Bitcoin Forum
October 11, 2026, 06:05:54 PM *
News: Serious possible issue involving Ledger hardware wallets and CryptoBilis
 
   Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 502 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][CLAM] CLAMs, Proof-Of-Chain, Proof-Of-Working-Stake, a.k.a. "Clamcoin"  (Read 1153892 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
ymod123
Sr. Member
****
Offline

Activity: 432
Merit: 250



View Profile
July 23, 2014, 02:43:32 AM
 #681

CLAMs represent one of the extremely rare times that I'm happy people are selling for BTC without care.

Thanks for the cheap CLAMs!  Quite happy to be stocking up and improving my chances at hitting those lotto blocks!

I've broken my pile up into 32 equal stacks now - quite interested to see how staking goes over the next few days.



It is going to be big for CLAMs when Poloniex releases their CLAMs to account holders, I think.  We'll see dumpers that only care about fractions of BTC, sure, but a coin so widely distributed and in the hands of so many crypto-invested individuals is bound to create some significant interest and curiosity.  Hopefully we will have an improved wallet out by then (with a few hard-fork changes that will really help the CLAM network).

how did u split it up?

i tried to send to 3 diff addresses in my wallet , and it just removed stake age and now it seems to be building back up ?!?

have u got different wallets open or diff addresses same wallet?

I'm pretty sure you have to create and run Virtual Machines... or is there a simpler way?


send them to yourself. Make more addresses with your wallet if you  have to

i was thinking the more coins in different address in one wallet will give you more chance to mined the lotto prize?
phzi
Hero Member
*****
Offline

Activity: 700
Merit: 500


View Profile
July 23, 2014, 02:54:08 AM
 #682

i was thinking the more coins in different address in one wallet will give you more chance to mined the lotto prize?
Not exactly.  It's been discussed in this thread a bit, but it appears somewhere around 5 CLAM is the ideal amount to have in an address for staking rewards.

This will change with the upcoming hard-fork, however, that should fix the merging and splitting of txouts.
undergroundgeek
Newbie
*
Offline

Activity: 21
Merit: 0


View Profile
July 23, 2014, 04:06:06 AM
 #683

I didn't receive my Pearl Payout today, did anyone else?
SuperClam (OP)
Hero Member
*****
Offline

Activity: 784
Merit: 1002


CLAM Developer


View Profile WWW
July 23, 2014, 05:00:55 AM
 #684

I didn't receive my Pearl Payout today, did anyone else?

PM me your worker name / CLAMS address and I can take a look for you.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623147
Proof-Of-Chain, 100% Distributed BEFORE Launch.
Everyone who owned BTC, LTC, or DOGE at launch got free CLAMS.
paulc010
Member
**
Offline

Activity: 92
Merit: 10


View Profile
July 23, 2014, 09:06:40 AM
 #685

No Pearl payout here either but there have been days before when there hasn't been any (I'd assumed it was to wait to build up funds to minimise the exchange tx fees). The 21st July for example.

I've noticed another "feature" of staking.... could be a bug or what was happening before could be the bug:

I have 2 separate outputs under 1 address. 1 of 10 CLAMs and another of 6. Up until now the 10 CLAM pile has staked a few times and that amount has been moved from the balance to "Staked" leaving the 6 coin output to spend/stake. I have other piles of coins that seem to always stake before those remaining 6 - so they have never actually staked themselves.

Last night the 10 CLAM pile matured after mining and then it looks like the 6 pile finally staked (all the other piles were already staked and awaiting 510 confirmations), however instead of only 10 CLAMs or 6 CLAMs being moved to "Staked" as a result of the mining - both were.

The question is: When staking should all the outputs of an address be combined (i.e. should I have been staking 16 coins every time from that address)? Is this part of the "fix" that's being referred to?

Also are there any tips on how to get the git version to compile using minGW on Windows 7? I'm guessing that nobody is doing that and instead it's being cross compiled on a Linux platform?
yampi
Sr. Member
****
Offline

Activity: 433
Merit: 250


View Profile
July 23, 2014, 11:13:02 PM
 #686

x11 and other algos needed on kHashier.
I could help forge the clam shell much better if I were able to mine DRK or other x11 coins.
phzi
Hero Member
*****
Offline

Activity: 700
Merit: 500


View Profile
July 23, 2014, 11:13:52 PM
 #687

x11 and other algos needed on kHashier.
I could help forge the clam shell much better if I were able to mine DRK or other x11 coins.
Yup...
SuperClam (OP)
Hero Member
*****
Offline

Activity: 784
Merit: 1002


CLAM Developer


View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 12:25:09 AM
 #688

x11 and other algos needed on kHashier.
I could help forge the clam shell much better if I were able to mine DRK or other x11 coins.
x11 and other algos needed on kHashier.
I could help forge the clam shell much better if I were able to mine DRK or other x11 coins.
Yup...

If you guys are serious about mining; I can bump it up on the list of TODO's.
Take a look at it tonight.

Been trying to delegate and divide up time as efficiently as possible... given the lack of interest in the Multi-Pool, adding an additional algorithm to dilute hash was not a priority (though still planned).

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623147
Proof-Of-Chain, 100% Distributed BEFORE Launch.
Everyone who owned BTC, LTC, or DOGE at launch got free CLAMS.
Zer0Sum
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 1588
Merit: 1000


View Profile
July 24, 2014, 01:32:19 AM
 #689

x11 and other algos needed on kHashier.
I could help forge the clam shell much better if I were able to mine DRK or other x11 coins.
x11 and other algos needed on kHashier.
I could help forge the clam shell much better if I were able to mine DRK or other x11 coins.
Yup...

If you guys are serious about mining; I can bump it up on the list of TODO's.
Take a look at it tonight.

Been trying to delegate and divide up time as efficiently as possible... given the lack of interest in the Multi-Pool, adding an additional algorithm to dilute hash was not a priority (though still planned).

Scypt and Scrypt-N is fine... there are tons of ASICs floating around.

But KHashier is a Black Box....
It's impossible to determine ROI even approximately...
So after a few days miners move on to more standard pools.

You've had > 150 miners... and maybe 10% of them stick around.

Provide more stats like # of total clams/day or week projected...
Or the exact formula for determining your Percentage Payout.
 
phzi
Hero Member
*****
Offline

Activity: 700
Merit: 500


View Profile
July 24, 2014, 03:15:13 AM
 #690

x11 and other algos needed on kHashier.
I could help forge the clam shell much better if I were able to mine DRK or other x11 coins.
x11 and other algos needed on kHashier.
I could help forge the clam shell much better if I were able to mine DRK or other x11 coins.
Yup...

If you guys are serious about mining; I can bump it up on the list of TODO's.
Take a look at it tonight.

Been trying to delegate and divide up time as efficiently as possible... given the lack of interest in the Multi-Pool, adding an additional algorithm to dilute hash was not a priority (though still planned).
Speculative GPU miners I think are a lot more common then speculative scrypt miners. 
And nscrypt profitability has dropped a lot lately, it's just not worth mining compared to X11 or X13.

I mined for a bit with nscrypt when it was worthwhile, but am waiting to point my rigs at khashier until we have some new algos.  And I think you'll see there are others in the same boat as me.

Also, as someone else said, people really like stats.  More stats would probably help the multi-pool more then anything.
SuperClam (OP)
Hero Member
*****
Offline

Activity: 784
Merit: 1002


CLAM Developer


View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 03:52:06 AM
 #691

Scypt and Scrypt-N is fine... there are tons of ASICs floating around.
But KHashier is a Black Box....
It's impossible to determine ROI even approximately...
So after a few days miners move on to more standard pools.
You've had > 150 miners... and maybe 10% of them stick around.
Provide more stats like # of total clams/day or week projected...
Or the exact formula for determining your Percentage Payout.

Projections are almost impossible - as it entirely depends on how much time and thus "percentage" a miner has accrued v. time and "percentage" of other miners.  i.e. Week #1 != Week #2.  Add to that calculations of present price * current hash....

The formula Itself is extremely simple.

percentage = (# of shares * share difficulty * algo-profitability multiplier) / combined total of all other miners

I find it hilarious that there are some very small time miners with small hash rates that have done a great deal of mining at kHashier.com and they consistently get great payouts (proportionally) quite possibly due to simply not knowing enough to be skeptical.  They are having some of the best mining of their career, and quite likely aren't even aware of it Grin

Always up for ideas, of coarse.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623147
Proof-Of-Chain, 100% Distributed BEFORE Launch.
Everyone who owned BTC, LTC, or DOGE at launch got free CLAMS.
dE_logics
Hero Member
*****
Offline

Activity: 686
Merit: 500



View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 04:16:14 AM
 #692

This may migrate this attack a little, but still this's magnitudes insecure than PoW.

▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████████▄▄
▄██████████▄▄▄    ▀▀▀███████▄
▄██████████████████▄▄▄   ▀▀█████▄
████████████████████████▌  ▄███████
██████████████▀▀    ▀▀██▀ ▄███▀ ▀████
███████████▀▀  ▄▄ ▄▄     ▄█████▄  ▀████
███████████  ▄▄ ▀█████▄ ▄█▀  █████  ▀████
▄██████████   ▀████▀  ▀███     █████  ▀███▄
██████████▌  ▄████▄  ▄█▀▀██▄   ▐█████  ████
██████████   ▀▀ ▀████▀    ██    ██████ ████
██████████▌      ▄███▄  ▄██▄   ▐██████H████
▀██████████▄   ▄█▀  ▀████▀▀▀   ███████████▀
██████████▀ ▄█▀    ██▀▀██   ▄████████████
███████▀ ▄███▄           ▄█████████████
█████▄▄█████████▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
▀█████████████████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████████▀▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.
█
║
║
█
█
║
║
█
  

             ▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
  

                   ▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
  

             █▀▀▀▄▄▄██▄
             █     ▀██▀
            █
         ▄▄▄█▄▄▄
 ████▄▄███████████▄▄████
▐██████▀▀███████▀▀██████▌
 ▀████    █████    ████▀
  ████▄  ▄█████▄  ▄████
  ▀███████████████████▀
   ▀████▄▀█████▀▄████▀
     ▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀


          ▄████████
          █████████
          █████
          █████
      █████████████
      █████████████
          █████
          █████
          █████
          █████
          █████


█▄▄              █▄▄
█████▄▄         ██████▄▄
████████       ████████ █
████████ ██   ████████ ██
████████ ███ ████████ ███
████████ ████ ██████ ████
████████ █████ ████ █████
████████ ▀█████ ██ ██████
████████    ▀▀██  ███████
▀███████         ▀███████
   ▀▀███            ▀▀███
       ▀                ▀
phzi
Hero Member
*****
Offline

Activity: 700
Merit: 500


View Profile
July 24, 2014, 04:50:12 AM
 #693

This may migrate this attack a little, but still this's magnitudes insecure than PoW.
That post is pretty poorly written, by someone that seems to have an insufficient understanding of coinage.

It can also be argued that attacking a PoS coin is much more costly then a PoW coin, because (for example) it has been shown that only ~$600 would be needed to attack Dogecoin with their shitty hashrate, whereas to attack a coin like CLAM, you must be a significant stakeholder in CLAMs, are you would be destroying your own investment.  So; the security of a PoS coin goes UP with value increase, whereas PoW security is linked only to network hashrate.

Since I'm not a developer nor a hacker I cant modify wallets to do such an attack, but here's the concept, which may not be right, but crackers may try.
Kinda says it all - "I'm not a programmer, I don't understand this, I might be wrong, but let me now talk like I am an expert...."
kbroadfoot
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1000


Bass Player


View Profile
July 24, 2014, 06:35:48 AM
 #694

Been awhile since we had a huge lotto block...
A few small ones...  but no biggies...

Also glad the big lotto winners didn't go and just dump the coins too...


phzi
Hero Member
*****
Offline

Activity: 700
Merit: 500


View Profile
July 24, 2014, 07:01:32 AM
 #695

Been awhile since we had a huge lotto block...
A few small ones...  but no biggies...
Next one is mine! *evil laugh*

Also glad the big lotto winners didn't go and just dump the coins too...
Now why would someone do that, when they can turn around and stake their winnings for more winnings?!
SuperClam (OP)
Hero Member
*****
Offline

Activity: 784
Merit: 1002


CLAM Developer


View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 07:31:42 AM
 #696

Been awhile since we had a huge lotto block...
A few small ones...  but no biggies...
Next one is mine! *evil laugh*
Also glad the big lotto winners didn't go and just dump the coins too...
Now why would someone do that, when they can turn around and stake their winnings for more winnings?!

That is very true.

There is no time like the present to be Proof-Of-Pearl staking and accruing CLAMS.
The difficulty is likely to go up; and if it does the staking will only get more difficult.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623147
Proof-Of-Chain, 100% Distributed BEFORE Launch.
Everyone who owned BTC, LTC, or DOGE at launch got free CLAMS.
seedtrue
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 963
Merit: 1002



View Profile
July 24, 2014, 12:46:09 PM
 #697

I pointed about 20-25 mh/s of my scrypt hash at the pool. I will let it run a day or so and see my stats.

paulc010
Member
**
Offline

Activity: 92
Merit: 10


View Profile
July 24, 2014, 01:17:38 PM
 #698

I pointed about 20-25 mh/s of my scrypt hash at the pool. I will let it run a day or so and see my stats.



A couple of days won't really show you the true return though to be fair. I was talking in irc on this subject as the pool is a little tricky to get your head around. I have one address that I only hashed to for 1 day and am still getting payouts for (a week later). The address I've been regularly hashing to has been accumulating share and getting increasing payments over time. You don't have to go crazy - just set an amount of hashing and leave it for a week or so. I've even increased the amount on occasion just to give the pool (and, of course, my share) a bit of a boost.

The key is in the "algo-profitability multiplier" part of the equation, and time. It isn't like clevermining et al. where you get paid for X hash contribution on day Y at that day's profit. It's clever. Like everything CLAM Wink
phzi
Hero Member
*****
Offline

Activity: 700
Merit: 500


View Profile
July 24, 2014, 05:15:40 PM
 #699

I pointed about 20-25 mh/s of my scrypt hash at the pool. I will let it run a day or so and see my stats.
I'd say give it at least a week, and then keep in mind that you will continue to receive very very slowly diminishing payouts into eternity.  

I mined for a few days, and I'm still getting payouts over a month later.  Adding up the total income to date, it was probably the most profitable couple of days mining I've ever had (save maybe during the first doge boom with MiddleCoin).
seedtrue
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 963
Merit: 1002



View Profile
July 24, 2014, 09:08:13 PM
 #700

I pointed about 20-25 mh/s of my scrypt hash at the pool. I will let it run a day or so and see my stats.
I'd say give it at least a week, and then keep in mind that you will continue to receive very very slowly diminishing payouts into eternity.  

I mined for a few days, and I'm still getting payouts over a month later.  Adding up the total income to date, it was probably the most profitable couple of days mining I've ever had (save maybe during the first doge boom with MiddleCoin).
adding a little more hash for the next few hours. I had some rentals that are not making much profit, so I may as well point them at clam.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 502 »
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!