Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 09:45:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BITMAIN Antminer S1 support and OverClocking thread  (Read 144907 times)
BCwinning

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 04:53:24 PM

Do you have your DNS stuff set correctly? Had this problem when moving my S1's from my home to my office. Home was 192.168.2.1 and work is .254, or you can use google 8.8.8.8.

Yes, I have lots of them and it was working until earlier today, so I think something has gone wrong
If a reflash doesn't cure it, it might be a broken controller.
Can you configure another interface and bring it up? ie: wifi/lan?

The New World Order thanks you for your support of Bitcoin and encourages your continuing support so that they may track your expenditures easier.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Tigggger
Legendary

Activity: 1098
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 05:14:27 PM

Yes, I have lots of them and it was working until earlier today, so I think something has gone wrong
If a reflash doesn't cure it, it might be a broken controller.
Can you configure another interface and bring it up? ie: wifi/lan?

It's wierd how I can connect to it ok from the ip, but anyway just moved it next to my router, turned on wireless, deleted the wan interface and working again over wi-fi.

bjalbert

Activity: 166
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 05:22:38 PM

So nobody could figure the freq for 380 or 385? At 393 I get 3% HW error and at 375 I get .08 so I want to try something inbetween. I know in the larger picture it doesn't matter but I am anal about this stuff.
jedimstr

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 06:43:22 PM

So nobody could figure the freq for 380 or 385? At 393 I get 3% HW error and at 375 I get .08 so I want to try something inbetween. I know in the larger picture it doesn't matter but I am anal about this stuff.

Try this:

Code:
        #option 'freq_value'    '5e85'  #387.5M
        #option 'chip_freq'     '387.5'
        #option 'timeout'       '37'

mindtrip
Legendary

Activity: 1167
Merit: 1009

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2014, 07:25:01 PM

Any one figure out the Freq and time out settings for the S2 with 64 Chip Chains?
bjalbert

Activity: 166
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 07:53:59 PM

Try this:

Code:
        #option 'freq_value'    '5e85'  #387.5M
        #option 'chip_freq'     '387.5'
        #option 'timeout'       '37'

You da man now 197.48 GH/s and under 1% HW errors
BCwinning

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 01:23:11 PM

I know someone gave you the parameters but if you did a very very simple google search you
would have easily found the parameter. I know because I searched several times on antminer 387.
SO yea someone figured it out but you obviously haven't figured out how the internet works yet.

The New World Order thanks you for your support of Bitcoin and encourages your continuing support so that they may track your expenditures easier.
Moria843

Activity: 442
Merit: 250

Found Lost beach - quiet now

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 02:29:41 PM

Any old S1s out there?
I've had mine running for about 4 months at 400 Mhz without any serious problems.
I'm just curious about how long they last. Would like to hear how long you've been running overclocked.

Hot time, summer in the city, back of my mine getting hot & gritty!!!
SecureErase

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 07:04:46 AM

Any old S1s out there?
I've had mine running for about 4 months at 400 Mhz without any serious problems.
I'm just curious about how long they last. Would like to hear how long you've been running overclocked.

3 overclocked for about 4 months. 1 fell over. The diagnosis was probably a controller issue not cooked hashing chips!! Remaining 2 happily still working.

CDNinATL

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 03:46:55 AM

So I thought I'd post my experiences after having my first S1 up and running for just over 24 hours. I'm used of dealing with various OS's due to my work (deskside support lead for a major cable TV network). I deal with Macs, Windows and even the odd linux box. Which is good since I have mostly PC's at home and 1 mac and and my new Antminer running linux.  Tongue

Open it up, get it hooked up to the new PSU I ordered. No issues there. Fire it up. Use my laptop to connect to it via IP after putting it into the same subnet. Reconfigure the IP settings of the miner and put into the proper range for my home network. Then turn it to DHCP and statically assign it in my router. This way as I add new devices, I can't screw up and assign the same IP and it will always get the same IP from the router.  Grin

Someone a couple of pages ago mentioned a stock speed of 160 GH/S. I was getting 140 GH/S after about 10 minutes after configuring my mining pool (eligius). Start messing with OCing and cooling. Add a second fan. One good thing about being a computer tech...always have extra parts around!!  Cool Late last night, finally get it going to 200 GH/S and holding. Go to bed. Wake up today. Still going. Get to work and check. No good. Hash rate has dropped big time. Remote into my home server and SSH into the device and order a reboot. It comes back to a nicely tuned 200 GH/S. Start to have hashing rate issues again in the afternoon but don't have enough time to really mess with it until I get home.

I have the device in my basement, in my storage room beside my server. Ambient temps in the room were around 79F. Get the AC going a bit more and put a fan to blow cooler air from the hallway towards the miner. Room temp now down to 74F. Temps on the miner are 45/43C with them being overclocked 387 freq. I'm getting right around 190 GH/s. It should be a bit higher but it's also drawing about 375 watts according my watt meter. Not sure if this had anything to do with it either way but I plugged it into a 500 watt UPS just in case I was having noise on my outlet. The only other thing plugged into the UPS is my cable modem (got to keep my network up and running!) and I'm still running around 390 watts so I don't think I should be seeing a drain on the battery.

Anyways, I'll have to keep an eye on it's hash rate. I'm still not convinced I have the issues all quite solved but I should know by tomorrow afternoon. High tomorrow is 86F here in Atlanta.

CDNinATL

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 04:28:35 AM

So I thought I'd post my experiences after having my first S1 up and running for just over 24 hours. I'm used of dealing with various OS's due to my work (deskside support lead for a major cable TV network). I deal with Macs, Windows and even the odd linux box. Which is good since I have mostly PC's at home and 1 mac and and my new Antminer running linux.  Tongue

Open it up, get it hooked up to the new PSU I ordered. No issues there. Fire it up. Use my laptop to connect to it via IP after putting it into the same subnet. Reconfigure the IP settings of the miner and put into the proper range for my home network. Then turn it to DHCP and statically assign it in my router. This way as I add new devices, I can't screw up and assign the same IP and it will always get the same IP from the router.  Grin

Someone a couple of pages ago mentioned a stock speed of 160 GH/S. I was getting 140 GH/S after about 10 minutes after configuring my mining pool (eligius). Start messing with OCing and cooling. Add a second fan. One good thing about being a computer tech...always have extra parts around!!  Cool Late last night, finally get it going to 200 GH/S and holding. Go to bed. Wake up today. Still going. Get to work and check. No good. Hash rate has dropped big time. Remote into my home server and SSH into the device and order a reboot. It comes back to a nicely tuned 200 GH/S. Start to have hashing rate issues again in the afternoon but don't have enough time to really mess with it until I get home.

I have the device in my basement, in my storage room beside my server. Ambient temps in the room were around 79F. Get the AC going a bit more and put a fan to blow cooler air from the hallway towards the miner. Room temp now down to 74F. Temps on the miner are 45/43C with them being overclocked 387 freq. I'm getting right around 190 GH/s. It should be a bit higher but it's also drawing about 375 watts according my watt meter. Not sure if this had anything to do with it either way but I plugged it into a 500 watt UPS just in case I was having noise on my outlet. The only other thing plugged into the UPS is my cable modem (got to keep my network up and running!) and I'm still running around 390 watts so I don't think I should be seeing a drain on the battery.

Anyways, I'll have to keep an eye on it's hash rate. I'm still not convinced I have the issues all quite solved but I should know by tomorrow afternoon. High tomorrow is 86F here in Atlanta.

A quick update. UPS ran out of juice. Had to move the miner to an outlet on the UPS that isn't part of it's battery backup. But I still get the power line conditioning. Everything is back up and running. I'm mining back to 196 GH/s. Nice...
BCwinning

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 09:29:15 PM

So I thought I'd post my experiences after having my first S1 up and running for just over 24 hours. I'm used of dealing with various OS's due to my work (deskside support lead for a major cable TV network). I deal with Macs, Windows and even the odd linux box. Which is good since I have mostly PC's at home and 1 mac and and my new Antminer running linux.  Tongue

Open it up, get it hooked up to the new PSU I ordered. No issues there. Fire it up. Use my laptop to connect to it via IP after putting it into the same subnet. Reconfigure the IP settings of the miner and put into the proper range for my home network. Then turn it to DHCP and statically assign it in my router. This way as I add new devices, I can't screw up and assign the same IP and it will always get the same IP from the router.  Grin

Someone a couple of pages ago mentioned a stock speed of 160 GH/S. I was getting 140 GH/S after about 10 minutes after configuring my mining pool (eligius). Start messing with OCing and cooling. Add a second fan. One good thing about being a computer tech...always have extra parts around!!  Cool Late last night, finally get it going to 200 GH/S and holding. Go to bed. Wake up today. Still going. Get to work and check. No good. Hash rate has dropped big time. Remote into my home server and SSH into the device and order a reboot. It comes back to a nicely tuned 200 GH/S. Start to have hashing rate issues again in the afternoon but don't have enough time to really mess with it until I get home.

A quick update. UPS ran out of juice. Had to move the miner to an outlet on the UPS that isn't part of it's battery backup. But I still get the power line conditioning. Everything is back up and running. I'm mining back to 196 GH/s. Nice...
500 watts is cutting it really tight with an overclock on a 500 watt UPS
Without knowing the psu specs I might say it's pushing the psu to the limit and it's overheating on you.

I don't think the miners are the real issue since mine runs hotter and I haven't had any issues like you described yet.*
edited to add I blew up a cheapy 500 watt psu attempting to run both blades at stock. It ran the one fine.
As soon as both blades started to mine, the psu melted down..
*different ants run differently though too..

CDNinATL

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 04:18:33 AM

So I thought I'd post my experiences after having my first S1 up and running for just over 24 hours. I'm used of dealing with various OS's due to my work (deskside support lead for a major cable TV network). I deal with Macs, Windows and even the odd linux box. Which is good since I have mostly PC's at home and 1 mac and and my new Antminer running linux.  Tongue

Open it up, get it hooked up to the new PSU I ordered. No issues there. Fire it up. Use my laptop to connect to it via IP after putting it into the same subnet. Reconfigure the IP settings of the miner and put into the proper range for my home network. Then turn it to DHCP and statically assign it in my router. This way as I add new devices, I can't screw up and assign the same IP and it will always get the same IP from the router.  Grin

Someone a couple of pages ago mentioned a stock speed of 160 GH/S. I was getting 140 GH/S after about 10 minutes after configuring my mining pool (eligius). Start messing with OCing and cooling. Add a second fan. One good thing about being a computer tech...always have extra parts around!!  Cool Late last night, finally get it going to 200 GH/S and holding. Go to bed. Wake up today. Still going. Get to work and check. No good. Hash rate has dropped big time. Remote into my home server and SSH into the device and order a reboot. It comes back to a nicely tuned 200 GH/S. Start to have hashing rate issues again in the afternoon but don't have enough time to really mess with it until I get home.

500 watts is cutting it really tight with an overclock on a 500 watt UPS
Without knowing the psu specs I might say it's pushing the psu to the limit and it's overheating on you.

I don't think the miners are the real issue since mine runs hotter and I haven't had any issues like you described yet.*
edited to add I blew up a cheapy 500 watt psu attempting to run both blades at stock. It ran the one fine.
As soon as both blades started to mine, the psu melted down..
*different ants run differently though too..
Yeah..While it's hooked up through the UPS, it's not on the battery part of it. But the good news is that I've been mining now for 24 hours without any other issues. Speeds has been constant at right around 195 GH/s. So I'm quite happy now.
stevehoppy

Activity: 7

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 10:26:49 AM

Hi guys some quick advice please!

My S1 is running at 199.18 Ghs at 393Mhz, drawing 426 watts at the wall and temperatures of 46/46.

Firstly, how much power would be saved if I dropped down to 387Mhz? I know i'd probably lose a couple of Ghs but might be worth it if saved enough power as electricity is expensive here?

Secondly, noise! Is there a way to lock the fan setting at 1920 or below? These babies get really noisy and I live in a new house, which in the UK means thin walls so nose is an issue!!
I have brought some 120mm fans to add to the miner in the hope that the push/pull technique might make a difference.

Thank you!!!
Stephen
chrisbfrpky

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 11:19:10 AM

Stephen,  If you can, add a few solar panels and some small plug in type grid tie inverters. I know some places have issues with solar on the roof, but you can still set a panel or two inside a window if you have a South facing window or two.

Solar is cheap and it's literally plug and play now. You just plug in your Positive and Negative DC wires from the panel into the grid tie inverter, and plug the grid tie inverter into any wall socket. Presto, you're done.

The push/pull fan method works great. I did the same thing. I replaced the original cooling fan and used 2 ball bearing 12 volt fans. I mounted one in front and one behind the Ant's cooling fins. My fans are plugged directly into a 4 pin connector from my PSU, so they run a constant speed. The ball bearing fans are extremely quiet. The front fan pushes air in and the back fan pulls hot air out and both work very quietly at 1 speed.

There is a trick I learned by accident that helped me to increase the efficiency of my Antminer.  When my first Ant arrived, I had a elcheapo 875 watt PSU single 12v rail.  It lasted about 3 minutes before it smoked. I grabbed a good name brand supply I had on hand, an Antec 550 watt 80 bronze rating etc, single 12v rail. It worked but the 12volt line voltage dropped to almost an even 11 volts while it was running. It also ran pretty warm. It was borderline hot, but at least it didn't burn up.

So, off I go to the local Best Buy store. They had a sale on Thermaltake 600 watt dual 12v rail supplies. I picked up 2. When I got home, I hooked up each side of the Ant to its own PSU.  The 12 volt line voltage now stays in the high 11's under load, the Ant mines at a higher rate than it did with the single PSU and the 2 PSU's are cool to the touch.

Made me wonder how many GH are being wasted by guys using a small PSU that is barely big enough to power their Ant miners? How much electricity is being wasted because of excess heat from overloading a small PSU, more current draw and most alarming, How many guys are running their Ant at near 11 volts when it's designed to operate at 12? My Ant is not overclocked and it runs consistently in the high 180's and low 190's with an occaisional round or two over 200GH. On the single PSU it ran around 176 GH. Some food for thought anyway. Chris B.

wedgy2k

Activity: 329
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 12:00:07 PM

Hi guys some quick advice please!

My S1 is running at 199.18 Ghs at 393Mhz, drawing 426 watts at the wall and temperatures of 46/46.

Firstly, how much power would be saved if I dropped down to 387Mhz? I know i'd probably lose a couple of Ghs but might be worth it if saved enough power as electricity is expensive here?

Secondly, noise! Is there a way to lock the fan setting at 1920 or below? These babies get really noisy and I live in a new house, which in the UK means thin walls so nose is an issue!!
I have brought some 120mm fans to add to the miner in the hope that the push/pull technique might make a difference.

Thank you!!!
Stephen

Hi
I too am in the UK and was not expecting this hot weather...... Grin
I have fitted additional pull fans to mine
http://www.novatech.co.uk/products/components/cooling/fans/100mmplus/co-9050014-ww.html

you need 4pin PWM fans and you'll need to shave the middle plastic ridge off of the 4 pin connector with a stanley knife
I attached the fans to the ants with cable ties (Hey it works)

Mine are clocked @ 375mhz and average 193Ghs
All 3 draw 1190 from the wall 1190 / 3 = 396.6 watts each
The fans even in this weather run @ 1920 with temps avg 43c

I've tried the higher clocks but the noise is "not comfortable" for indoor (terraced house) use.
I've traded GHS for noise reduction - if i lived in field or had a garage then they would be juiced to the max!
I estimate at the current BTC price I'll need to Under-clock them around september time. UK 11p per kw, unless the price keeps increasing and or the difficulty deviates from an estimated 12% per 10 days - easy enough to work out in excel.
I use the recommended corsair 750 psu's - one for each

Wedgy2k

stevehoppy

Activity: 7

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 12:53:23 PM

Thank you both for your replies!

Solar is something I have looked into, when I move house I want to have some solar panels fitted and then I can take advantage of those.
Also, for the cost of a new PSU i doubt I would save much to be honest, the current PSU that I use is an EVGA 80+ rated 600w and it doesn't get hot to touch.

11p per kw?! I pay 16.64p (thats $0.283 per kw for our American friends). Lucky bugger!!!

I'm going to try and fit my second fan this afternoon, just have to figure out how it will fit on without catching on the screws that hold the blade in. If you have any photos they would be appreciated.

Stephen

allcoinminer

Activity: 784
Merit: 504

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 01:08:23 PM

How you are cleaning the heatsink fins of the antminer?
I removed the fan and tried to remove dust but dust is settled deep inside.
If you did any tricky way to clean the fins in depth share it.
wedgy2k

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 01:55:26 PM

How you are cleaning the heatsink fins of the antminer?
I removed the fan and tried to remove dust but dust is settled deep inside.
If you did any tricky way to clean the fins in depth share it.

Just a vacuum and compressed air blower

Take fans off of ends 1st, 2nd vacuum and 3rd compressed air (Dry not wet)

wedgy2k

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 02:01:05 PM

11p per kw?! I pay 16.64p (thats $0.283 per kw for our American friends). Lucky bugger!!!

Stephen

Yeah that's TCR (Tarif comparison rate) of 14.75p per kw including standing charges

I use the billable rate for my Crypto calculations as i figure i need electric anyway and was paying standing charges before BTC
Billable rate 11.57p

Lots of deals out there, use a comparison site but you will need to sign up for a minimum term
(Mine runs out august this year and I guess will not renew that low)

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: