Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 10:04:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 [120] 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 ... 725 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Spondoolies-Tech - carrier grade, data center ready mining rigs  (Read 1259999 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Guy Corem (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1051

Spondoolies, Beam & DAGlabs

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 03:08:33 AM

Where in NJ are you, would be interested in buying them from you, I am in Bergen County.

We'll respect the warranty after changing hand.

New Mimblewimble implementation: https://www.beam.mw
Spondoolies is now part of Blockstream: https://blog.blockstream.com/en-blockstream-mining-builds-momentum-with-spondoolies-acquisition/
Kaspa is a POW cryptocurrencty which implements GhostDAG protocol: https://kaspanet.org/
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 04:36:17 AM

Am I reading this right, to import to the USA you need to give fedex your social security # ?!!!??

Yes, you are required to fill out an Importer's form.  You either provide your tax ID (if you are a business) or your social security number (if you are an individual).  The form is from the Department of Homeland Security, US Customs and Border Protection.  It is an Importer ID Input Record.

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
blaiser

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 04:41:58 AM

Where in NJ are you, would be interested in buying them from you, I am in Bergen County.

We'll respect the warranty after changing hand.

How cool is that! Great to hear and know.

~Blaise

Hey man, can you spare some Teeth - GQZ1mXzbsviarDAjgGeVTRB5GmjyMtFj5N
opentoe
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 04:43:34 AM
Last edit: May 29, 2014, 08:12:04 AM by opentoe

Hey everybody-

Just got my SP10 today and so did my Dad. Both of them work great and we had them up and running in just a few minutes. I also just upgraded the firmware. A little icon exclamation mark near the button "firmware upgrade" appeared, so I upgraded and it only took a few seconds.

One problem I'm having though. The noise. I really didn't think they would be that loud. These are truly meant for the data center and the build design should have clued me in on that when I saw it. My father is also a little perturbed about the noise level. So we are wondering. Can these be ran with the unit opened up and the enterprise fans turned off and use another type fan/blower to keep it cool? Has anyone done this? I know I should have known they were this loud from the design, but for in-home use it may be just a little too loud for me, and my father also. We both agreed we would sleep on it and make a decision soon on what to do. Has anyone here cooled an SP10 in any other way then using the stock enterprise fans? I really DO NOT want to sell it or be without it, but there is a limit to what I'm willing to do.

1. So, if we do decide not to keep our rigs does Spondoolies have anykind of return policy? I looked all over their website and couldn't find anything. I think this is the first thing I have ever purchased without knowing if it had a warranty and if it could be returned or not. I know this is a very touchy subject with companies, but both of them are in perfect working order and of course we'd pay for the shipping cost to send them back. I guess I should send an email to Spondoolie to from their website and ask there also. I don't know if they monitor this thread or not.

2. Me and my Dad both live in NJ. If we made the decision not keep our SP10's would anyone be interested in buying them? They are both already in NJ, so you wouldn't have to wait and could possibly have them up and running this weekend if we made the decision that quickly to sell them.

I myself would really love to keep it, but being that I live in a ranch style house there's really no where to place the unit without it being heard from every room. And then I need to keep the window air conditioner on 24/7 in there to keep the temps at a decent level. I only have a 6000 BTU window unit and that's running on high right now and the temperature in that room is 78 degrees. I'm just thinking ahead a little bit and wondering what kind of melt down I'm going to have when the temperature outside is 95. I

I know I really should have done a little more research, but I really got hung up on getting another miner. I still use and run my KNC Jupiter, which is in the same room...adding to the heat, but that unit run literally silent. I'm usually a more picky buyer and don't buy out of impulse, but what I really feel guilty about is I talked my Dad into buying one also. I told him it would be "noisier" then our KNC's but really didn't tell him it would sound like a Jet Plane. Smiley

I think the Spondoolie is built like a tank and works great. I just wish I had a data center rack somewhere to put it in. It wouldn't be cost effective to lease rack space, since it would cost more then what the miner would bring in. I did send an email to Spondoolie asking them these questions also. Maybe they can just host our SP10's if we are able to ship them back to them, who knows. I don't know how much it cost to lease rack space in a data center, but probably in NJ it is quite high. Maybe that's something else me and good ol' Dad can look into as well.

Well, thanks for listening and sorry for such a long winded post.

Man! I told you! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=521520.msg6864778;topicseen#msg6864778

What did you do with the ones you physically had? Did you have to sell them? My father is more prone to selling his since he lives with his wife and I live alone right now.

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
ManeBjorn
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 05:09:44 AM

I am not sure on the AMP's bu the one I have is pulling right now 1040 watts at the wall on a 20 amp breaker.

2x SP10 finally arrived, US customs released the captives..

Whonesta, I read in the S2 thread that you just took possession of some S2 machines too.
You've got quite a collection going there … adding a SP30 this year too ?

~L)L~

I will have my eyes open come Q3/Q4 ( Cheesy Grin Cheesy)
I plan to move the S1 racks (6xS1) back to the house from DC to heat, so that should open up 4KWs or so.

The SP10 is looking great so far so I can not wait until their Gen2 stuff comes out.

Does anyone know how many AMPS this SP10 takes up during normal operation?

opentoe
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 08:12:52 AM

I am not sure on the AMP's bu the one I have is pulling right now 1040 watts at the wall on a 20 amp breaker.

Whonesta, I read in the S2 thread that you just took possession of some S2 machines too.

~L)L~

I plan to move the S1 racks (6xS1) back to the house from DC to heat, so that should open up 4KWs or so.

The SP10 is looking great so far so I can not wait until their Gen2 stuff comes out.

I think I was told about 9-10 amps.

opentoe
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 08:15:43 AM

How do you configure a pool just to be a backup pool? Just add another pool? No settings on that either, so if it does jump to the second pool, will it ever try to re-connect to the first pool again in a certain amount of time?

wanna4fun

Activity: 119
Merit: 100

noobie

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 08:20:03 AM

careful with the new update. not that it's awesome and that all my unit hash at 1.55+ TH/S but just that it drain much more power with new settings. It killed my pdu in datacenter Cheesy
Thanks SP-Tech for you good job !!

RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 08:26:55 AM

How do you configure a pool just to be a backup pool? Just add another pool? No settings on that either, so if it does jump to the second pool, will it ever try to re-connect to the first pool again in a certain amount of time?

Yes just add another pool. No other setting. It will try to mine from the first pool downwards and yes it will try to re-connect to the first pool, but I don't know the time.

Collider

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 08:34:48 AM

Yes just add another pool. No other setting. It will try to mine from the first pool downwards and yes it will try to re-connect to the first pool, but I don't know the time.
It´s like 10 minutes.
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 11:02:24 AM

What did you do with the ones you physically had? Did you have to sell them? My father is more prone to selling his since he lives with his wife and I live alone right now.

I never got one physically, knew they would be too loud for my particular environment. Why not contact spondoolies and see if they will take back and host for you. Their hosting is top notch! They also have a contact for hosting in the US.

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
QuiveringGibbage

Activity: 617
Merit: 543

http://idontALT.com

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 11:03:37 AM

~L)L~
I think I was told about 9-10 amps.

on 240V it's 12.6A for a pair of SP10.

more here: http://imgur.com/a/mRbMZ#SS8NCCV

Cheers,
QG

Bitcoin is at the tippity top of the mountain...but it's really only half way up.. Wink
Guy Corem (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 11:12:13 AM

Due to Shavuot ("Feast of Weeks", Pentecost) holiday, shipments will be done on Saturday night, Monday and Thursday.

Spondoolies is now part of Blockstream: https://blog.blockstream.com/en-blockstream-mining-builds-momentum-with-spondoolies-acquisition/
Kaspa is a POW cryptocurrencty which implements GhostDAG protocol: https://kaspanet.org/
blaiser

Activity: 99

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 01:13:53 PM

A couple of nice tutorials for an understanding of PDU and your Spondoolies-Tech miner...

Rack Power (PDU) terms and technology
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpX7DrkHkdE&list=UU8ULfEA9cs_JJIPHUTvoyiw

Selecting a rack PDU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxiFO6wZN_4#t=555

Reguards,

~Blaise

Hey man, can you spare some Teeth - GQZ1mXzbsviarDAjgGeVTRB5GmjyMtFj5N
Guy Corem (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 01:29:06 PM

I know that I saw somewhere in the forum the specs for rabbit ears for the SP10. But I can't find it anymore. Only thing aunt google shows me is this:

Has anybody the specifications at hand?

Thanks

http://www.spondoolies-tech.com/products/front-rack-mount-ears

Explanation here:
http://www.spondoolies-tech.com/pages/faq

timmah

Activity: 70

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 01:55:26 PM

Just for me with shipments from DHL they asked for a detailed description of the product, this is what I told them:

These are computers with ASIC chips which sole purpose is to verify transactions through a peer to peer internet network.

There should be no import taxes or fees for tech equipment in the US unlike just about every other country which is good for us and honestly I think it was the big box stores like Walmart, Best Buy, Frys, etc that have enough money to lobby to keep tech imports tax free.  IMHO I honestly think that it is also the great leverage that China has with US with them holding many of our bonds and also being the main tech exporter to USA that also keeps the tech imports tax free.

Try importing anything else... there is as much of a pain and taxes as any other country.  In fact there are many things that have import restrictions and quotas, for something as simple as importing candy for example, if it may have Almonds (or any other agricultural product) in them and it is being imported in a large enough volume to compete with local agriculture they will pose a restriction, even if they are not even whole and just as a part of the candy.  Lots of PIA paperwork, taxes, regulations, etc.  Our fine bureaucracy at work, if this was the case with tech no one but large companies would be able to get any foreign technology so in a way this "relationship" with China and other tech producing countries in Asia is still good for the little guy, hope it stays that way.
CroverNo01

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 02:26:01 PM

If I make order to Scotland/UK - How long will it take to arrive and what is the customs fee like ?

Anyone in the UK got experience - thanks
raskul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 02:27:06 PM

If I make order to Scotland/UK - How long will it take to arrive and what is the customs fee like ?

Anyone in the UK got experience - thanks

superfast.  Grin

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
bobsag3

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 02:27:46 PM

For some reason after multiple successful fedex deliveries... my next order was shipped DHL?
timmah

Activity: 70

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 03:11:53 PM

Hey everybody-

Just got my SP10 today and so did my Dad. Both of them work great and we had them up and running in just a few minutes. I also just upgraded the firmware. A little icon exclamation mark near the button "firmware upgrade" appeared, so I upgraded and it only took a few seconds.

One problem I'm having though. The noise. I really didn't think they would be that loud. These are truly meant for the data center and the build design should have clued me in on that when I saw it. My father is also a little perturbed about the noise level. So we are wondering. Can these be ran with the unit opened up and the enterprise fans turned off and use another type fan/blower to keep it cool? Has anyone done this? I know I should have known they were this loud from the design, but for in-home use it may be just a little too loud for me, and my father also. We both agreed we would sleep on it and make a decision soon on what to do. Has anyone here cooled an SP10 in any other way then using the stock enterprise fans? I really DO NOT want to sell it or be without it, but there is a limit to what I'm willing to do.

1. So, if we do decide not to keep our rigs does Spondoolies have anykind of return policy? I looked all over their website and couldn't find anything. I think this is the first thing I have ever purchased without knowing if it had a warranty and if it could be returned or not. I know this is a very touchy subject with companies, but both of them are in perfect working order and of course we'd pay for the shipping cost to send them back. I guess I should send an email to Spondoolie to from their website and ask there also. I don't know if they monitor this thread or not.

2. Me and my Dad both live in NJ. If we made the decision not keep our SP10's would anyone be interested in buying them? They are both already in NJ, so you wouldn't have to wait and could possibly have them up and running this weekend if we made the decision that quickly to sell them.

I myself would really love to keep it, but being that I live in a ranch style house there's really no where to place the unit without it being heard from every room. And then I need to keep the window air conditioner on 24/7 in there to keep the temps at a decent level. I only have a 6000 BTU window unit and that's running on high right now and the temperature in that room is 78 degrees. I'm just thinking ahead a little bit and wondering what kind of melt down I'm going to have when the temperature outside is 95. I

I know I really should have done a little more research, but I really got hung up on getting another miner. I still use and run my KNC Jupiter, which is in the same room...adding to the heat, but that unit run literally silent. I'm usually a more picky buyer and don't buy out of impulse, but what I really feel guilty about is I talked my Dad into buying one also. I told him it would be "noisier" then our KNC's but really didn't tell him it would sound like a Jet Plane. Smiley

I think the Spondoolie is built like a tank and works great. I just wish I had a data center rack somewhere to put it in. It wouldn't be cost effective to lease rack space, since it would cost more then what the miner would bring in. I did send an email to Spondoolie asking them these questions also. Maybe they can just host our SP10's if we are able to ship them back to them, who knows. I don't know how much it cost to lease rack space in a data center, but probably in NJ it is quite high. Maybe that's something else me and good ol' Dad can look into as well.

Well, thanks for listening and sorry for such a long winded post.

I suggest looking into water cooling, you can place a small car radiator from Amazon and a thermal pad on the bottom of the miner and with a relatively cheap pump (you can get a good USED "Little Giant" impeller pump on ebay for under $100) to move enough water through to keep the miner plenty cool at least on the bottom, you will also need a thermostat to control the pump which is on amazon new for like $15 (even better if you have amazon prime) it is model STC-1000, 110v, you need to get some wires and plugs and sockets for the timer but that is cheap and some fittings and tubing for the radiators and pump.  Then you can get some 12v large radiator fans from 90w (14") to 200w (16") with another larger radiator(s) that you can pipe out a window and evacuate all that heat outside.  Since these radiators are made for cars they can exhaust a lot of heat so for 1-2 miners you may only need 1 radiator per miner then 1 with the fan to cool the water/water solvent mix.  This is all without a chiller, you can get chillers on ebay that should work too but you may not need that for 1-2 miners.

All in all, the cost of this will most likely be cheaper than power for the AC in the heat of summer, cheaper than hosting as at least you will be spending your money on the hardware that you will own.

Just a thought...
Pages: « 1 ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 [120] 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 ... 725 »
  Print  

Jump to: