Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 10:05:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 [119] 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 ... 725 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Spondoolies-Tech - carrier grade, data center ready mining rigs  (Read 1260012 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
raskul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 08:31:22 PM

Hi all.
In the latest FW you have a new cool and useless feature:
If you type %i or %h in the pool user field in the webUI, the miner will replace it with the IP or Hostname respectively.
So, if you are using Eligeus for example, you set yourwallet_%i, and you see the hash breakdown rate in the pool by the IP, and if some miner gives you too little hash you can know who it is.

How cool is that?  Wink

too clever. i'm going back to college to understand what you just said.  Undecided

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DevonMiner

Activity: 471

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 09:07:55 PM

Hi all.
In the latest FW you have a new cool and useless feature:
If you type %i or %h in the pool user field in the webUI, the miner will replace it with the IP or Hostname respectively.
So, if you are using Eligeus for example, you set yourwallet_%i, and you see the hash breakdown rate in the pool by the IP, and if some miner gives you too little hash you can know who it is.

How cool is that?  Wink

zvisha, you asked a question ... the answer is ... really quite cool.

I really like the way you and the Spondoolies team constantly innovate and push development forward ... thank you!

I've had two SP10s for a few weeks now, and I think that's 3 (or 2?) firmware updates in that time.

Keep it up.

ManeBjorn
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 09:14:53 PM

I can vouch for Spondoolies-Tech as well.
Not only are the miners shipping, they are the best miners I have used to date.  The build quality and software is awesome.
http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/news/spondoolies-tech-sp10-dawson-miner-masterpiece-bitcoin-miner/2014/05/28

I have also spoken with Guy Corem the CEO.  They are a dedicated team and company. I am very impressed all around.
http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/news/guy-corem-ceo-spondoolies-tech-speaks-miners-future-mining/2014/05/15

No worries with this company they ship and support their miners.

raskul

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 09:18:25 PM

Not only are the miners shipping, they are the best miners I have used to date.  The build quality and software is awesome.
http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/news/spondoolies-tech-sp10-dawson-miner-masterpiece-bitcoin-miner/2014/05/28

I have also spoken with Guy Corem the CEO.  They are a dedicated team and company. I am very impressed all around.
http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/news/guy-corem-ceo-spondoolies-tech-speaks-miners-future-mining/2014/05/15

a very readable piece of journalism, thanks for sharing.

Zelek Uther

Activity: 700
Merit: 504

Run a Bitcoin node.

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 09:21:28 PM

I agree, the SP10 is a masterpiece.

Run a Bitcoin node, support the network.
ManeBjorn
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 09:25:48 PM

Thanks, I appreciate that.
I had such a great time speaking with Guy Corem.  I have been impressed with their entire business from top to bottom.

jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 09:32:28 PM

I had such a great time speaking with Guy Corem.  I have been impressed with their entire business from top to bottom.

I think 5/5 on price is a bit of a stretch..
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4102
Merit: 1632

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 09:37:35 PM

Sample , just got PM from Spondoolies-Tech new member, Activity :0.  Smiley

Spondoolies-Tech`
There are a number of new accounts created with minor changes to well known members (in this case the reverse apostrophe at the end). Please report these to moderators when you see them, and don't quote their btc address when posting here.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
raskul

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 09:51:20 PM

I had such a great time speaking with Guy Corem.  I have been impressed with their entire business from top to bottom.

Not only are the miners shipping, they are the best miners I have used to date.  The build quality and software is awesome.

I have also spoken with Guy Corem the CEO.  They are a dedicated team and company. I am very impressed all around.

wot, no dividends?  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

ManeBjorn
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 10:27:39 PM

Sorry the stars do not show the percentage.  It is not 5/5 for it price.  It is roughly 4.8/5.  With the build quality and software it is worth the price and with all their discounts and coupons like the set they have on Twitter it is very price competitive and worth every penny.  I did note in the Cons section the price.
I do not have much money at all and if I did I would buy another one.
I really was surprised how well it works and is built.
I will see if I can get the star rating to register the % for the future.
 Smiley

I had such a great time speaking with Guy Corem.  I have been impressed with their entire business from top to bottom.

Not only are the miners shipping, they are the best miners I have used to date.  The build quality and software is awesome.

I have also spoken with Guy Corem the CEO.  They are a dedicated team and company. I am very impressed all around.

rocks
Legendary

Activity: 1153
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 10:44:47 PM

Quick question, how does the SP10 perform with undervolting to conserve power usage? For example instead of 1.4TH/s with 1100W you could hypothetically run at 1.2TH/s with 800W. I'm in a high electric cost region and would be interested in this.

Sorry if this has been covered before, but the thread is rather long at this point.
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 10:49:22 PM

Quick question, how does the SP10 perform with undervolting to conserve power usage? For example instead of 1.4TH/s with 1100W you could hypothetically run at 1.2TH/s with 800W. I'm in a high electric cost region and would be interested in this.

Sorry if this has been covered before, but the thread is rather long at this point.

Yes you can undervolt for greater efficiency. IIRC 1th/s at 700w at the wall.
ManeBjorn
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 11:09:35 PM

Jimmothy is right.
It clocks down as well and is simple to do in the software.
On the low setting I was getting 1.1 th/s and 940 at the wall.
You can go lower if you want as well.

rocks
Legendary

Activity: 1153

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 12:08:26 AM

Jimmothy is right.
It clocks down as well and is simple to do in the software.
On the low setting I was getting 1.1 th/s and 940 at the wall.
You can go lower if you want as well.

Thanks guys, that helps.
opentoe
Legendary

Activity: 1274

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 12:48:41 AM

Hey everybody-

Just got my SP10 today and so did my Dad. Both of them work great and we had them up and running in just a few minutes. I also just upgraded the firmware. A little icon exclamation mark near the button "firmware upgrade" appeared, so I upgraded and it only took a few seconds.

One problem I'm having though. The noise. I really didn't think they would be that loud. These are truly meant for the data center and the build design should have clued me in on that when I saw it. My father is also a little perturbed about the noise level. So we are wondering. Can these be ran with the unit opened up and the enterprise fans turned off and use another type fan/blower to keep it cool? Has anyone done this? I know I should have known they were this loud from the design, but for in-home use it may be just a little too loud for me, and my father also. We both agreed we would sleep on it and make a decision soon on what to do. Has anyone here cooled an SP10 in any other way then using the stock enterprise fans? I really DO NOT want to sell it or be without it, but there is a limit to what I'm willing to do.

1. So, if we do decide not to keep our rigs does Spondoolies have anykind of return policy? I looked all over their website and couldn't find anything. I think this is the first thing I have ever purchased without knowing if it had a warranty and if it could be returned or not. I know this is a very touchy subject with companies, but both of them are in perfect working order and of course we'd pay for the shipping cost to send them back. I guess I should send an email to Spondoolie to from their website and ask there also. I don't know if they monitor this thread or not.

2. Me and my Dad both live in NJ. If we made the decision not keep our SP10's would anyone be interested in buying them? They are both already in NJ, so you wouldn't have to wait and could possibly have them up and running this weekend if we made the decision that quickly to sell them.

I myself would really love to keep it, but being that I live in a ranch style house there's really no where to place the unit without it being heard from every room. And then I need to keep the window air conditioner on 24/7 in there to keep the temps at a decent level. I only have a 6000 BTU window unit and that's running on high right now and the temperature in that room is 78 degrees. I'm just thinking ahead a little bit and wondering what kind of melt down I'm going to have when the temperature outside is 95. I

I know I really should have done a little more research, but I really got hung up on getting another miner. I still use and run my KNC Jupiter, which is in the same room...adding to the heat, but that unit run literally silent. I'm usually a more picky buyer and don't buy out of impulse, but what I really feel guilty about is I talked my Dad into buying one also. I told him it would be "noisier" then our KNC's but really didn't tell him it would sound like a Jet Plane. Smiley

I think the Spondoolie is built like a tank and works great. I just wish I had a data center rack somewhere to put it in. It wouldn't be cost effective to lease rack space, since it would cost more then what the miner would bring in. I did send an email to Spondoolie asking them these questions also. Maybe they can just host our SP10's if we are able to ship them back to them, who knows. I don't know how much it cost to lease rack space in a data center, but probably in NJ it is quite high. Maybe that's something else me and good ol' Dad can look into as well.

Well, thanks for listening and sorry for such a long winded post.

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
ManeBjorn
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 01:06:40 AM

I do not recommend running it with the case off.
The miner is built to pull the air through the layered ASIC boards to cool them properly.  If you open the case it stops the negative pressure that pulls the air over them.
Running on low or quiet is about the quietest it can go unless you undervolt further.
Dogie is working on quieting the PSU fan which accounts for about 1/2 the dB output of the miner.

As for buying them from you I do not have the money or I would.  It is a great miner to have.

If you can find a room in the basement or garage you can run it without disturbing the house tranquility. 

Hey everybody-

Just got my SP10 today and so did my Dad. Both of them work great and we had them up and running in just a few minutes. I also just upgraded the firmware. A little icon exclamation mark near the button "firmware upgrade" appeared, so I upgraded and it only took a few seconds.

One problem I'm having though. The noise. I really didn't think they would be that loud. These are truly meant for the data center and the build design should have clued me in on that when I saw it. My father is also a little perturbed about the noise level. So we are wondering. Can these be ran with the unit opened up and the enterprise fans turned off and use another type fan/blower to keep it cool? Has anyone done this? I know I should have known they were this loud from the design, but for in-home use it may be just a little too loud for me, and my father also. We both agreed we would sleep on it and make a decision soon on what to do. Has anyone here cooled an SP10 in any other way then using the stock enterprise fans? I really DO NOT want to sell it or be without it, but there is a limit to what I'm willing to do.

1. So, if we do decide not to keep our rigs does Spondoolies have anykind of return policy? I looked all over their website and couldn't find anything. I think this is the first thing I have ever purchased without knowing if it had a warranty and if it could be returned or not. I know this is a very touchy subject with companies, but both of them are in perfect working order and of course we'd pay for the shipping cost to send them back. I guess I should send an email to Spondoolie to from their website and ask there also. I don't know if they monitor this thread or not.

2. Me and my Dad both live in NJ. If we made the decision not keep our SP10's would anyone be interested in buying them? They are both already in NJ, so you wouldn't have to wait and could possibly have them up and running this weekend if we made the decision that quickly to sell them.

I myself would really love to keep it, but being that I live in a ranch style house there's really no where to place the unit without it being heard from every room. And then I need to keep the window air conditioner on 24/7 in there to keep the temps at a decent level. I only have a 6000 BTU window unit and that's running on high right now and the temperature in that room is 78 degrees. I'm just thinking ahead a little bit and wondering what kind of melt down I'm going to have when the temperature outside is 95. I

I know I really should have done a little more research, but I really got hung up on getting another miner. I still use and run my KNC Jupiter, which is in the same room...adding to the heat, but that unit run literally silent. I'm usually a more picky buyer and don't buy out of impulse, but what I really feel guilty about is I talked my Dad into buying one also. I told him it would be "noisier" then our KNC's but really didn't tell him it would sound like a Jet Plane. Smiley

I think the Spondoolie is built like a tank and works great. I just wish I had a data center rack somewhere to put it in. It wouldn't be cost effective to lease rack space, since it would cost more then what the miner would bring in. I did send an email to Spondoolie asking them these questions also. Maybe they can just host our SP10's if we are able to ship them back to them, who knows. I don't know how much it cost to lease rack space in a data center, but probably in NJ it is quite high. Maybe that's something else me and good ol' Dad can look into as well.

jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 01:15:34 AM

Hey everybody-

Yet another miner from NJ!

Thankfully I'll be running mine in my basement, so noise shouldn't be an issue for me.  If I had enough power to run 2 more, I'd take them off your hands.  Unfortunately, the little lady might be quite upset if I tell her she can no longer use any electrical appliances whatsoever because I need all the power to mine BTC Smiley

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 01:54:22 AM

Hey everybody-

Man! I told you! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=521520.msg6864778;topicseen#msg6864778

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
minternj

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 02:24:50 AM

Am I reading this right, to import to the USA you need to give fedex your social security # ?!!!??

Warning about Nitrogensports.eu
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=709114.0
midyatspor

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 02:54:29 AM

Where in NJ are you, would be interested in buying them from you, I am in Bergen County.

Hey everybody-

Pages: « 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 [119] 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 ... 725 »
  Print  

Jump to: