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Barnacle_Ed

Activity: 271
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 03:38:52 PM

https://devda.ch is proud to announce that http://lawrencevilleplasmaphysics.com/ is accepting DEVCOIN

https://devda.ch/content/lpp-accepting-devcoins

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49p0cZEisTA

LPP DVC Address: 1JJLXvZ9FX8zA8vvBNFtpAr8KBD2mRGi5G

Lawrenceville Plasma Physics has published peer-reviewed results in Physics of Plasmas confirming that the firm's Focus Fusion-1 machine has achieved the highest energy magnetic confinement of a fusion fuel ever, for any device, representing two of three criteria for net fusion energy.  Translation: Garage-sized fusion generators could be possible in as few as five years.

@Unthinkingbit, since that address is generation share capable, i suggest to put that address on the Generation Share list.

Now THIS is COOL. But I probably wouldn't buy the 1st gen of the product, out of fear that my garage would become a mushroom cloud...Roll Eyes
FinShaggy

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2013, 04:12:53 PM

I wish I had an unhacked computer, so I could check my wallet.

If everyone is thinking outside the box, there is a new box.
shakezula

Activity: 308

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 04:36:39 PM

Ooooh, nice, is round 23 payout beginning?
FinShaggy

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2013, 04:38:23 PM

Ooooh, nice, is round 23 payout beginning?

Yeah.

If everyone is thinking outside the box, there is a new box.
shakezula

Activity: 308

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 04:40:43 PM
Last edit: June 03, 2013, 05:08:21 PM by shakezula

Well damn, my DevCoin wallet doesn't have a "Maturing" section, should I see a normal transaction in a few hundred blocks?

~edit, never mind, I'm in for round 24 payouts instead Smiley Thats block 93000, right?
weisoq

Activity: 720
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 07:50:00 PM

96k, 93300 is the cut off for writing into round 24.

odolvlobo: nobody has directly replied to you but as you've probably read in recent posts there seems to be an issue with uploading images directly to devtome. I guess until that's resolved it makes the open-source nature of art/photography a bit iffy, although I'm not sure how rights on image hosting sites work.
Balthozar

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 01:01:45 AM

How long does the total payout usually take? I only have 90,000 DVC pending so far.

http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=wiki:user:balthozar | Earn Devcoins by Writing | Virtual Currency Exchange
DVC:1kFhM8vtEzbZ43Z5wcadPvNrb4xFXbgze | YAC:YHjjwLgjVfsnANTeb9eKeU3rtyKsFNvVCq | BQC:bUu1W2JEQzVrbFvv3EU4gW6KY2J939JDe1 | WDC:WTqa866TFP6d9HWGpYm2AztDNNMFmQ365s | FRC:1N2x7s8F78WiSFCFQPszLqhWsP6Kk1RXVp | NVC:4KcR3Dcmxz1ZDLK3VA9oHxpG4C3oYMCPeV | FTC:6ugwSRQNXQKNb5EVwQVn4CLoZNpiitiQzt | PPC:PSnEL3tmJejkdAAwiBLxSqbCide1voSKXY
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2013, 01:10:52 AM

How long does the total payout usually take? I only have 90,000 DVC pending so far.

Every block of the round pays someone. It goes through the receivers repeatedly, so whether you are paid anything in the last block of the round depends on what line of the receivers file it was on at that block.

In short, it takes the whole round to completely pay everyone for the whole round. But some people might get their last payout of the round before the last block of the round, depending how many lines there are and how many times that number divides into the number of blocks in a round.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2013, 03:45:52 AM
Last edit: June 04, 2013, 06:55:28 AM by Vlad2Vlad

Every block of the round pays someone. It goes through the receivers repeatedly, so whether you are paid anything in the last block of the round depends on what line of the receivers file it was on at that block.

In short, it takes the whole round to completely pay everyone for the whole round. But some people might get their last payout of the round before the last block of the round, depending how many lines there are and how many times that number divides into the number of blocks in a round.

-MarkM-

Mark, is there any particular way how the receiver files are chosen-paid out (ie. based on seniority, amount due, alphabetical order, etc)?

Also, weisoq said round 24 ends at block 93,300.  Does anybody know if that's the final cutoff - I read somewhere on devtome that there's usually an additional 1,000 block add-on after the cutoff where everyone gets sort of a final heads up kind of thing.  

What's this mature/maturing thing people are talking about?  I have the new devcoin client, that's it.  Nothing shows anything about mature so I'm not sure what people are referring to.

So when is the final cutoff for round 24 to submit anything?  I haven't submitted anything in almost 2 weeks - I hit it fast and furious and I kinda burned out but I would like to try and get something else written.

That said, I saw a lot of new writers this round so I think this round is going to be very diluted - I'm guessing close to 900 shares versus the 501 for round 23 and about 120 for round 22.  Quite a huge jump which is great news for devcoin awareness but not so good for earnings - at least not until the value of devcoin bounces back.

Does anybody have any idea how many shares will be generated for round 24 - 900 is just a gut feeling I have?  TIA!

Edit:  I understand the maturing thing.  I'm showing 45,000 coins and it says maturing.  Clear!

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
psybits
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 05:16:39 AM

I think we need a market like this for DVC as a matter of urgency: http://dgcmarket.com

Any thoughts?

I will contact them and see if they are willing to part with their source for a good cause  Wink
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2013, 05:24:52 AM

Mark, is there any particular way how the receiver files are chosen-paid out (ie. based on seniority, amount due, alphabetical order, etc)?

It can probably be manipulated any time the number of lines or shares or whatever does not evenly divide into the number of blocks in a round.

Earlier in the file means more chance of getting used more times than later lines in the file get used, I think (By used I mean sent money.) Unless some other which line first system is used than just first line is first. I am not actually looking at the code as I write this.

When the number of lines was small each line got used lots of times per round so the slight edge one could get by being one of the odd lines left over that got into the last few blocks was maybe not so significant, but if for example we had 3999 lines so each line was one block but the first line was the last block to make the 4000 blocks of a round anyone on that first line would get twice as much as the people on the other lines.

So maybe at some point it willl be necessary to make the rounds longer (more blocks) or something to balance such asymmetries, or maybe long term it could be blaanced by rotating the sequence of the lines though that would onoy really work for long term beneficiaries.

So far I had just kind of shrugged at that since there were so few lines, used to many times each in the round, that it was like oh come on you are getting free money does that horse really need to be looked at in the mouth?

But if people start actually trying to live off their devcoin earnings, and the number of times a given line gets actually used during a round decreases, I expect people will be wanting to look that particular gift-horse in the mouth...

Maybe we could start by working out each time exactly how many lines will get used one time more than some other linesa, and use that slight difference caused by position in the file deliberately as a slight bonus or penalty, by having some system whereby it is chosen which lines exactly (admins? devtome authors? etc; and even which individual persons) get to be the ones that get used once more or once less than others...

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 05:33:08 AM

It can probably be manipulated any time the number of lines or shares or whatever does not evenly divide into the number of blocks in a round.

Earlier in the file means more chance of getting used more times than later lines in the file get used, I think (By used I mean sent money.) Unless some other which line first system is used than just first line is first. I am not actually looking at the code as I write this.

When the number of lines was small each line got used lots of times per round so the slight edge one could get by being one of the odd lines left over that got into the last few blocks was maybe not so significant, but if for example we had 3999 lines so each line was one block but the first line was the last block to make the 4000 blocks of a round anyone on that first line would get twice as much as the people on the other lines.

So maybe at some point it willl be necessary to make the rounds longer (more blocks) or something to balance such asymmetries, or maybe long term it could be blaanced by rotating the sequence of the lines though that would onoy really work for long term beneficiaries.

So far I had just kind of shrugged at that since there were so few lines, used to many times each in the round, that it was like oh come on you are getting free money does that horse really need to be looked at in the mouth?

But if people start actually trying to live off their devcoin earnings, and the number of times a given line gets actually used during a round decreases, I expect people will be wanting to look that particular gift-horse in the mouth...

Maybe we could start by working out each time exactly how many lines will get used one time more than some other linesa, and use that slight difference caused by position in the file deliberately as a slight bonus or penalty, by having some system whereby it is chosen which lines exactly (admins? devtome authors? etc; and even which individual persons) get to be the ones that get used once more or once less than others...

-MarkM-

I thought a better idea would be to simply have the 45k per block sent to a central account. After the 4,000 blocks are finished, just divide the total (180m) of the coins by how many receivers there are. Then, say there were 180 so each is worth 1m. Bob had 5 shares, so you'd just send him 5m in a lump sum.

This way there's no overflow and everyone is given exactly what they should be.

Based on reading your post, it appears some people will get more coins than they should, which means others are getting less than they should.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2013, 05:54:57 AM

I didn't look at the code. For all I know it does do some more-complicated divvying-up at some point when it sees the inequality coming. I haven't noticed ever getting paid odd amounts though.

I don't like not giving people their money directly though.

So I would prefer filler lines be added to fill it up to a number that does evenly divide, with some long term projects or something that isn't critical as to whether it gets anything in any given round but will be long term useful.

Like our open source spaceship or something. In a few decades maybe it could accumulate quite a fund.

Problem though is, who holds such funds?

Maybe once the code is updated so that it has multi-sig, if it doesn't yet have multi-sig, some complicated multi-sig stuff could be used.

But so far heck its only a few coins, get over it! Tongue Smiley Cheesy

Also, "should" is a poor choice of words. The shares are what they are. If they are on a line that gets more they "should" get more, if that is what the code dictates! Tongue

(The code dictates what "should" happen... Smiley)

-MarkM-

metazilla

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 06:31:04 AM

To be a little more explicit than mark, the payout is over 4000 blocks. The generated coins take 120 blocks to mature, so the coins from the final block will mature by block 96120. Each block takes ~10min to mine on average, so that means the total time we're looking at is 4120 * 10 = 41200 min = ~687 hrs = ~29days.

So in short, I think a reasonable approximation is that each round lasts a month. Since this round started on the 3rd, we can expect the full payout to happen by July 3rd. Hope that helps.

markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2013, 07:34:16 AM
Last edit: June 04, 2013, 07:46:10 AM by markm

Just wanted to bring your attention to this article http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=the_diary_of_dan_fiction being discussed at http://devcointalk.org/index.php?topic=17.0 as it will dilute your shares and may be questionable.

What is particularly weird about it is the claim that it is fiction.

Although as I read it I already anyway felt it would be more interesting and useful if used as/in fiction than it would be if it were a factual diary and the author refused to permit it to be utilised in works of fiction. (Though hah, by submitting it he made it usable by any.)

Have you ever read stuff like "Report on Probability A" by Brian Aldiss? Or even weirder stuff that also was "mass" published?

One wonders also how much such material the author can come up with? One of the bonus features of imagining it to be true was the idea that they wrote it already years ago, and thus maybe only had so many years of diary written, thus would run out at some point. But maybe they simply sat at their computer and made up that whole thing in 80 or 800 minutes?

(This is where an article about the novel itself would be useful, and/or one about the author. It could tell me things like when the author wrote it, how long it took them to write it, how many similar sized works they write per year or decade or lifetime, any pertinent info about how or why they came to write it, who the protagonist is, what kind of genre the piece falls into or is it totally revolutionary, carving out a new genre and so on and so on...)

Maybe such large pieces, especially if they themselves do not seem to clarify what even larger work they are a piece of, need some kind of background in place at the least? Like maybe we ought to know who this character is, what world they are on, whether it is a science fiction or fantasy or historical novel, or, who knows, maybe even a romance, and stuff like that before embarking into the actual text of the novel?

That is, maybe at least say hey first we want the encyclopaedia article about the novel, before you start posting the novel itself?

Also maybe novels should in any case be in a separate collection, like wikipedia has books in some separate place not mixed right in with encyclopaedia articles?

I have not looked at Fuzzy's (was it?) 80,000 words from the previous round so don't know if we already have an entire novel started out of the blue without so much as an article about the novel, its author, its genre, what critics say about it and so on prior to encountering the actual text of the novel?

What I have been doing with my Galactic Milieu stuff is trying to put more and more relatively normal sized articles about more and more aspects of the backdrop before even really seriously thinking about dropping even some short stories set on one of the worlds let alone any of the novels I have started over the years that are set in one or more of the worlds.

As it is, starting out into that diary I had no idea who the protagonist is, that should be clickable to the page about that character, explaining who the character is, what works the character appears in, who the author was (linked to the article about the author, when they were born, whether they have died, what works they have written and so on...)

But hey, I have not myself yet posted a page about Dra the Lion and a page about Ezekiel Homo Draconis D'Or, yet I posted two short pieces of story about them recently. Short though, not novel-length (some novels are only 50,000 words or less, right?)

-MarkM-

Unthinkingbit (OP)

Activity: 935
Merit: 1015

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 07:36:54 AM

@Unthinkingbit, since that address is generation share capable, i suggest to put that address on the Generation Share list.

It's not open source, so it won't go on the share list.

Unthinkingbit (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 07:42:13 AM

Devcoin is now traded on cryptsy
https://www.cryptsy.com/markets/view/40

Devcoin has traded on cryptsy so he'll get the last exchange bounty:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=34586.msg1833963#msg1833963

The exchange bounty is finished.

Unthinkingbit (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 07:47:21 AM
Last edit: June 04, 2013, 08:43:39 AM by Unthinkingbit

Just wanted to bring your attention to this article http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=the_diary_of_dan_fiction being discussed at http://devcointalk.org/index.php?topic=17.0 as it will dilute your shares and may be questionable.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I didn't see it because I can't read all the articles. Although there is nothing wrong with a well written diary, this diary is drivel, which is not allowed:
http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=earn_devcoins_by_writing#requirements

I will message Matt about this and have taken him off the devtome list in the meantime. I looked at his other articles and in my opinion his poems are good, and his review of Deal or No Deal is good.

Also, I saw that TaxReturn spotted this, so I sent him 500,000 devcoins. I looked at his post history and saw that he brought up a security problem and made good points in general, so he'll be nominated to be an administrator next round.

Unthinkingbit (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 08:05:01 AM

The most prolific author over the last month was Lawyer:
http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=wiki:user:lawyer

who wrote 76,832 words:
https://raw.github.com/Unthinkingbit/charity/master/devtome_10001.csv

so he gets the tablet:
https://forum.litecoin.net/index.php/topic,2702.msg19779.html#msg19779

the lotto ranges for the remaining writers are at:
https://raw.github.com/Unthinkingbit/charity/master/lotto.csv

the next megamillions draw:
http://www.megamillions.com/numbers/

will be on Tuesday night, so the lottery winner will be declared on Wednesday.

Pages: « 1 ... 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 [155] 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 »
  Print  

Jump to: