Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:59:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... 501 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][CLAM] CLAMs, Proof-Of-Chain, Proof-Of-Working-Stake, a.k.a. "Clamcoin"  (Read 1150751 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
phzi

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 03:15:13 AM

x11 and other algos needed on kHashier.
I could help forge the clam shell much better if I were able to mine DRK or other x11 coins.
x11 and other algos needed on kHashier.
I could help forge the clam shell much better if I were able to mine DRK or other x11 coins.
Yup...

If you guys are serious about mining; I can bump it up on the list of TODO's.
Take a look at it tonight.

Been trying to delegate and divide up time as efficiently as possible... given the lack of interest in the Multi-Pool, adding an additional algorithm to dilute hash was not a priority (though still planned).
Speculative GPU miners I think are a lot more common then speculative scrypt miners. 
And nscrypt profitability has dropped a lot lately, it's just not worth mining compared to X11 or X13.

I mined for a bit with nscrypt when it was worthwhile, but am waiting to point my rigs at khashier until we have some new algos.  And I think you'll see there are others in the same boat as me.

Also, as someone else said, people really like stats.  More stats would probably help the multi-pool more then anything.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
SuperClam (OP)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1002

CLAM Developer

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 03:52:06 AM

Scypt and Scrypt-N is fine... there are tons of ASICs floating around.
But KHashier is a Black Box....
It's impossible to determine ROI even approximately...
So after a few days miners move on to more standard pools.
You've had > 150 miners... and maybe 10% of them stick around.
Provide more stats like # of total clams/day or week projected...
Or the exact formula for determining your Percentage Payout.

Projections are almost impossible - as it entirely depends on how much time and thus "percentage" a miner has accrued v. time and "percentage" of other miners.  i.e. Week #1 != Week #2.  Add to that calculations of present price * current hash....

The formula Itself is extremely simple.

percentage = (# of shares * share difficulty * algo-profitability multiplier) / combined total of all other miners

I find it hilarious that there are some very small time miners with small hash rates that have done a great deal of mining at kHashier.com and they consistently get great payouts (proportionally) quite possibly due to simply not knowing enough to be skeptical.  They are having some of the best mining of their career, and quite likely aren't even aware of it Grin

Always up for ideas, of coarse.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623147
Proof-Of-Chain, 100% Distributed BEFORE Launch.
Everyone who owned BTC, LTC, or DOGE at launch got free CLAMS.
dE_logics

Activity: 686

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 04:16:14 AM

This may migrate this attack a little, but still this's magnitudes insecure than PoW.

▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████████▄▄
▄██████████▄▄▄    ▀▀▀███████▄
▄██████████████████▄▄▄   ▀▀█████▄
████████████████████████▌  ▄███████
██████████████▀▀    ▀▀██▀ ▄███▀ ▀████
███████████▀▀  ▄▄ ▄▄     ▄█████▄  ▀████
███████████  ▄▄ ▀█████▄ ▄█▀  █████  ▀████
▄██████████   ▀████▀  ▀███     █████  ▀███▄
██████████▌  ▄████▄  ▄█▀▀██▄   ▐█████  ████
██████████   ▀▀ ▀████▀    ██    ██████ ████
██████████▌      ▄███▄  ▄██▄   ▐██████H████
▀██████████▄   ▄█▀  ▀████▀▀▀   ███████████▀
██████████▀ ▄█▀    ██▀▀██   ▄████████████
███████▀ ▄███▄           ▄█████████████
█████▄▄█████████▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
▀█████████████████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████████▀▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

█▀▀▀▄▄▄██▄
             █     ▀██▀
            █
         ▄▄▄█▄▄▄
 ████▄▄███████████▄▄████
▐██████▀▀███████▀▀██████▌
 ▀████    █████    ████▀
  ████▄  ▄█████▄  ▄████
  ▀███████████████████▀
   ▀████▄▀█████▀▄████▀
     ▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄████████
          █████████
          █████
          █████
      █████████████
      █████████████
          █████
          █████
          █████
          █████
          █████

█▄▄              █▄▄
█████▄▄         ██████▄▄
████████       ████████ █
████████ ██   ████████ ██
████████ ███ ████████ ███
████████ ████ ██████ ████
████████ █████ ████ █████
████████ ▀█████ ██ ██████
████████    ▀▀██  ███████
▀███████         ▀███████
   ▀▀███            ▀▀███
       ▀                ▀
phzi

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 04:50:12 AM

This may migrate this attack a little, but still this's magnitudes insecure than PoW.
That post is pretty poorly written, by someone that seems to have an insufficient understanding of coinage.

It can also be argued that attacking a PoS coin is much more costly then a PoW coin, because (for example) it has been shown that only ~$600 would be needed to attack Dogecoin with their shitty hashrate, whereas to attack a coin like CLAM, you must be a significant stakeholder in CLAMs, are you would be destroying your own investment.  So; the security of a PoS coin goes UP with value increase, whereas PoW security is linked only to network hashrate.

Since I'm not a developer nor a hacker I cant modify wallets to do such an attack, but here's the concept, which may not be right, but crackers may try.
Kinda says it all - "I'm not a programmer, I don't understand this, I might be wrong, but let me now talk like I am an expert...."
kbroadfoot
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1000

Bass Player

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 06:35:48 AM

Been awhile since we had a huge lotto block...
A few small ones...  but no biggies...

Also glad the big lotto winners didn't go and just dump the coins too...

phzi

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 07:01:32 AM

Next one is mine! *evil laugh*

Now why would someone do that, when they can turn around and stake their winnings for more winnings?!
SuperClam (OP)

CLAM Developer

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 07:31:42 AM

Next one is mine! *evil laugh*
Now why would someone do that, when they can turn around and stake their winnings for more winnings?!

That is very true.

There is no time like the present to be Proof-Of-Pearl staking and accruing CLAMS.
The difficulty is likely to go up; and if it does the staking will only get more difficult.

seedtrue
Legendary

Activity: 963

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 12:46:09 PM

I pointed about 20-25 mh/s of my scrypt hash at the pool. I will let it run a day or so and see my stats.

paulc010

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 01:17:38 PM

I pointed about 20-25 mh/s of my scrypt hash at the pool. I will let it run a day or so and see my stats.

A couple of days won't really show you the true return though to be fair. I was talking in irc on this subject as the pool is a little tricky to get your head around. I have one address that I only hashed to for 1 day and am still getting payouts for (a week later). The address I've been regularly hashing to has been accumulating share and getting increasing payments over time. You don't have to go crazy - just set an amount of hashing and leave it for a week or so. I've even increased the amount on occasion just to give the pool (and, of course, my share) a bit of a boost.

The key is in the "algo-profitability multiplier" part of the equation, and time. It isn't like clevermining et al. where you get paid for X hash contribution on day Y at that day's profit. It's clever. Like everything CLAM Wink
phzi

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 05:15:40 PM

I'd say give it at least a week, and then keep in mind that you will continue to receive very very slowly diminishing payouts into eternity.  

I mined for a few days, and I'm still getting payouts over a month later.  Adding up the total income to date, it was probably the most profitable couple of days mining I've ever had (save maybe during the first doge boom with MiddleCoin).
seedtrue
Legendary

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 09:08:13 PM

I'd say give it at least a week, and then keep in mind that you will continue to receive very very slowly diminishing payouts into eternity.  

I mined for a few days, and I'm still getting payouts over a month later.  Adding up the total income to date, it was probably the most profitable couple of days mining I've ever had (save maybe during the first doge boom with MiddleCoin).
adding a little more hash for the next few hours. I had some rentals that are not making much profit, so I may as well point them at clam.
seedtrue
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 01:21:28 AM

Just got another lotto block  Tongue . Unfortunately, it was only 0.10000001(the smallest lotto block you can get).
kbroadfoot
Legendary

Bass Player

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 03:04:00 AM

Clams Advertisement Idea:

Clams are worth about 1 dollar each.
Each time your Clams stake it is worth 10 cents... that is unless you get a lotto block!

A lotto block is worth up to 1000 Clams! ( The record so far is over 500 Clams! )

THAT IS A COOL GRAND!

What do you need? Well, you need some Clams! And guess what? You probably already have some.

If you own Bitcoin, Litecoin, or Dogecoin you OWN CLAMS!

Get a Clam wallet and start staking.... easy to do and just sit back and wait for YOUR Lotto block!

Good luck!

SuperClam (OP)

CLAM Developer

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2014, 08:42:55 AM

A couple of days won't really show you the true return though to be fair. I was talking in irc on this subject as the pool is a little tricky to get your head around. I have one address that I only hashed to for 1 day and am still getting payouts for (a week later). The address I've been regularly hashing to has been accumulating share and getting increasing payments over time. You don't have to go crazy - just set an amount of hashing and leave it for a week or so. I've even increased the amount on occasion just to give the pool (and, of course, my share) a bit of a boost.
The key is in the "algo-profitability multiplier" part of the equation, and time. It isn't like clevermining et al. where you get paid for X hash contribution on day Y at that day's profit. It's clever. Like everything CLAM Wink

I think all of that is pretty accurate. 
And, it is indeed a bit hard for most miners to understand. 
The concept itself, I think is a bit easier to understand.

We keep track of how much a miner contributes to the profitability of the pool over the long term.
We do not "get rid of" or "delete" shares. 
We accrue them, relative to their difficulty and the profitability of the algorithm at the time.

The only way to lose that percentage, is for other miners to 'dilute' it by continuing to mine after you have stopped.

In practice, it is somewhat similar to p2pool; except the time-frame is not bounded.

Just got another lotto block  Tongue . Unfortunately, it was only 0.10000001(the smallest lotto block you can get).

Hey, you never know. More Clams == More Blocks, over time. That 0.1 might contribute in finding the next big lotto block Grin

paulc010

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 09:59:13 AM

Hey, you never know. More Clams == More Blocks, over time. That 0.1 might contribute in finding the next big lotto block Grin

Everyone has surely heard of the "Butterfly effect".... well this is termed the CLAM effect Wink

In danger of going all Zen in this thread though.... "What's the sound of one CLAM clacking in a wallet?" Cheesy
kbroadfoot
Legendary

Bass Player

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 05:27:58 PM

Everyone has surely heard of the "Butterfly effect".... well this is termed the CLAM effect Wink

In danger of going all Zen in this thread though.... "What's the sound of one CLAM clacking in a wallet?" Cheesy

Clams clack?

verb
make or cause to make a sharp sound or series of such sounds as a result of a hard object striking another.
"he heard the sound of her heels clacking across flagstones"

paulc010

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 06:42:26 PM

Clams clack?

verb
make or cause to make a sharp sound or series of such sounds as a result of a hard object striking another.
"he heard the sound of her heels clacking across flagstones"

I prefer "He heard the sound of his lotto win clacking into his wallet" ;
whatsabitworth

Activity: 109

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 09:13:13 PM

I'm having problems with the wallet. Everytime I try to open it, it says (not responding). I've tried deleting everything except wallet.dat. I've also saved the wallet then uninstalled and deleted everything and run the wallet as a new install and I still get the same result. Any help is appreciated.

maccd123

Activity: 223
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 01:28:57 AM

I'm having problems with the wallet. Everytime I try to open it, it says (not responding). I've tried deleting everything except wallet.dat. I've also saved the wallet then uninstalled and deleted everything and run the wallet as a new install and I still get the same result. Any help is appreciated.
restart Computer...turn off Antivirus temporily or resolve Quaratined files. Then reinstall Clam wallet might work
torrantz

Activity: 1063
Merit: 253

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 01:17:20 PM

Hi,
it seems my wallet refuses to sync after block 34001
is there something i can try before i try reloading the entire chain?
i just got back from a 2 week holiday,so it could be i missed something

.#1 DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.Join Origin Pre-Sale.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... 501 »
  Print  

Jump to: