Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 04:42:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Ethnic cleansing of Russian speaking by Kiev forces is the main cause of clashes in Donbass area.
True. - 54 (51.4%)
This is Khasarian Kaganat and Russians must be killed or must be sclaves. - 29 (27.6%)
What is Donbass? - 5 (4.8%)
Where is Kiev? - 4 (3.8%)
My TV show only Israeli clashes. - 13 (12.4%)
Total Voters: 105

Pages: « 1 ... 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 [234] 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 ... 391 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Donetsk, Kharkov, Lugansk - way to Russia.  (Read 734742 times)
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2014, 08:25:32 PM

I guess this madness is bound to culminate sooner or later in a complete and overwhelming ban for the Russian language use under the penalty of imprisonment and confiscation of property...

Why would they ban the Russian language, when most of them speak Russian???

You'd better first answer why they want to ban the Russian gas transit through Ukraine. If you somehow manage to answer this question, this will also be an answer to your question...

Because the Russian government/military invaded their country and is shooting at their military. Is that not a good enough reason?
In 1914 Saint Petersburg was renamed to Petrograd. Do you know the reasons? So don't be surprised that the Russian language will be officially banned one day. In fact, when Maidan took over and Yanukovich had to run to Russia, one of the first plans of the new powers in Kiev was to ban Russian...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2014, 08:33:37 PM
Last edit: September 11, 2014, 08:47:57 PM by deisik

If Europe is stagnating, while Russia is growing, that would suggest that Russia has more to lose from artificial trade barriers. Stagnation implies a relative reduction in efficiency, approaching subsistence level. Whereas rapid growth implies that there exists relatively less infrastructure. Therefore, Europe's pain would be being forced to improve the efficiency of their existing factories. Russia's pain would be trying to build new factories with no money and no hardware.

The devil is in the detail. You forget to take into account the different substitution possibilities. Russia can easily substitute both the goods previously exported from Europe and the European importers it supplied their goods to at virtually the same price (which means low overhead costs), but Europe can't sell their goods somewhere else, which means lower production (with all ensuing consequences). The problem is not in improving the efficiency of Europe's existing factories, since the production capacity of them becomes redundant (actually, they should lower their efficiency)...

In short, Russia has a by far wider field of maneuvering than Europe

Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2014, 08:33:51 PM

I guess this madness is bound to culminate sooner or later in a complete and overwhelming ban for the Russian language use under the penalty of imprisonment and confiscation of property...

You'd better first answer why they want to ban the Russian gas transit through Ukraine. If you somehow manage to answer this question, this will also be an answer to your question...

Because the Russian government/military invaded their country and is shooting at their military. Is that not a good enough reason?
In 1914 Saint Petersburg was renamed to Petrograd. Do you know the reasons? So don't be surprised that the Russian language will be officially banned one day. In fact, when Maidan took over and Yanukovich had to run to Russia, one of the first plans of the new powers in Kiev was to ban Russian...

Was it because one city name is in russian and the other in ukrainian? No? Then wtf.
I am from Kiev. A bunch of my friends are from Kiev. We spoke Russian, and only used Ukrainian in the school we went to. Next to us was another school, of exact same size, that was a purely russian school. No one in Ukraine gives a damn about the Russian language, nor considers it a threat. There are a bunch of people who use it exclusively and have never really learned the Ukrainian language (just like there are spanish speaking people in USA, and french speaking people in Canada, who won't speak english well, but note that Spanish and French are not banned in either country). So, no, one of the first plans was NOT to ban russian. If someone said it, that person was crazy (there are crazy people everywhere), and no one in Kiev would take them seriously (but apparently Russia and their propaganda machine did).
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2014, 08:37:16 PM

Was it because one city name is in russian and the other in ukrainian? No? Then wtf.
I am from Kiev. A bunch of my friends are from Kiev. We spoke Russian, and only used Ukrainian in the school we went to. Next to us was another school, of exact same size, that was a purely russian school. No one in Ukraine gives a damn about the Russian language, nor considers it a threat. There are a bunch of people who use it exclusively and have never really learned the Ukrainian language (just like there are spanish speaking people in USA, and french speaking people in Canada, who won't speak english well, but note that Spanish and French are not banned in either country). So, no, one of the first plans was NOT to ban russian. If someone said it, that person was crazy (there are crazy people everywhere), and no one in Kiev would take them seriously (but apparently Russia and their propaganda machine did).

So you don't know the history, both recent and ancient? Okay then, lol...

Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2014, 08:44:08 PM

Since someone brought up the topic of nazis in Ukraine...

(RNE neo-Nazi fighters in eastern Ukraine)

(Pavel Gubarev, the leader of the so-called Donetsk People’s Republic, in the Russian neo-Nazi movement Russian National Unity. This one is interesting, because at the end of May 2014, Russian blogger Dmitry Semenov published photos of Gubarev wearing a neo-Nazi uniform. As a result, Semenov was arrested and charged for propaganda and public demonstration of Nazi symbols. Meanwhile, neo-nazi rallies were organized in Moscow and St. Petersburg on May 1 with no interference.)

(Anton Raevskii, a Russian citizen from St. Petersburg and founder of a Russian fascist organization, is an active participant in separatist rallies in Odesa)

(Alexey Milchakov, a Russian mercenary fighting for “Donetsk People’s Republic”)

(Russian neo-Nazi “Kornilovtsy” battalion operating in Ukraine)

(Tattoo of the ‘Odal’ rune, used by Nazi Germany and fascist groups today)

(Rifle with “Kuban 88″ on the strap. The number 88 in skinhead culture means “Heil Hitler”)

Can we please stop it with the "Who's a bigger Nazi" argument already? There are crazy assholes on both sides of this fight, but according to every international study, Russians are far in the lead with the neo-nazi crap, so the claims of it being a problem in Ukraine from Russians is rather laughable.
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2014, 08:45:28 PM

So you don't know the history, both recent and ancient? Okay then, lol...

No, I simply don't believe the renaming of a city is relevant to claims of banning a language. But do feel free to enlighten me.
247crypto (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 08:50:49 PM

247crypto (OP)

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 08:51:43 PM

247crypto (OP)

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 08:52:25 PM

247crypto (OP)

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 08:55:28 PM

Mariupol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uRmmTQ4rlQ

blablahblah

Activity: 775
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 09:28:52 PM

If Europe is stagnating, while Russia is growing, that would suggest that Russia has more to lose from artificial trade barriers. Stagnation implies a relative reduction in efficiency, approaching subsistence level. Whereas rapid growth implies that there exists relatively less infrastructure. Therefore, Europe's pain would be being forced to improve the efficiency of their existing factories. Russia's pain would be trying to build new factories with no money and no hardware.

The devil is in the detail.
That's why I kept it very general.

You forget to take into account the different substitution possibilities. Russia can easily substitute both the goods previously exported from Europe and the importers there it supplied their goods to at virtually the same price (which means low overhead costs), but Europe can't sell their goods somewhere else, which means lower production (with all ensuing consequences).
You're making a couple of mistakes there. Substitution would result in an increase in the price. For example, Russia starts to import a lot of goods from Brazil, which they used to get from the EU. Maybe the price was the same in the past, but the increased demand causes it to go up. Brazil's higher prices create new opportunities for the EU to export to Brazil, but we can assume that part of the BRICS negotiations may have included ways to lock out the EU, or at least to prevent Baltic-style re-exporting of EU goods to Russia.

The problem is not in improving the efficiency of Europe's existing factories, since the production capacity of them becomes redundant (actually, they should lower their efficiency)...
I think you misunderstood. Yes, reduced exports from the EU would make them less efficient. That would create pressure to find new ways to reduce costs. What I was suggesting was that the EU would have more possibilities for reducing costs because the infrastructure is already there.

To reduce costs, some German businesses might decide to outsource to Poland or the Czechs. To finance the investment costs, the Germans already have capital, even if it's just empty buildings. Russia could potentially do the same thing, move factories to areas where labour resources are cheaper. But can they finance it? Perhaps they can, I'm not sure. Putting it this way, it seems that Moscow and Germany would both be big losers, while the various corporations with no national allegiance would profit by investing in the lower-cost regions.
myshownow

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 11:22:38 PM
Last edit: September 12, 2014, 01:27:20 AM by myshownow

JUDO MOVE: LET ME ENTERTAIN YOU

I love coming here because of the entertainment.It's amusing to see here the Ukrainian trolls spouting their ridiculous attempts to "portray intelligence through propaganda". It makes you wonder that if there were so many intelligent Ukrainians, why was UKarine outclassed by supposedly dictatorial Belarus & kazakhstan in the rush to progress game (Ukraine was the second richest part of the USSR, mind you, so you can see how low its descent was and the Ukrainians were so intelligent they even made it bankrupt when they became independent, just consistent with the stupidity they have shown throughout their history as serfs to various empires). They are so intelligent they decided to ally with comatose patrons on their their last stage of implosion. Some intelligence, eh? Cheesy

If you noticed, all of the pretentious trolls have fallen flat on their faces before. One kept debating but obviously not understanding what he's discussing about, another kept repeating his "expert" line that Russia will soon be in recession but the latest we know, Russia grew by .8% but all the EU clowns are on a tailspin.  But never mind the humiliation, they just get up and pretend hoping to fool anybody down the line. Classic Anglo-Zionist tactic. Of course, you know what happened to the Anglo-Zionst propaganda- though they own practically the WEstern propaganda press, people just stopped buying them and now all its newspapers (including New York Times, Guardian, etc) are now always tottering into bankruptcy. Its magazines (like Newsweek, Time) are bankrupt too but just supported to be useful in times like this where they are needed to reinforce propaganda. Who are they fooling? The fact that they always complain of the Russian media betrays their desperation that the Anglo-Zionist propaganda is no longer taken seriously.They can't make the narrative anymore, people just ignore them. Wink

I have my own standards. I don't waste my time with trolls pretending to be intelligent when they are not. Grin

There are a lot of fools in the decaying EU these days. Endless laughs though. After a week of threatening it, the EU clowns released a statement they will finally release it Friday. Will they really? I hope so because there will be laughs again for sure. Note that all of them are in the cusp of triple-dip recession, and Germany, its biggest economy actually shrunk by 0.2% in the last quarter, while their target, Russia, has actually grown in that same period by 0.8%. YOu can just see how intimidating they were by their stupidity.

I am intrigued though by the next judo move of Putin. The style of Putin is the so-called falling-down trick which makes it appear that you are losing but its actually a move to gather strength, and once you stand up, bounce up with more force. You can see this in the win of the NOvorussians in the days before the ceasefire. It appeared they were losing but they were just doing the classic Battle of Kursk maneuver and bounced back, eliciting once again a proof the collective low IQ of the UKrainians.

Actually, the whole Ukraine fiasco is a judo move. It appeared at first, the Maidan was winning UKraine but Putin used the Maidan instead to rearrange the Post-Soviet space to its rightful configuration. Now Putin is using it to reshape the dynamics in Europe. And together with China, throughout the world.

I never thought changing the world could be entertaining. Cheesy

Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2014, 11:44:04 PM

another kept repeating his "expert" line that Russia will soon be in recession but the latest we know, Rusia grew by .8%

Just so you know, economic growth needs to account for population growth. Having economic growth at about 2% means you are not growing, but not falling either. It just means you are maintaining your economic growth along with your population growth. "Growing" by 0.8% means you are falling behind, and you have more and more people with less and less stuff per person. Also, (http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-08-11/russian-gdp-growth-slows-to-0-8-as-demand-cools-amid-sanctions.html) "Russia’s economic growth slumped to the weakest in five quarters" that being 0.8%. Russia had "0.9 percent growth in the first three months of the year," which is also really slow and pathetic (unless a lot of Russians are killing themselves). Meanwhile US economic growth has been between 2.5% and 4%. Basically, Russia is doing really really bad, and will likely do worse as it loses customers around the world, and wastes money and resources trying to readjust itself to the sanctions.

As for the counter-sanctions, check this out, "Russia was the destination for 19.8 percent of Lithuania’s exports last year. For Latvia, Estonia, Finland and Poland it was 16.2 percent, 11.4 percent, 9.6 percent and 5.3 percent respectively."  If you say those countries will be hurt, how do you think Russia will fare when 40% of its exports are going to those countries it's now blocked from sending them to?

By the way, where are you from? You sound like a 1200's Mongol.
Paya

Activity: 334

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 12:50:52 AM

If the pro-Kiev side is a minority, then how are they holding so much control over what you claim is a huge majority?

Because they have more guns? Look, there's no need to "claim" anything, it's a fact that only a handful of citizens showed on that square. Pictures you've posted are actually telling whole different story than the one you wanted to present. Few thousand protesters is almost nothing for the city of 500.000. You tell me what happened with the rest and why didn't they bother to go out to wave Ukrainian flags and dig trenches.
myshownow

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 01:08:56 AM
Last edit: September 12, 2014, 01:40:34 AM by myshownow

By the way, where are you from? You sound like a 1200's Mongol.

Are you talking to me? There, just so you don't think I totally ignore you. Cheesy

Frankly, just reread what you wrote and you'll see (if you have "the" intelligence Cheesy) that you need to tell more than about your "Wired interviews", " royal ancestors, bank account, etc. to be taken seriously.

myshownow

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 03:00:42 AM

REALITY CHECK

BTW, just to be clear, the supposed Ukrainian trolls  here are just Anglo-Zionist agents, the Maidan trash were really stupid so they were forced to hide them or everybody here would die laughing. Clue: They mostly extract their propaganda from the Anglo-Zionist propaganda (Newsweek magazine, New York Times, Bloomberg, etc.), which because of their shrill contrived reality, is really not taken seriously anymore even in the West. NO credibility, whatsoever- manipulated economic data (LBMA, LIBOR fixing, etc), manipulated news. The other clues are snippets, or the insertions, to inject a special propaganda: Tel Aviv may be a dump despite a few skyscrapers but suddenly Israel suddenly becomes the most developed nation in the ME here.Subliminal attempt to boost their private pet projects.

The Anglo-Zionist, of course, has had a long-term plan against Russia manipulating  the Ukrainian inferiority complex and the resulting delusions of grandeur but frankly, it's as patently wishful thinking like their discredited propaganda.

Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2014, 03:06:38 AM

If the pro-Kiev side is a minority, then how are they holding so much control over what you claim is a huge majority?

Because they have more guns? Look, there's no need to "claim" anything, it's a fact that only a handful of citizens showed on that square. Pictures you've posted are actually telling whole different story than the one you wanted to present. Few thousand protesters is almost nothing for the city of 500.000. You tell me what happened with the rest and why didn't they bother to go out to wave Ukrainian flags and dig trenches.

Maybe they already moved to Russia? How do you know the city still has 500,000? And why would the pro-ukrainians have more guns than pro-separatists, especially with so many separatists in the area?

By the way, what will happen to the thousands of pro-ukrainians who live in Mariupol if the separatists take it over? Will they be banished from the city? Arrested and tortured like other ukraine supporters?
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2014, 03:09:39 AM

REALITY CHECK

BTW, just to be clear, the supposed Ukrainian trolls  here are just Anglo-Zionist agents, the Maidan trash were really stupid so they were forced to hide them or everybody here would die laughing. Clue: They mostly extract their propaganda from the Anglo-Zionist propaganda (Newsweek magazine, New York Times, Bloomberg, etc.), which because of their shrill contrived reality, is really not taken seriously anymore even in the West. NO credibility, whatsoever- manipulated economic data (LBMA, LIBOR fixing, etc), manipulated news. The other clues are snippets, or the insertions, to inject a special propaganda: Tel Aviv may be a dump despite a few skyscrapers but suddenly Israel suddenly becomes the most developed nation in the ME here.Subliminal attempt to boost their private pet projects.

The Anglo-Zionist, of course, has had a long-term plan against Russia manipulating  the Ukrainian inferiority complex and the resulting delusions of grandeur but frankly, it's as patently wishful thinking like their discredited propaganda.

I'm not even Jewish  Roll Eyes And yes, keep telling yourself fairy tales. Why are you on this forum again? You have no posts anywhere but this threat, and are only talking about how the evil jews are taking over the world, and your all powerful Soviet Russia will save the world from them. You're basically a russian troll here only to disrupt and spread more russian propaganda. I'm actually glad you are here, because you paint the rest of the pro-russia morons on here with a broad crazy brush, greatly diminishing their side's arguments. So, thank you. But, seriously, why are you debating how totalitarian russia will free the world from western oppression on a frigin Bitcoin forum, a forum for discussing technology that is all about establishing western style capitalism on a global level, and one that will, hopefully, completely destroy russia's corrupt government (and all other corrupt governments) someday?
myshownow

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 03:16:44 AM

REALITY CHECK

I'm not even Jewish  Roll Eyes And yes, keep telling yourself fairy tales. Why are you on this forum again?

Why am I in this forum? To be entertained by you. Wink

Just to add to your IQ: Anglo-Zionist doesn't have to be Jewish. Trolls may have too much inferiority complex running around them that they wished they were, however. They are fond of wishful thinking, anyway

There, I've stooped down to you twice already. That's more than enough. Congratulations for wasting my time Grin

bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 05:30:38 AM

Very significant development:

Kiev forces have ousted NAF from the strategically important city of Yenakievo, thereby putting the NAF positions in the city of Gorlovka under siege. Where is the ceasefire now? Also, more importantly where are those people who supported the ceasefire?
Pages: « 1 ... 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 [234] 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 ... 391 »
  Print  

Jump to: