Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:34:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Ethnic cleansing of Russian speaking by Kiev forces is the main cause of clashes in Donbass area.
True. - 54 (51.4%)
This is Khasarian Kaganat and Russians must be killed or must be sclaves. - 29 (27.6%)
What is Donbass? - 5 (4.8%)
Where is Kiev? - 4 (3.8%)
My TV show only Israeli clashes. - 13 (12.4%)
Total Voters: 105

Pages: « 1 ... 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 [233] 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 ... 391 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Donetsk, Kharkov, Lugansk - way to Russia.  (Read 734742 times)
RoadTrain
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 02:47:23 PM

You didn't even bother trying. Do you always call people "russophobes" when you are unable to refute their arguments?
No, I only do so when they are russophobic.

Cool. Can I use the same technique to dismiss arguments from "the other side" because it's just russophilia?
This reminds me of a question that I asked you not long ago, and you left it unanswered.
So I won't answer yours, anyways it's mostly rhetorical Smiley

And then we go back there. I really tried to have a constructive dialogue with Rassah, but it ended up name-calling, so I ended it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Pagan

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 02:55:11 PM

Herman Van Rompuy @euHvR

Further EU restrictive measures against ‪#‎Russia‬ will enter into force on Friday 12 September 2014. My full statement: http://ow.ly/BnjA0

StopFake.org

Struggle against fake information about events in Ukraine.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 02:57:13 PM

The NAF has withdrawn from Talakovka, the last Mariupol outskirt which was under their control. Now Mariupol and the surrounding regions are firmly under Kiev control. Heavy fighting still ongoing at the Donetsk airport. BTW... has anyone noticed this:

http://en.ria.ru/world/20140911/192833476/Kievs-Law-Paving-Way-for-Sanctions-Against-Moscow-to-Enter-Into.html

From Friday onward, Kiev will not allow any Russian gas to pass through Ukraine.
Balthazar
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1358

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 03:16:14 PM

From Friday onward, Kiev will not allow any Russian gas to pass through Ukraine.
Excellent!  Smiley
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2014, 03:33:31 PM
Last edit: September 11, 2014, 03:44:28 PM by deisik

Excellent!  Smiley

I guess this madness is bound to culminate sooner or later in a complete and overwhelming ban for the Russian language use under the penalty of imprisonment and confiscation of property...

bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 03:45:33 PM

Excellent!  Smiley

Poroshenko just received orders from Barack Obama to block the Russian gas. The Qataris are already salivating at the idea of selling their LNG at $700 per  kilo cubic meter to the European consumers. It will not affect Germany though. Their supply is secure, through the Nord Stream gas pipeline. It is the other idiots, such as the French and the Italians, who are going to suffer.
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2014, 04:57:51 PM

I was going to say, I really hope that Russia doesn't become the new world ruler, considering how corrupt and totalitarian their government is, how much they trample on human rights, and how much their culture apparently breeds apathy and neonazi levels of nationalism, thinking that everyone just collapsing and being independent would be a much better outcome then being forced under Russia...

And then I remembered that "As of 2012 oil and gas sector accounted for 16% of the GDP, 52% of federal budget revenues and over 70% of total exports", many of which are going to EU, so if the "West" collapses, Russia will follow. And before you say, "But China!...," at least 40% of China's exports are going to the "West," and that really high US debt you guys keep bringing up? A lot of that is to China, which owns $1.28 TRILLION in US debt, from which it earns $26.9 billion in interest payments every year, and which it holds as treasury notes to suppress the value of its own currency to make their exports cheaper and more competitive. If US collapses, not only will China instantly lose $1.28 trillion in assets, but it will lose a huge income, and its currency value will shoot up, as will the price of their exports and labor, making them really uncompetitive for outsourcing. Their economy will collapse as well, combined with massive unemployment. So, China will lose their export economy and many of their workers will become unemployed, Russia will find itself not being able to sell its oil to anyone (Brazil isn't doing all that well either BTW), and because much of Russia is held up by social welfare programs paid by those oil and gas profits (keeps the population pacified, but stupid, and keeps the economy from developing), when those social welfare programs dry up (or lead to massive hyperinflation), there will be massive mayhem in the streets of Russia. I am certain Jews will be blamed.

So, if "The West" falls, your favorite pets Russia and China will fall with them.

P.S. Oil and resources do not make for the richest economy in a nation. Who are the wealthiest, most economically developed nations in the Middle East? Oil-rich Iraq, Iran, and Saudi Arabia? Nope! It's Israel and Dubai, the two countries that have no oil whatsoever!
Oh, you're very russophobic and predjudiced, twisting facts to support your fear-mongering claims. It doesn't make sense to argue with you.

I'm not twisting facts, I'm reporting on actual numbers. How would you "untwist" the facts that 70% of Russia's economy depends on exports, and that 40% of China's economy depends on exports to the west, and is supported by them owning US debt? Are you disputing the facts, or claiming that if those 70% and 40% of exports were cut, and China lost $1.28 trillion in assets, that their economy would boom?

P.S. If you don't know the most developed resource-rich country, then you should check Norway.

How Norway has avoided the 'curse of oil'. Some key points:
"For while other countries have struck oil and then binged on the revenues, by contrast Norway is continuing to invest its oil and gas money in a giant sovereign wealth fund."
"There is a closely followed guideline that only 4% of the surplus from the fund is spent or invested in public projects."

So, this "resource-rich country" is not rich because of the oil. It sounds like, instead of using their oil profits to pay for social welfare programs the way Russia and many Middle Eastern countries are doing, they are putting that money aside, and are still focusing on developing their economy through other means. Once the oil runs out, they plan to use that fund to help continue to develop their economy and switch to other types of production, but are still worried that they may have trouble with jobs if too many people don't have any skills other than oil.
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2014, 05:09:43 PM

If majority of Mariupol wanted to join with the separatists, they would be the ones protesting, or just plain joining to begin with. Doesn't it bother you that all these big cities have to be "taken over" by separatists, instead of them just willingly joining them?

Photos of few thousand protesters, very likely organized by the local Ukrainian authorities, prove literally nothing. It's a city of 500.000 citizens, and as we can see vast majority prefers to stay in their homes. Why? I think it's pretty reasonable to assume that this 'silent majority' is not interested to support revolutionary government in Kiev, or they are simply scared of Ukrainian paramilitary thugs roaming the streets. Massacre in Odessa was a lesson and it's not forgotten.

Are you saying that Mariupol is governed by a dictator? Or that ONLY the pro-Kiev side has guns? I don't get it. If the pro-Kiev side is a minority, then how are they holding so much control over what you claim is a huge majority?

By the time Kiev allows a referendum in the Donbass, the original inhabitants will be gone for ever. Already one-sixth of the population has crossed over to Russia.

This is bad why? Weren't you claiming that those people were Russians and want to be a part of Russia? So, now thanks to the fighting in the region (fighting by BOTH, separatists and Kiev "junta") they are Russians in Russia. So, what's the problem?
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2014, 05:14:45 PM

Excellent!  Smiley

Wow! I really hope they don't back out on this in spite of possible EU protests!

I guess this madness is bound to culminate sooner or later in a complete and overwhelming ban for the Russian language use under the penalty of imprisonment and confiscation of property...

Why would they ban the Russian language, when most of them speak Russian???
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2014, 05:30:18 PM
Last edit: September 11, 2014, 06:48:18 PM by deisik

I was going to say, I really hope that Russia doesn't become the new world ruler, considering how corrupt and totalitarian their government is, how much they trample on human rights, and how much their culture apparently breeds apathy and neonazi levels of nationalism, thinking that everyone just collapsing and being independent would be a much better outcome then being forced under Russia...

And then I remembered that "As of 2012 oil and gas sector accounted for 16% of the GDP, 52% of federal budget revenues and over 70% of total exports", many of which are going to EU, so if the "West" collapses, Russia will follow. And before you say, "But China!...," at least 40% of China's exports are going to the "West," and that really high US debt you guys keep bringing up? A lot of that is to China, which owns $1.28 TRILLION in US debt, from which it earns $26.9 billion in interest payments every year, and which it holds as treasury notes to suppress the value of its own currency to make their exports cheaper and more competitive. If US collapses, not only will China instantly lose $1.28 trillion in assets, but it will lose a huge income, and its currency value will shoot up, as will the price of their exports and labor, making them really uncompetitive for outsourcing. Their economy will collapse as well, combined with massive unemployment. So, China will lose their export economy and many of their workers will become unemployed, Russia will find itself not being able to sell its oil to anyone (Brazil isn't doing all that well either BTW), and because much of Russia is held up by social welfare programs paid by those oil and gas profits (keeps the population pacified, but stupid, and keeps the economy from developing), when those social welfare programs dry up (or lead to massive hyperinflation), there will be massive mayhem in the streets of Russia. I am certain Jews will be blamed.

So, if "The West" falls, your favorite pets Russia and China will fall with them.

P.S. Oil and resources do not make for the richest economy in a nation. Who are the wealthiest, most economically developed nations in the Middle East? Oil-rich Iraq, Iran, and Saudi Arabia? Nope! It's Israel and Dubai, the two countries that have no oil whatsoever!
Oh, you're very russophobic and predjudiced, twisting facts to support your fear-mongering claims. It doesn't make sense to argue with you.

I'm not twisting facts, I'm reporting on actual numbers. How would you "untwist" the facts that 70% of Russia's economy depends on exports, and that 40% of China's economy depends on exports to the west, and is supported by them owning US debt? Are you disputing the facts, or claiming that if those 70% and 40% of exports were cut, and China lost $1.28 trillion in assets, that their economy would boom?

You seem not to understand the economy behind all these numbers. The percentage of exports reflects the strength and level of integration of an economy in the global market. Exports are necessarily balanced by the corresponding level of imports (which are not dependent on the structure of exports), so cutting the exports would inevitably bring about both depreciating the national currency and reducing the imports.

In practice, we see that European sanctions against Russia are more damaging to Europe itself than Russia, since by introducing discriminatory counter-sanctions Russia attenuates European sanctions' negative effect on its economy and at the same time protects its existing exports while Russian sanctions have deeper and broader effect on the European economy due to the structure of imports (multiplicator effect)...

deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2014, 05:37:18 PM

You'd better first answer why they want to ban the Russian gas transit through Ukraine. If you somehow manage to answer this question, this will also be an answer to your question...

RoadTrain
Legendary

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 06:15:15 PM

How Norway has avoided the 'curse of oil'. Some key points:
"For while other countries have struck oil and then binged on the revenues, by contrast Norway is continuing to invest its oil and gas money in a giant sovereign wealth fund."
"There is a closely followed guideline that only 4% of the surplus from the fund is spent or invested in public projects."

So, this "resource-rich country" is not rich because of the oil. It sounds like, instead of using their oil profits to pay for social welfare programs the way Russia and many Middle Eastern countries are doing, they are putting that money aside, and are still focusing on developing their economy through other means. Once the oil runs out, they plan to use that fund to help continue to develop their economy and switch to other types of production, but are still worried that they may have trouble with jobs if too many people don't have any skills other than oil.

It's not that good as you picture it. If you look into Norway's economy, you'll quickly notice these very things that you contend it had avoided.

These are:
1. Enormous welfare state, almost a third of workers work in the public sector
2. Largely petroleum-focused economy, including employment
3. One of the highest cost of living which causes competitiveness issues in non-petroleum related industries

Oil and gas exports account for more than a half of all export revenues (not much less than in Russia) and for 25-30 percent of government revenues.

The emergence of Norway as an oil-exporting country has raised a number of issues for Norwegian economic policy. There has been concern that much of Norway's human capital investment has been concentrated in petroleum-related industries. Critics have pointed out that Norway's economic structure is highly dependent on natural resources that do not require skilled labor, making economic growth highly vulnerable to fluctuations in the demand and pricing for these natural resources. The Government Pension Fund of Norway is part of several efforts to hedge against dependence on petroleum revenue.

And after all, Russia tried to learn from Norway's experience by establishing similar wealth funds. And they helped us when the crisis hit.

P.S. Norway's government is allowed to spend 4% of the fund annually, not of the surplus.
RoadTrain
Legendary

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 06:24:22 PM

You seem not to understand the economy behind all these numbers. The percentage of exports reflects the strength and level of integration of an economy in the global market. Exports are necessarily balanced by the corresponding level of imports (which are not dependent on the structure of exports), so cutting the exports would inevitably bring about both appreciating the national currency and reducing the imports.

In practice, we see that European sanctions against Russia are more damaging to Europe itself than Russia, since by introducing discriminatory counter-sanctions Russia attenuates European sanctions' negative effect on its economy and at the same time protects its existing exports while Russian sanctions have deeper and broader effect on the European economy due to the structure of imports (multiplicator effect)...
Did you mean depreciating?

It's interesting, though any conclusion might be premature
The trade surplus in Russia unexpectedly widened in July as exports rose and imports fell, a sign that a 13 percent depreciation in the ruble over the past year may be reining in Russians’ demand for overseas goods. The surplus climbed to $17.1 billion amid a 5.4 percent jump in sales abroad from a year earlier, while imports declined 4.2 percent, central bank data showed today. Analysts predicted a narrowing to $12 billion, according to a Bloomberg survey.
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2014, 06:31:32 PM
Last edit: September 11, 2014, 06:45:27 PM by deisik

You seem not to understand the economy behind all these numbers. The percentage of exports reflects the strength and level of integration of an economy in the global market. Exports are necessarily balanced by the corresponding level of imports (which are not dependent on the structure of exports), so cutting the exports would inevitably bring about both appreciating the national currency and reducing the imports.

Yeah, you you're right, cutting exports would lead to trade deficit that will be compensated (balanced) through currency depreciation (or by increasing national debt, see USA)...

247crypto (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 07:03:43 PM

blablahblah

Activity: 775
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 07:37:35 PM

You didn't even bother trying. Do you always call people "russophobes" when you are unable to refute their arguments?

Cool. Can I use the same technique to dismiss arguments from "the other side" because it's just russophilia?
This reminds me of a question that I asked you not long ago, and you left it unanswered.

You were being a douchebag. Here you are:
So the posts made by indignant westerners can be considered the proof of the opposite?

No. Posts by indignant Westerners cannot be considered proof that covert Western troops, dressed in mufti, have been sent to east Ukraine to either pretend to be Russian-speaking rebels or to assist some rebel groups. That opposite makes no sense. And I was talking about the Russian argumentativeness as being an auxiliary or supporting argument in light of all the other evidence like photos and first-hand accounts (showing that Russia has been attacking Ukraine).

Assuming that Russia has been wrongly accused by the West, Russians would be expected to respond in a rational manner, which includes accepting and open-mindedly discussing the possibility that maybe the Russian government has been attacking Ukraine. However, the stubborn denial, and the defensiveness towards the Russian government seems highly suspicious.

The lack of diversity in the Russian opinions is also highly suspect. Most Westerners whom I've met seem very aware that some Western governments, especially the US, are probably up to no good. Even if they don't want to make direct accusations without knowing the facts, Westerners often have a healthy distrust towards their democratically elected representatives. And many of them often disagree with each other. Some Westerners have different opinions from other Westerners! You may be shocked by this, but Westerners often argue among themselves, even in the same thread on the Internet. The ability for Westerners to have different opinions also results in small government majorities, minority governments, hung parliaments, and 'low' levels of support for their country's leaders. As a side-effect, this makes it easier for leaders in more authoritarian regimes to falsely claim that they (for example: Putin) are doing a better job because they are more popular.

Therefore, the united voice chanting in unison: "the Russian government is innocent! They are not involved in Ukraine's internal disputes! The rebels are real! The West is responsible for Ukraine's coup and the "Kiev junta"!" sounds very suspect.
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2014, 07:58:54 PM

The lack of diversity in the Russian opinions is also highly suspect. Most Westerners whom I've met seem very aware that some Western governments, especially the US, are probably up to no good. Even if they don't want to make direct accusations without knowing the facts, Westerners often have a healthy distrust towards their democratically elected representatives. And many of them often disagree with each other. Some Westerners have different opinions from other Westerners! You may be shocked by this, but Westerners often argue among themselves, even in the same thread on the Internet. The ability for Westerners to have different opinions also results in small government majorities, minority governments, hung parliaments, and 'low' levels of support for their country's leaders. As a side-effect, this makes it easier for leaders in more authoritarian regimes to falsely claim that they (for example: Putin) are doing a better job because they are more popular.

Therefore, the united voice chanting in unison: "the Russian government is innocent! They are not involved in Ukraine's internal disputes! The rebels are real! The West is responsible for Ukraine's coup and the "Kiev junta"!" sounds very suspect.

Hahaha, I guess you will never understand the so-called Russian "soul". You don't see the whole thing behind "the united voice chanting in unison "the Russian government is innocent!". I promise you that between ourselves we don't think that our government is that "innocent" (but this is none of your business)...

RoadTrain
Legendary

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 08:05:17 PM

You were being a douchebag. Here you are:
So the posts made by indignant westerners can be considered the proof of the opposite?

No. Posts by indignant Westerners cannot be considered proof that covert Western troops, dressed in mufti, have been sent to east Ukraine to either pretend to be Russian-speaking rebels or to assist some rebel groups. That opposite makes no sense. And I was talking about the Russian argumentativeness as being an auxiliary or supporting argument in light of all the other evidence like photos and first-hand accounts (showing that Russia has been attacking Ukraine).

Assuming that Russia has been wrongly accused by the West, Russians would be expected to respond in a rational manner, which includes accepting and open-mindedly discussing the possibility that maybe the Russian government has been attacking Ukraine. However, the stubborn denial, and the defensiveness towards the Russian government seems highly suspicious.

I asked you a simple question:
Which piece of proof do you consider the most solid? (for the record)

You answered with shit. There can't be an open-minded discussion when you're acting this way. If you can't do this simple thing, why should I bother? Go fuck yourself, I'm done with you. Wink

P.S. And yes, the rebels are real. I personally know a couple. One of them killed in action like a month ago near Luhansk...
blablahblah

Activity: 775
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 08:13:42 PM

Yeah, you you're right, cutting exports would lead to trade deficit that will be compensated (balanced) through currency depreciation (or by increasing national debt, see USA)...

You are looking at it as a static system, but it's also important to consider flows and rate of development. Every arbitrary unit that is traded internationally (a transaction occurs where something is exported and something is imported) can be expected to be produce side benefits. Side benefits such as technological development and infrastructure (e.g.: factories are built) that reduces future production costs.

If Europe is stagnating, while Russia is growing, that would suggest that Russia has more to lose from artificial trade barriers. Stagnation implies a relative reduction in efficiency, approaching subsistence level. Whereas rapid growth implies that there exists relatively less infrastructure. Therefore, Europe's pain would be being forced to improve the efficiency of their existing factories. Russia's pain would be trying to build new factories with no money and no hardware.
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2014, 08:16:03 PM

You'd better first answer why they want to ban the Russian gas transit through Ukraine. If you somehow manage to answer this question, this will also be an answer to your question...

Because the Russian government/military invaded their country and is shooting at their military. Is that not a good enough reason?
Pages: « 1 ... 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 [233] 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 ... 391 »
  Print  

Jump to: