Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:22:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 [647] 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355397 times)
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 05:45:09 AM

Other crypto currency coins that are currently valued higher than Vericoin (in no particular order)...
- Primecoin
- Quart
- Bytecoin
- Stellar
- Feathercoin
- Monacoin
- Zetacoin
- Neutrino
- Namecoin
- Mastercoin

I mean seriously for a second. All any coin is - is a software. To transmit money. People seriously find Quart! Fucking Quart!! A more valuable software program, without any active develpoment team mind you, a more sophisticated and valuable software program than Vericoin? It just blows my mind.  

Lots of coins are better than one that was rolled back like the federal reserve controlled it.  Tongue

Security of the block chain is very important. Given how easily VRC was vulnerable to an exchange hack which made the devs want to act as the Federal Reserve is enough reason for me to never want to touch VRC with a 1000 foot pole.

Price has spoken to confirm my suspicions over the last 4 weeks.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 05:45:56 AM

oh and still falling: LAST 0.00007846 BTC   Roll Eyes

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

Xosihc

Activity: 538
Merit: 500

Hello

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 05:46:50 AM

Other crypto currency coins that are currently valued higher than Vericoin (in no particular order)...
- Primecoin
- Quart
- Bytecoin
- Stellar
- Feathercoin
- Monacoin
- Zetacoin
- Neutrino
- Namecoin
- Mastercoin

I mean seriously for a second. All any coin is - is a software. To transmit money. People seriously find Quart! Fucking Quart!! A more valuable software program, without any active develpoment team mind you, a more sophisticated and valuable software program than Vericoin? It just blows my mind.  

Lots of coins are better than one that was rolled back like the federal reserve controlled it.  Tongue

That was such an insignificant event that was blown so far out of proportion. I have yet to hear from 1 person or company that was effected by it.

Edit: oh, other than the hacker who tried to steal millions of dollars worth or vericoin, who still to this day has decided to remain anonymous.
Xosihc

Hello

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 05:48:26 AM

oh and still falling: LAST 0.00007846 BTC   Roll Eyes

I still am waiting for it to go lower =p that's the best part Wink
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 05:54:11 AM

- Primecoin
- Quart
- Bytecoin
- Stellar
- Feathercoin
- Monacoin
- Zetacoin
- Neutrino
- Namecoin
- Mastercoin

That was such an insignificant event that was blown so far out of proportion. I have yet to hear from 1 person or company that was effected by it.

Edit: oh, other than the hacker who tried to steal millions of dollars worth or vericoin, who still to this day has decided to remain anonymous.

You forget the devs set the rules in place when they launched VRC. To go back on it because a business fucked up is an epic fail.

Not to mention what happens the next time there is a very large VRC hack or scam? ROLL BACK LIKE WAL-MART? lol Cheesy

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

Xosihc

Hello

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 06:01:45 AM

You forget the devs set the rules in place when they launched VRC. To go back on it because a business fucked up is an epic fail.

Not to mention what happens the next time there is a very large VRC hack or scam? ROLL BACK LIKE WAL-MART? lol Cheesy

Again, it really meant nothing. 1st off - it effected no body (because it's so early in development no one is really using it for e-commerce). 2nd - the community could have stepped up and denied the rollback if they wanted to (it still took a majority of wallets to upgrade to make the change happen). Because of point #1 - the community could have cared less to do point #2.

In the future - if VRC has a more important role (say Veribank is a huge success) and a major hack happens. The entire community would still have to stand behind another rollback to make it actually successful. It's not just up to the devs.
fox19891989

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 06:29:17 AM

why the price drops a lot, because of roll back? Cry
socal

Activity: 532

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 06:44:06 AM

at this point its really anyones guess maybe hardcore accumulation in anticipation of weekend releases or dumping because of lack of confidence either way its having the same effect, which is price staying low

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
flex65

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 06:47:02 AM

every single day I am horrified. Price lower and lower, I do not fully understand "why?".
It seems that was the peak at 50k, which VRC will never see...
Sorry investment and faith in the VRC. Developers pretend that nothing has happened, it is also sad.
setup

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 07:17:09 AM

As long as i trust the devs (and I do), i will invest more and more in Vericoin. I get another small amount of BTC today and will buy more VRC. I'm pretty sure it pays out.

https://litebit.eu/registration/de/3337ouEH2M/
Add a VRC banner to your Website & support VERICOIN
yoshiwatusi

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 07:22:16 AM

every single day I am horrified. Price lower and lower, I do not fully understand "why?".
Sorry investment and faith in the VRC. Developers pretend that nothing has happened, it is also sad.

yeah.. this perplexes me too.. devs not being concerned of the downward spiral
MAD945

Activity: 658

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 07:27:26 AM

What do you want the devs to do exactly?

Push the magical button that makes the price go up? The market is being pushed down by manipulators...plain and simple.
yoshiwatusi

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 07:33:43 AM

What do you want the devs to do exactly?

Push the magical button that makes the price go up? The market is being pushed down by manipulators...plain and simple.

rollback the price perhaps?
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 07:50:33 AM

This the inevitable and ever repeated situation when panic and despair start hitting even the most recalcitrant cheerleaders and choirboys: The have lost 90% of what it once was. In a few weeks. Understandable. As, as usual, looking at the devs hopping for some magic trick to at least provoke a bounce to... maybe half what it was? How 25k sounds just about now? Most would have had enough, cash their chips and say "sorry, nice guys, but I cannot stand the pressure. I'm out". Has happened in dozens of coins before and is happening in VRC, inexorably, right now.

Are the devs concerned? You bet they are. They cannot do anything, though, other than what they did yesterday (announcing a "secret weapon" announcement -redundancy intended), come weekend. They too, where they had $80k now have just about $10K. They too are hurting. And more than anyone would like to see it rebound. But there's nothing they can do... short of spending their private money in buying more VRC... which maybe some of them are actually doing. To no discernible avail. The dumping continues. Now on panic mode, I'm sure those staking wallets have started to move coins to the exchanges to unload and salvage at least a 10th of what was and at least some of their initial investment. The "secret weapon" announcement? No credibility left. The few people that is buying any crypto is buying only a handful of coins, those with the biggest volume and a bit of Nautilus in hopes it'll rebound even more when they enact the POS. Nothing left for any others and definitely no buyers in VRC, only sellers. So, price at lows again. Two plus two will always add to four.

Now, the real question here is, is this community capable of sustaining VRC. And the obvious answer is, definitely no. Not enough, sorry. Everyone than can and want to help, has already bought as much as they could. And there are still some 7-9 million coins that want to be sold every day no matter how low the price. IF the community doesn't buy those coins, the price will continue going down. As simple as that. Now, IF the community buys the coins, there will not be a market ... unless demand is created somehow. Perhaps the "secret weapons" announcement will be something much more than a white paper and some in crypto will rush to buy... that is a very hard scenario to fathom now but if it happens, provided the community controls the entire float, the rebound could be swift and very big, but, like I said before, I doubt very much that if some in the community can  get some BTC to buy those 7 million, they are going to hold without selling on a significant rebound. And then we will have the exact same case Blackcoin is having for many weeks now.

So those are the reasons for the despair, frustration and crying for devs' help. Same old, same old.

Stating this factual truth, for a couple of now-jaded cheerleaders, is me shitting in the hand where I eat... that's funny. I have eaten a bit on the hands of a few coins, PINK and NAUT of late, but very, very little on VRC. I mam, like about a thousand of others, holding a significant -for me- bag and booking a few gains in the rare moments one can get them for about ten seconds. They believe -amazingly- that if a post here the kind of nonsense they like -patience, nothing is wrong, VRC is the best, we will get to $1 per coin and the other nonsense-, that will actually have an effect on the price. Like I said: Amazing, simply Wow. Actually, WOW.

Now what's really funny, delirious even, is the personal interest of a few in my personal stats... But hey, when there's interest, there should be money. And I am all for money, so I'll tell you what: I can be much more... everything than I am here on pay-per-view. Get together and make me an offer and I guarantee you a much more funny, incredibly much more professional Google hangout that you will ever see the devs here deliver.ine, I repeat, is far from free.

But I'll accept payment in VRC... although this decision is only valid temporarily and can be revoked without notice. I'm sure you will understand, given the circumstances...

Come on boys, 50 takers and you are on!
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 08:17:49 AM

Here is your problem....the devs shouldn't be concerned with price. They should be concerned with ONLY developing and not playing Federal Reserve.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

MAD945

Activity: 658

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 08:39:04 AM

Here is your problem....the devs shouldn't be concerned with price. They should be concerned with ONLY developing and not playing Federal Reserve.

Ok Bob...
rubenaco

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

NXT FORUM MÁS Y MEJOR

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 08:40:44 AM
Last edit: August 13, 2014, 10:22:04 AM by rubenaco

developers did the right thing by reversing blockchain

would have done the same.

it's difficult for a new currency to suffer a loss of 30% of their emission

veribit concept provides a great attraction for the currency

I'll hold my vrc to the end, you have my confidence, but they are right, do not worry the price, development worry!

Greetings and I hope good news

open your mind!!
GaliX

Activity: 504

1NtkLdA98eGnsn8nEKpBGRd2VYGNBkGzd6

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2014, 09:39:15 AM

Could you pleas stop with your uneducated and stupid comments about the mintpal theft?

VRC was dead the moment Mintpal was hacked and the coins were stolen. The network would have been insecure and therefor without any value.

The developers gave us the option the make the coin valuable again and this was only possible with a Blockchain rollback before the hack.
It was an option the developers gave everybody. It was nut ruled. You had the choise: Either stay on the insecure Blockchain or join the new Blockchain which can be trusted again.
Ofc people chose the way they are not losing everything they have.

Why do you leave your stupid comments here?

Trade:   Forex (€/$...) - Stocks(Apple, Google..) - Commodities(Gold, Oil...) and Indices(S&P 500, Dax...)
All with BTCitcoin only -----   https://1broker.com ----- up to 200x Leverage & since 2012 ---
Reavon

Activity: 374

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 10:46:54 AM

Because they accumulate the cheap coins. Big whales are very angry that so less vericoin are on the market to sell , everyone is staking and holding. This is one of the most aggressiv price manipulation since litecoin.

Such pressure always gets realeased one day into hyper pump of 30x -40x in one week. Stay tuned just saying

LTC -> from 10 $ to 1$ -> 34$ last year .

VRC .30$ to 0.03$ -> 2$ this year?

Its is just not normal such a awesome community and devs gets ripped apart so hard, the price now is unreal and everyone who selling now isnt worth of vrc holding , maybe they can jump in at 1$ in 3 weeks again if they are lucky.

MADANA
    MARKET FOR DATA ANALYSIS
                ████████████
        ██████                ██████
    ████                                █████
████                                            ███
████        █████████████████      ██
    ████        ██████        ████          ██
        ████        ██        ████                ██
            ████            ████                    ██
                ████    ████                        ██
            ████            ████                  ██
        ████        ██        ████            ██
    ████        ██████        ████    ███
██████████████████        ██████
                                                ██
Securely Bridging the Gap between Data & Insights
« PAX Token|     ⬡Patent Pending  ⬡German Based  ⬡Privacy  ⬡Industry Partners     |PAX Token »
                ████████████
        ██████                ██████
    ████                                █████
████                                            ███
████        █████████████████      ██
    ████        ██████        ████          ██
        ████        ██        ████                ██
            ████            ████                    ██
            ████            ████                  ██
        ████        ██        ████            ██
    ████        ██████        ████    ███
██████████████████        ██████
                                                ██
Facebook     ⬡ANN Thread      Linkedin 
Twitter         Telegram          Bounty ANN
Medium       Whitepaper       ⬡Reddit
buy4crypto

Activity: 434

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2014, 10:49:09 AM
Last edit: August 13, 2014, 11:15:18 AM by buy4crypto

I am accumulating here with btc am getting from a couple Antminer S3 mining sha-256. Everyday getting VRC now this past week. I am not very excited about promises, but this "BIG" thing will be a great test. It can be the last straw for me, or the start of the next leg up.

IMO the promises have often come up short. I will be waiting with hopeful anticipation of the announcement. I have to say though, I will be done with this coin for good if the BIG news is a let down, or more promises. This is a time to have some action taken. The whole market is in a lul. We have 2 options, join the crowd and let our currency go to shitville, or fight for it with hard work, and dedication to spreading awareness for VeriCoin.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
████ - freecrypto.top - btcinfo.top - DIGITAL CURRENCY DIRECTORIES - freeMonero.comfunbtc.xyz  ████
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Pages: « 1 ... 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 [647] 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: