Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:12:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 [267] 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 ... 2191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation  (Read 3312366 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
smooth (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 07:35:10 AM

I don't know if a 40K market sell was orchestrated or not but many other coins in Polo happened to do just the same (ie: Market buy in VRC got my play money order sold in a jiffy). I believe the resistance at these levels won't let us go further down. As I've previously mentioned I think that's a nice price to accumulate more. That's why I bought.

On the other hand I don't see a drop in the hash rate (at least the one reported in Minergate where I'm mining) which I expected as the price went down (we had similar paradigms in other altcoins in the pasts). But, I don't know if this number is accurate so don't take my word for it. Roll Eyes

The hash rate is down a bit (around 800m now), but has dropped much less than the price from the 0.004 range. It went up less than the price too, when it was rising. If the price had stayed up longer, I guess miners would have eventually flocked too it. Of course there are fluctuations in the hash rate.

In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vgo
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1019

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 07:37:15 AM

0.0018 in 3,2,1...

Ready?
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 07:40:49 AM

Why dumping, this doesn´t help our Monero  Huh
I am buying and waiting with a nice cup of tea  Grin

Dumping means lower price.
Lower price means one is able to buy more coins.
If you are a long term holder, you are literally praying for cheap coins which you can cold-store.
When the emission is scarce (yes in dollars it is low even now, only a few thousand dollars per day), it is possible to go sky high and even replace bitcoin in the #1 marketcap coin. Especially in time when Monero emits with lower numbers of coins than btc.

Dumping the coins now is definetely better idea than dumping at 0.0005 levels.  Wink
Those who are bears now will be bulls when their bitcoins are needed the most desperatively by the markets.

Therefore, now is time to pay all your bills and waite until Monero finds the price where it stabilizes.
Last time Monero stabilized around 0.0009-0.0011 levels so I am expecting at least a lot of resistance on those levels.

And yes, Monero made lower highs. This bull run took us only to 0.0043 levels while the bull run in 2014 summer took it over 0.01. Chances are the bottom price is also lower than the bottom price of the previous bear market.

That being said, now is now and last time was last time. We cannot predict exactly how the coin plays out this time.
However, I personally give it relatively high probability to go sub 0.001 levels during this bear market.
Jojatekok

Activity: 264
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 09:03:52 AM

do it otoh, do it...dump everything you raging whale  Grin

so a lot of people have a good entry point  Kiss

It was Warz this time...

Code:
Monero  (XMR): 47hK4gehaMrFTQCiV5FEmM54hpqTrdHudb9nUBG88NicBDpxH4TGuh3TmW84Dc6dpMiEiBLGvJCuT3xC3LNHctmx7mG8NLM
Bitcoin (BTC): 14wHehBtFt321WTV15khon8Juaxh9drnfJ
dreamspark

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 10:16:40 AM

On the other hand I don't see a drop in the hash rate (at least the one reported in Minergate where I'm mining) which I expected as the price went down (we had similar paradigms in other altcoins in the past). But, I don't know if this number is accurate so don't take my word for it. Roll Eyes

I wonder why that could be Huh

The fact that its still pretty much all botnets/datacenter owners/sys admins perhaps.
nakaone

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 10:25:27 AM

To all the people leaving, I have to wonder, why were you here to begin with?

I'm here because I am in need a means of sending value over long distances quickly, cheaply, and privately as well as a means of storing value privately. Maybe i will leave monero when some better alternative exists for accomplishing these same ends but until such an alternative exists i will continue to need monero. Just as a person who has nails sticking up needs a hammer.

I asumme you belong to a group of probably less than 200 person on this planet who really see the use case and (private store of value) the potential of monero - aminorex assumed it could be a group of 1000 people - I guess it is much smaller.

the rest is pump and dump daytraders etc. pp.

we will see if the group can grow over the next months and years. the intrinsic value of xmr is out of question.

Still, for anything to be a store of value, price needs to stabilize and XMR, along with all crypto, has yet to really show stability in terms of volatility. Now, you could say PMs are still pretty volatile and yes, they are, but not to the degree of crypto.

that is why I called it potential - the argument that something needs to show stability is somewhat weird - if the fundamentals are given it will show stability in the future.

if you like, like most here, explanations of free market behaviour, crypto does not show stability in terms of prices due to incomplete information.
Bassica

Activity: 283
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 10:59:18 AM

Well well well.. Looks like we got ragedumped to <0.002. Pretty amusing to see the heavy emotions involved here. This is a game of the brain rather then the heart. Don't loose yourself in the manic depressed state roaming in the xmr topics now, the coin/project isn't that different than 2 weeks ago when bitcoin parity was being predicted (also foolish, manical even). It goes up, it goes down

I would've thought that we would stop around the 22.5-23.8 region, guess I was wrong. Sub 2 is buying opportunity. This project has a lot of good stuff coming.
GingerAle
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2015, 11:15:25 AM

Well well well.. Looks like we got ragedumped to <0.002. Pretty amusing to see the heavy emotions involved here. This is a game of the brain rather then the heart. Don't loose yourself in the manic depressed state roaming in the xmr topics now, the coin/project isn't that different than 2 weeks ago when bitcoin parity was being predicted (also foolish, manical even). It goes up, it goes down

I would've thought that we would stop around the 22.5-23.8 region, guess I was wrong. Sub 2 is buying opportunity. This project has a lot of good stuff coming.

2 Weeks ago, ~90,000 coins were held by 2 individuals. Now they're not.

Which is roughly 6 days of emissions.

Assuming any one person can't be the whole hashrate, lets just assume they are the "unknown" in https://monerohash.com/#network

So thats 16.5%, so thats 6 days X 0.165 = 37 days.

and buying back 90k coins would cost a lot at any point.

My point is, whale rage is becoming more expensive.

< Track your bitcoins! > < Track them again! > <<< [url=https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1qomqt/what_a_landmark_legal_case_from_mid1700s_scotland/] What is fungibility? >>> 46P88uZ4edEgsk7iKQUGu2FUDYcdHm2HtLFiGLp1inG4e4f9PTb4mbHWYWFZGYUeQidJ8hFym2WUmWc p34X8HHmFS2LXJkf <<< Free subdomains at moneroworld.com!! >>> <<< If you don't want to run your own node, point your wallet to node.moneroworld.com, and get connected to a random node! @@@@ FUCK ALL THE PROFITEERS! PROOF OF WORK OR ITS A SCAM !!! @@@@
drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 11:28:47 AM

So what's the reason this time for the dumps?
rangedriver

Activity: 714
Merit: 504

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 11:33:12 AM

do it otoh, do it...dump everything you raging whale  Grin

so a lot of people have a good entry point  Kiss

It was Warz this time...

That kinda makes me feel less guilty about dumping onto Warz's 0.0025 buy wall a few days ago.
BlockaFett

Activity: 392
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 12:08:54 PM
Last edit: April 29, 2015, 12:28:28 PM by BlockaFett

Just my opinion, but something to do with your toxic core devs running around BCT trying to denigrate the competition, instead of the *much needed* development that would get your wallet to a functional level that would let exchanges like Cryptsy have the confidence to add it, let alone real users in a real market... who according to your devs are 'too stupid' to use the dysfunctional code they are in 'stewardship' of that is in essentially the same state as when they cloned it from the 'Bytecoin scam' one year ago - way to attract new buyers. (But don't worry, according to them they at least removed the scam code embedded in the software that they admitted gave the developers a deliberate and unfair advantage after other people had to point it out to them - nice to know).

After one year of zero innovation on top of Bytecoin (apart from MyMonero.com, the first of several centralized payment websites envisaged, owned, developed and operated by your lead Dev FluffyPony, soon to be followed by PayBee.com that will presumably require more "investment" from you guys, and hopefully turn out better than his VertPay website that he tried to raise $200k from Vertcoin investors for right before he joined Monero), it's becoming ridiculous to keep saying 'Monero is the only safe way to store money, how come it's dumping' - like the other day when FluffyPony's centralized payment website went down and no one could deposit coins to Poloniex and his solution was to "call him on his mobile if he is asleep" - the system doesn't work.

Essentially, the bubble of bullsh*t is bursting..  Monero is not unique at this stage, it is just another cryptonote clone, and it's credibility is so tarnished thank to the dev's scammy behaviour (my subjective opinion), DSH on Poloniex is probably a better investment right now IMO, at least it *doesn't* have this kind of dev team.  

I think that's the real reason why no one on the dev team is pushing for new exchanges - without everything going through Poloniex, which is controlled by a few whales like Warz, the bullsh*t bubble would have burst a long time ago, e.g. if it was also on Cryptsy / Finex and the non-Poloniex volume was <$1000 per day across all these big exchanges, just like it is like that now with Bittrex / BTER, market demand would start to look more fake than it does already (with the only XMR in buy books apparently being 4 huge whale buy walls now which I suspect will be 'on the move' when the price gets near as usual).  Take Poloniex out of the equation and XMR in this state would be < $200k within a few days I suspect, i.e. without the ability to run a marketing scam by controlling the conversation on BCT <-> Poloniex trollbox and try to make this off-the-shelf clone-code appear to have any use / value and hide the fact that they have done zero innovation as they should have to earn the value they are claiming.

Less bullsh*t, more development.  Value has to be earned, not propped up on a fake exchange and trolled by fake devs who like to talk a lot instead of delivering anything, and offending 100s of people around BCT each day.

V. surprised some real devs haven't just forked Bytecoin, added a GUI and local DB and seen if this tech can actually go somewhere in the real market, or maybe that is a comment on the CryptoNote tech itself, IDK.

If you want to see what your 'devs' are really like, check how right now all they are doing is trying to get Dash 2 little stars on a 3rd party guide site even after they got laughed out for saying Dash was a premine: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=199685.msg11215773#msg11215773

Most toxic dev team on earth.  Your responsibility as investors - fix it.

stslimited

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 12:17:27 PM

awesome awesome, I'm back fellas

Now that the Monero train is near levels where I sold at the beginning of the last rally
smooth (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 12:27:53 PM

(But don't worry, according to them they at least removed the scam code embedded in the software that they admitted gave the developers a deliberate and unfair advantage after other people had to point it out to them - nice to know).

Who pointed it out? As far as I know, NoodleDoodle found it and fixed it.

I think that's the real reason why no one on the dev team is pushing for new exchanges

This is untrue. We've been in touch with pretty much every exchange, and have offered to help any exchange integrate. We get three answers:

1. We're working on it
2. We're not adding new coins
3. Monero isn't big enough

There is no "reason no one on the dev team is pushing for new exchanges" because that just isn't true.

not propped up on a fake exchange

Do you some sort of have evidence Poloniex is a "fake exchange" or are you just making a baseless attack on a reputable crypto exchange business (who for example paid back 100% of their users after a hack last year) without any evidence.

BlockaFett

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 12:33:52 PM

(But don't worry, according to them they at least removed the scam code embedded in the software that they admitted gave the developers a deliberate and unfair advantage after other people had to point it out to them - nice to know).

Who pointed it out? As far as I know, NoodleDoodle found it and fixed it.

I think that's the real reason why no one on the dev team is pushing for new exchanges

This is untrue. We've been in touch with pretty much every exchange, and have offered to help any exchange integrate. We get three answers:

1. We're working on it
2. We're not adding new coins
3. Monero isn't big enough

There is no "reason no one on the dev team is pushing for new exchanges" because that just isn't true.

fake exchange

Do you some sort of have evidence Poloniex is a "fake exchange" or are you just making a baseless attack on a reputable crypto exchange business (who for example paid back 100% of their users after a hack last year) without any evidence.

It's my subjective opinion Smooth - the first text in my post is "Just my opinion but..." - one doesn't need to prove an opinion, and one shouldn't present opinions as facts as you do in nearly every post you make.

"There is no "reason no one on the dev team is pushing for new exchanges" because that just isn't true." - that is your opinion.  In my opinion, that is false.  

I don't accept the reasons you give why exchanges haven't added it either.  I am guessing it's more like they don't want to mess around with users losing payments because they are 'too stupid' to have to deal with sending PaymentIDs and the exchanges don't want the support overhead.  Or have to run a dedicated server to host the blockchain in RAM.  

But I guess the obvious point is with your wallet being in such a horrid state and with so many basic issues, and after 1 year none of this was fixed and instead the Devs are going around trying to mask subjective accusations as provable facts that the rest of crypto should agree with your interpretation of how your competitor are all scams, it looks like a scam - again, my subjective opinion.
Shrikez

Activity: 399
Merit: 263

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 12:40:43 PM

-words-

OT:

You, sir, are the most obnoxious and disgusting individual on this forum. Your obsession with Monero only shows your fear and, additionally, your total lack of understanding what the meaning of Open Source is.

Personally, I'd much prefer if the involved Monero devs would leave Dash alone. I'll give you that. After all, all points have been made and any serious investor/speculator/ideologist has access to all the relevant information to make up his mind.
But it's their choice so there's not much I can do about that. Just as it is their choice to waste their time by answering you. Miraculously level-headed I might add.

As for your proficiency in trolling I admit defeat. You got to me. I'd bitchslap you from lobby to top floor and back. Seems I am the lesser person after all.

/spits

Die Würde des Menschen ist unantastbar
smooth (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 12:41:14 PM

BlockaFett, I'm just asking about your claim that Poloniex is a "fake exchange."

So if you have some evidence to support your opinion that Poloniex is a fake exchange, please let us know, because that is a very significant allegation and one people who trade Monero (the topic of this thread) would certainly want to know about.

Also, and I apologize for going slightly off topic for the thread, but I still want to know who pointed out the crippled mining code to us, another one of your claims. I thought it was NoodleDoodle. Or did you just make that up?

As far as the exchanges, I'm just telling you what they've told us, and cryptsy in particular has said mulitple times in public that they are working on it. So maybe they are lying to everyone and your reasons are actually the real ones. I don't know.

smooth (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 12:51:47 PM

Deleted rangedriver's and elripp's replies that both quoted BlockaFett's post but added no meaningful content
rangedriver

Activity: 714
Merit: 504

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 12:53:27 PM

But I guess the obvious point is with your wallet being in such a horrid state and with so many basic issues, and after 1 year none of this was fixed and instead the Devs are going around trying to mask subjective accusations as provable facts that the rest of crypto should agree with your interpretation off, it looks like a scam - again, my subjective opinion.

Luckily, the markets don't agree with your subjectivity. If XMR was a scam the markets would have rejected it, much in the way the markets have rejected all of XMR's 'competitors' - not least Bytecoin.

XMR markets rise and fall, largely due to it's investors telepathically and enharmonically performing a 'mexican wave' with the view to accumulating more; a symptom of a mechanism that people actually believe in.

Consider this: If the XMR wallet is in such a horrid state as you say, then it is surely is reflected in the price and market cap. Any future rectifications will simultaneously rectify the price and market cap accordingly.

It should be noted that there is a big difference in investing in a five star hotel at the architectural level, and investing in an already-built hotel that is demonstrably flawed.

Why did DRK/DSH fail? Maybe it was branding suicide, maybe it was masternode peeking, or maybe people simply woke up about the instamine issue. I don't know. But I do know that honesty and fairness are critical components to any altcoin.

If a coin has shown itself to be born out of insidious intent (and in the case of DSH this certainly pertains to the administration's failure to acknowledge the instamine) then it surely should be shouted from the all of the rooftops, so vigorously, that everyone knows exactly what they are investing in.

I don't believe that is the definition of toxicity. I believe it is the right thing to do.

BlockaFett

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 12:54:46 PM

-words-

OT:

You, sir, are the most obnoxious and disgusting individual on this forum. Your obsession with Monero only shows your fear and, additionally, your total lack of understanding what the meaning of Open Source is.

Personally, I'd much prefer if the involved Monero devs would leave Dash alone. I'll give you that. After all, all points have been made and any serious investor/speculator/ideologist has access to all the relevant information to make up his mind.
But it's their choice so there's not much I can do about that. Just as it is their choice to waste their time by answering you. Miraculously level-headed I might add.

As for your proficiency in trolling I admit defeat. You got to me. I'd bitchslap you from lobby to top floor and back. Seems I am the lesser person after all.

/spits

I'm here because i just spent 2 days arguing with them during their 'bum-rush' of the CoinMarketCap thread and when I asked them basic questions they run off.

For example Fluffy accusing Dash of premine to the CMC dev and running off when I challenged him: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=199685.msg11215773#msg11215773

And then Smooth refusing to say whether he even did or didn't agree with his fellow core-dev's accusation: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=199685.msg11217455#msg11217455

And they are *still there* today trying to *change* CoinMarketCap's rating system - their fucking ratings system lol - to fit Monero's interpretation of which coins are scams, which just *coincidentally* is all of Monero's competition and not Monero.

And it's backfiring because people are starting to point out the problems with Monero's launch, although notice no one is neurotically asking CMC to change XMR's ratings like *your devs are doing* https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=199685.msg11223742#msg11223742

And your devs are there doing this *after* CMC already removed the last rating that your devs pushed them to change for Dash and made CMC look stupid.  This is toxic behaviour, undermines every righteous thing they claim about the goals of Monero - this is a couple of blatant scammers IMO, or maybe the XMR price is doing great, the tech is mature and they have some free time and they hate scams?  Heard it all before...

If your toxic devs weren't spending all day finding new ways to sabotage their competition and making everyone on the receiving end livid at their incessant and neurotic quest to raise their value by attacking everyone else, I wouldn't be here.  
smooth (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 01:00:37 PM

I'm here because i just spent 2 days arguing with them during their 'bum-rush' of the CoinMarketCap thread and when I asked them basic questions they run off.
If your toxic devs weren't ... I wouldn't be here.

If you are saying that you are here bent on retaliation, then you are welcome to leave.

If you have substantive points to make, you're welcome to make them, but continuing to repeat that Monero devs are "toxic" according to you because we feel that instamined coins are disreputable and should be clearly identified as such, and because we will advocate for that standard, does not count as substantive points.

Also, I still want to know who identified the crippled mining code and what basis you have, if any, for calling Poloniex a "fake exchange".
Pages: « 1 ... 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 [267] 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 ... 2191 »
  Print  

Jump to: