Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:36:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 [686] 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355397 times)
Monkeys

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2014, 01:44:34 AM

It sounds like a good idea at the time? Why do you post at all? You never ever have anything relevant to say...

Barabbas, if there is 1 thing I have you give you credit for - it's the fact you've been posting with the same style since you joined BTCtalk.org 8 months ago. I went back and looked at your first posts which was something around Jan 2014 and yeah... seriously since your very first post you've had the same looooooooooooooooong rants of nonsense. You crazy Spaniard

I don't know why you guys like to give Barrabas so much shit. I don't agree with everything he says but at least he says SOMETHING. You guys are complaining about him posting information, criticism, idea etc. You call them long rants, they're not really that long..

You guys on the other hand are saying nothing, nothing at all.

MIDAS COIN: Gold backed crypto! Sign up via my referral link below and you get an extra 1.5% reward! PM me for info =)

http://www.midaspool.com/ref/318

Sign up via my referral link above and you receive an extra 1.5% reward for your hash! PM me for details

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Xosihc

Activity: 538
Merit: 500

Hello

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 01:51:49 AM

It sounds like a good idea at the time? Why do you post at all? You never ever have anything relevant to say...

Barabbas, if there is 1 thing I have you give you credit for - it's the fact you've been posting with the same style since you joined BTCtalk.org 8 months ago. I went back and looked at your first posts which was something around Jan 2014 and yeah... seriously since your very first post you've had the same looooooooooooooooong rants of nonsense. You crazy Spaniard

I don't know why you guys like to give Barrabas so much shit. I don't agree with everything he says but at least he says SOMETHING. You guys are complaining about him posting information, criticism, idea etc. You call them long rants, they're not really that long..

Actually I agree with barabbas about 45% of the time | 25% of the time i disagree | and 25% of the time I have no clue what he's trying to say.

Also, I'm not quite sure why you are calling me out for "not saying anything at all"... I just threw a 3 page post on here yesterday about my thoughts on VRC.

About 90% of my posts are me just having fun any way - most the time I'm just joking around.
Xosihc

Activity: 538

Hello

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 01:59:55 AM

Now this is a long rant =p Please note the time & date. Just in case you missed it.

Here are my thoughts on the current situation, if anyone cares to read. Even after all the bull&%$# that we call the last 6 weeks – I’m still bullish on VRC. Now you might call me a bagholder or a cheerleader but the truth of matter is; I am far from either. Yes, I’m down on my investment but not down as much as one might think. There was a point not too long ago where I was down a lot… or at least what I would call a lot. But I haven’t just bought & held VRC – I actively trade it. So to go full disclosure on everyone here for a moment I just did the math and with VRC currently trading at 0.00009/BTC I’m down maybe $750. To me, that’s not much. I could walk away today and not lose any sleep over that. I’ve made some really good trades even with the way things have gone over the last 6 weeks – so that has really helped. Have I had my frustrations with the dev team and the way they handle things? Of course. Do I sit in my chair and cringe over some of the mistakes I’ve seen over the last 6 weeks? Again, that would be a yes. I could probably write another 5 paragraphs just on the things that have pissed me off over the last 6 weeks but the reality of it is; that wouldn’t help. I used to bitch, a lot, like many of us here. But after doing some PMing with Socal (who by the way was one of the people I used to bitch about) I actually learned something. Yes that’s right – thanks to bitcointalk.org somebody actually learned something; it wasn’t helping anyone coming here to bitch like a baby. So instead of just whining about what I thought was wrong - I changed my mindset. I changed my attitude. And since that day, I’d like to think I’ve been much more of a help to both Vericoin, the Vericoin community and really to myself. 

Before I dive into my thoughts on Vericoin – I wanted to somewhat quickly share a brief background on myself. I’ve been in crypto currencies for almost 2 years now. I have been actively day trading bitcoin & altcoins for some 18 months. To a lesser degree I also do some stock trading/option trading although for the most part in the “real markets” I just buy & hold.  Although I don’t work in the finance industry, I have my series 7 and 66 license registered under FINRA. Outside of my enjoyment for trading – crypto currencies has been one of my biggest passions ever since I first discovered them back in 2012. I’m a very active member within my city (Minneapolis) with bitcoin. I have done public speaking on the topic, I actively volunteer my time to help business setup the ability to accept bitcoin, and I also host events in Minneapolis that typically have anywhere from 25 to 50+ people attend completely centered around bitcoin and crypto currencies as a whole.  Now, with behind us – I want to actually talk about Vericoin.

Reasons I am bullish on Vericoin.

#1. Veribit. Yes that’s right – Veribit. This was the first aspect of Vericoin that actually caught my attention. It seems to be a very trivial addition to the coin for many people. But for somebody who has been in the alternate coin world for a year and half, I really must tip my hat off to the dev team for making this possible. Yes I understand this wasn’t the most difficult programming in the world. But at the same time no one else up until that point had pulled it off. To have the ability to spend your coin anywhere that bitcoin is accepted, to me, is still one of the best features of Vericoin. It also shows me the dev team has the ability to think outside the box because again, up until Veribit – no one else had thought of it.

#2. The public dev team. I think for many people – this was one of the mean reasons they bought into the coin. With all the scams, pump & dumps, fly by night dev teams out there – to publically know who is behind the coin to me is almost priceless. It provides peace of mind knowing that they are in for the long haul and that they are also not afraid to put themselves out there. Not only that, but these guys are obviously intelligent individuals. I know they have made some big mistakes from a marketing point of view over the last couple of months, but you know what? These guys aren’t marketing experts. And they shouldn’t be. The mistakes that they have made are correctable. You have to break some eggs to make an omelet. If the dev team continued to make mistakes that actually had to do with developing the wallet – I’d be more concerned. But they are working on removing themselves from the marketing side of the project so they can focus more attention on what it is they do best; develop crypto currencies. They have put themselves in a unique position where every decision they make is public, everyone is watching them under a microscope – and it’s not an easy feat. But to go back to the main point here: having a public development team that is active within the community adds SUCH a level of comfort to investors; again I don’t think you can put a price on that.

#3. The market cap. Right now Vericoin is valued at $1.17 million. Which is peanuts in reality. In the crypto coin world $1.17 million to me is a sweet spot that tells me: this coin isn’t going anywhere, yet there is a lot of room for improvement. I’d much rather take my chances with a coin valued around $1-2 million with the hopes it can break into the top ten vs. jumping on board with a more valued coin like Litecoin or even Darkcoin where to get the same kind of 1,000% return I’m looking for would call for a marketing cap in the $900 million – $1 billion range. I went through and look at all the coins in the $500,000 - $5,000,000 range for market cap (just now, as I was writing this) and I can’t find another coin that I would rather take my bet on to see where it can go. It’s not to say there aren’t other great projects out there, because I know there are – but given the other reason I have listed (and am about to list) I feel Vericoin gives me one of the best chances to get a 500%-1,000% return on my investment. To me that’s worth the risk. 

#4. The community. Yeah I know – bitcointalk.org hasn’t been the best reflection of the great community Vericoin has. But man they really do have an AWESOME community. I’ve seen it first hand as I have been receiving donation after donation for the event I have coming up on 8/30/14. There are some very passionate individuals behind this project outside of the dev team – and while some of you may call them “cheerleaders” just to belittle them, truth be told; they are essential for the coins long term success. Vericoin like any crypto currencies is just an idea at in its simplest form. Any idea can succeed when 1 person believes in it. As long as 1 person continues to believe in an idea, any idea, that candle continues to burn. And you never know who that person may talk to, who that person may come across that will take that burning candle and light a candle of their own. I know there are many, many alternate coins out there that have passionate followers. But unlike a lot of those other coins Vericoin has gone through some seriously rough &%$# over the last 6 weeks and guess what? People still continue to stand behind the coin. If there can be this many people still standing behind a project when it seems like seriously nothing has gone right – just want until things finally turn around and this coin start to succeed. Amazing things will come out of the support of the community.

#5.  Vericoin’s strategic partnerships. This will be my last point as I’m crossing over into the 3rd page of my writing. As I mentioned in point #3 I never felt as though the dev team has done a stellar job marketing the coin. Although again, I feel strongly this will change over time. Especially as they remove themselves from that aspect of the project and other marketing experts jump in to help. The one area that I do have to give them credit for (and a lot of it) is with their strategic partnerships with other companies within the crypto coin world. Not every seed that they have planted has turned out successful. Moolah.io is a big step in the right direction. It seems to be there are some other ideas in the mix. I know for a fact they have been trying very hard to continue to find companies to work with – and when you talk about making smart business decisions – this is one of them. It takes time for ideas to grow. Vericoin has only been around for some 6 months and look at all they have done. As they continue to grow and the crypto community continues to support them – those strategic partnerships will only continue to grow in strength.

If you’re still with me; thanks for listening to my rant. To quickly recap there are 5 points to take away from my point of view: out-of-the box thinking, public dev team, not too big/not too small market cap, great community, and making strategic partnerships. Is this the perfect equation for success? I guess time will tell. In the meantime I’m going to continue to publically support the coin and the team behind the coin because I don’t just see this as a possible great investment; I see this as a great addition to the crypto community as a whole. This is a project that I can confidently stand behind – and feel good about supporting.  Amen.

tldr; In my opinion Vericoin is doing a lot of things right and is still a great project to support. 

Monkeys

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2014, 02:15:34 AM

@ Xosihc - I won't re-quote that last post.

Whats long with such a long post? It's not like it was just one paragraph. It was basically a mini-essay, even with titles for each section.

Sometimes it takes a while to explain what you are trying to say, that is if you actually have something to say =P

I've made quite a few long rants in here myself. There is a lot to rant about with VRC it seems =P

Apparently not for the devs though.. My balls are getting so blue in anticipation for this announcement that it's getting ridiculous.

I mean, how long are they going to string this out? Negotiations are done, now what it's going to take several days to write up the announcement?? That's just rubbish and anyone who believes otherwise is kidding themselves.

The devs are stringing this out on purpose, there is no question.

MIDAS COIN: Gold backed crypto! Sign up via my referral link below and you get an extra 1.5% reward! PM me for info =)

Sign up via my referral link above and you receive an extra 1.5% reward for your hash! PM me for details
ereborltc

Activity: 966

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 02:16:32 AM

he posts to litter the pages .. he has his agenda.. just ignore him there really no point to respond.. let him talk to himself Wink

Legendary / Hero Member

█████
█████   ▄▄██████▄▄
█████▄██████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
███████▀  ▄▄██▄▄  ▀█████▄
██████   ██▀  ▀██   █████
█████▌   ██▄▄▄
█████▌    ▀▀▀███▄
 █████   ██▄  ▄██   █████
 ▀█████▄  ▀▀██▀▀  ▄█████▀
  ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀██████████████▀▀
        ▀▀██████▀▀

.BILLSCASH.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Decentralized Microtask Platform on the Blockchain.
.With Encrypted User to User Messages.
  ───────
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Twitter
Facebook
Reddit

LinkedIn
Github
yoshiwatusi

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 02:20:15 AM

Whats long with such a long post? It's not like it was just one paragraph. It was basically a mini-essay, even with titles for each section.

Sometimes it takes a while to explain what you are trying to say, that is if you actually have something to say =P

I've made quite a few long rants in here myself. There is a lot to rant about with VRC it seems =P

Apparently not for the devs though.. My balls are getting so blue in anticipation for this announcement that it's getting ridiculous.

I mean, how long are they going to string this out? Negotiations are done, now what it's going to take several days to write up the announcement?? That's just rubbish and anyone who believes otherwise is kidding themselves.

my balls are turning gray.. lol.. me too - anticipating
X-Laboratories

Activity: 163

founder of X-Laboratories

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2014, 02:33:58 AM

Hello,
throwing 130 MH at veripool, (x11)
if some other goodfellas help me and point their rigs too, we will help verifund to sustain VRC price.
Hope not look like begging...but vericoin need a decent BUY SIDE on trex at least.
regards

P.S

If you have no rigs...you can  rent hash here

https://www.miningrigrentals.com/

and here

https://www.leaserig.net/index.jsp

Thx guys....please keep adding hashrate, we are helping in a "real" way the VRC stability.
If we hash strong...price will hold and rise steadly

"sine secretum non libertas"
BTC 1ABmTBQ3BAJ8tY6EpPM9a6ZoaWsaJipdGV
LTC LS5ejuvBJFAEZEDhYf3KAN8nGjjayTYxez
Hah-hah

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 02:39:28 AM

i think he is Asian.. he always starts posting when Asia wakes up, or is he?

Nah he's from Spain

Actually I believe he is from Reseda, California, somewhere around/on Yolanda Ave.
MAD945

Activity: 658

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 02:45:52 AM

Nah he's from Spain

Actually I believe he is from Reseda, California, somewhere around/on Yolanda Ave.

I thought he was IE's hemorrhoid?   
effectsToCause (OP)

Activity: 761
Merit: 505

VeriCoin & Verium Creator/Developer

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2014, 03:11:50 AM

We had to make a few minor adjustments to the written agreement for the benefit of VeriCoin. We are doing this the right way and that takes time. Each day we are getting closer and closer and the agreement is getting better and better. We are not stringing this out on purpose, that would not benefit anyone in anyway.
Monkeys

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2014, 03:20:14 AM

We had to make a few minor adjustments to the written agreement for the benefit of VeriCoin. We are doing this the right way and that takes time. Each day we are getting closer and closer and the agreement is getting better and better. We are not stringing this out on purpose, that would not benefit anyone in anyway.

If you read through some of my previous posts here, I have explained exactly how it could benefit you to delay this announcement. Especially if the announcement is nothing special and we are going to be disappointed..

Although, the price isn't rising anymore so I guess you are right, it doesn't benefit anyone to delay this further.

Why not just announce with the premise "(aside from a few minor details) We are pleased to announce that we have SOMETHING arranged for Vericoin!!!".

Why not that?

MAD945

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 03:36:48 AM

How about a run down on what we are all waiting for? Wasn't there supposed to be multiple releases as well?

Just wondering...
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 03:41:34 AM

Nah he's from Spain

You are actually both right, you and X. If you were people of more significance, I would be flattered for the amount of time both have spent "researching" me.... as it is, since I never, ever, lie, you could have just asked. I have posted publicly both and therefore, are out there for anyone to read. Or find. Or whatever.

Just another set of posts volunteered by people that don't consider themselves trolls but that, remarkably, never bring anything at all to the table.
Because bringing here where I am from is really, really irrelevant, in case your perturbed minds think otherwise...
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 03:45:36 AM

More stooge crap. A deal is a deal and if it was signed what, are you trying to sell it to the community so it will look different from what it is? Are you fucking kidding?? Granted, you have plenty of corroboration that there are quite a few morons posting here but you KNOW only too well that the vast majority are (almost) as intelligent as you believe you are.

What I just said: More stooge crap... wow, wow, wow.
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 03:53:24 AM

Nah he's from Spain

In case anyone is wondering... as baffling as that may be for anyone with half a brain, there's a police station at that location and not long ago I challenged a stupid coward that was propagating the idiocy that I was IE to meet me there, INSIDE -for his and my protection-, since he lived closed by and it was my backyard. So, ha ha has found that post... which is in these same Bitcointalk pages, so no mystery. The same goes for X, that definitely has a lot of time in his hands, way too much, to have gone through over 100 long posts to find something that has always been public and that he probably would only have had to ask. I would have answered, always the truth, provided it would have seemed a good idea at the time...
ozboy2014

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 04:17:52 AM

+1

Gents (and Ladies).. Do what I do..HOLD your coins. Take a break from the forum and get some fresh air..
DazzlinDave™

Activity: 62

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 04:34:13 AM

To all the people demanding knowledge of the up coming dev news, please just relax.

Any and all big deals include a disclosure agreement. If the devs release any info before everything is finalized, the whole entire agreement can and usually is nullified.

I am up for the news as well, but I'm staying calm and will wait for when they can release it. 

I can just see all the angry and hate filled posts and fud and what not if that happens............
sdersdf2

Activity: 224

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 04:51:27 AM

what's the next big development on this front?
are you a journalist?

No, just a coin-rally hunter.
ereborltc

Activity: 966

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 05:02:24 AM

To all the people demanding knowledge of the up coming dev news, please just relax.

Any and all big deals include a disclosure agreement. If the devs release any info before everything is finalized, the whole entire agreement can and usually is nullified.

I am up for the news as well, but I'm staying calm and will wait for when they can release it. 

I can just see all the angry and hate filled posts and fud and what not if that happens............
well said Wink
+1

Legendary / Hero Member

█████
█████   ▄▄██████▄▄
█████▄██████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
███████▀  ▄▄██▄▄  ▀█████▄
██████   ██▀  ▀██   █████
█████▌   ██▄▄▄
█████▌    ▀▀▀███▄
 █████   ██▄  ▄██   █████
 ▀█████▄  ▀▀██▀▀  ▄█████▀
  ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀██████████████▀▀
        ▀▀██████▀▀

.BILLSCASH.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Decentralized Microtask Platform on the Blockchain.
.With Encrypted User to User Messages.
  ───────
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Twitter
Facebook
Reddit

LinkedIn
Github
onsightit

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

truth=(true?true:false);

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2014, 05:15:11 AM

If you really must donate towards the VeriCoin project development, please go to the official VeriFund page to make your donation: https://www.vericoin.info/#verifund

Grin

VRC: VMTMcvFjZHAshmVNLY5KYVHCTqcfEnH6Bd  SLR: 8W7D6D7rortYp51BK9MSrfripSoZWyVPVr  BTC: 1LbgAsTDtyWEGjiSaguJhJbaHBPgcMnHfP  BCC: 1Ta39PK67VXTD2xnmPNo5J9KJyBVHdYmy
Pages: « 1 ... 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 [686] 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: