Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:20:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 [305] 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 ... 2191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation  (Read 3312366 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
Johnny Mnemonic

Activity: 795
Merit: 514

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 08:01:27 AM

I think it's high time that btc-e dropped all those nonsense dinosaur coins and replace them with XMR. It just makes sense.

The longer they take to add Monero while keeping these shitcoin, worse are their perceived image overall IMO, Cryptsy e.g. has 0 trust from me now.

Lol, so self-centered. Unfortunately the world doesn't care what you think, dude. Most people don't know about monero. Most bitcoiners. Not adding monero isn't going to do anything to their image, at least not yet.

This overly delusional optimism is really harming monero's image just like delusional bitcoiners harm bitcoin's image. You guys need to be realistic while being optimistic. Sure, maybe monero has promise. But as of now, it's really not that significant yet.

XMR has been at or near the top of Cryptsy's voting for several months now. They definitely know about it, as do the guys at btc-e. Most folks in the community who are paying attention are well aware of Monero's "significance."

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Eastwind

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 09:34:53 AM

I think it's high time that btc-e dropped all those nonsense dinosaur coins and replace them with XMR. It just makes sense.

The longer they take to add Monero while keeping these shitcoin, worse are their perceived image overall IMO, Cryptsy e.g. has 0 trust from me now.

These exchanges might not have the technical ability to add XMR. When Mintpal upgraded to V2.0, most bitcoin clone coins were stolen by the owner, but not the XMR as he did not figure out a way to do that.
dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 11:47:57 AM

These exchanges might not have the technical ability to add XMR. When Mintpal upgraded to V2.0, most bitcoin clone coins were stolen by the owner, but not the XMR as he did not figure out a way to do that.

For cryptsy this can be debunked, since the devs offered help with integrating.

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2015, 12:55:30 PM

For cryptsy this can be debunked, since the devs offered help with integrating.

...and KoziTwo's payment gateway has been available for some time.

CrapSea is welcome to shun Monero for as long as they please.  That place is so scamcoin friendly (#1 Darkcoin volume and in bed with GAW/Paycoin) it would make XMR look bad to be seen there.

Forget them, the place we need to be is BTC-E.  Who is up for a trip to Bulgaria and fun with Putin's dark-glasses wearing buddies?   Cool

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
whap

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 02:13:06 PM

Forget them, the place we need to be is BTC-E.  Who is up for a trip to Bulgaria and fun with Putin's dark-glasses wearing buddies?   Cool

We should start a donation campaign for this. Who should we send? RP and David Hasselhof?

Seriously speaking, a donation address to cover particular development or marketing issues like this would be worth a try. Is MEW doing anything in that direction?
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2015, 02:18:29 PM

We should start a donation campaign for this. Who should we send? RP and David Hasselhof?

Seriously speaking, a donation address to cover particular development or marketing issues like this would be worth a try. Is MEW doing anything in that direction?

My understanding is marketing efforts are being intentionally limited to small/personal meetings/outreach, until the official GUI is more(ish) than less(ish) ready(ish).

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
nakaone

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 02:19:22 PM

there is a ton of old bitcoiners already on board here - there needs to be a connection to btc-e and yes it would be the perfect fit.
kurious
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1643

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 02:21:06 PM

Since this thread is Monero Speculation - anyone care to speculate on price action?

I've been buying on the way down - makes sense to average down, given I am in for the long term.

I am a long term bull since first days of the Polo listing, but any thoughts on the support at .0016 holding - or is this headed for a bottom around the .0010 mark...  I am under water under the 20's. Not concerned, just want to pick up more at sensible levels.

I know TA may be irrelevant and Polo's recent edicts are affecting things - but some speculation would be of interest and much appreciated.

我想要火箭和火车
dEBRUYNE
Legendary

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 02:27:39 PM

Forget them, the place we need to be is BTC-E.  Who is up for a trip to Bulgaria and fun with Putin's dark-glasses wearing buddies?   Cool

There will be a funding system on the official forum soon where we can address this kind of matters. This new funding system let's you fund individual things (like you described above).

you guys are always pointing out how the project is basically unfunded and you do great work under those conditions no doubt. but i just want to do what i can to help with this situation for 2 reasons, for the good of monero, but also because you guys should be compensated for the work you do. and the thing is, i just dont think that panhandling is ever going to get you the sort of consistent and appropriate compensation you should be getting, and monero should be getting.

We've been working on adding some needed functionality to the forum, and our next major task we're going to tackle is the funding system. The idea is:

1. Users / developers / anyone will pitch an idea in the Ideas section of the forum. This is already happening.

2. After some discussion it will be moved by one of the administrators (currently the Core Team only, but that would change in future) to the Open Tasks section of the forum. No tasks have been moved as yet.

3. Developers (including the core team, and initially probably only the core team for simplicity) will pitch against each of these open tasks. Later on I would expect that there would be more people / teams pitching against tasks, and the most competent / available / reasonably priced will be the one the community will veer towards.

4. Once the developer / team has been selected to complete the task it moves to the Funding Required section of the forum, and it is opened for funding.

5. Funding will be to a core team controlled address with a payment ID for that particular project/task, and there will be a funding progress bar. This information will be mirrored over to a funding page on the website that shows the funding progress per project/task.

6. When funding reaches 70% (for smaller tasks) or 30% (for larger and longer tasks) it goes into the Work in Progress section and work begins.

7. Funds are dispensed by the core team on a regular basis and only if there is actual progress / commits / whatever, so it doesn't go into a black hole.

Advantages of this approach:

- the core team's oversight role can eventually be replaced by a group selected from the community at large, so as not to have a stranglehold over things

- the core team's escrow role can eventually be replaced by a multi-sig system (2-of-3) where the signatories are the core team, the oversight group, and the recipient, so the recipient can't spend those raised funds without the involvement of one of the other 2 signatories

- this isn't limited to dev tasks, and things like "fly David Latapie to speak at a conference" or lobbying or PR or advertising can all have tasks created and funded

- funding is direct and specific to tasks instead of going into a big black hole and hoping for the best

We expect this system will still take us another short while before we can put it live, but we're already crunching away at the functionality for it (and this also further emphasises why the forum couldn't just be SMF with a theme;) )

Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
Siexpert

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 02:37:43 PM

Since this thread is Monero Speculation - anyone care to speculate on price action?

I've been buying on the way down - makes sense to average down, given I am in for the long term.

I am a long term bull since first days of the Polo listing, but any thoughts on the support at .0016 holding - or is this headed for a bottom around the .0010 mark...  I am under water under the 20's. Not concerned, just want to pick up more at sensible levels.

I know TA may be irrelevant and Polo's recent edicts are affecting things - but some speculation would be of interest and much appreciated.

The 1-day RSI was already at oversold levels when the price has fallen below below 0.002 for the first time during this downtrend on May 4th. The RSI is higher now then it was on the previous low (on May 5-6th), so if the price fails again to break the 0.0016 level, there is a good chance (I'd say 70%) that this will be the lowest price in the next 3-4 months.
But for someone who is already holding Monero, and only wants to buy more to get a better average entry price, I would wait to see if the 0.001 level can be reached (this is my case too). If you don't hold any Moneros and you are looking for a good entry point, the 0.0016-0.002 zone if a good one in my opinion.
dEBRUYNE
Legendary

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 02:44:46 PM

For the gamblers: SafeDice has added Monero! https://safedice.com/

Investors please be cautious with investing as bankroll, the owner is anonymous and also wishes to remain so.

More info in the SafeDice thread -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=868275.msg11456012#msg11456012

kurious
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1643

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 02:57:59 PM

The 1-day RSI was already at oversold levels when the price has fallen below below 0.002 for the first time during this downtrend on May 4th. The RSI is higher now then it was on the previous low (on May 5-6th), so if the price fails again to break the 0.0016 level, there is a good chance (I'd say 70%) that this will be the lowest price in the next 3-4 months.
But for someone who is already holding Monero, and only wants to buy more to get a better average entry price, I would wait to see if the 0.001 level can be reached (this is my case too). If you don't hold any Moneros and you are looking for a good entry point, the 0.0016-0.002 zone if a good one in my opinion.

Thanks. I think it can't stay sub-0.002 for long, but the price is taking a severe pasting just now and the bottom doesn't look 'in' yet.  I already have some low bids in case a whale smashes it down further - and I am looking to get my average down, but it will take bigger buys to get me way under average 20 now - unless I can buy very much lower.

Glad your long term forecast is in tune with my gut feeling, nice to have some TA back up the sense it is very much oversold already.

Watching and waiting is the name of the game....

Appreciate the response  Smiley

我想要火箭和火车
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 03:00:19 PM

I am right though.  

The fact that you are still so cocksure about your decision when XMR has dropped over 20% in the last 3 days makes you especially dangerous

Wow. That's really crazy, thanks for pointing this out. This could be the first time we have ever seen this. It's almost like there was a "pump" and then a "dump". Has anyone ever used that expression before? Seems like a good name. I'm really curious, has anything like this ever happened to any other cryptocurrecies? I would be completely shocked if that were true.

Listen, he's right.  Bitcoin never went down in price.  From inception, it has steadily risen to where it is today.  There was never any dumps, there were never any losses.  

It just kept going up and up, and any crypto that doesn't has no long term future.  

Time to pack it up and go home boys.  The dream is over.  Secure, anonymous transactions and the world's first popular cryptonote implementation is dead because we just lost 20% on the price.  

Pretty soon the entire network will collapse, and the currency will cease to exist, because the price dropped 20%.  

No one will ever believe in Monero again... because the price dropped 20%.  

This is the end of multiple years' worth of work (likely decades)... because the price dropped 20%.  

Roll Eyes

Are you still buying?
You could have saved a lot of money by listening my posts here. Just look at my post history and wise up.
You can learn from me the following: Buy after I have bought and sell after I have sold.
You make more money by following the pros.
celestio

Activity: 770
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 03:02:58 PM

I made my choice. I don't want to hold anything, not Bitcoins, Moneroj, or anything else. I want to spend them, just like I do with Fiat(Specifically Monero, it fits the bill of actual "digital money").

"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime" - Satoshi Nakamoto, June 17, 2010
binaryFate
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1003

Still wild and free

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 03:05:28 PM

I made my choice. I don't want to hold anything, not Bitcoins, Moneroj, or anything else. I want to spend them, just like I do with Fiat(Specifically Monero, it fits the bill of actual "digital money").

Do you hold fiat?

Monero's privacy and therefore fungibility are MUCH stronger than Bitcoin's. 
This makes Monero a better candidate to deserve the term "digital cash".
celestio

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 03:55:49 PM

Do you hold fiat?

I prefer to "hold" commodities like silver, items with value like artwork, though of course I hold Fiat. But, you can "hodl" Fiat because at least in the U.S, the supply is highly regulated, there's no "fixed cap". People holding bitcoin and others is part of why it's price is so volatile.

My view is that the excessive "holding" that's spread around on this forum is a detriment to the cryptocurrencies(You see "HODL" all the time in Bitcoin Discussion, but what is that actually doing? It's certainly not being used a currency). I want to spend and use the cryptos, especially Monero as I won't have to worry about coinmixers and coinjoin and all those 3rd party applications to gain privacy, etc.

"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime" - Satoshi Nakamoto, June 17, 2010
BitmoreCoin

Activity: 406

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 04:03:50 PM

My view is that the excessive "holding" that's spread around on this forum is a detriment to the cryptocurrencies(You see "HODL" all the time in Bitcoin Discussion, but what is that actually doing? It's certainly not being used a currency). I want to spend and use the cryptos, especially Monero as I won't have to worry about coinmixers and coinjoin and all those 3rd party applications to gain privacy, etc.

I believe the use of bitcoin is the key to its success.
mrkavasaki

Activity: 888
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 04:20:03 PM
Last edit: May 27, 2015, 04:33:22 PM by mrkavasaki

it is very obvious that monero is dying,but now it is better to let it go, and say good bye. Cry
celestio

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 04:23:18 PM

I believe the use of bitcoin is the key to its success.

By use as a___?

darlidada

Activity: 723
Merit: 503

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 04:57:26 PM

Wow. That's really crazy, thanks for pointing this out. This could be the first time we have ever seen this. It's almost like there was a "pump" and then a "dump". Has anyone ever used that expression before? Seems like a good name. I'm really curious, has anything like this ever happened to any other

Are you still buying?
You could have saved a lot of money by listening my posts here. Just look at my post history and wise up.
You can learn from me the following: Buy after I have bought and sell after I have sold.
You make more money by following the pros.

I've just read your whole post history.

Here's some of your gems while the price was at 4 mbtc :

Looks like there might be a little stability here around 0.004.
Also dump is possible, but I do not see it very probable (at least not in larger scale).
0.004 is a nice base for a rocket.

Cash now.
Weak hands need to be shaken.
I put one buy order.

I  agree, Monero has not even started getting wider adoption. Selling now is selling monero with peanuts.
My strategy to sell is when others than the currwnt community is buying the coin.
if you sell now the coins will go to the stromgest hands and you may not be able to get those coins back.

Only the weakest guys are selling at these lows.
The Monero community consists mainly of second generation crypto people. I assume they are not interested in peanuts. I tell you, selling Monero below 1 btc per coin is selling Moneros for peanuts.
To drive the price high one need a plan. First decide where you want to buy it into and then buy and then create support for that price point.

I agree with your statement on strong hands. No point selling others in the community this coin. Just hodling is the way to go with this beast. Buying a little bit more every now and then in order to support the price growth.
I am one of those who only accumulates and when there is true mainstream adoption with any larger scale, I will refuse selling since I do not need to sell and the risk of selling any meaningful amount is too high - it is hard to get those coins back at lower price since significiantly lower prices are unlikely at this moment.
Pages: « 1 ... 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 [305] 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 ... 2191 »
  Print  

Jump to: