Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:15:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 [444] 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355397 times)
clovis A.
Legendary

Activity: 1206
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 12:50:11 PM

I downloaded the new wallet and backed up my wallet.dat file and everything worked; my wallet was runnung fine for about 15 minutes, but is now out of sync.  What do I do at this point?

|
|
s i a
|
|
|
|
|
Cloud storage is about to change
                          Are you ready?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
loges

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 12:51:26 PM

Everyone here needs to realize that the world isn't familiar with crypto because of things like GOX, ect.

Decentralized, centralized is all a gimmick for paranoid whacka-do's that want to keep this from going mainstream for 1 reason or another. 1 Big reason is if this goes mainstream, Pump and dump groups, and scammers will come under much more scrutiny. Thats why you see all these people here who want the status quo, somehow they benefit from keeping crypto small and out of the mainstream.

If you think the everyday person says to themselves... You know what. I can't buy my tablet... I don't know if the coin is centralized? ARE YOU PEOPLE SERIOUS.

I can't find one person not involved in crypto who even knows what that crap means. This is why it doesn't grow larger, faster. Instead of relating to normal people, Lets talk centralization, cause thats sure to catch peoples interest!

Vericoin wants to use the blockchain to go after a mass audience, not the crypto nuts! There is 1,000 + alts all competing for the same 300-400 million dollars that is being speculated with in the alt market. You are starting to see more lately, instead of communities coming together, they fight for the same money and compete to take each other down, rather than bring them up.

I will take my chances with the community and vericoin team that them setting this precedent will draw in more people to crypto in general, Especially those looking for high quality developers.
But he said he won't do it again, so that tells me this is to benefit present holders and not future ones.
aciddbboy

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 12:54:03 PM

I downloaded the new wallet and backed up my wallet.dat file and everything worked; my wallet was runnung fine for about 15 minutes, but is now out of sync.  What do I do at this point?

You dont need to do anything .

Patrick Nosker ‏@pnosker  2
Don't move your coins around on the #VeriCoin network until it is strong. We might need to resync a few times still. #VRC
pm1978

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

stealthcoin.com

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 12:54:36 PM

Everyone here needs to realize that the world isn't familiar with crypto because of things like GOX, ect.

Decentralized, centralized is all a gimmick for paranoid whacka-do's that want to keep this from going mainstream for 1 reason or another. 1 Big reason is if this goes mainstream, Pump and dump groups, and scammers will come under much more scrutiny. Thats why you see all these people here who want the status quo, somehow they benefit from keeping crypto small and out of the mainstream.

If you think the everyday person says to themselves... You know what. I can't buy my tablet... I don't know if the coin is centralized? ARE YOU PEOPLE SERIOUS.

I can't find one person not involved in crypto who even knows what that crap means. This is why it doesn't grow larger, faster. Instead of relating to normal people, Lets talk centralization, cause thats sure to catch peoples interest!

Vericoin wants to use the blockchain to go after a mass audience, not the crypto nuts! There is 1,000 + alts all competing for the same 300-400 million dollars that is being speculated with in the alt market. You are starting to see more lately, instead of communities coming together, they fight for the same money and compete to take each other down, rather than bring them up.

I will take my chances with the community and vericoin team that them setting this precedent will draw in more people to crypto in general, Especially those looking for high quality developers.

YOU ARE THE MAN! ABSOLUTELY ! This should be the one and only post in this entire thread !

STEALTHCOIN | XST | stealthcoin.com
BLOCKNET : THE INTERNET OF BLOCKCHAINS https://blocknet.co/ | A DECENTRALISED EXCHANGE THAT IS 100% TRUSTLESS.
TenaciousC

Activity: 608
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 12:55:15 PM

value at 32 and decreasing... for f sake, crappy mintpal with their crappy security costing us big time while they think to get away without losing money... Think again mintpal, we'll all move over to a serious platform where we are not getting assraped!
buy4crypto

Activity: 434

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2014, 12:56:18 PM

But he said he won't do it again, so that tells me this is to benefit present holders and not future ones.

This was to protect the coin they said, no more, no less.

It looks as if they already stated that this was a call to action for the team to be the leader in decentralizing exchanges. If they work and create a solution that is better to the current... I think think could be a turning point for all crypto.

Time will tell. For now I put my faith in these guys. They have shown nothing but great communication, and dedication to the community.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
████ - freecrypto.top - btcinfo.top - DIGITAL CURRENCY DIRECTORIES - freeMonero.comfunbtc.xyz  ████
Reavon

Activity: 374

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 12:56:57 PM

I think some huge Wallstreet investors would like the idea to time jump in case of theft...
Bitcoin didn't protect them from theft so...  No brainer for big investors.
Like the real one.  The big Goldman Sachs  and jp  Morgan.

MADANA
    MARKET FOR DATA ANALYSIS
                ████████████
        ██████                ██████
    ████                                █████
████                                            ███
████        █████████████████      ██
    ████        ██████        ████          ██
        ████        ██        ████                ██
            ████            ████                    ██
                ████    ████                        ██
            ████            ████                  ██
        ████        ██        ████            ██
    ████        ██████        ████    ███
██████████████████        ██████
                                                ██
Securely Bridging the Gap between Data & Insights
« PAX Token|     ⬡Patent Pending  ⬡German Based  ⬡Privacy  ⬡Industry Partners     |PAX Token »
                ████████████
        ██████                ██████
    ████                                █████
████                                            ███
████        █████████████████      ██
    ████        ██████        ████          ██
        ████        ██        ████                ██
            ████            ████                    ██
            ████            ████                  ██
        ████        ██        ████            ██
    ████        ██████        ████    ███
██████████████████        ██████
                                                ██
Facebook     ⬡ANN Thread      Linkedin 
Twitter         Telegram          Bounty ANN
Medium       Whitepaper       ⬡Reddit
cryptomommy

Activity: 425

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 12:57:12 PM

One of three wallets back online staking to support vericoin - Personally I am extremely happy with this decision as I am sure all of the Vericoin holders who would of been affected by the hack. Its nice to see someone has your back here in the wild wild west of crypto land.

Now... can we please get more people talking about the importance of keeping your coins off the exchanges!

Thank you devs.

Anatavoc

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 12:57:47 PM

Let's hope such a thing never happen again for future investors sake.Nobody tells you to buy into a coin with a good dev,plenty of those scamy ones you can go for ^^
techbytes
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1054

Point. Click. Blockchain

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 12:58:20 PM

VRC will be trading at 50% of what it's at now in the next day or so.

Mark my words please!

Bob, you know I'm a betting man.  I'll wager you 1 BTC and say that this will not happen.  I'll have to use veribit since all my btc is in vericoin.  

VRC will be just fine, use it everywhere BTC is accepted...  Smiley

To new investors who knows nothing about crypto (mainstream), all they will see is it will be safer holding VRC than BTC after this fiasco.  I guess only time will tell...

and to smoothie, I don't see what you are typing because this is all I see:  BTCBTCBTC LEALANA   PHYSICAL BITCOINS AND LITECOINS . 999 FINE SILVER BTCBTCBTC

I don't have to push the ignore button because your 100 font size signature says it all.

-tb-

battbot

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 01:02:10 PM

VRC will be trading at 50% of what it's at now in the next day or so.

Mark my words please!

Bob, you know I'm a betting man.  I'll wager you 1 BTC and say that this will not happen.  I'll have to use veribit since all my btc is in vericoin.  

VRC will be just fine, use it everywhere BTC is accepted...  Smiley

To new investors who knows nothing about crypto (mainstream), all they will see is it will be safer holding VRC than BTC after this fiasco.  I guess only time will tell...

and to smoothie, I don't see what you are typing because this is all I see:  BTCBTCBTC LEALANA   PHYSICAL BITCOINS AND LITECOINS . 999 FINE SILVER BTCBTCBTC

I don't have to push the ignore button because your 100 font size signature says it all.

-tb-

They will see it safer because rolling back will always be an option? 

Bitcycle

Activity: 420

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 01:02:52 PM

I'm looking forward to all the whiny, overly-dramatic losers dumping all their coins.

I'll be buying them, and laughing at the dumpers tomorrow.

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Casu

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 01:03:03 PM

VRC will be just fine, use it everywhere BTC is accepted...

Why would I want to use VRC (with transactions that can be rolled back) when I can use BTC (with transactions that are final)? Maybe, as you say,  it is safer to hold VRC (as long as it is on a big exchange) over BTC, but it will be worth nothing if you can't spend it because nobody wants to accept it.
Alphi

Activity: 798

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 01:03:09 PM

Many people are missing all the team did.

As soon as VeriCoin was alerted they shut off Veri-bit ect and secured the coin from every way possible. Including an unpopular descision to protect its community from a thief. End of Story, VeriCoin is here to stay, and its here to change the way people view crypto. Live with it.
Such event only hurt whole crypto reputation and shows how easy you can make rollbacks on demand...
Rollback like this will damage image of All alts...

i agree but the potential fallout of a 2 million dollar hack would have been much worse.
just look at vircurex... nothing is happening on that exchange now because they froze user funds to pay for a similar sized hack.

look at coinmarket.io, cryptorush, mtgox etc Im sure those people got their money back too didn't they Wink

the truth is that users will most likely not get their money back if an exchange folds. you can call all the authorities and sue all you want but if the money isn't there then you wont get it back.. This does not just affect vericoin but every coin that is on mintpal. And of course a crisis in confidence affects all exchanges when one collapses.

the press has barely picked up on this hack.. imagine what will happen when they do.

there is no magic solution.. the damage was done when the coins were stolen... actions being done now are about "restoring peoples money" they are about damage control and trying to stop a wave of hysteria from hitting the altcoin community.

from what I can see there isn't much fud here.. just a whole bunch of people who do not know much about crypto currency and how block chains actually work trying to make sense of the situation and venting their frustration.

the truth is that this attack could have happened to any exchange and any coin... in fact statistically it was due to happen at some point... it is only the scale that caused strong and decisive action from mintpal and the devs.

people have a right to be thankful that swift action was taken.. just as they have a right to be concerned about the dangerous precedent it sets.

people also have a right to be angry at mintpal for claiming they have all these security measures in place and then being proven that those claims were not entirely true.

as far as I am concerned mintpal clearly has not learnt from the collapse of many other exchanges and users should be asking the hard questions of them now.

KARMA: KSc9oGgGga1TS4PqZNFxNS9LSDjdSgpC1B      VERT: VgKaooA5ZuLLUXTUANJigH9wCPuzBUBv9H
DOGE:   DRN7pXid34o6wQgUuK8BoSjWJ5g8jiEs4e
Gizfreak
Legendary

Activity: 1162

Allergic to false promises

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 01:03:37 PM

Got my VRC wallet updated to V1.3.2 and staking again.
I just let it overwrite the former one and I'm fine. Don't understand why it is advised to delete everything except the wallet.dat.
Alphi

Activity: 798

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 01:10:34 PM

Got my VRC wallet updated to V1.3.2 and staking again.
I just let it overwrite the former one and I'm fine. Don't understand why it is advised to delete everything except the wallet.dat.

its just cleaner to delete everything and re download the blockchain when there is a hard fork of this magnitude. otherwise you could just have extra files relating to the old chain fork taking up space on your HDD.

keys to your coins are in wallet.dat if you delete that file you delete your access to your coins.

if what you did works and you aren't too worried about files taking up space on your HDD then its all good.

KARMA: KSc9oGgGga1TS4PqZNFxNS9LSDjdSgpC1B      VERT: VgKaooA5ZuLLUXTUANJigH9wCPuzBUBv9H
DOGE:   DRN7pXid34o6wQgUuK8BoSjWJ5g8jiEs4e
buy4crypto

Activity: 434

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2014, 01:10:38 PM

VRC will be just fine, use it everywhere BTC is accepted...

Why would I want to use VRC (with transactions that can be rolled back) when I can use BTC (with transactions that are final)? Maybe, as you say,  it is safer to hold VRC (as long as it is on a big exchange) over BTC, but it will be worth nothing if you can't spend it because nobody wants to accept it.

████ - freecrypto.top - btcinfo.top - DIGITAL CURRENCY DIRECTORIES - freeMonero.comfunbtc.xyz  ████
clovis A.
Legendary

Activity: 1206

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 01:11:08 PM

You dont need to do anything .

Patrick Nosker ‏@pnosker  2
Don't move your coins around on the #VeriCoin network until it is strong. We might need to resync a few times still. #VRC

Thanks, my wallet is back on track and staking again

|
|
s i a
|
|
|
|
|
Cloud storage is about to change
                          Are you ready?
blacky90

Activity: 384
Merit: 117

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2014, 01:13:29 PM

Sorry guys but verishit is dead  Roll Eyes no one will buy a coin  anymore that a person owns 1/3 of their supply

GridWorker

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 01:15:36 PM

Sorry guys but vericoin is dead Undecided no one will buy a coin  anymore that a person owns 1/3 of their supply
July 13th called and said "don't get ahead of yourself".

vrc: VBL3M6EzwcYZWeuDpgjG9bDQzTKb4ydiDy
Pages: « 1 ... 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 [444] 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: