Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:07:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 [262] 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 ... 2191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation  (Read 3312366 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
kazuki49

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 08:34:34 PM

I don't think the GUI is the key. Monero appeals most to extremely intelligent people who also have lots of money (aminorex, ArticMine). This type of guys will be the deciders of the price in the short (1 year) term. The masses come later.

I should refocus to the MiG thing. That is directing to the above segment. Here, my laborious scenario analyses did not receive even one comment. That is indicative that you aren't even interested in Monero here! We need more leaders, and we are bound to get them on board in the coming months.

One thing I will comment on is that I'm a bit surprised what little investment is necessary to buy your way into the top 1%.

It is very little, Monero bellow Doge in marketcap is a travesty.

As I believe in that I buy all I can.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
smooth (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 08:52:22 PM

I don't think the GUI is the key. Monero appeals most to extremely intelligent people who also have lots of money (aminorex, ArticMine). This type of guys will be the deciders of the price in the short (1 year) term. The masses come later.

It does help some investors who aren't necessarily comfortable with command line tools and don't want to keep their coins on a web site. Unfortunately even the third party GUI wallets at present require some facility with the command line to install and configure.

Only a basic GUI is needed for this target market, not something that would attract or serve the masses.
MataKhobRazi

Activity: 876
Merit: 568

( ͡⊙ ͜ʖ ͡⊙)

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 09:10:13 PM

I should refocus to the MiG thing. That is directing to the above segment. Here, my laborious scenario analyses did not receive even one comment. That is indicative that you aren't even interested in Monero here! We need more leaders, and we are bound to get them on board in the coming months.

Just so you know, I read and enjoyed everything you wrote on the subject, but did not feel an immediate need to make any comments.

I feel confident there are many others like me. Perhaps we should be more expressive.  Cool

Rpietila, I like reading your analysis and this thread in general. I don't often comment because my english is not perfect. So I prefer being silent but I am among the people that believe in monero and who made long term investment in it ...

Bitcoin : The Only One
pa

Activity: 528
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 09:24:24 PM

I actually enjoyed your analyses and your thoughts behind, but i don´t have anything to add to it.... so i´ll just say thanks for your effort.

I too appreciate your scenario analysis (and many of your other educational and inspiring economic posts on both Bitcoin and Monero) but lack the background in economics and finance to discuss them in depth. I find your analysis thought-provoking, but also a bit unsatisfying, in that many of your assumptions seem arbitrary (or based on personal intuition). I laud your willingness to explicate your thinking, nevertheless. Though I'm still a neophyte at trading and speculation, you and a perhaps a dozen others on this forum and Reddit have been instrumental in opening my mind to the idea that speculation is not merely gambling.
GingerAle
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2015, 09:50:34 PM

I actually enjoyed your analyses and your thoughts behind, but i don´t have anything to add to it.... so i´ll just say thanks for your effort.

I too appreciate your scenario analysis (and many of your other educational and inspiring economic posts on both Bitcoin and Monero) but lack the background in economics and finance to discuss them in depth. I find your analysis thought-provoking, but also a bit unsatisfying, in that many of your assumptions seem arbitrary (or based on personal intuition). I laud your willingness to explicate your thinking, nevertheless. Though I'm still a neophyte at trading and speculation, you and a perhaps a dozen others on this forum and Reddit have been instrumental in opening my mind to the idea that speculation is not merely gambling.

I too read your analyses and appreciate them, but I do not have the skill to add to the conversation or critique them, so they are mostly read in silence. I especially appreciate how honest the analyses are - the percentage success rates or probabilities are always on the "sure it could happen" side of things, which is refreshing - fits the general tone of monero community development - realism, as opposed to the "this is definite and we're all going to be buying spaceships", which you could definitely produce if you so chose, so thanks.

< Track your bitcoins! > < Track them again! > <<< [url=https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1qomqt/what_a_landmark_legal_case_from_mid1700s_scotland/] What is fungibility? >>> 46P88uZ4edEgsk7iKQUGu2FUDYcdHm2HtLFiGLp1inG4e4f9PTb4mbHWYWFZGYUeQidJ8hFym2WUmWc p34X8HHmFS2LXJkf <<< Free subdomains at moneroworld.com!! >>> <<< If you don't want to run your own node, point your wallet to node.moneroworld.com, and get connected to a random node! @@@@ FUCK ALL THE PROFITEERS! PROOF OF WORK OR ITS A SCAM !!! @@@@
Black Arrow

Activity: 46
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 10:18:03 PM

Just so you know, I read and enjoyed everything you wrote on the subject, but did not feel an immediate need to make any comments.

I feel confident there are many others like me. Perhaps we should be more expressive.  Cool

+1
bitcoin_bagholder

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 10:19:44 PM

The money is coming from the treasures of the wicked into the hands of the righteous ones.

This has to be a bad joke, or a prophesy of your own demise, in the view of some of your old quotes from the same month, visible in the previous page.

What I can say to your credit, is that your despicable character prompted me to read Hitler's biography. Apparently the guy was very opposed against liars and thieves.

Nothing in this message should be construed to mean anything above its literal meaning and must be quoted fully including disclaimer.

Theologically it is wrong actually what I claimed here. I basically put it up to provocate you.  Grin

Theologically speaking, a man can be rich and wicked but also righteous and rich.
In case of the first, the reason is G-d repays the few good deeds of a wicked with cash in his/her face so that G-d do not owe anything in the day of Judgement.
The latter case is perhaps a situation of a philantrophist who is the tool to give money to Torah learning and people coming closer to the Creator (note: not Jeshu since he is not a Creator but a wicked human being).

When it comes to Hitler's biography, I am sure he has his reasons to antisemitism. After all, he needed the support of his people to his evil deeds such as Kristallnacht or other redistributions of people's wealth and belongings.
Hitler himself was a thief and murderer.

Pricewise, if Monero ever succeeds, the payoff is not that nice (against btc) so that it would attract many investors at current prices. After all, it has to go up "only" 40 times from the current prices to reach the parity with btc(!!!). This shows how expensive Monero really is currently in relation to bitcoin.

There would've been a permanent display of Hitler's thievery if Nazi Germany hadn't been defeated: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F%C3%BChrermuseum

He issued a decree placing stolen artwork under his control.

Bitmixer sucks

Bit-X sucks
smooth (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 10:22:47 PM

Heads up. 20th century history is largely off topic unless there is some direct connection to Monero
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4891

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 10:32:46 PM

It does help some investors who aren't necessarily comfortable with command line tools and don't want to keep their coins on a web site. Unfortunately even the third party GUI wallets at present require some facility with the command line to install and configure.

Only a basic GUI is needed for this target market, not something that would attract or serve the masses.

Yup, and when the GUI is released (after the prerequisites are met) we can expect the price to make a very large upward swing and bounce around that point. Where that point is is anyone's guess right now. My Guess would be about .05 or so.

BTW Rpietila I also enjoy reading your posts, It's obvious you put alot of effort into them.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 11:32:23 PM

I agree with you here with some qualifications.  The official GUI(s) is only really possible with the database working well.  And when those two things are in place we could see more "masses" come on board.  We have to be ready.

The only danger here is some displacement by a crypto upstart with a gui etc.  But that is an outlier. 

By the way, I found your recent posts VERY interesting.  And so thorough I felt no need to comment much.  I do appreciate the effort. 
oblox
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 11:32:47 PM

Yup, and when the GUI is released (after the prerequisites are met) we can expect the price to make a very large upward swing and bounce around that point. Where that point is is anyone's guess right now. My Guess would be about .05 or so.

BTW Rpietila I also enjoy reading your posts, It's obvious you put alot of effort into them.

I really doubt the GUI alone will result in a price increase that large to be honest. Sure, anything is possible, but I'd wager the probability is exceedingly low.
rpietila
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 11:58:55 PM

Thanks for the support. I find that getting information on Monero to the people who have the highest propensity to appreciate and act on it, is the key to success.

When Monero was listed, David Latapie approached me on PM. He laid out the reasons why I should invest. I did.

I have been approached in a similar way by proponents of quite a few coins both before and after, but never found the reasons to invest compelling enough.

No need for gimmicks. Intelligent people can act on facts. Getting their attention is the difficult part.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 12:07:26 AM

When Monero was listed, David Latapie approached me on PM. He laid out the reasons why I should invest. I did.

He got to you before I did?

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2015, 01:47:10 AM

I was considering buying some Monero with the prices falling recently, but do not like that it only trades on 1 exchange. Do you guys know if any other exchanges are planning to add XMR any time soon? Currently 100% of my crypto holdings are in Bitcoin, and I was wanting to speculate just for the hell of it. Maybe I should hit up fluffy for an OTC trade or something..

FYI I am not a day trader...so I would be buying and HODLing.
smooth (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 01:49:08 AM
Last edit: April 27, 2015, 07:51:51 AM by smooth

I was considering buying some Monero with the prices falling recently, but do not like that it only trades on 1 exchange. Do you guys know if any other exchanges are planning to add XMR any time soon? Currently 100% of my crypto holdings are in Bitcoin, and I was wanting to speculate just for the hell of it.

Monero is on poloniex, bittrex, bter, and probably some other smaller exchanges (including hitbtc, but that is not recommended).

Cryptsy has said they are working on adding it, which they certainly should since it has been at or near the top of their voting list for many months. If you or anyone has some information about why they haven't already done what their users have asked them to do and added it, please let us know.
tifozi

Activity: 742
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 03:35:29 AM

I was considering buying some Monero with the prices falling recently, but do not like that it only trades on 1 exchange. Do you guys know if any other exchanges are planning to add XMR any time soon? Currently 100% of my crypto holdings are in Bitcoin, and I was wanting to speculate just for the hell of it. Maybe I should hit up fluffy for an OTC trade or something..

FYI I am not a day trader...so I would be buying and HODLing.

Welcome.

There are many in the same boat as you and the concern about one major exchange trading almost all volume is valid, but for someone planning and holding on an individual basis, this is a big plus. Purchase -> Local wallet
saddambitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 03:50:33 AM

Do you guys know if any other exchanges are planning to add XMR any time soon?

It was #1 on cryptsy voting for quite some time last summer/fall, even before they allowed paid votes for XMR. they acknowledged to add it at some point.

Not sure why they have not added, tbh. Perhaps they are waiting for the "official" database release.

aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 05:59:39 AM

Perhaps they are not done accumulating yet.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
vokain
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2015, 07:17:21 AM

othe is on a roll Cool

For those of you looking for the bottom, I think you missed it. Smiley

I'm still waiting for ~my~ bottom Smiley
rpietila
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 08:50:23 AM

He got to you before I did?

Yes, the next day following the listing in Polo. I had acknowledged the project before but not researched it during the inception, takeover, otc and cryptonote-exchange days (in total numbering about 30 days).

So I am one of the most senior of the monerenoj as well, having been involved for 90% of the coin's existence.

ADD: I checked that your contact was later. Perhaps the critical threshold was your PM. It's important to get recommendation from existing contacts, (David I did not know at all that time).

Can this information be used to fish other people like me into the coin? I am sure both they and the community benefit  Grin

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
Pages: « 1 ... 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 [262] 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 ... 2191 »
  Print  

Jump to: