Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:01:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 [334] 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 ... 2191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation  (Read 3312366 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
wpalczynski
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 07:55:34 PM

As I have said before it has nothing to do with permabulls, you are equally as obnoxious and self serving when you are bullish as when you are being bearish.

Telling people to hold at 004 while you just admitted you were trying to dump but you were not able to until 003.  Your motives are transparent.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TheKoziTwo
Legendary

Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 08:04:16 PM

Might be time to repeat this one:

Yes, I've been wrong once or twice here (based on this post only once).  Grin
Yet people still bring this same thing up all the time but in the same token forgets the numerous times when the permabulls have been wrong.

The dump from 0.004 was since Warz decided to get rid off many of his coins in Polo.

As I told earlier, I asked people to support 0.004 and got a negative response from the community (if you look at that message, it should be below it unless the author has moved it away).
That was a big red flag to me and I decided to look for a exit. Unofrtunately I was not fast enough and ended up doing it around 0.003 and lost a lot of money in this.

I don't know how many times I still have to repeat the same old stuff here... Instead of quoting this you could also quote my response to the critique always under this post. It would be much more honest way to do.
It's not really about being right or wrong. You change your writing style depending on what position you have. When you hold monero you will write ANYTHING that supports the price going up. Similarly when you have sold you will write ANYTHING that supports it going down. It's dishonest.

Melbustus
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 10:04:27 PM

What's the current thinking on sidechains' impact on Monero (assuming Blockstream gets their opcode through)? Will there be any significant advantages for Monero vs a well-implemented cryptonote sidechain?

(Sorry if this has been discussed a lot recently - signal/noise in this thread seems highish right now)

Bitcoin is the first monetary system to credibly offer perfect information to all economic participants.
pinky

Activity: 538
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 10:21:06 PM

I think we are going to test the lows. By the end of summer we are going to have resolution of the bigger triangle - up or down. Let's pray it'll go up.  Grin

████████████▀████▄████████████████▀███▀████████████████▄█
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████▀█████████████████████▀████████████████████████████
████████▀▀████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████▀███████
      |                  |                  |            
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2015, 10:26:12 PM

What's the current thinking on sidechains' impact on Monero (assuming Blockstream gets their opcode through)? Will there be any significant advantages for Monero vs a well-implemented cryptonote sidechain?

(Sorry if this has been discussed a lot recently - signal/noise in this thread seems highish right now)

(1) people who send BTC in the "ring signature sidechain" (RSSC), taint their BTC who are not entering the RSSC. If their identity is matched with the same identity as who put BTC in the RSSC, this person can become "flagged".
No, it's possible to trustlessly coinswap in and out of such a system, with no detectable connectivity.  And there are many reasons to use such a sidechain, such as improved smart contracting.  I consider improved fungiblity to be an essential basic feature.

Unfortunately, it's appears that it isn't possible to trustlessly swap in and out of monero because the developers of bytecoin didn't carry across smart contract functionality which they didn't understand.  Perhaps the capability could be added later.

Ok, using coinswap is possible, but in that case, you are tainting your coins with coins from the other party. You don't know if the other party is a drug lord for example. Coinswapping coins will still be a risk.

and please adress (3) also:
(3) people who want to get their BTC out of the RSSC, immediately taint those BTC. It's even easier to taint these BTC than BTC put through a mixer or using coinjoin because you don't need to do extensive chainalysis. If/when regulation starts to come down on payment processors and/or miners (see my reddit post about fungibility for more info on the risks of tainting your BTC), these BTC's will be hard to spend in the 'regular economy' or even transact with.

if your answer is again, coinswap. Fine. But why would someone voluntarily taint their coins with RSSC-mixed coins?

and also address why miners, who are generally only interested in the mining profit and not the politics, run an RSSC node?
Even if it doesn't take more resources to do it... if it ever becomes illegal to run a node that supports RSSC (money laundering law for example), I don't think many (big) miners/pools will take the risk.

TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 03:46:52 AM

Might be time to repeat this one:

Yes, I've been wrong once or twice here (based on this post only once).  Grin
Yet people still bring this same thing up all the time but in the same token forgets the numerous times when the permabulls have been wrong.

The dump from 0.004 was since Warz decided to get rid off many of his coins in Polo.

As I told earlier, I asked people to support 0.004 and got a negative response from the community (if you look at that message, it should be below it unless the author has moved it away).
That was a big red flag to me and I decided to look for a exit. Unofrtunately I was not fast enough and ended up doing it around 0.003 and lost a lot of money in this.

I don't know how many times I still have to repeat the same old stuff here... Instead of quoting this you could also quote my response to the critique always under this post. It would be much more honest way to do.
It's not really about being right or wrong. You change your writing style depending on what position you have. When you hold monero you will write ANYTHING that supports the price going up. Similarly when you have sold you will write ANYTHING that supports it going down. It's dishonest.

No it is not dishonest.
It is actually the opposite: I am doing what I am preaching.
If I believe the chance of dump is higher (significiantly) than the chance of going up, I sell my bag and tell also to others that I've sold because it is most likely going down. I do not like keeping secrets. And vice versa.
Market is free and it is open 24/7. I buy when I think th echance of going higher > the chance to go lower and sell when it is opposite.
All my moves can be read pretty easily from the tone of my posts and also what I say.

When it comes to 0.004 being low, it could have been new low and as I've said several times earlier, I would not have any reason to sell unless the community would have agreed with me to make it new low.
I admit, I was wrong there. Even though usually I am right, I am sometimes wrong also.
I guess even the best traders are wrong sometimes, but they know how to fix it and cut the loss before it is way too late.

I am not a permabull, and not permabear neither.
Being permasomething is a way of ignorance and a stupidity at the same league than some religious cults living in cognitive dissonance.

GingerAle
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2015, 04:07:05 AM

wishin i had sold at 0.002 !!

< Track your bitcoins! > < Track them again! > <<< [url=https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1qomqt/what_a_landmark_legal_case_from_mid1700s_scotland/] What is fungibility? >>> 46P88uZ4edEgsk7iKQUGu2FUDYcdHm2HtLFiGLp1inG4e4f9PTb4mbHWYWFZGYUeQidJ8hFym2WUmWc p34X8HHmFS2LXJkf <<< Free subdomains at moneroworld.com!! >>> <<< If you don't want to run your own node, point your wallet to node.moneroworld.com, and get connected to a random node! @@@@ FUCK ALL THE PROFITEERS! PROOF OF WORK OR ITS A SCAM !!! @@@@
aerbax

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2015, 04:44:53 AM

wishin i had sold at 0.002 !!

Trying to predict the upswings and downswings is just way too stressful for me.  I find it much easier to just buy a little more at each dip.

I reached my target quantity last week, so unless we suffer a major drop in price, I'm a content little guppy in a sea of whales.  Wink

pönde

Activity: 308
Merit: 109

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 07:23:52 AM
Last edit: June 29, 2015, 07:36:00 AM by pönde

Last news in getmonero.org are from March 30.

What is going on with Monero? Could someone write a Monero news to this thread once a week?
dnaleor
Legendary

Activity: 1470

Want privacy? Use Monero!

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 07:47:15 AM

I can't say what "the" current thinking is, but here is my thinking:

Gregory Maxwell is working on something called "Confidential Transactions" which will add privacy to bitcoin using "Pederson commitments" (proposed by Adam Back in 2013).

https://people.xiph.org/~greg/confidential_values.txt

Everyone should keep an eye on this.

I don't know all the technical details of his proposal, but just think theoretically here:
A sidechain which works perfectly like Monero is introduced, what are the consequences?

(1) people who send BTC in the "ring signature sidechain" (RSSC), taint their BTC who are not entering the RSSC. If their identity is matched with the same identity as who put BTC in the RSSC, this person can become "flagged".

(2) people can transact within the RSSC anonymously. This has value. (The same value as transacting in XMR).

(3) people who want to get their BTC out of the RSSC, immediately taint those BTC. It's even easier to taint these BTC than BTC put through a mixer or using coinjoin because you don't need to do extensive chainalysis. If/when regulation starts to come down on payment processors and/or miners (see my reddit post about fungibility for more info on the risks of tainting your BTC), these BTC's will be hard to spend in the 'regular economy' or even transact with.

People probably want to avoid (3) happening, so they keep their BTC in the RSSC. But this has disadvantages too, your BTC are locked in this particular sidechain! If another (better) sidechain comes out, you can't migrate them (or maybe you can, don't know if the sidechain proposal allows settlement directly on another sidechain or not). Also, if miners and/or nodes stop supporting the 'obfuscation sidechains' like RSSC (assuming they even wanted to touch them in the first place), you can't even use the transaction system (2) and your BTC became worthless in an unsupported sidechain.

Why risk all that and not just buy XMR? you can always dump them if the market is starting to switch towards another (better) anon cryptocoin? 
GingerAle
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2015, 09:44:36 AM

What is going on with Monero? Could someone write a Monero news to this thread once a week?

Monero News / why old post on site: Fluffypony travels to Europe. Lots of stuff happens. Meanwhile, development occurs. https://github.com/monero-project/bitmonero/commits/master . Commits trump missives.  if you ** really ** want to keep up with whats going on, use the main ANN thread, squat in any #monero channel on IRC, etc.

< Track your bitcoins! > < Track them again! > <<< [url=https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1qomqt/what_a_landmark_legal_case_from_mid1700s_scotland/] What is fungibility? >>> 46P88uZ4edEgsk7iKQUGu2FUDYcdHm2HtLFiGLp1inG4e4f9PTb4mbHWYWFZGYUeQidJ8hFym2WUmWc p34X8HHmFS2LXJkf <<< Free subdomains at moneroworld.com!! >>> <<< If you don't want to run your own node, point your wallet to node.moneroworld.com, and get connected to a random node! @@@@ FUCK ALL THE PROFITEERS! PROOF OF WORK OR ITS A SCAM !!! @@@@
pönde

Activity: 308
Merit: 109

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 10:23:50 AM

Monero News / why old post on site: Fluffypony travels to Europe. Lots of stuff happens. Meanwhile, development occurs. https://github.com/monero-project/bitmonero/commits/master . Commits trump missives.  if you ** really ** want to keep up with whats going on, use the main ANN thread, squat in any #monero channel on IRC, etc.

Thanks.

Do you mean this ANN thread?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=658990.460
Last post seems to be  June 19. Is threre any more active ANN thread?

What anyway ANN stands for?
GingerAle
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2015, 10:31:00 AM

Thanks.

Sorry, I guess its not demarcated as ANN

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=583449.25620

ANN stands for announcement (as far as I know)

in the future, use this string in google

monero site:bitcointalk.org

to find everything monero related in this forum.

DaveyJones

Activity: 768
Merit: 505

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 10:31:26 AM

Thanks.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=583449.0

This thread he is talking of.

And ANN stands for Announcment
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 10:50:54 AM

Monero.  You cannot spell Monero without Nero.  Nero - Rome is burning.  Monero is crashing in value.  Cry

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
elrippo
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 10:54:37 AM

Monero.  You cannot spell Monero without Nero.  Nero - Rome is burning.  Monero is crashing in value.  Cry

Keep your nervs, wait for the long run  Roll Eyes

For Advertisement. PM me to discuss.
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 10:56:50 AM

Is there a legit reason for Monero losing price?  I haven't seen one.  It's just normal patterns.  In some weeks or months it'll be going up again.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2015, 11:47:02 AM

Is there a legit reason for Monero losing price?  I haven't seen one.  It's just normal patterns.  In some weeks or months it'll be going up again.

Dude, really? You make the above comment, but post this https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1103206.0.

To FUD or not to FUD is a lame question.

Roll Eyes

Calabi–Yau Manifold

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 12:02:21 PM

Normal market move after monero bubble. Buy target 0.001-0.0015
rangedriver

Activity: 714
Merit: 504

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 01:51:23 PM

Normal market move after monero bubble. Buy target 0.001-0.0015

Chance would be a fine thing. Those sell orders around 19-20 are unlikely to hang around for long. Too many people are in the XMR game now, and those buying for the long-term are snapping up wherever they can.
Pages: « 1 ... 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 [334] 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 ... 2191 »
  Print  

Jump to: