Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 06:43:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 56 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Statement about the suspect of recent Bitcoinica hack  (Read 136083 times)
SomeoneWeird

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 26, 2012, 12:54:44 PM

F1ex.com charges about 5.6% to 8% for BTC->LR, and usually mixing services charge 1.5%-5%. Also I guess he sold most Bitcoins at about $7. Anyway I will ask him whether he has hidden any money.

If the guy's a millionaire, I don't see why the only funds he'd have access to are whatever his net profit was from the Mt Gox compromise.

I'm hoping to request more. But he's quite uncooperative. I would suggest Bitcoinica to get police involved.

Zhou, your best bet to clear your name would be to file official character impersonation/identity theft with the chinese police and provide them with all evidence which would be the easier for you to get this specific person into court where you would be able to extract the secondary charges of theft aswell.

Any court would take the first crime more seriously at first and the second offense can be slapped on top.

When did China come into this?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rebuilder
Legendary

Activity: 1615
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 26, 2012, 12:56:15 PM

Zhou, your best bet to clear your name would be to file official character impersonation/identity theft with the chinese police and provide them with all evidence which would be the easier for you to get this specific person into court where you would be able to extract the secondary charges of theft aswell.

Any court would take the first crime more seriously at first and the second offense can be slapped on top.

This would also expose him to unknown legal liabilities. To go to court Zhou would have to be pretty confident Bitcoinica wasn't breaking the law just by operating as it did. He said himself that concerns him, and I'd guess most of the others involved in running the various businesses tangled up in this mess have similar worries, and will therefore want to avoid bringing the law in if at all possible.

Selling out to advertisers shows you respect neither yourself nor the rest of us.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Too many low-quality posts? Mods not keeping things clean enough? Self-moderated threads let you keep signature spammers and trolls out!
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2012, 12:58:13 PM

I dont think people care if they get all their money back. That is the optimum scenario here.

aq

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 26, 2012, 12:58:36 PM

Months of mudslinging and you manage to solve the riddle within just a few short hours and you never thought of confronting this mystery millionaire previous business partner before all this came to light ?

Tickle me suprised, VERY SURPRISED.

Never. Without AurumXchange and Mt. Gox providing the information they control, I have no way of providing my part of evidence.

Except, checking your very own "stevejobs" email account?
Clipse

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 26, 2012, 01:01:04 PM

F1ex.com charges about 5.6% to 8% for BTC->LR, and usually mixing services charge 1.5%-5%. Also I guess he sold most Bitcoins at about $7. Anyway I will ask him whether he has hidden any money.

If the guy's a millionaire, I don't see why the only funds he'd have access to are whatever his net profit was from the Mt Gox compromise.

I'm hoping to request more. But he's quite uncooperative. I would suggest Bitcoinica to get police involved.

When did China come into this?

Zhou said its a guy in China, in fact a multi-millionaire in China.

...In the land of the stale, the man with one share is king... >> Clipse

We pay miners at 130% PPS | Signup here : Bonus PPS Pool (Please read OP to understand the current process)
zhoutong (OP)
VIP

Activity: 490

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2012, 01:01:49 PM

Months of mudslinging and you manage to solve the riddle within just a few short hours and you never thought of confronting this mystery millionaire previous business partner before all this came to light ?

Never. Without AurumXchange and Mt. Gox providing the information they control, I have no way of providing my part of evidence.

I have no reason to use it. I set up an auto-forwarding and forgot about it. The hacker changed the settings and that's it.

Founder of NameTerrific (https://www.nameterrific.com/). Co-founder of CoinJar (https://coinjar.io/)

Donations for my future Bitcoin projects: 19Uk3tiD5XkBcmHyQYhJxp9QHoub7RosVb
repentance

Activity: 868

View Profile
July 26, 2012, 01:02:59 PM

Interesting curveball!

Let's break this down. The main scenarios for how we got here are:

1: Someone else is behind the thefts

2: Zhou is behind the thefts

Previously, the action plan that followed from either of these assumptions, if anything was to be done, was to dig deeper and probably to bring lawyers and police into the matter.

Now, though, the victims suddenly have another option: Take what money is to be had and let the whole thing slide. How many victims care enough about the truth to put their money on the line for it? I'm sure for a lot of people involved, besides Zhou Tong, the quietest end possible to this is the best. So the question is not just "whodunnit", it's first "do you care?"

Assuming, of course, this isn't just a delay tactic.

Bear in mind that this person is only implicated in the MtGox theft.  There have still been two other thefts from Bitcoinica.

Also bear in mind that legal liability may arise for any of the principals involved in this if they make a deal which involves not filing a police report.  Given the attention the Bitcoinica hacks have received in the past, I'd say there's zero possibility of any such deal not being reported in the same media which reported the hacks.  This messageboard isn't some private little club where we're talking out of earshot.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1075

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2012, 01:05:53 PM

Zhou said its a guy in China, in fact a multi-millionaire in China.

And assuming that this is true then the guy would probably have some major "guanxi" with people in authority (so not even worth thinking about trying to start any legal action in China).

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
aq

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 26, 2012, 01:11:42 PM

I have no reason to use it. I set up an auto-forwarding and forgot about it. The hacker changed the settings and that's it.
Sounds a bit lame. You have been accused of being the hacker before and you had a verified MtGox account attached to your stevejobs807 email. Still you did "forget" to check it, maybe because you thought that this would be a waste of what, 15 seconds? You give me a hard time believing this, because everyone knows that you aren't that stupid.
DarkEmi

Activity: 223

View Profile
July 26, 2012, 01:15:10 PM

W T F

I am speechless from all those cliffhangers and evolutions in the case.

I will need a little time to digest all this

ProProfi.com
The first home improvement service cryptocurrency project
ICO | Discuss on Forum
repentance

View Profile
July 26, 2012, 01:16:25 PM

W T F

I am speechless from all those cliffhangers and evolutions in the case.

I will need a little time to digest all this

That's OK. There's usually about a week between new episodes.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
July 26, 2012, 01:17:16 PM

Which one of you people do I contact about buying the movie rights to this saga?
zhoutong (OP)
VIP

Activity: 490

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2012, 01:19:53 PM

Sounds a bit lame. You have been accused of being the hacker before and you had a verified MtGox account attached to your stevejobs807 email. Still you did "forget" to check it, maybe because you thought that this would be a waste of what, 15 seconds? You give me a hard time believing this, because everyone knows that you aren't that stupid.

It's not a verified account. Only the email is verified.

The email is my anonymous alias, mainly used for testing sites without revealing my identity.

I haven't been using it for half a year. The only relationship between the email and me is that I know its password.

Founder of NameTerrific (https://www.nameterrific.com/). Co-founder of CoinJar (https://coinjar.io/)

Donations for my future Bitcoin projects: 19Uk3tiD5XkBcmHyQYhJxp9QHoub7RosVb
repentance

View Profile
July 26, 2012, 01:28:28 PM

Which one of you people do I contact about buying the movie rights to this saga?

It works better as a soap opera.

LanYu

Activity: 54
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 26, 2012, 01:36:26 PM

Zhoutong, you are so full of shit, I can tell. I have experienced almost the same scenario before. I suggest you take your money while you can and seriously consider starting a life of solitude in russia, yknow to wait out te storm for a couple years.
vampire

Activity: 574

View Profile
July 26, 2012, 01:37:15 PM

10btc for my rights
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
July 26, 2012, 01:43:43 PM

10btc for my rights

The b stands for blood, doesn't it?  Undecided
repentance

View Profile
July 26, 2012, 01:49:16 PM
Last edit: July 26, 2012, 02:03:36 PM by repentance

10btc for my rights

The b stands for blood, doesn't it?  Undecided

Blood Bitcoins.

I want the book rights.  The story needs lots of flowcharts and Venn diagrams.

Sant001

Activity: 182

View Profile
July 26, 2012, 01:51:53 PM

If this thing gets media coverage does anyone suspect that the supect will lawyer up and back off / deny it all?

Zhou, did you get any strong proof in case this happens?
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

Activity: 1078

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2012, 02:13:10 PM

I was just thinking that.

All evidence aside, isn't it kind of convenient that within 6 hours of accusation all of a sudden surfaces a 'multi million dollar Chinese hacker friend who stole Zhou's identity'

Where was this hacker all along? Why did it come to light in the middle of the night ?

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 56 »
  Print  

Jump to: