Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 07:16:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Statement about the suspect of recent Bitcoinica hack  (Read 136062 times)
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2012, 02:18:03 PM

From http://sgitcoin.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ninjarobot

Activity: 761

Mine Silent, Mine Deep

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 02:25:45 PM

Whoever bitchen is, he appears to be a scammer: http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=bitchen

user feedback:

I bought MP. Days later account locked. Appears to have scammed others with MP

Scammer, attempted to dispute a moneypak and/or used a stolen one

Note: sgitcoin != sgbitcoin (so the Zhou Tong - BitChen connection is not clear at all imho). Also Zhou has not been hiding the fact he owns sgitcoin.com:

I still have an operating business in Singapore (http://www.sgitcoin.com/) and this service is actually quite popular (top Google result for "buy bitcoin in singapore"). Therefore I regularly deal with foreign exchange, money transfers and e-currencies.
aq

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 02:30:41 PM

Whoever bitchen is, he appears to be a scammer: http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=bitchen

user feedback:

Note: sgitcoin != sgbitcoin (so the Zhou Tong - BitChen connection is not clear at all imho)
Dont crash the party with such minor details Roll Eyes
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2012, 02:36:02 PM

user feedback:

Note: sgitcoin != sgbitcoin (so the Zhou Tong - BitChen connection is not clear at all imho)
Dont crash the party with such minor details Roll Eyes

lol

greBit

Activity: 714

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 02:52:32 PM

Note: sgitcoin != sgbitcoin (so the Zhou Tong - BitChen connection is not clear at all imho). Also Zhou has not been hiding the fact he owns sgitcoin.com:

Yeah need more evidence for that and it is true that Zhou has never been hiding sgitcoin.com (dunno how I missed that post from him!)

But there does seem like sufficient evidence to strongly suggest that Kevin Lim and Bitchen are one and the same. Not sure that is very helpful yet though!
ribuck
Donator

Activity: 826
Merit: 1039

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 02:56:46 PM

Whoever bitchen is, he appears to be a scammer ... BitChen connection is not clear
You don't think BitChen is the Chen Jianhai referred to by Zhoutong as his "previous business associate" and scammer?

Especially as BitChen posted this forum message on 14 July 2012:

If anyone could shed some light on the cheapest and fastest methods to withdraw GoxUSD/BTC to wire it'd be much appreciated.
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 03:15:56 PM

I wish I have a girlfriend.

I'm sure Maria would go out with you.
flatfly
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1011

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 03:21:00 PM

It would be nice if a forum admin could check what IP address bitchen has been connecting from.

My main address: 1337sfeChyyzZLzdHLewXzcaAaJSNTM893.
vampire

Activity: 574

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 03:22:04 PM

It would be nice if a forum admin could check what IP address bitchen has been connecting from.

Send them a PM.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 3009

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2012, 03:37:23 PM
Last edit: August 01, 2012, 04:36:06 PM by mlawrence

Update on the Private Investigator

I've had quite a few emails regarding my plan.  I'm not going to answer trivial questions such as cost, motive, methods, status, etc.  Only those participating will be privy to the information collected, so email me only if you want to participate.

There are a lot of rumors going around Zhou.  All of this is speculation and misleading, and hiring a PI and getting actual facts about who this person is will be the only way to silence them.  We have a solid lead placing him in Australia and that is where we will begin the work.

We are not pursuing any kind of group or class action as those are expensive, time consuming and only benefit the lawyers.  We want individuals/companies who are willing to go through the process of laying a charge against Zhou under Australian jurisdiction.  Those people will have the first chance to recover any funds after criminal charges have been laid.  You do NOT have to be an Australian citizen to file charges against a person who committed a crime while in Australia.  My involvement with this is only the location - criminal charges and other actions are independent of mine.

If you are willing to contribute to the PI, please email me at mlawrence02@yahoo.com.  All information will be shared with those participating, and you won't need to send any money until we actually hire the PI.  Money spent on debt collection should be tax deductible, and it should improve the value of bitcoins as people realize fraud will not go unpunished.

Finally, please ignore the empty threats coming from Zhou's payroll - you cannot face civil or criminal charges for finding out the identity of a person - especially a person that has committed a crime against you.  We do not intend to even contact Zhou - only to find out who he is and get a physical address where the police can find him.  Anyone who tells you differently has a motive other than justice.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!

OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 03:43:31 PM

I've had quite a few emails regarding my plan.  I'm not going to answer trivial questions such as cost, motive, methods, status, etc.  Only those participating will be privy to the information collected, so email me only if you want to participate.

There are a lot of rumors going around Zhou.  All of this is speculation and misleading, and hiring a PI and getting actual facts about who this person is will be the only way to silence them.  We have a solid lead placing him in Australia and that is where we will begin the work.

We are not pursuing any kind of group or class action as those are expensive, time consuming and only benefit the lawyers.  We want individuals/companies who are willing to go through the process of laying a charge against Zhou under Australian jurisdiction.  Those people will have the first chance to recover any funds after criminal charges have been laid.  You do NOT have to be an Australian citizen to file charges against a person who committed a crime while in Australia.  My involvement with this is only the location - criminal charges and other actions are independent of mine.

If you are willing to contribute to the PI, please email me at mlawrence02@yahoo.com.  All information will be shared with those participating, and you won't need to send any money until we actually hire the PI.  Money spent on debt collection should be tax deductible, and it should improve the value of bitcoins as people realize fraud will not go unpunished.

Finally, please ignore the empty threats coming from Zhou's payroll - you cannot face civil or criminal charges for finding out the identity of a person - especially a person that has committed a crime against you.  We do not intend to even contact Zhou - only to find out who he is and get a physical address where the police can find him.  Anyone who tells you differently has a motive other than justice.
It should be trivial to get his address - he is (or should be) a student at Trinity College, Australia. Why do you need a PI for that?
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 04:12:51 PM

I've had quite a few emails regarding my plan.  I'm not going to answer trivial questions such as cost, motive, methods, status, etc.  Only those participating will be privy to the information collected, so email me only if you want to participate.

There are a lot of rumors going around Zhou.  All of this is speculation and misleading, and hiring a PI and getting actual facts about who this person is will be the only way to silence them.  We have a solid lead placing him in Australia and that is where we will begin the work.

We are not pursuing any kind of group or class action as those are expensive, time consuming and only benefit the lawyers.  We want individuals/companies who are willing to go through the process of laying a charge against Zhou under Australian jurisdiction.  Those people will have the first chance to recover any funds after criminal charges have been laid.  You do NOT have to be an Australian citizen to file charges against a person who committed a crime while in Australia.  My involvement with this is only the location - criminal charges and other actions are independent of mine.

If you are willing to contribute to the PI, please email me at mlawrence02@yahoo.com.  All information will be shared with those participating, and you won't need to send any money until we actually hire the PI.  Money spent on debt collection should be tax deductible, and it should improve the value of bitcoins as people realize fraud will not go unpunished.

Finally, please ignore the empty threats coming from Zhou's payroll - you cannot face civil or criminal charges for finding out the identity of a person - especially a person that has committed a crime against you.  We do not intend to even contact Zhou - only to find out who he is and get a physical address where the police can find him.  Anyone who tells you differently has a motive other than justice.
It should be trivial to get his address - he is (or should be) a student at Trinity College, Australia. Why do you need a PI for that?

+1, the self importance and agenda is strong with mlawrence

HorseRider
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 04:37:45 PM

until now, I don't think there is any solid proof that ZT is the theft. We should be calm down, don't act like a mob.

Zhoutong is quite involved in the community, especially with the Chinese bitcoin network. He won't be able to and never tried to run away with all this.

Compared with genjix and other Intersango guys, ZT is far more responsive to all your challenge and doubts, some of the explanation has not very much solid evidence, but it has already shows to you that the announced "evidence" maybe not enough to prove the guilty of Zhoutong.

And what most important thing is that Zhoutong is the only one who tries his best to make bitcoinica users be refunded.  Compared to this, genjix's personal reputation is already ruined in my eye. He is irresponsible and a big coward.

16SvwJtQET7mkHZFFbJpgPaDA1Pxtmbm5P
disclaimer201
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 04:43:38 PM

Even though AurumXchange probably has no right to freeze those funds, I find this an acceptable measure.  A lot of money is missing, and the obvious evidence points toward Zhou. Just until it has been proven absolutely clear that he wasn't involved in the recent hacks in any way, keep holding the funds!

It is more than circumstantial that such amounts of money were traded the day on/after the hack, and if you haven't watched the new Batman film yet, we are not here to believe in coincidences anymore! Commissioner Gorden would agree that something smells more than fishy here. Zhou's attempt of sarcasm trying to ridicule the existence of alter-egos isn't convincing either. I don't even think he is someone else, but I do think that he is somehow connected (if not even involved) in the heist.

Here are my guesses: The moment I saw Zhou's announcement of change of ownership (deceitfully phrased by the way) on the Bitcoinica website in April, I had a hunch something bad might happen. But I thought I must be paranoid to think this. Nevertheless, I withdrew half of my bitcoins to reduce my risk (smart move, but not smart enough). So, I think Zhou is who he claims he is, but it doesn't make him innocent in the matter. Everyone involved in the company over the past year should be made liable. I don't care who stole the money, but I do blame all of them for not having returned it to me in full yet. Precisely because of my claim that accountability in this case does not end with the legal transfer of the company (esp since hack happened in the midst of it!) everyone involved is responsible to pay customers back, that includes the personal assets of Zhou Tong. If he traded for someone else, too bad for this person, he/she should have opened their own account, esp considering the huge theft that occured on the same day/ day before!!! Trades by Zhou Tong should be treated as trades of Zhou Tong, and they should be confiscated and paid back to the depositors (with or without authorities/legal action involved).

The fact of the matter is now: I was robbed and I want my money back: Zhou, Intersango boys, Aurum holding Zhou's cash: After Zhou's so called compensation fund I still am owed 44,21 Bitcoins payable to my Bitcoinica deposit address: 1ET2ps7BRrZnDeq7bVNc8bS9ZmgN8DxUXy. If I receive any amount, I will post here. And boys, please cut some of the shit.

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 04:50:02 PM

Uhh, because there seems to be a lot of FUD continuously pushed by the lynch mob, here are the facts:

1) AurumXchange has never once contacted Zhou by any of his accessible emails with their contact information.

2) AurumXchange publicly admitted to never having had frozen funds before, proved they don't care about their own privacy agreement with users, etc, and gives no reason for Zhou to work with them directly (not to mention they still haven't given him their contact information). It's better if the attorney works with them directly.

3) Zhou Tong had already known this Chen character previously and thus knew his phone number. The Chen guy used a stolen credit card and entered Zhou's throw-away as the order address, giving Zhou basically an invoice proving everything which was used to threaten Chen who had no clue anyone was paying attention to his fraud or theft.

4) Zhou Tong has never hidden anything and has all the right in the world to be uberly depressed at the lynch mob in this thread. He is working with a lawyer right now so this thread is basically pointless.

rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 04:51:01 PM

He is working with a lawyer right now so this thread is basically pointless.
Should have been months ago.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 04:52:12 PM

He is working with a lawyer right now so this thread is basically pointless.
Should have been months ago.

5) He's 17 and put his faith in the loud mouthed adults who kept telling him they were in charge and who are legally responsible for Bitcoinica to actually do their job.

Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 3009

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2012, 04:54:07 PM

1) AurumXchange has never once contacted Zhou by any of his accessible emails with their contact information.

FUD - you have no way of knowing that, or anything else you just wrote.  Are all your articles in your magazine this biased?

This is another stall tactic by someone Zhou had donated money to (i.e. on the payroll)

Investigation is still going forward, "lawyer" or not.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!

OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Clipse

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 05:01:15 PM

Evidence or no evidence, it shouldnt matter at all after reading the fact that he did business with a known criminal(Zhou even told us this).

At the same time his website: http://www.sgitcoin.com/ under Disclaimer proudly states they dont encourage criminal activity.

He should really just rename himself as Contradic Tong.

Why anyone still wants to believe anything comine from Zhou is remarkable.

...In the land of the stale, the man with one share is king... >> Clipse

We pay miners at 130% PPS | Signup here : Bonus PPS Pool (Please read OP to understand the current process)
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 05:05:13 PM

Evidence or no evidence, it shouldnt matter at all after reading the fact that he did business with a known criminal(Zhou even told us this).
What are your feelings on asking Kevin Mitnick for some advice on your company before going live?

At the same time his website: http://www.sgitcoin.com/ under Disclaimer proudly states they dont encourage criminal activity.
I've never seen a single shred of evidence that SGITCOIN.COM was involved in any illegal activity.

Why anyone still wants to believe anything comine from Zhou is remarkable.
I'm still not seeing any evidence, just lots of people butthurt at Bitcoinica LP who are looking for a scapegoat and using Zhou's eagerness for transparency against him. The most ridiculous party in all of this is AurumXChange who if it weren't for the fact that no one involved in bitcoinica wants an investigation, would be sued up the ass for the little stunt they pulled in that other thread.

1) Discussing an active investigation carries a sentence of up to 10 years

2) Holding funds for more than 7 days without an active investigation is also illegal

3) Publicly discussing the details of their customers is unlawful as a breach of their customer privacy agreement

Even one of the confirming parties told me that they had -no- clue Roberto was going to be posting this stuff publicly as they -know- that is unlawful and potentially illegal. The only reason AurumXchange isn't commenting is because they finally figured out how screwed they are.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 »
  Print  

Jump to: