Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 12:26:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 [685] 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355397 times)
ereborltc

Activity: 966
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 10:24:06 PM

PROJECT JUGGERNAUT

-But who is this Dev and how can we be assured that the Vericoin price will respond and lift all boats higher.
In short, noone can guarantee prices but both I and the Devs have reviewed the 4th Dev's work and I feel confident he would be a tremendous, game changing type addition to the team.  Vericoin would immediately get very valuable technology that no other crypto coin has.  He is also very well known with an impeccable reputation and proven execution at delivering code that results in strong coin price appreciation.  This is why Pat has said that "this is a good idea" if the community can get behind it and I believe Doug also knows bringing this guy on could make Vericoin a potential top altcoin.  

-drkman/snapples/BigSnapples

I like the premise but to be honest, I haven't reviewed his work besides the websites related to them... so we aren't quite ready to sign off yet on this project. But if someone wants to help VeriCoin in ways we haven't considered as this developer appears to have suggested, there's no reason why we wouldn't be accepting of them. I am very concerned about the raising of almost 4% of the total coinage for a single person, however. I'm not sure it can be done. Yes, I will donate 50,000 coins myself if I believe it will benefit VeriCoin sufficiently.

The other devs and I haven't had much time to focus on this yet as we're working on what we were planning on announcing this past weekend. We will discuss this thoroughly after the announcement and will give it our due diligence. Of course, we'll have to talk to this potential developer, too.

It's also important to note that VeriCoin is not the project of the developers but the owners. Anyone can build anything for it. That's the beauty of open source. So if the community is on board, we will support the plans of the community. Keep the good ideas rolling in and if 1M VRC can be raised for a 4th developer, who's to say they don't belong?
awesome.. perfect response.. just what i wanted to hear!

+1

Legendary / Hero Member

█████
█████   ▄▄██████▄▄
█████▄██████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
███████▀  ▄▄██▄▄  ▀█████▄
██████   ██▀  ▀██   █████
█████▌   ██▄▄▄
█████▌    ▀▀▀███▄
 █████   ██▄  ▄██   █████
 ▀█████▄  ▀▀██▀▀  ▄█████▀
  ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀██████████████▀▀
        ▀▀██████▀▀

.BILLSCASH.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Decentralized Microtask Platform on the Blockchain.
.With Encrypted User to User Messages.
  ───────
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Twitter
Facebook
Reddit

LinkedIn
Github

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 10:26:51 PM

PROJECT JUGGERNAUT

-But who is this Dev and how can we be assured that the Vericoin price will respond and lift all boats higher.
In short, noone can guarantee prices but both I and the Devs have reviewed the 4th Dev's work and I feel confident he would be a tremendous, game changing type addition to the team.  Vericoin would immediately get very valuable technology that no other crypto coin has.  He is also very well known with an impeccable reputation and proven execution at delivering code that results in strong coin price appreciation.  This is why Pat has said that "this is a good idea" if the community can get behind it and I believe Doug also knows bringing this guy on could make Vericoin a potential top altcoin.  

-drkman/snapples/BigSnapples

I like the premise but to be honest, I haven't reviewed his work besides the websites related to them... so we aren't quite ready to sign off yet on this project. But if someone wants to help VeriCoin in ways we haven't considered as this developer appears to have suggested, there's no reason why we wouldn't be accepting of them. I am very concerned about the raising of almost 4% of the total coinage for a single person, however. I'm not sure it can be done. Yes, I will donate 50,000 coins myself if I believe it will benefit VeriCoin sufficiently.

The other devs and I haven't had much time to focus on this yet as we're working on what we were planning on announcing this past weekend. We will discuss this thoroughly after the announcement and will give it our due diligence. Of course, we'll have to talk to this potential developer, too.

It's also important to note that VeriCoin is not the project of the developers but the owners. Anyone can build anything for it. That's the beauty of open source. So if the community is on board, we will support the plans of the community. Keep the good ideas rolling in and if 1M VRC can be raised for a 4th developer, who's to say they don't belong?
awesome.. perfect response.. just what i wanted to hear!

+1

Sadly, we have morons in the house...
ereborltc

Activity: 966

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 10:32:32 PM

im loving this .. finally ppl ignoring barabbas lol ...

Legendary / Hero Member

█████
█████   ▄▄██████▄▄
█████▄██████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
███████▀  ▄▄██▄▄  ▀█████▄
██████   ██▀  ▀██   █████
█████▌   ██▄▄▄
█████▌    ▀▀▀███▄
 █████   ██▄  ▄██   █████
 ▀█████▄  ▀▀██▀▀  ▄█████▀
  ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀██████████████▀▀
        ▀▀██████▀▀

.BILLSCASH.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Decentralized Microtask Platform on the Blockchain.
.With Encrypted User to User Messages.
  ───────
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Twitter
Facebook
Reddit

LinkedIn
Github
H4Y35

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 10:42:50 PM

im loving this .. finally ppl ignoring barabbas lol ...
Whose barabbas? Oh yeah...I don't give a shit.
socal

Activity: 532

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 10:48:21 PM

While Project Juggernaut has its merits I'm with Pat I would like the full name location and past work experience of this 4th Dev if we are to give him 1 million VRC, Since he has agreed to a tiered payout systems would he be willing to begin work on a trial basis if say the first 100k or 150k are raised, I'm sure that if he proves his worth then the donations will come flowing in and also I agree donations for this should go to the VeriFund to keep things above board, all in all if this 4th Dev is willing to compromise with us then I support this wholeheartedly we could always use another set of experienced hands working on furthering VRC

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Shinraven

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 10:49:58 PM

I agree with Pat, focus on whatever you guys have to announce, then once that is in place,  let the team & community weight in on this.

The requested amount is a lot, however without knowing who this talented dev is it might be hard to convince others

Never a bad idea to expand & grow your team if the dev is indeed worth it .
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 11:01:10 PM

For those that have trouble understanding euphemisms:

-  "Expand" = Bringing in someone that actually knows what he is doing.
-  "Another set of capable hands" = Bringing in someone who actually knows what he is doing.

Oh I'll keep on translating...
xtent

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 11:07:56 PM

-  "Another set of capable hands" = Bringing in someone who actually knows what he is doing.

Weren't you just all about a supposed "Vericoin Day"?
Seems someone is butthurt that their idea is not going to happen.
Shinraven

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 11:16:45 PM

Translate teamwork, respect, optimistic.

Key aspects you seem to severely lack. since you claimed to have invested in this coin I will respect you for that. You also have the right to be cautious too, that i agree on with you.

However, calling people clowns or worst judge someone you have never met, yet here you are bashing away. I previously mentioned this: You are harsh and quick to judge.
Shinraven

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 11:22:37 PM

Popcorn.gif  *in before long rant from barb  Roll Eyes
kasman5

Activity: 56
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 11:25:49 PM

get very valuable technology that no other crypto coin has

So if no other Crypto has it then there is no historical proof to back up that it will raise the price. If this technology is as good as your saying it would have been released already.

The devs admitedly are important for the price in the short term but long term it's more about the services built around the coin that will raise the price. I'm learning to code myself for this exact reason. Also if we are wanting to become a currency that is used for everyday purchases then we should be focusing our attention on knocking down the barriers of entry to purchase Vericoin. The proposed idea of Veribit in reverse using coinbase to give the illusion that it is a direct purchase is a brilliant idea from the devs.

Trade bitcoin futures contracts with high leverage SmileySmiley Click Here (https://www.bitmex.com/register/n1ifPv)Smiley
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 11:44:25 PM

Weren't you just all about a supposed "Vericoin Day"?
Seems someone is butthurt that their idea is not going to happen.

I was all about doing something to get somewhere.

I withdrew of "my idea" shortly after corroborating that it did not have the enthusiastic support I demanded (and the idea required), from the dev team.

Oh and I was as critic as you can be of three stooges running this project long before I tried to salvage it, so nothing to do with "Vericoin Day".
Xosihc

Activity: 538

Hello

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 11:52:20 PM
Last edit: August 21, 2014, 01:20:07 AM by Xosihc

[...]I am quite sure you will find some way of having me illustrated on the subject?

barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 12:02:18 AM

Translate teamwork, respect, optimistic.

Key aspects you seem to severely lack. since you claimed to have invested in this coin I will respect you for that. You also have the right to be cautious too, that i agree on with you.

However, calling people clowns or worst judge someone you have never met, yet here you are bashing away. I previously mentioned this: You are harsh and quick to judge.

OK. Teamwork here = Socal and the cheerleaders shout "Go Patrick" while Nokster hits the bathroom during a hangout.

Respect = You quietly post 10 times that VRC will be @ 100k sat in the relatively near future, because it has "great devs that always deliver" (Huh??)

Optimistic = 100% certified delusional. Or Raevon, whichever comes first.

It is quite preposterous that you would pretend to even remotely know anything about what I lack and don't. Like respecting someone for investing in a coin (wow!).

I tend to call clowns, well clowns -an endearing profession worth of all my respect and then some, by the way-. The stooges were kind of clowns so I will accept that. It would be an insult, or even disrespect, if applied to someone or a team that has clear objectives and an equal clear path to, right or wrongly, go towards it. The Stooges never had that. Instead, they went around doing the craziest things will doing nothing at all... sounds familiar? Yes I am a bit harsh... only after corroboration, though. Quick to judge? I don't know, in crypto things go way faster than in the real world and if you got nothing to bring to the table it is up there, in open sight for all to know within a very short period of time.

I will remind you though that I have praised this team in the recent past for their honesty and transparency, which have set new standards in those departments in crypto. I have even supported -although there's no merit in it for they had no other choice- the  roll back. But if we are to call a spade a spade (and I am bound to do just that), everyone and his aunt knows by now that these three have nothing in the tech aspect to bring to VRC, nothing at all of any significance. True and proven I would call that rather than your choice, but hey, you have your way and I have mine. Quite frankly, there are no synergies in them so, respectfully, I'll disagree with your assessment.

I know you'd appreciate the nice ribbon.

Enjoy your popcorn.
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 12:04:29 AM

get very valuable technology that no other crypto coin has

So if no other Crypto has it then there is no historical proof to back up that it will raise the price. If this technology is as good as your saying it would have been released already.

The devs admitedly are important for the price in the short term but long term it's more about the services built around the coin that will raise the price. I'm learning to code myself for this exact reason. Also if we are wanting to become a currency that is used for everyday purchases then we should be focusing our attention on knocking down the barriers of entry to purchase Vericoin. The proposed idea of Veribit in reverse using coinbase to give the illusion that it is a direct purchase is a brilliant idea from the devs.

Really? To create the illusion that you are doing something that you are NOT doing, in other words, to con the people, with an idea already implemented by others, is a "brilliant idea from the devs"? Really? Wow!
MAD945

Activity: 658

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 12:18:25 AM

Jesus Barabbass....spam much?

Why do you feel the need to post mutliple times on the same page?
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 12:22:24 AM

Jesus Barabbass....spam much?

Why do you feel the need to post mutliple times on the same page?

It sounds like a good idea at the time? Why do you post at all? You never ever have anything relevant to say...
Xosihc

Hello

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 12:52:25 AM

It sounds like a good idea at the time? Why do you post at all? You never ever have anything relevant to say...

Barabbas, if there is 1 thing I have you give you credit for - it's the fact you've been posting with the same style since you joined BTCtalk.org 8 months ago. I went back and looked at your first posts which was something around Jan 2014 and yeah... seriously since your very first post you've had the same looooooooooooooooong rants of nonsense. You crazy Spaniard
yoshiwatusi

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 01:06:53 AM

Barabbas, if there is 1 thing I have you give you credit for - it's the fact you've been posting with the same style since you joined BTCtalk.org 8 months ago. I went back and looked at your first posts which was something around Jan 2014 and yeah... seriously since your very first post you've had the same looooooooooooooooong rants of nonsense. You crazy Spaniard

i think he is Asian.. he always starts posting when Asia wakes up, or is he?
Xosihc

Hello

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 01:08:56 AM

i think he is Asian.. he always starts posting when Asia wakes up, or is he?

Nah he's from Spain
Pages: « 1 ... 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 [685] 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: