Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:10:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 ... 645 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Awesome Miner] - Powerful Windows GUI to manage and monitor up to 200000 miners  (Read 700857 times)
billybobthorton

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 05:10:35 PM

Is it possible for you to add Claymore secondary coin mining hash rate to the overview pages?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
patrike (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 1084

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2017, 05:21:19 PM

Is it possible for you to add Claymore secondary coin mining hash rate to the overview pages?
That's not displayed in the miner list today, you can only find this information on the GPU tab. This feature is already in the pipeline and I agree that it makes sense to have it.

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, S17+, T17, T17+, S19, S19 Pro, S19j, S19j Pro, T19
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2017, 05:28:52 PM

Can anyone provide guidance on how to use miningpoolhub (specifically, the "auto profit switching") with Awesome Miner?

I want to automatically do profit-switching, with miningpoolhub, mostly because it allows me to get paid in either the coin I'm mining or in a specific coin (ie - auto convert to ETH instead of to BTC).  BTC fees are way too high so I don't really want to earn profits in BTC like from nicehash or zpool.

This is the help page on miningpoolhub:  https://miningpoolhub.com/?page=gettingstarted
You will not be able to use miningpoolhub profit switcher in combintion with Awesome Miner profit switcher. In order for the Awesome Miner profit switcher to work, the profitability information must be known. For services like Nicehash and zpool, they provides API's where Awesome Miner can get this information. For single coin pools, Awesome Miner can also calculate the profitability.

For miningpoolhub, it doesn't look like they have any API, so for Awesome Miner this is a pool with unknown profitability.

You can of course use Awesome Miner without profit switching to mine on this pool, and use the profit switcher of the pool, but you cannot combine the profit switchers.

In Awesome Miner, do I create a 'pool group' where I manually add all the algorithm servers and ports?

ie -

Pool1: lyra2z : us-east.lyra2z-hub.miningpoolhub.com:12025
Pool2: cryptonight : us-east.cryptonight-hub.miningpoolhub.com:12024
Pool3: equihash : us-east.equihash-hub.miningpoolhub.com:12023
...etc

You define this as three separate Pools in Awesome Miner, and then you define a Group Pool that includes all of them. Then you can use this Group Pool from a Managed Miner.

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, S17+, T17, T17+, S19, S19 Pro, S19j, S19j Pro, T19
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web
bonosurgut

Activity: 520
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 06:40:24 PM

Awesome Miner Version 3.0.5

- EWBF 0.3.4 with display of uptime and pool information

thanks a lot  Grin

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2017, 08:23:15 PM

Awesome Miner Version 3.0.5

- EWBF 0.3.4 with display of uptime and pool information

thanks a lot  Grin
No problem - but some of these miners still have very limited API's. The only way to improve it is to request the miner developers to expose more via their API.

This release also introduced the feature to enable/disable GPU's for Claymore Ethereum miner over API. That was requested by another user of Awesome Miner that suggested this to Claymore recently. A few days ago Claymore exposed this operation via API's - so this is an example of that asking for better API's give results.

puwaha

Activity: 700
Merit: 294

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 10:15:26 PM

Hello Patrike,

Would it be possible when we update the desktop app that it reaches out to all known remote agents that are online and attempts to update them to the matching version?

puwaha

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 10:30:07 PM

Also, Patrike,

I'm not sure if this is a bug, but I upgraded to 3.0.5, and my rig that is mining Zencash is now showing that it's an "unspecified equihash" coin that it's mining, so it doesn't show me any coin statistics.  I went back into the pool settings to verify that it's specified as mining the "Zencash (ZEN)" coin.

Any ideas what might be going on there?
bensam1231
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1024

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 10:53:48 PM

Yup, understand this is a process and some things take priority. I'm mainly a Nvidia miner, but for AMD users making dual mining more feasible and easier to do would definitely be something to look at as it's something most of their miners use. Getting it working is pretty terrible in AM, I know I've already mentioned that.

Just to make sure I understand you, if you select a console tab and auto refresh is enabled, it will refresh, but it wont if the tab isn't active? That sounds good if that's the case. You wouldn't want hundreds of miners to refresh in the background.

Something else I noticed when applying templates. When you apply a generic miner template (which doesn't have a pool associated with it), it seems to pick a random pool. As such when you see it applied in the miner list, it lists the pool from the miner (which is arbitrary and has no bearing on what you're actually mining or what profile you have selected). Either listing the template next to the miner or instead of the pool or both would definitely help with this.
I agree that it makes sense to display last applied template in this case. I've just implemented that so the feature will be included in next release. Keep in mind that Awesome Miner didn't keep track of last applied template before, so this will only work after you do the Apply Template operation once with the new version. This is the first link between a Miner and a Template, and this is what I will build on in the future to make this integration more tight - I do know you want to see improvements here.

Another UI feature that would be nice. Right now console is buried along with the other tabs below your miners. Please bring it to the right side, so when you scroll down the list (arrow down or up), it'll automatically show the console in a split window. Obviously you could make a toggle to collapse it. Also please set up a option so when you move to a new miner it automatically updates the console window snapshot. Sort of like how you preview emails when you go through multiples. Very helpful for looking through a list of rigs and seeing what's happening on them (especially when running a generic miner).

You could leave the console window where it is, but that limits your ability to watch all the rigs as well. Right now the bottom pane for me takes up maybe 20% of the window space even though it could be more. May be more of a preference thing, not sure.
I will make some small adjustments to the console in the next release so you faster can get updates when you select miners in the list. What I will do is to implement this only when you enable auto-refresh (in Console tab, Settings -> Auto refresh -> anything except Disabled). If you don't want frequent updates, you can set it to 10 minutes, Awesome Miner will still make an instant update as soon as you select another miner like the scenario you describe.

Major UI changes will be a topic for the future, but I do appreciate the feedback. Maybe several tabs (Pools, GPU, Console) should be possible to break out and stacked on top of each other on the side of the main window, to give a detailed view of everything at the same time, without having to change tab.

I buy private Nvidia miners. Send information and/or inquiries to my PM box.
billybobthorton

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 07:41:59 AM

How do you guys get MSI Afterburner Remote to start on boot so it can be managed in Awesome Miner?  It won't start no matter what I do, I think it is to do with UAC but I removed UAC prompts and it still won't start it.  Afterburner starts fine, but remote server won't when I put it in the start up folder.  I confirmed it shows up in MS Config as start on boot.  I think due to lack of publisher certificate, it needs human interaction so it never starts.

Anyone get it started on boot successfully?
bonosurgut

Activity: 520
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 05:28:58 PM

How do you guys get MSI Afterburner Remote to start on boot so it can be managed in Awesome Miner?  It won't start no matter what I do, I think it is to do with UAC but I removed UAC prompts and it still won't start it.  Afterburner starts fine, but remote server won't when I put it in the start up folder.  I confirmed it shows up in MS Config as start on boot.  I think due to lack of publisher certificate, it needs human interaction so it never starts.

Today spent half a day on this, but I also do not solve this problem (

i add run program when user login, in task scheduler, when system starts remote server not starting, but when i manually run task, he start  Huh  Cry
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2017, 06:47:33 PM

How do you guys get MSI Afterburner Remote to start on boot so it can be managed in Awesome Miner?  It won't start no matter what I do, I think it is to do with UAC but I removed UAC prompts and it still won't start it.  Afterburner starts fine, but remote server won't when I put it in the start up folder.  I confirmed it shows up in MS Config as start on boot.  I think due to lack of publisher certificate, it needs human interaction so it never starts.

Today spent half a day on this, but I also do not solve this problem (

i add run program when user login, in task scheduler, when system starts remote server not starting, but when i manually run task, he start  Huh  Cry
I have a solution for this in the pipeline, and it is involving the Task Scheduler behind the scenes.

You will enter the full path to the MSI Afterburner Remote Server in the Options dialog of Awesome Miner. As soon as you save, all Remote Agents will configure your Windows systems to automatically start the MSI Remote Server when Windows is starting. So next time Windows is starting, it should work. There is an assumption made here, the MSI Remote Server location must be the same on all remote computers.

I will keep you updated on the progress of this feature.

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2017, 07:23:56 PM

Hello Patrike,
Would it be possible when we update the desktop app that it reaches out to all known remote agents that are online and attempts to update them to the matching version?
Hi. What is supported is to select multiple Managed Miners in the main window, and click the Upgrade Remote Service button in the toolbar. Although this isn't an automatic operation, you can at least make upgrades of many Remote Agents in a single operation.

I'm not sure if this is a bug, but I upgraded to 3.0.5, and my rig that is mining Zencash is now showing that it's an "unspecified equihash" coin that it's mining, so it doesn't show me any coin statistics.  I went back into the pool settings to verify that it's specified as mining the "Zencash (ZEN)" coin.

Which mining software is this? Claymore Zcash or EWBF?

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2017, 07:31:18 PM

Just to make sure I understand you, if you select a console tab and auto refresh is enabled, it will refresh, but it wont if the tab isn't active? That sounds good if that's the case. You wouldn't want hundreds of miners to refresh in the background.
You will never end up with many refresh processes like that. The feature can never refresh more than a single miner no matter how you configure it or what you do. The only difference in the last release is that when you change miner selection, it will refresh the console right away for that miner if the auto-feature is enabled.

smokyho

Activity: 13

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 07:37:32 PM

Can anyone provide guidance on how to use miningpoolhub (specifically, the "auto profit switching") with Awesome Miner?

I want to automatically do profit-switching, with miningpoolhub, mostly because it allows me to get paid in either the coin I'm mining or in a specific coin (ie - auto convert to ETH instead of to BTC).  BTC fees are way too high so I don't really want to earn profits in BTC like from nicehash or zpool.

This is the help page on miningpoolhub:  https://miningpoolhub.com/?page=gettingstarted
You will not be able to use miningpoolhub profit switcher in combintion with Awesome Miner profit switcher. In order for the Awesome Miner profit switcher to work, the profitability information must be known. For services like Nicehash and zpool, they provides API's where Awesome Miner can get this information. For single coin pools, Awesome Miner can also calculate the profitability.

For miningpoolhub, it doesn't look like they have any API, so for Awesome Miner this is a pool with unknown profitability.

You can of course use Awesome Miner without profit switching to mine on this pool, and use the profit switcher of the pool, but you cannot combine the profit switchers.

In Awesome Miner, do I create a 'pool group' where I manually add all the algorithm servers and ports?

ie -

...etc

You define this as three separate Pools in Awesome Miner, and then you define a Group Pool that includes all of them. Then you can use this Group Pool from a Managed Miner.

I am not a programmer but what do you think about this http://miningpoolhub.com/index.php?page=api&action=getminingandprofitsstatistics.
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2017, 07:43:53 PM

ie -

...etc

I am not a programmer but what do you think about this http://miningpoolhub.com/index.php?page=api&action=getminingandprofitsstatistics.
Thanks! I did search both their main page and help page for "api" without finding anything, so I just assumed they didn't have an API. But you are of course correct here and I will take a look if this could be added to Awesome Miner.

smokyho

Activity: 13

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 10:00:35 PM

ie -

...etc

Thanks! I did search both their main page and help page for "api" without finding anything, so I just assumed they didn't have an API. But you are of course correct here and I will take a look if this could be added to Awesome Miner.

I was under impression they must have API because i use their multipoolminer. So i digged into the files and found that.
Now i am super excited for the new super Awesomeminer. Nicehash, zpool, miningpoolhub...all in one interface!  Wink
Storx

Activity: 322
Merit: 233

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 11:42:07 PM

I know yall mentioned that whattomine doesnt have skein coins to determine profitability of the coins on zpool, but what about taking the profitability info from the api from zpool? currently i have been using nemominer and it can detect when skein coins are profitable.. which is about half the time compared to other coins for use Nvidia card owners... just would hate to loose skein mining, because some days i get as much as $19/card on that algo... when the coins are hot, unfortunately lately dgb has been suffering.. so been stuck on blake2s mostly

- GPUs Mining : 128 (Updated 3/7/18) // CPUs Mining : 19 (Updated 2/23/18)
billybobthorton

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 02:52:42 AM

I don't know if this has been reported before, but the minimize button has a really strange click area.  You can only click the top 20% or so of the button, the last 80% or so doesn't respond to minimize the main app.
puwaha

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 03:17:15 AM

Hello Patrike,
Hi. What is supported is to select multiple Managed Miners in the main window, and click the Upgrade Remote Service button in the toolbar. Although this isn't an automatic operation, you can at least make upgrades of many Remote Agents in a single operation.

Which mining software is this? Claymore Zcash or EWBF?

EWBF.
billybobthorton

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 01:05:28 PM

Can you add the ability to chose the coins prices and order shown on the bottom of the main app please?
Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 ... 645 »
  Print  

Jump to: