Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:05:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 [139] 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANTMINER S4 Discussion and Support Thread  (Read 301198 times)
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 05:34:31 AM

As I have another machine and working in the same pool and is perfect , I would like to update the firmware but I need to help me with that because I read that is delicate, please help with the step by step process. Thank you.

How did it work out?  Is it working now?

Best of luck.
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
luthermarcus

Activity: 213
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 09:10:54 AM

Which fan did you bought for replacement?

I used this article to decide:
https://bitmain.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/204199879-Antminer-S4-fan-specification-and-possible-replacement-fans

I ended up going with the "Sanyo Denki SunAce 120 9GV1212P1J091".  If it turns out to be to cheap or i don't like it I will order one of the delta fans.  This one was just the cheapest but still had good RPM. I should have it midweek.

If you swap the new fan to one of the fronts, you can replace it with a Corsair SP120 with almost no impact to cooling. The rear fans are doing most of the work in this arrangement. Might be easier to obtain for some.

I wouldnt recommend those fans i had them in one of my s4' when i bought it and temps got in the high 60's and 70's. Really bad recommendation.

Donate Bitcoin
1Mz7ZHxPhoH1ZK2yQvo62NdHvvsS2quhzc
Donate TRX
TB3WiLEj6iuSBU5tGUKyZkjB4vqrBDvoYM
lovenlifelarge

Activity: 676
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 08:40:09 PM

https://bitmain.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/204199879-Antminer-S4-fan-specification-and-possible-replacement-fans

I ended up going with the "Sanyo Denki SunAce 120 9GV1212P1J091".  If it turns out to be to cheap or i don't like it I will order one of the delta fans.  This one was just the cheapest but still had good RPM. I should have it midweek.

If you swap the new fan to one of the fronts, you can replace it with a Corsair SP120 with almost no impact to cooling. The rear fans are doing most of the work in this arrangement. Might be easier to obtain for some.

I wouldnt recommend those fans i had them in one of my s4' when i bought it and temps got in the high 60's and 70's. Really bad recommendation.

Even thou the fans run faster they still let the chips run hotter, Is that what ur saying??

If thats the case are the fans quieter??

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄███▀▀▀      ▀▀▀███▄▄
▄██▀▀                ▀▀██▄
▄██▀                      ▀██▄
██▀                          ▀██
██▀                            ▀██
██▀    ███████        ███████    ▀██
▄██   ██████████████  ██████████   ██▄
██     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄███████▄▄     ██
██     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ███████▀▀▀     ██
██         ███████  ███████         ██
██         ▀██████████████▀         ██
▀██         ▀████████████▀         ██▀
██▄         ████████████         ▄██
██▄         ██████████         ▄██
██▄                          ▄██
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀██▄▄                ▄▄██▀
▀▀███▄▄▄      ▄▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
    ███████████████████████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
███████████████████████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
███████████████████████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
███████████████████████
    ████████████████████▄
██                ████▄
██                ██████▄
██                ████████▄
██                ██████████▄
██                ████████████
██                ██        ██
██████████████████████████████
██                          ██
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 11:21:32 PM

Which fans are you referring to?  The sanyo or the corsair?
luthermarcus

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 09:32:56 AM

Even thou the fans run faster they still let the chips run hotter, Is that what ur saying??

If thats the case are the fans quieter??
not really quiter you still got two loud ones in the back

Donate Bitcoin
Donate TRX
luthermarcus

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 09:33:33 AM
Last edit: May 07, 2015, 06:06:39 AM by luthermarcus

looks to be confusion i the posts above. I wont recommend corsair because the are weak in moving heat I had high temps when using them and it was solved with a better quality higher out put fan. Like sanyo mentioned above they are like the are beast vacums! Loud is a downfall i wish there were quiet fans but unless you want to risk damage to you miner i would recommend a higher quality fan than corsair. It does matter where your miners are stored and how hot it gets there. If you have central air conditioning and it keeps constant room temp ok. But if you have it in an enclosed area with little ventilation then your better of with better fans. I keep them in the basement with small widow for ventilation so fans are a must. I also noticed if a fan is placed on top of the miner I get a boast from 2100gh/s to 2400gh/s on average. By on top i mean over the heat sinks with miner open. The air blowing down toward the heat sinks that's where i put the corsair fans when i removed them from rig.

Donate Bitcoin
Donate TRX
Meech

Activity: 924

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 06:23:58 PM

Ok I use to easily shh into my s4. I use putty shh in then type user and go on to type in my password. I know I'm typing it right but it keeps saying access denied.  Huh

I also have a p2pool public node running http://www.p2pool.org/
Can anyone confirm its up Northeastern USA
Dont have to mine if you dont want to just want to confirm that its up
url=http://10.0.0.251:9332
worker= YourBitcoinAddress/+#  #=difficulty
password=any
Keep track of stats here northeastnode.ddns.net
Open port 8080 on your router...  sometimes its port 80 , it depends on your ddns.net config settings.  Test by yourself from your cell just shut off wifi first.
Edit:  Be careful if this is your home computer and not a web server.
luthermarcus

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 06:14:11 AM

Ok I use to easily shh into my s4. I use putty shh in then type user and go on to type in my password. I know I'm typing it right but it keeps saying access denied.  Huh

I also have a p2pool public node running http://www.p2pool.org/
Can anyone confirm its up Northeastern USA
Dont have to mine if you dont want to just want to confirm that its up
url=http://10.0.0.251:9332
worker= YourBitcoinAddress/+#  #=difficulty
password=any
Keep track of stats here northeastnode.ddns.net
Open port 8080 on your router...  sometimes its port 80 , it depends on your ddns.net config settings.  Test by yourself from your cell just shut off wifi first.
Edit:  Be careful if this is your home computer and not a web server.

Why port 8080? I have decided to take the public node off for a while I keep doing maintenance on it. I going to run it on my colleges server once its all set up. lol Lots of mods and still trying to figure things out? Step learning curve Next step is to Get rid windows and by a real PC (Linux). Compiling just slows things down and all the good stuff is on linux open and free and less time consuming once you get  over the hump.

Donate Bitcoin
Donate TRX
lovenlifelarge

Activity: 676
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 03:30:17 PM

The Sanyo...

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄███▀▀▀      ▀▀▀███▄▄
▄██▀▀                ▀▀██▄
▄██▀                      ▀██▄
██▀                          ▀██
██▀                            ▀██
██▀    ███████        ███████    ▀██
▄██   ██████████████  ██████████   ██▄
██     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄███████▄▄     ██
██     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ███████▀▀▀     ██
██         ███████  ███████         ██
██         ▀██████████████▀         ██
▀██         ▀████████████▀         ██▀
██▄         ████████████         ▄██
██▄         ██████████         ▄██
██▄                          ▄██
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀██▄▄                ▄▄██▀
▀▀███▄▄▄      ▄▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
    ███████████████████████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
███████████████████████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
███████████████████████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
███████████████████████
    ████████████████████▄
██                ████▄
██                ██████▄
██                ████████▄
██                ██████████▄
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 06:36:28 PM

The Sanyo...

So your saying the sanyo even with extra RPM got your S4 to heat up?
luthermarcus

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 05:34:30 AM

The Sanyo...

No! notice qoutes above are from diff people. Sanyo is good just loud. I caution against Corsair SP120.

Donate Bitcoin
Donate TRX
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 05:40:29 AM

I ended up going with the "Sanyo Denki SunAce 120 9GV1212P1J091".  If it turns out to be to cheap or i don't like it I will order one of the delta fans.  This one was just the cheapest but still had good RPM. I should have it midweek.

Which fans are you referring to?  The sanyo or the corsair?

The Sanyo...

No! notice qoutes above are from diff people. Sanyo is good just loud. I caution against Corsair SP120.

Thank you for clarifying!   I was just making sure.  The machine I put the sanyo in seems 2 run hotter then other's. Seems sanyo is doing more cooling with it's extra RPM.
luthermarcus

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 06:16:45 AM

I ended up going with the "Sanyo Denki SunAce 120 9GV1212P1J091".  If it turns out to be to cheap or i don't like it I will order one of the delta fans.  This one was just the cheapest but still had good RPM. I should have it midweek.

Which fans are you referring to?  The sanyo or the corsair?

The Sanyo...

Thank you for clarifying!   I was just making sure.  The machine I put the sanyo in seems 2 run hotter then other's. Seems sanyo is doing more cooling with it's extra RPM.
Just curious what are your temps on that s4 compared to the others could you add speed of fans too in results. Same here my s4's run on diff temps too but i think it may have to do with placement and dust accumulation. See if there is dust build up. Like dogie said in above post fans in back seem to do the most work putting your faster fans on the exhaust seems to work better for cooling in my experience.

Donate Bitcoin
Donate TRX
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 07:27:11 AM

Just curious what are your temps on that s4 compared to the others could you add speed of fans too in results. Same here my s4's run on diff temps too but i think it may have to do with placement and dust accumulation. See if there is dust build up. Like dogie said in above post fans in back seem to do the most work putting your faster fans on the exhaust seems to work better for cooling in my experience.

Edited the quote as it was getting pretty long.  Below is a stock setting with sanyo fan you will see some temps are less with it.  Other S4's seem to be more even on temps.

brianoakes

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 10:08:26 PM

Howdy!

I have 2 S4's that all of a sudden stopped mining. They are stock settings, no voltage change and I have tried a few different firmware's and they all show the same behavior. When I look at the Miner Status tab, all the values are blank.

The display on the front shows the correct IP. I have tried a few different pools, but no change.

Any suggestions?
luthermarcus

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 11:05:23 PM

hello I have a problem buying a miner and has used s4 problem. connect and configure the pool , it starts working perfectly but at a good speed but after five minutes decreser begins to speed up to 0 gh / s which makes it in a time of 40 minutes. ara need help solve this problem. Thanks ...

Did you just get miner?    I wold ask who you got it from if it was doing that.

First I would try a different pool just to make sure it's not the pool.  After that I would try to update firmware (caution firmware updates have risks). 

And if that does nothing I would start to look at the PSU.
Check what frequency your miner is running at if its running higher than 200 lower it to 200. If its set at 200 lower it gradually and see if it stays mining.

Donate Bitcoin
Donate TRX
luthermarcus

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 11:07:16 PM

Howdy!

I have 2 S4's that all of a sudden stopped mining. They are stock settings, no voltage change and I have tried a few different firmware's and they all show the same behavior. When I look at the Miner Status tab, all the values are blank.

The display on the front shows the correct IP. I have tried a few different pools, but no change.

Any suggestions?
Did you just happen to get your 2nd miner recently? If so disconnect one miner and see if it runs by itself without stopping.

Donate Bitcoin
Donate TRX
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 12:40:17 AM

Howdy!

Any suggestions?
Did you just happen to get your 2nd miner recently? If so disconnect one miner and see if it runs by itself without stopping.

I think it's odd for two to go exactly at same time.  I would agree try running one.   Maybe try another electric outlet on different circuit.  Unless you are just really having bad luck and have to give out at same time.

After that I would try to load firmware to see if it changes anything, make sure to keep settings.  (there is always risks with updating firmware).  But that would help rule out software.
Meech

Activity: 924

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 01:24:38 AM

Howdy!

Any suggestions?

I think it's odd for two to go exactly at same time.  I would agree try running one.   Maybe try another electric outlet on different circuit.  Unless you are just really having bad luck and have to give out at same time.

After that I would try to load firmware to see if it changes anything, make sure to keep settings.  (there is always risks with updating firmware).  But that would help rule out software.
Push in the reset button and hold for a few seconds.  This is typical for my S2's when I'm changing pools often.  Check to see if your at the current firmware.  When you reset if you have a static ip you'll need to go back and change it.  If your not running static ip's you should be.
Set your ip outside your dhcp range ex. 192.168.1.200
vegasguy
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003

"Yobit pump alert software" Link in my signature!

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 03:31:20 PM
Last edit: May 10, 2015, 03:43:53 PM by vegasguy

So my S4 was working fine and then it shut off. I noticed that the power supply now has a permanent yellow led when plugged in and S4 wont fire up. I removed the power cord, and held the power button down for ten seconds and tried again to fire it up. Still yellow led "alarm", and nothing else. Does this mean the power supply is toast? I dont care if it is. I had heard that the S4's had major issues with their power supplies. Is there a 3rd party power supply I can buy somewhere that is of much better quality? Please any help appreciated. If you know of a much better quality power supply, please supply direct links. Thanks.

Note: I was having stability issues and sometimes losing a blade or two every 24 hours I would have to reset. I did install some VERY powerful 252CFM fans in the front, and that cooled it WAY down and was stable

Vegas

I want to make sure everyone knows that I just released my software called "Yobit pump alert". THis is custom software that uses an algo to detect the start of a pump here on yobit, the second it starts. YOu can even filter the coins you see by price. Most pumps start less than 100 sats , so you can easily filter the cheap coins, so they are the only ones displayed Smiley https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1945937.msg20241953#msg20241953
Pages: « 1 ... 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 [139] 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 »
  Print  

Jump to: