Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:08:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 [441] 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355397 times)
Bobsurplus
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 11:25:45 AM

You're a nobody! Shut up already!
LMAO your tail get stepped on?

Thanks for the great morning laugh! Grin

https://twitter.com/GridWorking

Keep trolling troll. 43 full followers! You're a champ!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Dadams

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 11:26:05 AM

So far what I get from the FUD is a projection of their own fears at the loss of integrity of their own coins as a result of being shown up by their biggest competitor. Because in reality it seems to be them that experience the loos of integrity, while Vericoin has taken on new followers as a result.

Already watching a few return to the circle. Couple of my friends were very iffy about bitcoin, now they feel they are safe to get in.

Quite funny to watch.

I have more invested in Vericoin than any other coin apart from Bitcoin.
I really believe in the devs and think they are great.
I am very sorry that they got put in this position today.

But I believe a rollback is not the answer for numerous reasons posted and not refuted or answered and I will refrain from repeating them for fear of becoming monotonous.
I am afraid and I am uncertain, this is true, but so should you be when an exchange can get hacked. They can get away without explaining it. They can carry on functioning without consequence, they can lean on devs to fix their problem.
Part of the problem is that this is now being re-imagined as a good thing.

If you tell me: this is horrible but for me personally the lesser of two evils, then I will believe you.
I will also lose money if there was no rollback but perhaps I need it less than you.
Reavon

Activity: 374
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 11:26:32 AM

Devs created a new branch of the block chain and we as community accepted it by using the new wallet.  End of story!

Tradings on mint pal  and other exchanges which have been made after the attack are documented and will be reversed back by the exchange and the rest will  be funded their damage.

So we do here a perfect time jump in term of financial state,  so everyone can profit now but the fuckin thief.

I don't understand your problem.  Dev don't do any time warp by their own it was a solution presented to the community by their Devs because it happens that today,  because this coin is young,  most of vericoin holder are investors and traders as it is the case with  bitcoin.

Tomorrow you will see that  everything will be fine and mint pal  will enhance security.

Vericoin will be on everyone's mind and in every news paper known as the "unhackable" and mint pal will kiss our ass for saving them their ass.

We are the same coin as before the hard fork but without a 8 million vrc heavy douchebag which can threaten us anytime.

We as community will rise from this and be the REASON for the first decentralized exchange.  Maybe we will be the first creating it.

MADANA
    MARKET FOR DATA ANALYSIS
                ████████████
        ██████                ██████
    ████                                █████
████                                            ███
████        █████████████████      ██
    ████        ██████        ████          ██
        ████        ██        ████                ██
            ████            ████                    ██
                ████    ████                        ██
            ████            ████                  ██
        ████        ██        ████            ██
    ████        ██████        ████    ███
██████████████████        ██████
                                                ██
Securely Bridging the Gap between Data & Insights
« PAX Token|     ⬡Patent Pending  ⬡German Based  ⬡Privacy  ⬡Industry Partners     |PAX Token »
                ████████████
        ██████                ██████
    ████                                █████
████                                            ███
████        █████████████████      ██
    ████        ██████        ████          ██
        ████        ██        ████                ██
            ████            ████                    ██
            ████            ████                  ██
        ████        ██        ████            ██
    ████        ██████        ████    ███
██████████████████        ██████
                                                ██
Facebook     ⬡ANN Thread      Linkedin 
Twitter         Telegram          Bounty ANN
Medium       Whitepaper       ⬡Reddit
mdtspain
Legendary

Activity: 1076
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 11:27:10 AM

Can you see why the Devs MIGHT want to help Mintpal in this situation?
I'll give you a big shiny clue.
It is about trust in Vericoin.
It's about trust in a platform that has Vericoin for sale
It is about being seen to 'do something about it'
It's about not letting the hackers win.

So....to help Mintpal secure their profits and hide that Mintpal fucked everything up, they now destroy the future of the crypto coins?

No, there should be no roll-back.....never!!

Mintpal dont get anymore or less profits. Nothing changes.
It happened once to one very young coin.. it's age and distibution and the fact that is is a speculation coin i.e. not being used in the real world for real world transactions made this course of action safer.
Mintpal aren't hiding anything.. they've admitted they dropped the ball.
It hasn't fucked up anything.

Sorry my friend....It is not a Vericoin problem, you have to see this BIGGER. Your crypto coins are not safe anymore, not even in your wallet or paperwallet.

If any coin can do a roll-back....why not roll back to block#1... There goes all our effort to make digital money....
kewlya

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 11:27:53 AM

the next altcoin that will rise 1000% in 3 days will be the one implementing Proof-of-Rollback. make a coin where you cant roll back the blockchain and get rich fast
GridWorker

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 11:28:14 AM

VRC devs said that the coins did not move on the chain and are not sold in any way. no BTC for the stolen VRC.
For what its worth..
Yes but right now the focus is solely on imaginary scenarios and a small amount of competitors creating mountains out of molehills.

(shhhhh don't let them know that traffic is picking up and life is moving again)

vrc: VBL3M6EzwcYZWeuDpgjG9bDQzTKb4ydiDy
btcsnippers

Activity: 217
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 11:30:02 AM

Ohhh man... it just occurred to me...

VRC devs said that the coins did not move on the chain and are not sold in any way. no BTC for the stolen VRC.
For what its worth..

Kinda smells like Minty fucked up their cold storage , why wouldnt the hacker try and move fast and cash out that makes no sense to me he knows 100% they would notice right away if he took all.
Did Mintpal release anymore info?
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 11:30:14 AM

It's worth about as much as a VRC will be worth in a month or so.

ZERO!

+1

It won't recover from a rollback.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 11:32:01 AM

the next altcoin that will rise 1000% in 3 days will be the one implementing Proof-of-Rollback. make a coin where you cant roll back the blockchain and get rich fast

Proof-of-rollback

Now that is an interesting idea lol

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

TenaciousC

Activity: 608
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 11:33:24 AM

Did they save my investment from harm?
YES
Did the coin show that is safe to put real money into it?
YES
For big investors should i put my money in BTC and let it get robbed or should i put in a coin where the community cares about and its safe VRC?
VRC

from a investors point of view this will say to the markets "HEY I WILL KEEP YOU SAFE NO MATTER WHAT"

BTC also get forked so why this talk? we must be tks otherwise lots of ppl will get is coins stolen.

Kudos to the DEV's and the Community

YES

Hmmm not really agree with you there, let's take my case, i had quite some k VRC on mintpal, it seems I will have not lost any VRC... BUT it's not only the amount of coins, it's more the value of my coins, a realistic scenario is massive vrc dumps comming in at all other exchanges trading vrc and my coins being worth jackshit at the moment I can access them again on mintpal.

Now, I donot say this is the fault of the VRC team, these guys did an amazing job and I can imagine the decision for rollback was not taken lightly... my first reaction was happiness but then I sat back and tought about it a bit longer and could do nothing but conclude this rollback is the worst solution possible.  It destroys the chain of trust, it removed all realworld value from the coin.
No, I'm certainly not trying to FUD cause I'll lose quite some money in this and I truly hoped VRC would be my intermediate ticket to moon... sadly a ticked destroyed by the amateurism that is mintpal.

I can only do 1 legit sugestion here and that is for everybody to pullback all coins from Mintpal, they destroyed again a good thing and they should get seriously punished for it!
GridWorker

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 11:33:28 AM

This is a joke, VRC is dying as of today and you are a chump.
I'll let you know when reality decides to obey you. Grin

Dadams

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 11:35:37 AM

Can someone confirm this for me, it is something I asked earlier today:
Are we going through a rollback
or are we going through a fork?

pnosker: Successfully forked off the stolen #VRC. Wallets compiling. Linux users: Git is good. Clear everything but wallet.dat

Saying the stolen VRC were forked off makes it sound like they have been removed, not returned to Mintpal.
This would make way more sense to me.
But I was told earlier this is not possible.
GridWorker

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 11:35:59 AM

You're a nobody! Shut up already!
LMAO your tail get stepped on?

Thanks for the great morning laugh! Grin

https://twitter.com/GridWorking

Keep trolling troll. 43 full followers! You're a champ!
I'm not on here to have people follow me like lost puppies. I am watching things play out.

You are simply impatient and attempt to sway public opinion towards your best interest.

If you notice my area of interest is not coins, this is simply entertainment, and you are the laugh for the day. Cheesy

kehtolo

Activity: 707

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 11:36:24 AM

What Reavon said, 100%

Totally right.

mtdspain.. this was an exceptional circumstance. I explained, that given the AGE of the coin, the fact that it's not in use in the real world for buying things.. it's a speculation object at the moment, with a lot of upside. That doesn't change for me. The thief got done, not us.

It has happened 1 time.. once and in exceptional circumstances.

Why can't people see that? Circumstance meant that this course of action was both possible (because of AGE / Distribution of the coin (without too many problems)) and workable.

It's an EXCEPTIONAL circumstance.. that has happened 1 TIME in crypto.

If this had of happened 6 months down the line, i doubt the Dev's would have agreed to fork, and it would have been 'eat shit' mintpal.

But 8M coins could destroy this very fucking promising coin in it's infacy.. after all that hard work??

TOTAL NO BRAINER!! and the right thing to do.

And NO - it doesn't mean ANYTHING for other coins or crypto in general. It happened at a stage early enough in the coins life that it was possible to do..

The next 24 hours are critical!
TenaciousC

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 11:37:44 AM

Devs created a new branch of the block chain and we as community accepted it by using the new wallet.  End of story!

Tradings on mint pal  and other exchanges which have been made after the attack are documented and will be reversed back by the exchange and the rest will  be funded their damage.

So we do here a perfect time jump in term of financial state,  so everyone can profit now but the fuckin thief.

I don't understand your problem.  Dev don't do any time warp by their own it was a solution presented to the community by their Devs because it happens that today,  because this coin is young,  most of vericoin holder are investors and traders as it is the case with  bitcoin.

Tomorrow you will see that  everything will be fine and mint pal  will enhance security.

Vericoin will be on everyone's mind and in every news paper known as the "unhackable" and mint pal will kiss our ass for saving them their ass.

We are the same coin as before the hard fork but without a 8 million vrc heavy douchebag which can threaten us anytime.

We as community will rise from this and be the REASON for the first decentralized exchange.  Maybe we will be the first creating it.

How will everybody profit from this? AS soon as my coins are available on mintcrap the value will already be decreased like hell from the selloff on other platforms.

The only fair solution imho is for mintpal to allow users to selloff all coins to them at 24high price from the moment before the rollback
TenaciousC

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 11:40:36 AM

pnosker: Successfully forked off the stolen #VRC. Wallets compiling. Linux users: Git is good. Clear everything but wallet.dat

Saying the stolen VRC were forked off makes it sound like they have been removed, not returned to Mintpal.

Well, good question and if answer negative then why is that as this would be the only good solution.
Stolen coins get destroyed, mintpal buys amount of VRC equal to stolen amount and gives this to all affected users!
GridWorker

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 11:40:57 AM

YES

Hmmm not really agree with you there, let's take my case, i had quite some k VRC on mintpal, it seems I will have not lost any VRC... BUT it's not only the amount of coins, it's more the value of my coins, a realistic scenario is massive vrc dumps comming in at all other exchanges trading vrc and my coins being worth jackshit at the moment I can access them again on mintpal.

Now, I donot say this is the fault of the VRC team, these guys did an amazing job and I can imagine the decision for rollback was not taken lightly... my first reaction was happiness but then I sat back and tought about it a bit longer and could do nothing but conclude this rollback is the worst solution possible.  It destroys the chain of trust, it removed all realworld value from the coin.
No, I'm certainly not trying to FUD cause I'll lose quite some money in this and I truly hoped VRC would be my intermediate ticket to moon... sadly a ticked destroyed by the amateurism that is mintpal.

I can only do 1 legit sugestion here and that is for everybody to pullback all coins from Mintpal, they destroyed again a good thing and they should get seriously punished for it!
You still have your coins, if the competition cannot pull off what they want, why would your coins lose value?

Other than a backfired hack attempt and a ton of FUD there isn't a whole lot the competition can do. (unless they create something to attract everyone, which is largely a fail resulting in their congregation to this thread and focus on FUD development)

Anatavoc

Activity: 57

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 11:41:26 AM

YES
Did the coin show that is safe to put real money into it?
YES
For big investors should i put my money in BTC and let it get robbed or should i put in a coin where the community cares about and its safe VRC?
VRC

from a investors point of view this will say to the markets "HEY I WILL KEEP YOU SAFE NO MATTER WHAT"

BTC also get forked so why this talk? we must be tks otherwise lots of ppl will get is coins stolen.

Kudos to the DEV's and the Community

YES

But the big dumps of coins are always done by people,it's their choice to dump it and loose money,as an investor you have a choice,if you get into coin you suppose to support it,which might mean hold at times..the price doesn't drop on it's own..
GridWorker

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 11:42:36 AM

The only fair solution imho is for mintpal to allow users to selloff all coins to them at 24high price from the moment before the rollback
Good solution if your scenario played out.

Dadams

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 11:43:06 AM

Well, good question and if answer negative then why is that as this would be the only good solution.
Stolen coins get destroyed, mintpal buys amount of VRC equal to stolen amount and gives this to all affected users!

This would also solve the other unspoken problem.
Which is the problem of Mintpal having so big % of the coin in the first place.
From what some have said: big enough to attack the network if they wish.
If people are concerned about ghash.io they should be concerned about this as well.
Pages: « 1 ... 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 [441] 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: