Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:27:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6386 6387 6388 6389 6390 6391 6392 6393 6394 6395 6396 6397 6398 6399 6400 6401 6402 6403 6404 6405 6406 6407 6408 6409 6410 6411 6412 6413 6414 6415 6416 6417 6418 6419 6420 6421 6422 6423 6424 6425 6426 6427 6428 6429 6430 6431 6432 6433 6434 6435 [6436] 6437 6438 6439 6440 6441 6442 6443 6444 6445 6446 6447 6448 6449 6450 6451 6452 6453 6454 6455 6456 6457 6458 6459 6460 6461 6462 6463 6464 6465 6466 6467 6468 6469 6470 6471 6472 6473 6474 6475 6476 6477 6478 6479 6480 6481 6482 6483 6484 6485 6486 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722497 times)
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 03:28:18 PM

Looks like we are speeddiving into the 0.08 range now.. lets hope Dash builds some support in the mid 0.08 range.

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 03:42:23 PM

I purchased some Dash coins today and still have them on an exchange. I do not feel good to store them there long term and I do not want to store them on a paper wallet. I want to transfer them to a local desktop wallet. What is the best lightweight Dash wallet what does not need to download entire blockchain?

For those who actually need to download the entire blockchain or for those that are looking for a more convient and faster way to download the blockchain,
Dash has a bootstrap (2.3 GB) that you can download and place in the Dash installation directory. You only need to sync the whole thing afterwards.

Link : https://github.com/UdjinM6/dash-bootstrap

FYI

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
bigrcanada1

Activity: 673
Merit: 531

Proud Lifetime DASH Foundation Member

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2017, 05:06:04 PM

Thanks for articulating it out for me, I didnt had the words to properly explain myself, but you hit the nail on it's head.

Yep, Blockchain analysis, metadata, they don't need to crack the TLS enctyption that the nodes might use to relay mixing transactions. They can just look at DNS leaks, crash reports, you name it.

Like this:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/30/nsa-windows_n_4520514.html

There are thousands of other ways to obtain metadata by going around the encryption stuff. So the fact that Dash claims to be private when there are thousands of ways to break or circumvent that anonymization process is just ridiculous.

It's not only that buy saying that something is private, which is clearly not is hishonest, and it might put activists in danger.

God I'm sick of yours guys shit.  If there thousands of ways to break or circumvent the anonymization....then fuck'n do it...or shut the fuck up!  I've been hearing your guys bullshit for eons...and still crickets!  

DASH is not for you..great.  Then move along....but for those that care about how pro-active we are being towards securing our code...read the following:
http://www.banklesstimes.com/2017/08/03/dash-invites-crowd-to-hack-its-blockchain/

we are putting our DASH where our mouth is! Are you?  Didn't think so....
cryptodollar

Activity: 63
Merit: 42

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2017, 05:55:12 PM
Last edit: September 16, 2017, 07:36:18 PM by cryptodollar

Hey DASH Community.
Created this DASH related .999 Silver round and am ACCEPTING DASH in trade.

There's a FULL ANN THREAD in Bitcoin Forum > Economy > Marketplace > Goods > Collectibles
@The Liberty CryptoDollar ALTCOIN SPECIE (1oz .999 Silver/AltCoins Accepted)

CONVERT DASH to 1oz. .999 SILVER SPOT PRICE
  Instantly show you what 1oz Silver is worth in DASH

The 2018 'Liberty CryptoDollar' is the first in a series of next generation 'AltCoin Specie' intended to expand awareness of alternative currency economics by providing a bridge for non-bitcoin users with an innovative and attractive numismatic offering.

Simply scan the QR code to swiftly present the user with the current and accurate SPOT value for 'One Ounce Fine Silver' against a handful of virtual and fiat currencies.  Currently: BTC, ETH, DASH, XMR, LTC & DOGE

This coin is uniquely suited for gift-givers, alternative currency collectors and investment enthusiasts alike.

Right now I'm in the Collectors piece phase of production.
Will have much cheaper SATIN FINISH rounds available January 1st 2018.

DESIGN STATS:
  • COMPOSITION:  .999 Fine Silver
  • WEIGHT: 1 TROY OUNCE
  • Obverse: Liberty Dollar 20th Anniversary
  • Reverse: DASH QR Code 'Price Tag'
 MINTAGE STATS:
  • 300 Double Struck PROOF Strikes, Individually Numbered
         100 1st Gen. BITCOIN SPECIE (001/300-100/300)
          200 2nd Gen. ALTCOIN SPECIE (101/300-300/300)
  • 500 Single Struck 'Proof-Like' Mirror Finish (not numbered)
  • General Issue/Satin Finish Rounds to be Available January 1st through December 31st 2018. Created AFTER forever changing/sandblasting the DIES, so that only a limited number of each run can be made.

CONVERT DASH to 1oz. .999 SILVER SPOT PRICE
  Instantly show you what 1oz Silver is worth in DASH

Note: While some may call them 'Physical Bitcoins', Liberty Crypto-Dollars (ALTCOIN SPECIE) are fundamentally different from Casascius coins. Liberty Crypto-Dollars merely provide a means to return an accurate/current SPOT value of the bullion. They are not useful as wallets, or as containers for bitcoin in any way.

Project thread: The Liberty CryptoDollar ALTCOIN SPECIE (1oz .999 Silver/AltCoins Accepted)

Diego24

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 06:57:34 PM

Cheesy Profitgenerator doing research lol
This guy's been hard shilling Synereo and wildspark for almost a year, a project that's been in development since 2015, that's recently been completed and released to the public and wasn't even worthy enough to get a pump in the largest bull market to date. This guy has zero reputation right now for his FA abilities
Profitgenereator is the scammer in the AMP thread. He has been scamming the AMP thread and Steemit with his supposed 150.000 % ROI. Last week he revealed his real profit: 100 %. He has been actively pushing people to buy AMP at 20 k, at 15 k. He said to buy the dips because this would be the last time AMP would be so cheap. As I speak AMP is at 3k. Many people in the thread were so pumped by his blind words and held AMP. They are in big loss now. But now worries because he is sure the AMP browser extention will soon make AMP go x1000. In the meanwhile Dash has gone insanely up. But here he is spreading FUD about a topcoin. People, don''t take this guy seriously. He has proven in the AMP thread he is a clueless investor. Just ignore it. He doesn't know what he is talking about. And he has his portfolio to back it up. I saw him in the AMP thread before the big crypto boom ... before a 20bn marketcap. Marketcap has done x6 but his profits are 100 %. What more proof does one need to consider him completely clueless ?  Wink

I was giving my objective comments in the AMP thread. I told people when to sell and when to buy. But profitgenerator didn't like that. So he tried to have me banned there. He demanded positive comments only and FUDders should be banned. Now look at him spreading true nonsense and FUD in the Dash thread. This guy is shameless.
rebal15

Activity: 527
Merit: 6

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 07:29:43 PM

I purchased some Dash coins today and still have them on an exchange. I do not feel good to store them there long term and I do not want to store them on a paper wallet. I want to transfer them to a local desktop wallet. What is the best lightweight Dash wallet what does not need to download entire blockchain?

I will wait till novemebre to buy.
rebal15

Activity: 527
Merit: 6

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 07:40:24 PM

Monero vs. Dash

I have completed my analysis on Dash and Monero on the privacy aspect, basically the 2 only currencies that are even worth analysing, the others are really not even worth my time.

I have wrote this lengthy, but throrough article about the subject, the Dash community might find it interesting:

https://steemit.com/cryptocurrency/@profitgenerator/dash-vs-monero

I agreed with the article as far as zcash and bitcoin were concerned but struggled to go far into the Dash assessment and didn't reach the Monero part. Your 'research' entailed a chat with someone on this thread. That is no research at all. Frankly I have better things to do with my time. Maybe if I had persisted and managed to read more I might have found some real research, I'll never know. But I do know that noone has yet broken Dash coin mixing, as far as I know there is a significant bounty for someone who does.

Like you I also tried Dash and Monero when I first got interested in anonymity. My experiences with Monero were extremely disappointing and I feel I gave it much more than a fair shot. The full  node was flaky and I couldn't run it. There was not even a graphical wallet, only a website. Dash versus Monero is no contest. I have concluded that Monero offers nothing for me. This is in total contrast to my experience of Dash.

Without reading any article and even I am not a pro. Dash is more anonymous and private than Monero because with dash you see the coins mixed.
with Monero you see nothing and maybe the coins are sent to ........ before the destination address you are sending to. who knows what they are hidding.
Diego24

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 08:01:49 PM

I will wait till novemebre to buy.
Why till november ? Isn't the price going to go up after 24 september Dash conference ? Who knows what good news wil come out ...
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 09:31:02 PM

Dash is more anonymous and private than Monero because with dash you see the coins mixed.
with Monero you see nothing

Amen to that.

One of the most succinctly stated distinctions between a store of value and a worthless payment rail I've seen.

In blockchains:

• transparency...is what makes them valuable

• fungibility...is what makes them private

That's why these two need to be decoupled so that they can be optimised independently of each other. It's also why Dash's privacy model constitutes a far more valuable token than one where you simply bury the entire blockchain under a layer of thick, syrupy encryption that gives cover to corruption and lets "wounds" go septic long before they're even known about.

The "SSL" of crypto: Ok for momentary transfers but potentially toxic for storing value.
afbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1061

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2017, 10:06:57 PM
Last edit: September 16, 2017, 10:39:31 PM by afbitcoins

Dash is more anonymous and private than Monero because with dash you see the coins mixed.
with Monero you see nothing

Amen to that.

One of the most succinctly stated distinctions between a store of value and a worthless payment rail I've seen.

In blockchains:

• transparency...is what makes them valuable

• fungibility...is what makes them private

That's why these two need to be decoupled so that they can be optimised independently of each other. It's also why Dash's privacy model constitutes a far more valuable token than one where you simply bury the entire blockchain under a layer of thick, syrupy encryption that gives cover to corruption and lets "wounds" go septic long before they're even known about.

The "SSL" of crypto: Ok for momentary transfers but potentially toxic for storing value.

Yes things like this can be happening an noone knows, or maybe some dev like fluffy pony might know  Wink know what I mean  Wink  Wink  Wink

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/cryptonote-currency-bug-allowed-creation-unlimited-number-coins/

Transparency is vital for trust, Monero has none. Look at the trust needed for genesis of zcash. Its the same. Big problem for privacy coins.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2017, 10:37:34 PM

God I'm sick of yours guys shit.   Cry
If there thousands of ways to break or circumvent the anonymization....then fuck'n do it...or shut the fuck up!  Cry
 I've been hearing your guys bullshit for eons...and still crickets!   Angry

we are putting our DASH where our mouth is! Are you?  Didn't think so....
 Cry Cry Cry

I suggested a bounty for DASH bugs a year or two ago.  How nice you guys finally found some extra resources from the all-important Marketing & Investment Solicitation Fund to use for implementing my idea.

Maybe if you had acted sooner InstantSend would still be working.

BTW what happened to the "imminent" release of the fix for subversive groups of malicious Masternodes double spending?

The funny thing is there are exchanges still accepting double spent Dash.  Oops!  Cheesy

Don't you agree that without Instant transactions Dash is *not* Digital Cash?

InstandSend is broken and Evan can't fix it.  So is IPv6.  But at least you rented a fugly plane, made a cringe video, and gave the MaxCoin scammer $500k to shill.

And "masternode blinding" never happened.  As of right now, the only blind things in Dash are the supporters and the only Instant feature is the InstaMine.

'member this? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1361131.0

Just wait until the MRL guys start trolling Dash on the protocol level like they did to Shadowcash.  Your Masternodes may not provide such a high yield after all....  Cool

If you were capable of understanding what this

https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/comments/6z827o/chris_jeffrey_jj_discloses_bitcoin_attack_vector

means for coins like Dash that are based on old, out-of-date Bitcoin forks, you'd be terrified and putting on a pair of brown pants.  Cheesy

Are there any plans to re-enable instant send?  Grin Grin Grin

That's a great question.  "...and still crickets" indeed!

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
afbitcoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2017, 10:59:11 PM

Are there any plans to re-enable instant send?  Grin Grin Grin

That's a great question.  "...and still crickets" indeed!

Instant send is already fixed and will be included in next release. If you bothered to look you'd find the plans quite easily https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/temporary-disabling-of-instandsend-due-to-potential-quorum-exploit-method.16492/

Anyway its good to see you Icey, I expect Dash to rally to big new highs now you're back.
afbitcoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2017, 11:00:49 PM
Last edit: September 17, 2017, 04:32:41 PM by afbitcoins

Are there any plans to re-enable instant send?  Grin Grin Grin

That's a great question.  "...and still crickets" indeed!

Instant send is already fixed and will be included in next release. If you bothered to look you'd find the plans quite easily https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/temporary-disabling-of-instandsend-due-to-potential-quorum-exploit-method.16492/

Anyway its good to see you Icey, I expect Dash to rally to big new highs now you're back.

p.s Don't worry your secret is still safe (that you hold Dash)  Wink  Wink
Red_Sanford

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 12:46:15 AM

Jerry Banfield Proposals Review

This is a story about someone that I think has a less than stellar reputation in the Dash community (no not CS ).  As someone that was pretty new during the ending of the relationship I can only look at the “aftermath.”  I think the issues mostly boil down to personality and temperament.  I may be treading in deep water here but not everyone fits into a specific community.  Dash doesn’t seem to be filled with “high strung, drama loving” folks and Jerry Banfield comes off as very high energy and admits to trying to add “drama” to his videos.

Jerry submitted seven different proposals for creating and advertising videos.  He was funded for 2 and while I don’t have the detailed results it looks like he got viewership levels that where at least as good as other similar proposals.  According to his reporting he spent most of what he received (or more) on Facebook and YouTube advertising.

Jerry Banfield is the definition of a tool. He is a self centered egomaniac that doesn't know much about crypto. Some must find him entertaining because he does have a following on Youtube and Steem but honestly I think watching him is like watching a car crash. Like where you just shrink back and cringe. Dash is better off now that he has gone down a different highway. Amanda has class and is amusing. I have enjoyed watching her mature in her role as a spokeswoman for Dash

TRAVELCHAIN
  Make a trip of your dreams!   
▄██▄███████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███████▄██▄
▀██▀█████████▄░░░░░░░░░▄█████████▀██▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███▄░░░░░▄███▀░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███▀░▄███▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀░▄███▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄██▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
=
  SmartTravelling ecosystem 
[ Twitter ]   [ Facebook ]   [ Medium ]
▬▬▬  [ Website ]   [ Whitepaper ]  ▬▬▬
[ Instagram ]   [ Telegram ]   [ Youtube ]

LiteMine

Activity: 380

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 12:55:43 AM

Why till november ? Isn't the price going to go up after 24 september Dash conference ? Who knows what good news wil come out ...

Did the conference get rescheduled? I though I read it was canceled in the wake of the China stuff.

I'm a long-time Dash supporter, please don't hurt me Smiley
vitarian

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 05:47:45 AM

So I am still trying to figure out how dash works. I understand the 45% and 10%, I get masternodes, but one thing I still dont't get are superblocks. How do these work, anybody reply and tell me or link me?
K~Ehleyr

Activity: 434

Ooh, shiny things!!

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 08:15:39 AM

Did the conference get rescheduled? I though I read it was canceled in the wake of the China stuff.

It was the Beijing conference that was cancelled due to the China stuff but that has now been rescheduled and will take place in Hong Kong.

September 24th is the first ever dedicated Dash conference in London, and this one has never been in jeopardy.  It's going to be good!  You can see the agenda here https://dash.keynote.ae/agenda/
K~Ehleyr

Activity: 434

Ooh, shiny things!!

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 08:32:48 AM

So I am still trying to figure out how dash works. I understand the 45% and 10%, I get masternodes, but one thing I still dont't get are superblocks. How do these work, anybody reply and tell me or link me?

I don't know whether I can explain it on the level that you're looking for, but I'll share what I know.  The miners and masternodes each get their 45% of the block reward with the creation of each block, as you'd expect, but the 10% for the treasury is not created at that time.  Meanwhile, proposals for funding are submitted, as can be seen at http://dashcentral.org/ and are voted on by the masternodes.  Everything that requires funding, including proposals by the core team and developers salaries, must be submitted before the end of the cycle so that the masternodes can vote.  Then, approximately once every 28 days (there is a formula for the periodicity but it's quite complex), a superblock is mined with the sole purpose of paying out the funds to those proposals which passed the MN vote, from the 10% share of block rewards that was withheld for the treasury.  The winning proposals are funded directly and automatically from the superblock, so they receive freshly minted coins and there is no middle-man trusted to hand out the funds.  Any unallocated part of the treasury funds is just not created.
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 10:05:40 AM
Last edit: September 17, 2017, 12:25:51 PM by qwizzie

It was the Beijing conference that was cancelled due to the China stuff but that has now been rescheduled and will take place in Hong Kong.

September 24th is the first ever dedicated Dash conference in London, and this one has never been in jeopardy.  It's going to be good!  You can see the agenda here https://dash.keynote.ae/agenda/

To Icey, to ariel, to those trolls too new to have earned to be named in here :

One way to break up any kind of tension is good deep breathing.
- Byron Nelson

qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 10:23:47 AM

In a sea of red, there is one cryptocurrency sticking out :

Pages: « 1 ... 6386 6387 6388 6389 6390 6391 6392 6393 6394 6395 6396 6397 6398 6399 6400 6401 6402 6403 6404 6405 6406 6407 6408 6409 6410 6411 6412 6413 6414 6415 6416 6417 6418 6419 6420 6421 6422 6423 6424 6425 6426 6427 6428 6429 6430 6431 6432 6433 6434 6435 [6436] 6437 6438 6439 6440 6441 6442 6443 6444 6445 6446 6447 6448 6449 6450 6451 6452 6453 6454 6455 6456 6457 6458 6459 6460 6461 6462 6463 6464 6465 6466 6467 6468 6469 6470 6471 6472 6473 6474 6475 6476 6477 6478 6479 6480 6481 6482 6483 6484 6485 6486 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: