Bitcoin Forum
December 09, 2016, 11:27:02 PM *
News: To be able to use the next phase of the beta forum software, please ensure that your email address is correct/functional.

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Statement about the suspect of recent Bitcoinica hack  (Read 124649 times)
dishwara
Legendary

Activity: 1386

Truth may get delay, but NEVER fails

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 01:22:10 PM

Not only AurumXchange, Mtgox dont have a contact physical mail address in their site
or may be i missed to see it?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin-Qt, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zhoutong
VIP

Activity: 490

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2012, 01:26:10 PM

Not only AurumXchange, Mtgox dont have a contact physical mail address in their site

When you want to apply for AML Level 2 status, you can get their physical address easily on the website.

I had done it and got my account approved in about a week.

Founder of NameTerrific (https://www.nameterrific.com/). Co-founder of CoinJar (https://coinjar.io/)

Donations for my future Bitcoin projects: 19Uk3tiD5XkBcmHyQYhJxp9QHoub7RosVb
sarpar

Activity: 100

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 01:40:40 PM

When you want to apply for AML Level 2 status, you can get their physical address easily on the website.

I had done it and got my account approved in about a week.

But now as we have seen a few posts earlier there is proof that you have this information regarding AurumXchange. There is no reason to delay sending the documents to unfreeze the funds anymore. Please post publicly as soon as you sent them there. What is your guess at this point how long it will take you?

I openly boycott the Bitcoinica Consultancy team or Intersango: Donald Norman, Patrick Strateman and Amir Taaki
sarpar

Activity: 100

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 01:49:14 PM

ZHOU: The 5000 BTC you wanted still to send, are they stuck with you or still with "Chen"?

I openly boycott the Bitcoinica Consultancy team or Intersango: Donald Norman, Patrick Strateman and Amir Taaki
MagicalTux
VIP

Activity: 617

Working on new MtGox features

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2012, 02:10:53 PM

Oops, yes, I do concur. I woke to Mark's report on Zhou Tong's account being hacked, and with a cursory glance on his recent posts reaffirmed that to me. Guess I need to snap out of those afternoon naps - was my sarcastic detector failing.  Undecided

Actually, this was quite over the sarcastic level acceptable considering the current situation.

John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1092

Will read PM's. Have more time lately

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 02:13:20 PM

Oops, yes, I do concur. I woke to Mark's report on Zhou Tong's account being hacked, and with a cursory glance on his recent posts reaffirmed that to me. Guess I need to snap out of those afternoon naps - was my sarcastic detector failing.  Undecided

Actually, this was quite over the sarcastic level acceptable considering the current situation.
Yep. I was under the impression that either Zhou Tong has finally gone off his rocker, or some impostor has taken over his account.  Never thought that he was trying to be funny in this dire situation.

My BTC Tip Jar: 1Pgvfy19uwtYe5o9dg3zZsAjgCPt3XZqz9 , GPG ID: B3AAEEB0 ,OTC ID: johnthedong
Escrow service is available on a case by case basis! (PM Me to verify I'm the escrow!)

greBit

Activity: 714

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 02:14:02 PM

Please help me connect the dots illustrated by Bruno ...

Statement 1: Zhou Tong is `Dustin Curtis` owner of lifepath.me

Evidence:

That is correct! Kevin Lim owns isthereason.com. Kevin Lim is the same person that was selling lifepath.me on eBay at the time that Zhou Tong owned it. Zhou Tong even mentions lifepath.me on his Twitter account(s) prior to it being for sale on eBay. The email addresses even match up.

~Bruno~

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lifepath-me-timeline-website-including-domain-name-code-and-designs-/140610305563#ht_3383wt_1165

Statement 2: Kevin Lim is `brainopera`
Evidence:

Registrant:
Kevin Lim
Pine Grove, Block 1K, #01-39
Singapore, 599001
Singapore

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, LLC (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: ISTHEREASON.COM
Created on: 08-Aug-04
Expires on: 08-Aug-13
Last Updated on: 09-Aug-11

Administrative Contact:
Lim, Kevin brainopera@gmail.com
Singapore, 599001
Singapore
+65.97371764

Technical Contact:
Lim, Kevin brainopera@gmail.com
Singapore, 599001
Singapore
+65.97371764

Statement 3: Kevin Lim is a bitcoin vendor in singapore
Evidence:

Quote from: Phinnaeus Gage link=topic=topic=95795.msg1068690
A simple Linkedin search would have found out who is William W. Murck. Or try that Google thingy that's all the rage. Seriously, a researcher like Patrick A. Murck, could not find out the following? http://brainopera.tumblr.com/post/6286926273/will-buy-bitcoin-in-singapore

Statement 4: Kevin Lim is `sgbitcoins@yahoo.com.sg`
Evidence:

Now this: https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!msg/hackerspacesg/FkuQ70ss2Z0/F_16htqyfDIJ

Singapore Bitcoins

Hi all,

I'm selling Bitcoins for cash on delivery. Please contact me directly
via email if you want to trade.

Prices and details here: https://sites.google.com/site/singaporebitcoins/

Thank you.

(To the mods: if ads like this aren't welcome on the mailing list, I
apologize. As Bitcoin is relevant to tech and startups, I hope that
this isn't considered spam.)

Scroll down a few posts and you see Kevin Lim's name.

https://sites.google.com/site/singaporebitcoins/

This service is currently on hiatus.

Contact us at sgbitcoins@gmail.com

~Bruno~

Statement 5: Zhou Tong is a bitcoin vendor in singapore called `sgitcoin`
Evidence:

His email address is sgitcoin@zhoutong.com on www.sgitcoin.com

Domain name: sgitcoin.com

Registrant Contact:
   Zhou Tong
   Tong Zhou ()

Fax:
   PO Box 465
   Carlton South, VIC 3053
   AU

Administrative Contact:
   Zhou Tong
   Tong Zhou ()
   +61.390157926
   Fax:
   PO Box 465
   Carlton South, VIC 3053
   AU

Technical Contact:
   NameTerrific
   Tong Zhou ()
   +61.390157926
   Fax:
   Level 10, 50 Market Street
   Melbourne, VIC 3000
   AU

Name Servers:
   node-1.us.terrificdns.com
   node-2.us.terrificdns.com
   node-3.us.terrificdns.com

Creation date: 02 Sep 2011 16:50:00
Expiration date: 02 Sep 2013 16:50:00

Statement 6: Zhou Tong is closely linked to Kevin Lim
Evidence:

If we can show that sgitcoin.com and sgbitcoins@yahoo.com.sg belong to the same identity.

They certainly appear very similar, coincidence would be hard to argue

Statement 7: bitchen is `sgbitcoins@yahoo.com.sg`
Evidence:

Hi everyone,

I'm offering GoxUSD funds or BTC for International Bank Wire/ WU/ Moneygram or local bank/ COD for people in Singapore. I will take a percentage as fee for withdrawals. This is a fast way for people looking to trade on Gox without waiting for their insane wire transfer times.

You can contact me via PM on the forums or drop me an email at sgbitcoins@yahoo.com.sg

Do let me know if you have any queries.

Statement 8: bitchen = Kevin Lim
Evidence:
From Statements  4 & 7
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 700

Wat

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2012, 02:18:03 PM

From http://sgitcoin.com

ninjarobot

Activity: 755

Mine Silent, Mine Deep

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 02:25:45 PM

Whoever bitchen is, he appears to be a scammer: http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=bitchen

user feedback:

I bought MP. Days later account locked. Appears to have scammed others with MP

Scammer, attempted to dispute a moneypak and/or used a stolen one

Note: sgitcoin != sgbitcoin (so the Zhou Tong - BitChen connection is not clear at all imho). Also Zhou has not been hiding the fact he owns sgitcoin.com:

I still have an operating business in Singapore (http://www.sgitcoin.com/) and this service is actually quite popular (top Google result for "buy bitcoin in singapore"). Therefore I regularly deal with foreign exchange, money transfers and e-currencies.
aq

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 02:30:41 PM

Whoever bitchen is, he appears to be a scammer: http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=bitchen

user feedback:

Note: sgitcoin != sgbitcoin (so the Zhou Tong - BitChen connection is not clear at all imho)
Dont crash the party with such minor details Roll Eyes
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 700

Wat

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2012, 02:36:02 PM

user feedback:

Note: sgitcoin != sgbitcoin (so the Zhou Tong - BitChen connection is not clear at all imho)
Dont crash the party with such minor details Roll Eyes

lol

greBit

Activity: 714

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 02:52:32 PM

Note: sgitcoin != sgbitcoin (so the Zhou Tong - BitChen connection is not clear at all imho). Also Zhou has not been hiding the fact he owns sgitcoin.com:

Yeah need more evidence for that and it is true that Zhou has never been hiding sgitcoin.com (dunno how I missed that post from him!)

But there does seem like sufficient evidence to strongly suggest that Kevin Lim and Bitchen are one and the same. Not sure that is very helpful yet though!
ribuck
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 826

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 02:56:46 PM

Whoever bitchen is, he appears to be a scammer ... BitChen connection is not clear
You don't think BitChen is the Chen Jianhai referred to by Zhoutong as his "previous business associate" and scammer?

Especially as BitChen posted this forum message on 14 July 2012:

If anyone could shed some light on the cheapest and fastest methods to withdraw GoxUSD/BTC to wire it'd be much appreciated.
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1302

󮀓1刎

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 03:15:56 PM

I wish I have a girlfriend.

I'm sure Maria would go out with you.
flatfly

Activity: 938

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 03:21:00 PM

It would be nice if a forum admin could check what IP address bitchen has been connecting from.

1111127SpvabYpoeDoiz5L7QPkfiSh2Q. Only donate if you have a reason to.
vampire

Activity: 574

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 03:22:04 PM

It would be nice if a forum admin could check what IP address bitchen has been connecting from.

Send them a PM.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 1862

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2012, 03:37:23 PM

Update on the Private Investigator

I've had quite a few emails regarding my plan.  I'm not going to answer trivial questions such as cost, motive, methods, status, etc.  Only those participating will be privy to the information collected, so email me only if you want to participate.

There are a lot of rumors going around Zhou.  All of this is speculation and misleading, and hiring a PI and getting actual facts about who this person is will be the only way to silence them.  We have a solid lead placing him in Australia and that is where we will begin the work.

We are not pursuing any kind of group or class action as those are expensive, time consuming and only benefit the lawyers.  We want individuals/companies who are willing to go through the process of laying a charge against Zhou under Australian jurisdiction.  Those people will have the first chance to recover any funds after criminal charges have been laid.  You do NOT have to be an Australian citizen to file charges against a person who committed a crime while in Australia.  My involvement with this is only the location - criminal charges and other actions are independent of mine.

If you are willing to contribute to the PI, please email me at mlawrence02@yahoo.com.  All information will be shared with those participating, and you won't need to send any money until we actually hire the PI.  Money spent on debt collection should be tax deductible, and it should improve the value of bitcoins as people realize fraud will not go unpunished.

Finally, please ignore the empty threats coming from Zhou's payroll - you cannot face civil or criminal charges for finding out the identity of a person - especially a person that has committed a crime against you.  We do not intend to even contact Zhou - only to find out who he is and get a physical address where the police can find him.  Anyone who tells you differently has a motive other than justice.

I'm into creating universes, smiting people, writing holy books and listening to prayers.
If you want your prayers answered, you must donate to 1CDyx8AUTiYXS1ThcBU3vy4SJWQq6pdFMH
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1092

Will read PM's. Have more time lately

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 03:43:31 PM

I've had quite a few emails regarding my plan.  I'm not going to answer trivial questions such as cost, motive, methods, status, etc.  Only those participating will be privy to the information collected, so email me only if you want to participate.

There are a lot of rumors going around Zhou.  All of this is speculation and misleading, and hiring a PI and getting actual facts about who this person is will be the only way to silence them.  We have a solid lead placing him in Australia and that is where we will begin the work.

We are not pursuing any kind of group or class action as those are expensive, time consuming and only benefit the lawyers.  We want individuals/companies who are willing to go through the process of laying a charge against Zhou under Australian jurisdiction.  Those people will have the first chance to recover any funds after criminal charges have been laid.  You do NOT have to be an Australian citizen to file charges against a person who committed a crime while in Australia.  My involvement with this is only the location - criminal charges and other actions are independent of mine.

If you are willing to contribute to the PI, please email me at mlawrence02@yahoo.com.  All information will be shared with those participating, and you won't need to send any money until we actually hire the PI.  Money spent on debt collection should be tax deductible, and it should improve the value of bitcoins as people realize fraud will not go unpunished.

Finally, please ignore the empty threats coming from Zhou's payroll - you cannot face civil or criminal charges for finding out the identity of a person - especially a person that has committed a crime against you.  We do not intend to even contact Zhou - only to find out who he is and get a physical address where the police can find him.  Anyone who tells you differently has a motive other than justice.
It should be trivial to get his address - he is (or should be) a student at Trinity College, Australia. Why do you need a PI for that?

My BTC Tip Jar: 1Pgvfy19uwtYe5o9dg3zZsAjgCPt3XZqz9 , GPG ID: B3AAEEB0 ,OTC ID: johnthedong
Escrow service is available on a case by case basis! (PM Me to verify I'm the escrow!)

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 04:12:51 PM

I've had quite a few emails regarding my plan.  I'm not going to answer trivial questions such as cost, motive, methods, status, etc.  Only those participating will be privy to the information collected, so email me only if you want to participate.

There are a lot of rumors going around Zhou.  All of this is speculation and misleading, and hiring a PI and getting actual facts about who this person is will be the only way to silence them.  We have a solid lead placing him in Australia and that is where we will begin the work.

We are not pursuing any kind of group or class action as those are expensive, time consuming and only benefit the lawyers.  We want individuals/companies who are willing to go through the process of laying a charge against Zhou under Australian jurisdiction.  Those people will have the first chance to recover any funds after criminal charges have been laid.  You do NOT have to be an Australian citizen to file charges against a person who committed a crime while in Australia.  My involvement with this is only the location - criminal charges and other actions are independent of mine.

If you are willing to contribute to the PI, please email me at mlawrence02@yahoo.com.  All information will be shared with those participating, and you won't need to send any money until we actually hire the PI.  Money spent on debt collection should be tax deductible, and it should improve the value of bitcoins as people realize fraud will not go unpunished.

Finally, please ignore the empty threats coming from Zhou's payroll - you cannot face civil or criminal charges for finding out the identity of a person - especially a person that has committed a crime against you.  We do not intend to even contact Zhou - only to find out who he is and get a physical address where the police can find him.  Anyone who tells you differently has a motive other than justice.
It should be trivial to get his address - he is (or should be) a student at Trinity College, Australia. Why do you need a PI for that?

+1, the self importance and agenda is strong with mlawrence

HorseRider
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1582

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 04:37:45 PM

until now, I don't think there is any solid proof that ZT is the theft. We should be calm down, don't act like a mob.

Zhoutong is quite involved in the community, especially with the Chinese bitcoin network. He won't be able to and never tried to run away with all this.

Compared with genjix and other Intersango guys, ZT is far more responsive to all your challenge and doubts, some of the explanation has not very much solid evidence, but it has already shows to you that the announced "evidence" maybe not enough to prove the guilty of Zhoutong.

And what most important thing is that Zhoutong is the only one who tries his best to make bitcoinica users be refunded.  Compared to this, genjix's personal reputation is already ruined in my eye. He is irresponsible and a big coward.

16SvwJtQET7mkHZFFbJpgPaDA1Pxtmbm5P
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.