Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:08:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 [306] 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 ... 2191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation  (Read 3312366 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4891

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 05:25:15 PM

Has anyone else used this? I really love it! even has the correct colors.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/bitcoin-price-ticker/?src=api

Remember you have to go into the options to turn XMR on.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 06:25:03 PM
Last edit: May 27, 2015, 06:52:52 PM by dEBRUYNE

A new poll: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1071351.0

Also -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1071851.0

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
QuantumQrack

Activity: 337
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 06:38:21 PM

Has anyone else used this? I really love it! even has the correct colors.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/bitcoin-price-ticker/?src=api

Remember you have to go into the options to turn XMR on.

Pretty nifty actually!
Bassica

Activity: 283

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 09:08:20 PM

I think it's high time that btc-e dropped all those nonsense dinosaur coins and replace them with XMR. It just makes sense.

The longer they take to add Monero while keeping these shitcoin, worse are their perceived image overall IMO, Cryptsy e.g. has 0 trust from me now.

These exchanges might not have the technical ability to add XMR. When Mintpal upgraded to V2.0, most bitcoin clone coins were stolen by the owner, but not the XMR as he did not figure out a way to do that.

For cryptsy this can be debunked, since the devs offered help with integrating.

...and KoziTwo's payment gateway has been available for some time.

CrapSea is welcome to shun Monero for as long as they please.  That place is so scamcoin friendly (#1 Darkcoin volume and in bed with GAW/Paycoin) it would make XMR look bad to be seen there.

Forget them, the place we need to be is BTC-E.  Who is up for a trip to Bulgaria and fun with Putin's dark-glasses wearing buddies?   Cool

This, with capital T H I & S.

Btc-e or bitfinex. A serious project deserves a serious exchange.

macsga
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1002

Strange, yet attractive.

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 09:23:13 PM

I've also suggested to Kraken about supporting XMR which (in their thread) Dargo replied that they're not yet considering it. BTW, exchanging XMRs in Polo under these circumstances, looks like an orchestrated movement which has it's (obvious) reasons. Not wearing any tinfoil hat here, but too many coincidences in order to move the price down looks fishy to me. So yes; the sooner we have a bigger/better exchange, the better.

Chaos could be a form of intelligence we cannot yet understand its complexity.
dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 09:53:56 PM

I've also suggested to Kraken about supporting XMR which (in their thread) Dargo replied that they're not yet considering it. BTW, exchanging XMRs in Polo under these circumstances, looks like an orchestrated movement which has it's (obvious) reasons. Not wearing any tinfoil hat here, but too many coincidences in order to move the price down looks fishy to me. So yes; the sooner we have a bigger/better exchange, the better.

Bitfinex would seriously come as a blessing right now. I agree with you on the bolded part, latest price movements just seem a bit unnaturel.

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
smooth (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 10:17:22 PM

IMG
it is very obvious that monero is dying,but now it is better to let it go, and say good bye. Cry

mrkavasaki this is your last warning. You are welcome to express negative opinions about Monero and Monero's price outlook but at least include some kind of reasoning or explanation for it. If your posts do not add meaningfully to the conversation they will be deleted and you will earn the honor of the first person ever banned from the thread
necrita

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 10:44:21 PM

IMG
it is very obvious that monero is dying,but now it is better to let it go, and say good bye. Cry

mrkavasaki this is your last warning. You are welcome to express negative opinions about Monero and Monero's price outlook but at least include some kind of reasoning or explanation for it. If your posts do not add meaningfully to the conversation they will be deleted and you will earn the honor of the first person ever banned from the thread

Smooth, please allow some light hearted trolling in the thread. Can't be all serious in the Monero thread?
mrkavasaki and TrueCryptonaire bring so much value to this thread. /jk
aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 12:11:14 AM

By use as a___?

Contraceptive.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
Johnny Mnemonic

Activity: 795
Merit: 514

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 12:15:41 AM

Not wearing any tinfoil hat here, but too many coincidences in order to move the price down looks fishy to me.

You don't need a tinfoil hat to realize that pretty much every time there's volatility or significant movement in XMR's price, some kind of major disruption/panic occurs to thwart it. Every single time.
kazuki49

Activity: 350

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 12:30:28 AM

Not wearing any tinfoil hat here, but too many coincidences in order to move the price down looks fishy to me.

You don't need a tinfoil hat to realize that pretty much every time there's volatility or significant movement in XMR's price, some kind of major disruption/panic occurs to thwart it. Every single time.

who ever is dumping now is doing us a service, the number of coins the XMR emission gave us the past year will now take 2 years  Smiley
americanpegasus

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 04:48:03 AM

who ever is dumping now is doing us a service, the number of coins the XMR emission gave us the past year will now take 2 years  Smiley

It's crazy to think about...  It sounds quite unfair, but I can't find any good reason why it won't be true:  we are going to buy as much Monero as possible right now and hold onto it (no margin games), and in ten years we are going to be obscenely wealthy. 

All we can do is try to build and work with the technology, help new users, and vow to be responsible stewards of a great amount of wealth. 

I know I get euphoric sometimes, but honestly even if I never said a word it would still happen...  This thing is a beast that isn't past its tipping point yet, but once it reaches a certain 'critical mass' then I don't believe it's growth will be stoppable.

Account is back under control of the real AmericanPegasus.
jehst

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

21 million. I want them all.

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 05:39:11 AM

High supply inflation means that none of us really has any incentive to pump XMR. It's very expensive to maintain an XMR pump for any extended period of time. We do have the incentive to keep the price interesting enough so that the project doesn't die. But there's very little danger of death so long as the devs are committed. As I said a long time ago, don't fear the reaper. A near death experience will only give the devs an increased ability to add to their stakes. That will do nothing but improve the incentives of the devs.

Year 2021
Bitcoin Supply: ~90% mined
Supply Inflation: <1.8%
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2015, 05:45:20 AM

Markets are the ultimate contrarians; when everybody expects XMR's price to increase (irrational exuberance) it will always go down.

This is counter-intuitive, probably because our mammal monkey brains are not wired for Baysian filtering, and thus don't properly discount spammy price-hyping bias confirmations.

The new ability to short XMR acts to price in future emission and thus flatten demand peaks, sometimes to the point of trend-breaking technical damage.

In the longer term, this effect will be mitigated by the countervailing fact that XMR lending is removing tens of thousands of coins from the sell side, and by the inevitable short squeezes.

TL;DR:  Dear Mr. XMR Dumper, please borrow and dump moar XMR.  They still are seem too expensive for my cheapskate early-adopting ass to nobble and HLOD.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2015, 05:48:33 AM

High supply inflation means that none of us really has any incentive to pump XMR. It's very expensive to maintain an XMR pump for any extended period of time. We do have the incentive to keep the price interesting enough so that the project doesn't die. But there's very little danger of death so long as the devs are committed. As I said a long time ago, don't fear the reaper. A near death experience will only give the devs an increased ability to add to their stakes. That will do nothing but improve the incentives of the devs.

Wonderful post!  Fantastic insights!  It's almost as if you have seen this movie before.   Wink

Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
legit_chocolateface

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 08:52:32 AM

I dont know what is about Monero holders,  they alll seem to exhibit this strange sense of fanatical, zealous self-assuredness of it's undeniable superiority which just comes across a little to jehovas' witnessy to me. It's like watching a late night infomercial or reading one of these ebook self-improvement pitches..in this thread it's always laughing at the fools who dump.. (haha, nervous laughter) personally I dumped and brought back lower successfully many more times than I've been burned trying it so don't personally feel too much like a fool. Also everything is apparently an orchestrated attack against monero to keep it down.. THEY are trying and hold back this torrential waterfall that will be the monero success story.. The powers that be and the haters are pulling out every stop to contain this raging monero beast.. Yawn   Roll Eyes

there is this unrelenting undercurrent being broadcast here that yes, buying and hodling a pithy amount of this bytecoin fork will allow you to buy a private island in Belize in 2-5 years. If you buy you will become soon the new wealthy elite, gentlement.. And yes you may not be able to find a single solitary purpose to holding this "currency" aside from buying a fleet of gulfstreams and a lifetime ski resort pass as there is not yet a single scrap of merchant adoption despite a year since inception and almost half fully mined.. but don't let that stop those like americanpegasus and rpietila who have nest-eggs overflowing with monero into encouraging you to gorge yourself on as much "cheap" xmr as possible. how many times we heard that before?

with anonymity this currencies chief tenet (at this time quite a weak attraction as pretty much the only place to trade it- poloniex spectacularly  un-anonymous,  it's current sky-high inflation and many large holders concentrating wealth it doesn't seem anywhere near as groundbreaking as it's chief proponents try and insinuate.

I'm also sick of seeing this monero thread bumped to the front page of the altcoin discussion page by the same few posters. At last it's slightly more bearable than the 15 different monero threads but still almost every other altcoin sticks to the less trafficed altcoin announcement page
kazuki49

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 09:02:18 AM

I'm also sick of seeing this monero thread bumped to the front page of the altcoin discussion page by the same few posters. At last it's slightly more bearable than the 15 different monero threads but still almost every other altcoin sticks to the less trafficed altcoin announcement page

I know how you feel, I have asked the devs to abandon this sinking ship full of rats and holes that is bitcointalk, they wont hear, its doing harm to Monero having the majority of its discussion in an alien forum, about the rest of your rant, you just hate us cause you aint us.
DaveyJones

Activity: 768
Merit: 505

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 09:07:51 AM

I know how you feel, I have asked the devs to abandon this sinking ship full of rats and holes that is bitcointalk, they wont hear, its doing harm to Monero having the majority of its discussion in an alien forum, about the rest of your rant, you just hate us cause you aint us.

Stills this forum in inevitable to get those to hear about Monero, who still didn´t. The GetMonero Forum is more like the Inner Circle for those people that did. BCT is like the Social Media Platform for Cryptos.
kazuki49

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 09:18:56 AM

Stills this forum in inevitable to get those to hear about Monero, who still didn´t. The GetMonero Forum is more like the Inner Circle for those people that did. BCT is like the Social Media Platform for Cryptos.

This is the convenient part to us, but for the ones like legit_chocolateface that may see Monero as a threat to their shitcoin investment, its a reason to troll, so pretty much everyone on crypto already knows about Monero, the next step now is getting in the ears of those who don't, and it cannot be this way IMO, buried in the bitcointalk - altcoin section some few threads of pure platinum bits among thousands of scams and trolls.
rpietila
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 09:28:17 AM

I have asked the devs to abandon development, the holders to sell all their coins, the posters to cease posting to this thread, and the community to quit thinking that the coin could have even a microscopic chance to change the world.

No avail.

I said that it is doomed but I did not see any fucks given  Undecided

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
Pages: « 1 ... 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 [306] 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 ... 2191 »
  Print  

Jump to: