Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:13:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Ethnic cleansing of Russian speaking by Kiev forces is the main cause of clashes in Donbass area.
True. - 54 (51.4%)
This is Khasarian Kaganat and Russians must be killed or must be sclaves. - 29 (27.6%)
What is Donbass? - 5 (4.8%)
Where is Kiev? - 4 (3.8%)
My TV show only Israeli clashes. - 13 (12.4%)
Total Voters: 105

Pages: « 1 ... 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 [200] 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 ... 391 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Donetsk, Kharkov, Lugansk - way to Russia.  (Read 734742 times)
Paya

Activity: 334
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 07:34:48 AM

You guys yourselves admitted that Russia is giving weapons assistance to the separatists.

It's not realistic to think that Russia is not helping this uprising to some degree. Russia is also tolerating volunteers crossing border to join rebels. But it's nowhere near the levels which government in Kiev is usually portraying. Let alone the alleged "invasion", which in their dictionary means direct military attack. Invasion is not happening, and most likely won't. Although I have a bad feeling that at least few powerful figures in Kiev would love to see that, probably expecting some miracle to follow. What miracle? Perhaps an endless stream of multi-billion dollar gifts starting to flow from the west? Instantaneous acceptance of Ukraine into the EU and NATO? NATO bombing campaign of Russia? I don't know. I have no idea what's going on in twisted minds of those creatures.

So, yes, Russia is helping rebels. Not nearly as much as it could, though, but it does. And? Is this really something new? Should we be shocked, honestly? We all know, or should've known by now, how USA and their allies operate on this field, and how aggressive they are. American methods are closing to perfection after decades of "exercices" conducted everywhere around the globe, against countless nations and regimes. Thing is: great powers interfere. They've always had and they always will.

Anyone ready to get into trouble with some of those powers or to stand in a way of their interests must count on this scenario. If new Ukrainian government decided to use military force to suffocate rebellion on the east, where large ethnic Russian population as well as considerable percent of Russia-oriented Ukrainians exist, Russian interference was something that had to predicted and expected. If Ukrainian officials were hoping that Russia will just sit back and watch, or that the NATO countries would happily jump into the brawling match with Russians... well, they miscalculated, badly.

It is pretty obvious to me that the Ukraine today is being led by bunch of tragicomical, yet dangerous amateurs. Instead of testing every possible political method to find peaceful solution for this crises (whose contours could be seen growing decades ago, btw), they just took out guns and start shooting. To make it even worse, this so called "ATO" has been hastily launched without providing the most basic prerequisites for success. Insufficient forces, lack of profesionally developed operational plan, no money, not one honest ally, no clear and realistic goals. One thing is for sure: defeating and humiliating Russia is not very smart goal.
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Balthazar
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1358

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 07:43:53 AM
Last edit: August 29, 2014, 08:33:32 AM by Balthazar

Don't bother, Rassah is too busy filling his declaration of incomings. Grin

I'm not a fan of USA either, and am looking to move out, but if I was forced to live in one of them, I would still pick USA. How about you guys?
I would prefer to live in the country which doesn't force me to report all my foreign incomings or pay the taxes from foreign incomings. And USA is definetely not in that list, because you have to report all foreign incomings and pay the taxes from them. You have to do this even if you're not living in the US and your incomings are nominated in a local currency.

That doesn't answer my question, especially since if you lived in that country, your income would be while you lived in that country. Also, I didn't ask what citizenship you want, I asked where you would rather live if you were forced to.
It was a direct answer for your question, but I can explain this using simpler words.

In case if somebody will decide to offer me the US citizenship, I'll answer him a proposal to shove the passport into his ass. Who the hell are they and who gave them a right to require a declaration of incomings which have nothing to do with their jurisdiction? I won't live in such a fascist country or fund them with my taxes. Even if it would give me some personal benefits for a while. Because eventually payment will be required for everything, including the illusion of freedom. I would prefer to live in Somalia rather than US because they won't try to tell me what should I do with my own money.
Nemo1024
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2014, 08:16:34 AM
Last edit: August 29, 2014, 08:50:57 AM by Nemo1024

I love how "the international community" operates. They first urge Russia to somehow magically de-escalate an internal conflict in another country, and then, when Russia comes with concrete proposals for peace, they get blocked:

Russia-suggested statement on Ukraine ceasefire blocked at UNSC under ‘frivolous pretext’
http://rt.com/news/183512-security-council-ukraine-russia/

A statement calling for a ceasefire in eastern Ukraine was blocked at the UN Security Council under a completely frivolous pretext, Russia's envoy to the UN Vitaly Churkin said, after a heated debate with Kiev again accusing Russia of full-scale invasion.

“The Russian delegation's proposal on declaration of a ceasefire was blocked under a frivolous pretext,” Churkin said after the emergency session of the UNSC meeting, Itar-Tass quotes. “The Security Council as a result of destructive efforts of a number of its members was unable to play its role in resolving the Ukrainian crisis.”

A sad image of a WWII memorial at Savur-Mohyla, yet so symbolic:

UN: Ukraine conflict death toll hits 2,600, civilians ‘trapped inside conflict zones’
http://rt.com/news/183620-ukraine-conflict-death-toll/

“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”
“We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.”
“It is important to fight and fight again, and keep fighting, for only then can evil be kept at bay, though never quite eradicated.”
myshownow

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 09:32:48 AM

The updates seemed to have slowed so I did some research.
Ukraine is imploding. The Novorussian army has reached Zaporizhia oblast and they are no longer talking of Donetsk or Lugansk Republic but Novorussia republic. If you look at the map, they are now at Berdyansk, halfway to Crimea. They just encircled Mariupol trapping the Ukrainian reinforcements there. But I don't think this is only to get a landbridge to Crimea but to retake the whole Russian-speaking part of Ukraine. Novorussia.

Meanwhile, events are not only moving in the East but in the West. The Zacarpathia region, which is composed mainly of Rusyn & Hungarians, have been restive so the Right Sector sent 5 battalions of soldiers to control it but apparently the battalions just deserted .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cOmEHiddzw

This is good. I think, what remains of Ukraine will only be Galicia. They should arrest Yatseniuk, Turchinov, Kolomoyski & Poroshenko & line them up before a firing squad.

myshownow

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 09:49:00 AM

They have cleared the highway to Zaporizhia from the coast. What makes this exciting is that Dnipropetrovsk is near, just up north. Apparently, Dnipropetrovsk was the original capital of Novorussia when it was first formed by Potemkin.  It can wait.

Kharkov will be easier to take.
myshownow

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 10:11:13 AM

RIGHT NOW 60 tanks of Novorussian Army 20 km from Mariupol. The city is sorrounded by the Azov Sea & on the other 3 sides are Novorussian forces.
They are not indiscriminately firing on the city populace unlike the infamous Ukrainian army.

The rest have gone straight ahead to the west, to Zaporizhia oblast.  Melitopol & Zaporizhia are the big city targets here.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 10:28:20 AM

Kiev forces in Mariupol are almost encircled now. The only supply route currently within their control is through the city of Urzuf, to the West of Mariupol. Heavy fighting is taking place there.

And talking about Mariupol, we should remember that it is home to a very large non-Slavic minority, unlike the other cities of Novorussia.

Ethnic composition in Mariupol, as per the 2001 Census:

Total Pop: 510,835

Ukrainians: 248,683 (48.7%, of which 80.5% are Russian speaking and 19.4% are Ukrainian speaking)
Russians: 226,848 (44.3%)
Greeks: 21,923 (4.3%)

Also, significant number of Greeks are found in the neighboring districts. 19.7% in Velyka Novosilka, 19.97% in Volodarsky, 20.07% in Pershotravnevyi, 17.45% in Telmanovsky and 13.39% in Starobeshevsky.
myshownow

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 11:54:33 AM
Last edit: August 29, 2014, 10:26:57 PM by myshownow

Bryant, I think they have captured Urzuf, the Azov battalion HQ, that means Mariupol is completely sorrounded.

"NovorossiaInfo ‏@NovorossiaInfo 13h

La milicia ha capturado #Urzuf, al oeste de #Mariupol"

"NAF have capture coastal town of #Urzuf west of #Mariupol #cdnpoli #Ukraine"

(NAF-=Novorussian Armed Forces)

You can see the big difference of the NAF with the criminal Ukrainian army who bombards civilians with artillery & missiles. The NAF gives consideration to the citizens of Novorussia.

Nice to hear that there are partizans in Zaporizhia who are helping the Novorussian Army with their cleansing operations there.

I have a request to these guys. Line up Poroshenko, Yatseniuk, Kolomoyski & TUrchinov before a firing squad.

Nemo1024
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2014, 12:09:46 PM

Contrasting the above with:

Putin: Kiev’s shelling in E. Ukraine reminiscent of Nazi actions during WWII
http://rt.com/news/183648-putin-russia-ukraine-nazi/

“Sad as it might seem, this reminds me of the events of World War II, when the German Nazi occupants surrounded our cities, like Leningrad, and directly shelled those cities and their inhabitants,” Putin said on Friday, speaking at the “Seliger-2014” youth forum.

He recalled the signs in St. Petersburg, preserved since World War II, which warned citizens which side of the road was more vulnerable to shelling.

The president also commented on Kiev’s military units that are currently surrounded and blocked by anti-government militia. According to the latest data, Kiev has refused to try and negotiate safe passage for them to retreat.

“I think this is a colossal mistake that will lead to a lot of human casualties,” Putin said.

“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”
“It is important to fight and fight again, and keep fighting, for only then can evil be kept at bay, though never quite eradicated.”
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 12:09:55 PM

Bryant, I think they have captured Urzuf, the Azov battalion HQ, that means Mariupol is completely sorrounded.

I am getting my information mainly from two sources:

http://militarymaps.info/
https://twitter.com/BradCabana

(So far 99% accurate).

According to them, the fighting is still ongoing.

Anyway I am willing to wait a few weeks, or even months for Mariupol. What I don't want is the rebels to take control of the city in haste and then get trapped inside it. Also, the rebels should eliminate any chance of Kiev forces attacking them at the rear.

BTW... here is the latest development:

Nemo1024
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2014, 12:18:55 PM

The freedom fighters heeded Putin's plea to create a humanitarian evacuation corridor to the surrounded Ukrainian soldiers, provided they surrender their weapons:
http://rusvesna.su/news/1409293809

Carev: The storages of Mariupol will be enough to feed Novorossia through the winter. The next goal might be Odessa:
http://rusvesna.su/news/1409307092

Barbarian artillery shelling of Donetsk by the Ukrainian army continues, tens of civilian causalities:
http://rusvesna.su/news/1409301240

And Obama and Merkel will impose new sanctions on Russia for peace proposals:
http://rusvesna.su/news/1409296887

The video with a panorama view of Saur-Mogila from a UAV. This is what's left of this strategic point and WWII memorial:
http://rusvesna.su/news/1409259735

Lavrov commented the freedom fighters actions, saying that they are simply pushing away the ukrainian punitive units from the positions where the can unhindered shell civilians:
http://rusvesna.su/news/1409308353

Mariupol has been turned into a pocket, surrounding the punitive forces:
http://rusvesna.su/news/1409313263

Ukrainian coup government sends policemen into battle:
http://rusvesna.su/news/1409300117

bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 12:36:47 PM

The freedom fighters heeded Putin's plea to create a humanitarian evacuation corridor to the surrounded Ukrainian soldiers, provided they surrender their weapons

Why allow them to escape? They will return to Kiev and then come back with advanced weapons to kill the civilians. Putin should mind his own business.

Carev: The storages of Mariupol will be enough to feed Novorossia through the winter. The next goal might be Odessa

Odessa? He has to be realistic. The total strength of NAF is <30,000. With that many soldiers, it will be impossible to hold on to far-flung areas such as Odessa. (Let's hope that more people will join the NAF).

Barbarian artillery shelling of Donetsk by the Ukrainian army continues, tens of civilian causalities

It will soon end. The last of the Kiev troops in the vicinity of Donetsk are in the process of being cleared.

The video with a panorama view of Saur-Mogila from a UAV. This is what's left of this strategic point and WWII memorial

Very important capture. Gives NAF the view of the surrounding 20 miles (in radius) area.

Mariupol has been turned into a pocket, surrounding the punitive forces

Things can get complicated here. There are a lot of Right Sector snipers on the roof tops, and the Kiev forces are using locals as human shield.

Ukrainian coup government sends policemen into battle

Cannon fodder.
gmat

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 12:38:33 PM

Kiev forces in Mariupol are almost encircled now. The only supply route currently within their control is through the city of Urzuf, to the West of Mariupol. Heavy fighting is taking place there.

And talking about Mariupol, we should remember that it is home to a very large non-Slavic minority, unlike the other cities of Novorussia.

Ethnic composition in Mariupol, as per the 2001 Census:

Total Pop: 510,835

Ukrainians: 248,683 (48.7%, of which 80.5% are Russian speaking and 19.4% are Ukrainian speaking)
Russians: 226,848 (44.3%)
Greeks: 21,923 (4.3%)

Also, significant number of Greeks are found in the neighboring districts. 19.7% in Velyka Novosilka, 19.97% in Volodarsky, 20.07% in Pershotravnevyi, 17.45% in Telmanovsky and 13.39% in Starobeshevsky.
after Mariupol what city? can you know?
Nemo1024
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2014, 12:45:04 PM

The freedom fighters heeded Putin's plea to create a humanitarian evacuation corridor to the surrounded Ukrainian soldiers, provided they surrender their weapons

Why allow them to escape? They will return to Kiev and then come back with advanced weapons to kill the civilians. Putin should mind his own business.

I think this is one of the last diplomatic signals aimed at the West: see everything that Russia can legally do to de-escalate the conflict and save human lives is being done.

I also think it will fall on deaf ears.

bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 12:50:27 PM

First let them take Mariupol. It can take many months. And I am not sure whether the NAF is having enough resources to hold Mariupol. Remember that earlier they had withdrawn from Slavyansk-Kramatrosk-Krasnyi Liman for the lack of manpower. But I think if they take control of Mariupol, then they will hold it by any means possible. Mariupol is strategically very important.

Once they take Mariupol, I am not sure whether they will expand further. People's Republic of Zaporozhye was formed recently, but so far only a few hundred locals have shown any interest.
myshownow

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 01:23:55 PM
Last edit: August 29, 2014, 10:27:40 PM by myshownow

We have the same source. The twitter I've posted was a link taken from this account. The one on Urzuf occurred earlier yet.

The latest development in the vicinity:

SIT REP: #NAF capture #Yalta and #Yurivka on the W flank of #Mariupol. City is now sealed shut.Bad news for #Ukraine troops #cdnpoli

gmat

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 01:28:17 PM

First let them take Mariupol. It can take many months. And I am not sure whether the NAF is having enough resources to hold Mariupol. Remember that earlier they had withdrawn from Slavyansk-Kramatrosk-Krasnyi Liman for the lack of manpower. But I think if they take control of Mariupol, then they will hold it by any means possible. Mariupol is strategically very important.

Once they take Mariupol, I am not sure whether they will expand further. People's Republic of Zaporozhye was formed recently, but so far only a few hundred locals have shown any interest.
you are a moron sick, feel joy and accept the war, except the conversation partner - is your Ruthenian civilization, then a wonder that everyone shits on you
myshownow

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 01:32:07 PM

First let them take Mariupol. It can take many months. And I am not sure whether the NAF is having enough resources to hold Mariupol.

I'm still starting to read Russian and I still can't understand some words. Can you verify the claim that 3000 reinforcements just arrived which allowed them for the run to Zaporozhia (besides the local partizans of course)?
myshownow

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 01:38:18 PM

you are a moron sick,

Ukraine is imploding, deal with it. All delusions return to reality or you'll go crazy. By your choice of words you're showing the signs.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 01:39:52 PM

I'm still starting to read Russian and I still can't understand some words. Can you verify the claim that 3000 reinforcements just arrived which allowed them for the run to Zaporozhia (besides the local partizans of course)?

3,000 reinforcements? I am yet to see the link.

On the other hand, a few days ago there was a movement of some 1,200 Novorussian troops from Rostov to Donetsk. They were training with the Cossacks in Rostov for many months, and have now returned to Donetsk. All of them are Ukrainian citizens.

BTW... as of now, the Zaporozhye partisans number only a few hundred.
Pages: « 1 ... 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 [200] 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 ... 391 »
  Print  

Jump to: