Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:36:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 [259] 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 ... 2191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation  (Read 3312366 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
vgo
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1019

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 08:36:24 PM

Nice Polo trap, but...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 08:38:28 PM

A lot of support up against a price that seems low with very little in the way of resistance. Support that is by definition real considering how close it is to the trading price. Bouncing off a fib retracement level (source risto). Don't want to get my hopes up too much since the big market order seller(s?) may not be done yet, but looking pretty good gentlemen. Promising indicators.

I think there is still good chances to go lower.
If the price will not move clearly above 0.003, the current mini rally is called "dead cat rally" which is only a temporal and the last breaths of the Goliath before falling in front of David's slingshot.

BTW, copngratulations on buying low... Now you have a nice chance to take the profits.  Grin There is some liquidity (not much though - even a middle size dumpster can eat all the liquidity).

Na im in it for the long haul, not to play. I may do well this one time but on the long term if i open that box it will bite me. I'm smart enough to know not to open that box. If it goes lower ill just buy more and take some profits at all time highs some day.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 08:40:10 PM

A lot of support up against a price that seems low with very little in the way of resistance. Support that is by definition real considering how close it is to the trading price. Bouncing off a fib retracement level (source risto). Don't want to get my hopes up too much since the big market order seller(s?) may not be done yet, but looking pretty good gentlemen. Promising indicators.

I think there is still good chances to go lower.
If the price will not move clearly above 0.003, the current mini rally is called "dead cat rally" which is only a temporal and the last breaths of the Goliath before falling in front of David's slingshot.

BTW, copngratulations on buying low... Now you have a nice chance to take the profits.  Grin There is some liquidity (not much though - even a middle size dumpster can eat all the liquidity).

Na im in it for the long haul, not to play. I may do well this one time but on the long term if i open that box it will bite me. I'm smart enough to know not to open that box. If it goes lower ill just buy more and take some profits at all time highs some day.

I wish you success.
It is against the odds and if you succeed you really have deserved it.
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4891

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 11:01:52 PM

The money is coming from the treasures of the wicked into the hands of the righteous ones.

This has to be a bad joke, or a prophesy of your own demise, in the view of some of your old quotes from the same month, visible in the previous page.

What I can say to your credit, is that your despicable character prompted me to read Hitler's biography. Apparently the guy was very opposed against liars and thieves.

Nothing in this message should be construed to mean anything above its literal meaning and must be quoted fully including disclaimer.

I could tolerate an excited person pumping an ideal that he believes in but with this pump & dump attitude it is merely a bad joke when you consider his low quality posts in general.

Lol, He's been on ignore so long I only have to see him when you guys quote his foolishness. Looking like expected, It won't be long before I'm back in.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2015, 11:23:04 PM

Good boy, cough up those cheap coins for us.   Smiley

Is that all you got?  The market is rallying off your fail-whale rage-dump.

Now puke up the rest.  DashHoles don't deserve to have a single Monero.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
BlockaFett

Activity: 392
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 01:04:46 AM

It looks possible that we have abruptly come to the end of the correction  Shocked

- The price point required for a 2nd Fib correction (225) was reached
- If we close at 253 or higher, there is a strong green hammer in the daily chart
- Volume is sharply up
- There is some capitulation mentality and/or trolls dancing on the table (only a little, but enough for a midmove retracement bottom).

What do you think about this, guys? Quite a surprise?

I never saw an XMR speculation thread before...

Checking out Poloniex I don't think there is much to speculate on the Monero price using TA is there?..you can see this user Warz parking a 50BTC-80BTC buy wall just below the market price, like here:

Quite interesting he bought up from .0023 then just kept moving the walls up all the way to ..00255 - this way it seems he has a lot of control on the price...

...because if people start to dump into his walls, if he doesn't budge, he can just add more walls and build a base.  Or if people dump on him and he moves the walls down, the price drops and he moves the wall down the books like he has done now.

...and to pump he buys up and then moves the walls up to create a big support level like he did today.

So quite easy to predict the Monero price based on what a few whales are doing and all via Poloniex?  That explains why on the price chart there are never any big movements, the whale's buy walls moving up and down are too big for lots of small users.  And it suggests XMR distribution is a few mega-whales and lots of small holders, but I haven't seen any stats on what XMR distribution actually looks like?

And because 98% of Monero volume is through Poloniex (because Fluffy is trying to get HitBTC delisted from CoinMarketCap so exclude that) and Poloniex is a trollbox-based exchange it's quite easy to set the price if you have enough XMR I think...except when some other whales dump or pump and it gets messy like recently, but quite easy to predict..?

BlockaFett

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 01:18:24 AM

Checking out Poloniex I don't think there is much to speculate on the Monero price using TA is there?..you can see this user Warz parking a 50BTC-80BTC buy wall just below the market price, like here:

Do you have any proof its his walls? Like I can look at a blockexplorer and see Dash was instamined for 2 million coins in 48 hours? Undecided

Sure, it's not exactly a secret there I think:

^BTW that is an example of real evidence what a specific person did, not a chart showing coins you can't say even who all the people were during the launch, never mind what one person mined - that would be v. scammy Wink

kazuki49

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 01:21:04 AM

Do you have any proof its his walls? Like I can look at a blockexplorer and see Dash was instamined for 2 million coins in 48 hours? Undecided

^BTW that is an example of real evidence what a specific person did, not a chart showing coins you can't say even who all the people were during the launch, never mind what one person mined - that would be v. scammy Wink

How can you be sure its him, how do you know other person that was there didn't put the Bitcoins so poor Warz wouldn't look so foolish? He could not have 2 bitcoin to rub together, and here you are embarrassing yourself with your crazy theories. Its like you are trying to find the real ring signature again.  Undecided
smooth (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 01:24:21 AM

So quite easy to predict the Monero price based on what a few whales are doing and all via Poloniex?  That explains why on the price chart there are never any big movements, the whale's buy walls moving up and down are too big for lots of small users.  And it suggests XMR distribution is a few mega-whales and lots of small holders, but I haven't seen any stats on what XMR distribution actually looks like?

I'm not necessarily agreeing or disagreeing, but if the part about being "quite easy to predict" where true then you should making a lot of money trading Monero, right?

I don't really see a good case that Monero is more influenced by whales than any other coin. They all have their whales.

BlockaFett

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 01:34:21 AM

How can you be sure its him, how do you know other person that was there didn't put the Bitcoins so poor Warz wouldn't look so foolish? He could not have 2 bitcoin to rub together, and here you are embarrassing yourself with your crazy theories.

Because he was on there all day writing about it in the trollbox lol...

First he was talking about 'price manipulation' lol

Then Monero price dumped to 0.0023 he first added some 50BTC walls, then he just bought up the books:

Then he was adding a 40k XMR sell order for like 2 seconds and removing it  and said he was 'painting the charts'

It looks like pretty much all of the buying was by him / his associates today (although he got some dumping at .0025 and pulled the walls down to where they are now)

It's legal what he is doing, not a crime.  But my point is, because this is how it is, it's quite easy to predict XMR based on this, don't need TA....

BlockaFett

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 01:41:31 AM

I'm not necessarily agreeing or disagreeing, but if the part about being "quite easy to predict" where true then you should making a lot of money trading Monero, right?

I don't really see a good case that Monero is more influenced by whales than any other coin. They all have their whales.

Because I don't know what Warz or whoever is going to decide next.  Maybe tomorrow they wake up and want a different coin..  Every time I traded I bought / sold at the worse possible time..  Even with Warz guarantee I would get it wrong...not a trader.  I just accumulate what I think will be around in the long term based on what the devs say their long term goals are and whether I believe they will achieve it or not from researching it.
BlockaFett

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 01:43:39 AM

It's legal what he is doing, not a crime.  But my point is, because this is how it is, it's quite easy to predict XMR based on this, don't need TA....

So what you are basically saying is that you can "predict" someone will buy Monero if it goes down (sock  Shocked), and you can't prove Warz bought anything!  Lips sealed no words blob, no words.

Its pretty simple - XMR is effectively a single-exchange coin, and on that exchange there is a constant floating buywall way-bigger than any small XMR investors can touch, being moved up and down, with the whales who own it talking about it in the trollbox - the proof is the whale's words themselves Kazuke!  Kiss
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2015, 01:55:19 AM

Because I don't know what Warz or whoever is going to decide next.  Maybe tomorrow they wake up and want a different coin..  Every time I traded I bought / sold at the worse possible time..  Even with Warz guarantee I would get it wrong...not a trader.  I just accumulate what I think will be around in the long term based on what the devs say their long term goals are and whether I believe they will achieve it or not from researching it.

My guess is this will turn out as well as your trading, dashboy.

BlockaFett

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 01:58:50 AM

Its pretty simple - XMR is effectively a single-exchange coin, and on that exchange there is a constant floating buywall way-bigger than any small XMR investors can touch, being moved up and down, with the whales who own it talking about it in the trollbox - the proof is the whale's words themselves Kazuke!  Kiss

I'm not convinced, you have to proof in one line, besides we all know the buy walls magically appear and no human being is behind them if so they are tampering with mother nature  Undecided

That's all the proof I have, and your right, it's not conclusive, Warz could be lying and it's somebody else, I can't prove that...just sharing the info, if you don't agree I respect that, and no need for me to post it again.
BlockaFett

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 02:11:32 AM

Honestly, I would never have guessed you felt like that about Dash Generalize.

If I believed the Monero FUD that he's an 'instaminer' who will dump in week 3, but obviously he's still here in week 70 coding new stuff all day like instant transactions and he grew it to be the leading alt so i would have to be pretty new to think that that guy was an insta-dumper.  

Monero markets would worry me a lot more about people dumping and running off than the dash team...just sayin...poloniex situation isn't healthy...needs fixing
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2015, 02:19:32 AM

If I believed the Monero FUD that he's an 'instaminer' who will dump in week 3, but obviously he's still here in week 70 coding new stuff all day like instant transactions and he grew it to be the leading alt so i would have to be pretty new to think that that guy was an insta-dumper.  

Monero markets would worry me a lot more about people dumping and running off than the dash team...just sayin...poloniex situation isn't healthy...needs fixing

Blocka when this sham comes falling around you, just remember you were warned. I'm not even going to laugh or pull a "I told you so." That thing has scam written all over it, and in hindsight, you'll get what some from Monero, and others, have been saying. You've been told--it's the people who haven't or don't realize how dash got its start that I'm going to make sure see it for what it is. 500k in an hour will never be a "instamine," it will always be an instamine no quotation marks required.

opennux

Activity: 231
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 02:22:31 AM

I'm not convinced, you have to proof in one line, besides we all know the buy walls magically appear and no human being is behind them if so they are tampering with mother nature  Undecided

It's a theory and a speculation of his. Just like any other writing in here. BlockaFett finally actually writes something that's not trolling per se, and a legitimate observation. If someone else where to have written what he just wrote, the sentiment towards the content would have been different. I suggest welcoming his new-found tone a bit more.
There's nothing wrong about being concerned that polo is the only legit exchange for Monero.
opennux

Activity: 231
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 02:25:48 AM

Blocka when this sham comes falling around you, just remember you were warned. I'm not even going to laugh or pull a "I told you so." That thing has scam written all over it, and in hindsight, you'll get what some from Monero, and others, have been saying. You've been told--it's the people who haven't or don't realize how dash got its start that I'm going to make sure see it for what it is. 500k in an hour will never be a "instamine," it will always be an instamine not quotation marks required.

Regardless of his affiliations, I concur with him that the Darkcoin team likely never is going to dump. Why'd they ever do that? Slowly seeping is another thing entirely. Other big holders might though, and some have already done so recently.
0nlyBTC

Activity: 289
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 02:32:21 AM
Last edit: April 26, 2015, 02:47:24 AM by 0nlyBTC

Lots of drama here. So what were the predictions? TL;DR
BlockaFett

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 02:37:12 AM

Blocka when this sham comes falling around you, just remember you were warned. I'm not even going to laugh or pull a "I told you so." That thing has scam written all over it, and in hindsight, you'll get what some from Monero, and others, have been saying. You've been told--it's the people who haven't or don't realize how dash got its start that I'm going to make sure see it for what it is. 500k in an hour will never be a "instamine," it will always be an instamine not quotation marks required.

Regardless of his affiliations, I concur with him that the Darkcoin team likely never is going to dump. Why'd they ever do that? Slowly seeping is another thing entirely. Other big holders might though, and some have already done so recently.

I agree and don't think the Monero devs would dump and run off either especially after seeing Poloniex think i understand better...both dev groups have been there for 1+ year, if either were dumpers they would have done it already because dumpers don't hang around especially through ATHs.  As to how much coins each has, IDK, but I said before, if they are staying the course and not dumpers, i hope they have enough coins so they don't lose motivation, it is important.  BTW I only post on Monero when I see all the "Dash is a SCAM!!!" posts and end up on some other thread, it's not productive I think I will take a break from BCT because I only came back online to see how Dash rebrand went.
Pages: « 1 ... 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 [259] 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 ... 2191 »
  Print  

Jump to: