Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:47:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 [450] 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355397 times)
KidenceBgd

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

VeRiCoIn :)

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 03:27:20 PM

We are currently working on a new update to tighten up the fork, please stand by for new wallet later today.  FYI after this is over we will be doing a google hangout to in detail discuss what we did, why we did it and take questions.

WE HAVE BEST DEVS!!!!

I <3 VRC !!!!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
techbytes
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1054

Point. Click. Blockchain

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 03:29:45 PM

We are currently working on a new update to tighten up the fork, please stand by for new wallet later today.  FYI after this is over we will be doing a google hangout to in detail discuss what we did, why we did it and take questions.

Is it safe to move receive funds in my wallet right now?  Or should I wait until the new wallet is released this afternoon?  I noticed that blocks aren't syncing this morning.

Sit tight until further notice...  https://twitter.com/pnosker/status/488642702851198976

-tb-

Seldar

Activity: 333
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 03:30:23 PM

Seems this thread is full of fudders and people trying to ruin the coin! Have seen this same "shiit" at other coins, even 51% attacks that cost money are / were something that happened to another coin for more than a couple of weeks. These kind of attacks / crap was done just to ruin the image from the coin and also the alt scene!

The thread is full of fanboys, blind and unable to think more than one second.
Fanboys have a common behaviour : as soon as someone gives real argument, fanboys have only one answer : "fud"

How old are you guys?

Sorry for my bad english Smiley
Bitcycle

Activity: 420

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 03:31:40 PM

There's pros and cons to the action the devs are taking, and it's not all shiny happy goodness.

But it's also not going to destroy the coin.

Yes, I suspect a lot of not-too-smart people will dump all their coins the instant they can, but I also expect a very fast flash rebound.

Be careful if you try to trade it!  It will be easy to get burned!
surgexvb

Activity: 445
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 03:32:49 PM

Glad to have my money back at least, not sure how I feel about what happened with the fork but oh well.

Thanks VRC Devs for being on your game.

|██████| | ██████SECURE AND LICENSED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE██████ |██████| |
| INVECH |
WHITEPAPER | ANN THREAD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TELEGRAM | MEDIUM | INVECH |
|██████| | ███████JOIN INVECH INITIAL EXCHANGE OFFERING NOW!████████ |██████| |
clovis A.
Legendary

Activity: 1206
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 03:33:21 PM

Is there a new wallet out guys after the problems?

My current wallet wont sync

Download it at their website (and nowhere else)

I downloaded from the website. My wallet seems to be fine, unless I'm staking. After staking for 15-30 minutes my wallet goes out of sync. Anyone have an explanation?

I was having the same issue, I imagine this is the work the developers are doing today to continue to work tirelessly to resolve this issue for the community.

Try to download it with the bootstrap file and be patient, took me like 10 minutes before it looked like it was moving, so save wallet file and redownload, make sure boostrap file is clicked.

I haven't had that issue since the bootstrap DL

I did download with the bootstrap. I followed effects to cause instructions from earlier this morning. Like you said, it must be the work they are doing to strengthen the network because my wallet is good to go again.  I'm just gonna sit tight and see what happens......  Lol, well my wallet is out of sync again.  See what happens i guess.....

save your wallet.dat file, delete all other vericoin files and download it again, make sure you click on the bootstrap box.

I have been staking since the boostrap update with no issue, prior to bootstrap dl, I would freeze with 1000+ blocks unverified. They are working on it.

I'm patient.  I will try what you said though.  Thanks for the assist!  Let you know how it goes....

Okay, I deleted everything but the wallet.dat and dowloaded again, making sure bootstrap box was checked..... Still stuck trying to sync with 1000+ blocks remaining.  FYI, I'm using the Windows download. Any suggestions, or should I just wait until the smoke clears and see what devs have to say once they get a better handle on this?

|
|
s i a
|
|
|
|
|
Cloud storage is about to change
                          Are you ready?
KidenceBgd

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

VeRiCoIn :)

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 03:33:27 PM

There's pros and cons to the action the devs are taking, and it's not all shiny happy goodness.

But it's also not going to destroy the coin.

Yes, I suspect a lot of not-too-smart people will dump all their coins the instant they can, but I also expect a very fast flash rebound.

Be careful if you try to trade it!  It will be easy to get burned!

Sell ​​cheap, buy expensive... lol

jobnotfound

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 03:35:39 PM

Okay, I deleted everything but the wallet.dat and dowloaded again, making sure bootstrap box was checked..... Still stuck trying to sync with 1000+ blocks remaining.  FYI, I'm using the Windows download. Any suggestions, or should I just wait until the smoke clears and see what devs have to say once they get a better handle on this?

Yeah, dev's just announced a new wallet coming through the pipeline today. I think Linux compiles first, then Windows and Mac. Stay tuned.
buy4crypto

Activity: 434

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2014, 03:37:57 PM

Cheers Doug, thank you for the update!

I know that if it was ANY other coin, my money would be gone.

For that I am grateful for yours and the rest of the community's hard work.

You get it! Smiley the 30% effected, the 70% uneffected all stick together. This is a lesson for crypto what can be done when a strong team and community come together.

How does this situation end with any other alt? Surely not with a google hangout to clear the air and bring clarity to the situation.

No No, Im sure you get it, 99% of other alts would have there anon dev go missing and the coin tumble to zero.

What the vericoin developers and community did in the past day has been what the crypto community has needed for months now. We finally get leadership from people with integrity and respect for the community.

We will be stronger than ever, we are VERICOIN!

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
████ - freecrypto.top - btcinfo.top - DIGITAL CURRENCY DIRECTORIES - freeMonero.comfunbtc.xyz  ████
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 03:38:08 PM

I just want to know why they targeted only VRC...

Because it is an easy target... if you own 4.5 million coins. Or, in the immortal words of Gordon Gekko, because "it can be done, damnit!". A 51% attack is a guaranteed success. The Black Hand owns 4.5 million VRC.

Quite simple, really.

Iconic Expert stay the fuck outta this thread you lying sack of shit I wouldn't be surprised if you had something to do with the hack

Douglas, you pretending I am IconicExpert? say it ain't so... you are not supposed to be stupid...

Now, for those REALLY interested in the dangers that VRC faces, besides this theft. And the use of common sense: Go back please to the post of Celani10 on July 6th. There's a wallet that owns 4.5 million coins -there was then at least, by now it probably has been spread through several-. There's NOTHING the developers can do about it (an organized group of "investors" simply accumulate by buying on the open market). Plus, it is, apparently, good for the coin, right? Relatively so. As we have witnessed, a 51% attack, with guaranteed success, is indeed possible with that amount of coins since only 51% of STAKING coins are needed to perpetrate it.

That is is you want to have a guaranteed successful 51% attack. But you stand a very good chance is you perpetrate the attack with much less than 51% of the total coins STAKING. As a matter of fact, you stand a very good chance of success in such an attack even if you control "only" 38% of the STAKING coins or even less. How much % of STAKING coins in VRC is 4.5 million? Well, Patrick and Douglas know exactly but if you use common sense and known facts you will conclude that with 4.5 million VRC you stand a very good chance, if not guarantee, of success. Simple known facts, basic common sense.

Now, for the second consideration, "Mr. Yo soy Boricua pa que tu lo sepas", a well known Black Hand operative with a muddy track record (BC, Cinni), all of a sudden and out of his kind heart work his ass out -quite literally- for weeks to promote VRC in which he has some investment -as per Patrick, around 200,000 VRC- AND writes a "five figure (in dollars) check" to pay for the Bristol PR contract to promote VRC. Such generosity. One has to wonder what motivates Mr Boricua Man to do such things. Is he after the position of Ambassador from UNICEF? nope. He just wants "to be part of something big..." Caustic words that could have quite metaphoric meaning, you be the judge... but just consider what level of profit you must reach on a 200,000 VRC investment for a "gift" of "five figure (in dollars) check", to make any sense --now that we have the possible UNICEF pursuit out of consideration.

So reflect on this and by all means come to some logical conclusions and, above all, potential solutions -for currently there are none nor I can suggest any.

I find the roll back solution adopted both inevitable and a bit of poetic justice letting the crooks holding the bag of crap... for now. But, admittedly, this cannot be a model for such solutions in the future so, how do we respond to the obvious -and quite cheap, actually- threat of a 51% attack situation that a group like the Black Hand -and, mind you, there are many others already formed and forming at the moment- can perpetrate at any moment? What are the implications? Are there potential solutions?

One more consideration: Everyone is advocating for "staking" now. This is simply wrong for a coin that expects to reach mainstream: Coins need to be SPENT and Exchanged. For goods and for other valuables -including other coins and currencies- otherwise it will be going in the opposite direction of mainstream. Staking, in and of itself, will precisely mean the opposite of what VRC is supposed to become.
buy4crypto

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2014, 03:39:53 PM

Is there a new wallet out guys after the problems?

My current wallet wont sync

Download it at their website (and nowhere else)

I downloaded from the website. My wallet seems to be fine, unless I'm staking. After staking for 15-30 minutes my wallet goes out of sync. Anyone have an explanation?

I was having the same issue, I imagine this is the work the developers are doing today to continue to work tirelessly to resolve this issue for the community.

Try to download it with the bootstrap file and be patient, took me like 10 minutes before it looked like it was moving, so save wallet file and redownload, make sure boostrap file is clicked.

I haven't had that issue since the bootstrap DL

I did download with the bootstrap. I followed effects to cause instructions from earlier this morning. Like you said, it must be the work they are doing to strengthen the network because my wallet is good to go again.  I'm just gonna sit tight and see what happens......  Lol, well my wallet is out of sync again.  See what happens i guess.....

save your wallet.dat file, delete all other vericoin files and download it again, make sure you click on the bootstrap box.

I have been staking since the boostrap update with no issue, prior to bootstrap dl, I would freeze with 1000+ blocks unverified. They are working on it.

I'm patient.  I will try what you said though.  Thanks for the assist!  Let you know how it goes....

If that didn't work then IMO just hold tight if you don't need to move any funds. Within a couple hours we will likely need to update.

████ - freecrypto.top - btcinfo.top - DIGITAL CURRENCY DIRECTORIES - freeMonero.comfunbtc.xyz  ████
buy4crypto

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2014, 03:41:13 PM

Mintpal has said it doesn't stake its coins due to accounting issues with interest. Get your facts straight

Barabass FUD FUD

leckey

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 03:42:52 PM

bet there are a few gambling sites that take vrc.. what about them

Not thrilled, it must be said.

pnosker

Activity: 504

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 03:45:31 PM

Because it is an easy target... if you own 4.5 million coins. Or, in the immortal words of Gordon Gekko, because "it can be done, damnit!". A 51% attack is a guaranteed success. The Black Hand owns 4.5 million VRC.

Quite simple, really.

Iconic Expert stay the fuck outta this thread you lying sack of shit I wouldn't be surprised if you had something to do with the hack

Douglas, you pretending I am IconicExpert? say it ain't so... you are not supposed to be stupid...

Now, for those REALLY interested in the dangers that VRC faces, besides this theft. And the use of common sense: Go back please to the post of Celani10 on July 6th. There's a wallet that owns 4.5 million coins -there was then at least, by now it probably has been spread through several-. There's NOTHING the developers can do about it (an organized group of "investors" simply accumulate by buying on the open market). Plus, it is, apparently, good for the coin, right? Relatively so. As we have witnessed, a 51% attack, with guaranteed success, is indeed possible with that amount of coins since only 51% of STAKING coins are needed to perpetrate it.

That is is you want to have a guaranteed successful 51% attack. But you stand a very good chance is you perpetrate the attack with much less than 51% of the total coins STAKING. As a matter of fact, you stand a very good chance of success in such an attack even if you control "only" 38% of the STAKING coins or even less. How much % of STAKING coins in VRC is 4.5 million? Well, Patrick and Douglas know exactly but if you use common sense and known facts you will conclude that with 4.5 million VRC you stand a very good chance, if not guarantee, of success. Simple known facts, basic common sense.

Now, for the second consideration, "Mr. Yo soy Boricua pa que tu lo sepas", a well known Black Hand operative with a muddy track record (BC, Cinni), all of a sudden and out of his kind heart work his ass out -quite literally- for weeks to promote VRC in which he has some investment -as per Patrick, around 200,000 VRC- AND writes a "five figure (in dollars) check" to pay for the Bristol PR contract to promote VRC. Such generosity. One has to wonder what motivates Mr Boricua Man to do such things. Is he after the position of Ambassador from UNICEF? nope. He just wants "to be part of something big..." Caustic words that could have quite metaphoric meaning, you be the judge... but just consider what level of profit you must reach on a 200,000 VRC investment for a "gift" of "five figure (in dollars) check", to make any sense --now that we have the possible UNICEF pursuit out of consideration.

So reflect on this and by all means come to some logical conclusions and, above all, potential solutions -for currently there are none nor I can suggest any.

I find the roll back solution adopted both inevitable and a bit of poetic justice letting the crooks holding the bag of crap... for now. But, admittedly, this cannot be a model for such solutions in the future so, how do we respond to the obvious -and quite cheap, actually- threat of a 51% attack situation that a group like the Black Hand -and, mind you, there are many others already formed and forming at the moment- can perpetrate at any moment? What are the implications? Are there potential solutions?

One more consideration: Everyone is advocating for "staking" now. This is simply wrong for a coin that expects to reach mainstream: Coins need to be SPENT and Exchanged. For goods and for other valuables -including other coins and currencies- otherwise it will be going in the opposite direction of mainstream. Staking, in and of itself, will precisely mean the opposite of what VRC is supposed to become.

Socal isn't Doug.

Support the VeriFund Endowment.
VRC: VFEndownxxnHea9mv59kZx8c7TysGbndYx
Artoodeetoo

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 03:46:45 PM

Oh dear.. Ie is here... Bad thing happen when that Muppet is involved.. Barabbas, you were caught out, you are ie. Why don't you just get lost.

DASH #DashDC #DashIntoDigitalCash
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 03:51:29 PM

Quite simple, really.

Socal isn't Doug.

That makes sense.

Patrick, would you address the points risen in my post at the hangout?

Oh, and congrats on continuing being the good guys on this.
buy4crypto

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2014, 03:54:49 PM

I think my question will be for the hangout.

Do you think in hind site you would do it again.

and

How will this effect the VeriCoin brand in your opinion.

I would do it again, and I think it helps the brand from a personal opinion, but that would be good to hear from devs. I dunno, anyone got questions to start asking? Maybe we can get a list. Hard questions, Fun ones. We should have a bit of everything.

Remember, we are all real people, with real interests in 1 thing or another. We have a lot of serious work to get to, but we need to have some humility in all this.

This is a really tough situation. Never been more proud to be in crypto currency than today. Regardless of outcome. We did what was right today. And the markets will just have to figure out if they like it in the end.

I wont sell a damn VRC, not even for services like I had planned.  I am taking a few thousand offline and sending the others to stake from from my bros account on cryptsy. I never been more impressed by a team / community than this. In the face of repeat attacks from criminals wishing to keep crypto niche so they can continue to be a big players in a small market.

Once the market gets to big, these pump groups need to get bigger or die. And usually they can't get to big because of greed and egos. They tend to always fall apart.

Relaxedsense

Activity: 809
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 03:55:00 PM

Hang in there DEVS! You guys are awesome, and only did what was best for the community.

Cheers
BadAss.Sx
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Bulletproof VPS/VPN/Email @ BadAss.Sx

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2014, 03:55:37 PM

Vericoin= the paypal of crypto Cheesy Grin

Hi fudhole, we don't care about the shit what is coming out of your mouth. We know, and you also, that this coin is here to stay. So please, fud more and more and more and eventually i pick up the cheaper ones. And again...and again, just to let you know your shit ain't worked for 1 second.

So keep working for me bitch. This is a new form of slavery. I get everything and you get nothing but shit all over your cumface.

Like it already?
buy4crypto

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2014, 04:01:39 PM

Straw poll shows overwhelming support for the Fork.

Please vote if you have not, We should post these results in the google hangout.

Go vote against it if you disagree. Its the best way to see what the community thinks whether you agree or disagree, please go vote.

http://strawpoll.me/2108265

Pages: « 1 ... 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 [450] 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: