Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:23:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Statement about the suspect of recent Bitcoinica hack  (Read 136083 times)
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2012, 05:01:56 AM

don't get me wrong; i love Bruno.  he's got a good heart and has done more for the community than me.  and his investigations are just intriguing enough to reel you in.  i remember following him and trying to verify all his twists and turns he unveiled during his Who is Tom Williams investigation.  my mind ended up exploding.  oh yes, and he also has this nasty habit of parsing out his findings in a veiled and obtuse way, purposely.  i guess he likes getting everyone's panties twisted up.  Cheesy

There's some truth in the above. I'll start with the last part. Sometimes yes, sometimes no. Not trying to cop out there, but it's a fact. As far as I know, I don't have a disorder, but sometimes I can seem to get my points across in readable manner. I also sometimes get excited inside and start penning before all the dots are actually connected.

Thanks for your post, cypherdoc, for it allowed me to express where I'm coming from.

Later, bud. (every time I type that line, it's meant as a friendly "see you later"--never as a snide remark)

~Bruno~
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dancingnancy

Activity: 661
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 05:12:39 AM

If ZouhTong is not a real person...WHO did Matthew from Bitcoin Magazine interview in that Video for Bitcoinica ?

http://bitcoinmagazine.net/10-questions-with-zhou-tong/

WTF ?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=43861.0

http://bittalk.tv/?p=105

Some other Asian guy with a more mature voice than a 16(+)-year-old. A PLANT! Listen to "Zhou Tong" again in that video.

~Bruno~

Zhoutong -

To end this speculation just skype right now with one of the forum respected members.  I just listened to that interview you had.  If this is really you, I do not doubt that your english is that proficient, and I would imagine you are proficient at many other things. 

To me, some of the interview seems "scripted."  Just my opinion.  Not that it matters, it could still be your voice.  And I do believe that could be your voice, the voice of a 17 year old.  But, since there is all the sudden this idea floating around, why not put it to rest? 

zhoutong (OP)
VIP

Activity: 490
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2012, 05:37:07 AM

If ZouhTong is not a real person...WHO did Matthew from Bitcoin Magazine interview in that Video for Bitcoinica ?

WTF ?

Some other Asian guy with a more mature voice than a 16(+)-year-old. A PLANT! Listen to "Zhou Tong" again in that video.

~Bruno~

Zhoutong -

To end this speculation just skype right now with one of the forum respected members.  I just listened to that interview you had.  If this is really you, I do not doubt that your english is that proficient, and I would imagine you are proficient at many other things.  

To me, some of the interview seems "scripted."  Just my opinion.  Not that it matters, it could still be your voice.  And I do believe that could be your voice, the voice of a 17 year old.  But, since there is all the sudden this idea floating around, why not put it to rest?  

Isn't it my best interest to be a fake person right now?

I'm trying to do good and help people, but people don't give any merit to that.

To end the speculation now, Zhou Tong is fake and the guy behind it wants to help Bitcoinica customers to get their money back. Bitcoinica is just an illusional product that has never been built.

I believe some people will be very satisfied now.

Founder of NameTerrific (https://www.nameterrific.com/). Co-founder of CoinJar (https://coinjar.io/)

Donations for my future Bitcoin projects: 19Uk3tiD5XkBcmHyQYhJxp9QHoub7RosVb
bittenbob

Activity: 560

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 05:44:34 AM

WTF ?

~Bruno~

Zhoutong -

To end this speculation just skype right now with one of the forum respected members.  I just listened to that interview you had.  If this is really you, I do not doubt that your english is that proficient, and I would imagine you are proficient at many other things.  

To me, some of the interview seems "scripted."  Just my opinion.  Not that it matters, it could still be your voice.  And I do believe that could be your voice, the voice of a 17 year old.  But, since there is all the sudden this idea floating around, why not put it to rest?  

To end the speculation now, Zhou Tong is fake and the guy behind it wants to help Bitcoinica customers to get their money back. Bitcoinica is just an illusional product that has never been built.

Now that I have tracked down the official registration information for AurumXchange are you willing to provide them to proper documentation to get this cleared up? Your aggressive stance with them does not help your case at this point.
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2012, 05:54:47 AM

This thread just gets more bizarre.

Undecided

I read this quote on Something Awful and it made me lol
If Zhou posts a picture of the hacker, and it's just himself with a huge fake moustache, he might become my favourite internet person ever.

I think he should go on skype with a wig and a fake moustache  Cheesy

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 06:03:17 AM

Matthew- Roberto has already dropped out of this thread, and no matter how well phrased your continued support for the criminal Zhou is
Sorry, lost me there when you called someone a criminal without any kind of investigation and all "proof" based on something a group that broke the law just to come here and start this thread says (who can't even provide their legal registration information on request). I won't say Zhou is guilty or not guilty, it's not my job. It's also not yours, that's kind of the point. Support for transparency and evidence is not support for Zhou, it's support for everyone. If you were being railed be the community I would fight for clarity and evidence and not jump to conclusions either.

You are pretty much covered in splatter from this train wreck already-
I think you overestimate the power of a few SA goons who have already been banned and their opinion of me because I interviewed a kid and talked to him regularly on Skype. When I see evidence that he's stolen funds, I will be the first person to say "He stole the funds!". Right now it seems like a witch hunt and you and everyone here should be ashamed of yourselves. No one has of yet been able to explain why he is guilty. His friend wanted him to write some funds? Okay....Does that mean he stole some money? He was efficient in getting a response? So am I? What does that prove? Not to sound like I'm thick or anything, but this community has proven time and time again to be completely wrong on many serious issues (even BFL) and never let go even when they've been proven wrong. When the subject of that obsessive abusive harassment and libel is a 17 year old, I don't jump to support -him-, I jump to get transparency on all counts. AurumXchange posting their thread -still- makes no sense. Why would that exchange break the law to post a thread on a forum? What's in it for them?

what is your upside for shilling for Zhou?
You can hate me for asking for evidence, but you can't call me a shill when I'm demanding people provide it. Call me an annoying devil's advocate or a lynch mob joy kill if you want to.

Personally the very last thing I would want to do with my investors group is associate with any of the criminals and incompetents who are the principals in this drama.
Who is associated with any of the criminals or incompetents in this drama? As far as I can see there is one clear criminal who posted a thread libeling against Zhou, and a highly suspicious and incompetent Zhou. The only one associating any "investor group" to this is you.

Mike Jones

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 06:07:16 AM

It surprises me that Zhou wouldn't speak exclusively through an attorney.  These are some serious accusations and he's providing evidence with no real strategy. 

The evidence that is building up here is going to make the plantiff's job very easy.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 06:07:48 AM

It surprises me that Zhou wouldn't speak exclusively through an attorney with the amount of money involved.

The evidence that is building up here is going to make the plantiff's job very easy.

Thanks for the input Atlas. Aren't you permabanned?

Mike Jones

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 06:10:07 AM

It surprises me that Zhou wouldn't speak exclusively through an attorney with the amount of money involved.

I think you need to reread that other topic. You're mistaking me for someone else.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 06:22:19 AM
Last edit: August 01, 2012, 06:33:10 AM by Matthew N. Wright

I think you need to reread that other topic. You're mistaking me for someone else.

No I'm not, and your cookie cutter approach to creating new identities is really insulting everyone's intellect.

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2012, 06:32:50 AM

At this point we don't even know who you are because you continue to systematically refuse to provide KYC information. Feel free to sue me, or the company. No further statements from me regarding this issue.

Right, he should just give all his information to you so you can post it publicly for your lynch mob here, you aren't as clever as you think.

See! Even Rarity knows that the following is true.

Another Dustin Curtis Whois--the guy who had for sale lifepath.me on eBay and that Zhou Tong owns:

Registrant:
Kevin Lim
Pine Grove, Block 1K, #01-39
Singapore, 599001
Singapore

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, LLC (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: ISTHEREASON.COM
Created on: 08-Aug-04
Expires on: 08-Aug-13
Last Updated on: 09-Aug-11

Administrative Contact:
Lim, Kevin brainopera@gmail.com
Singapore, 599001
Singapore
+65.97371764

Technical Contact:
Lim, Kevin brainopera@gmail.com
Singapore, 599001
Singapore
+65.97371764
Transisto
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1731
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2012, 06:42:53 AM

Cry  Why must I read this to get updates on Bitcoinica ?
There is this ignore button I learned to use... Quoting these idiots defeat my use of the tool.

Thanks to LoupGaroux for providing an insightful point of view and Bruno for trying to find proofs.

The last 6 page were 95% useless facepalm.
Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2012, 06:45:30 AM

No I'm not, and your cookie cutter approach to creating new identities is really insulting everyone's intellect.

http://dcao.org/?page_id=36  is zhou tong your business partner ?

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 06:54:17 AM

http://dcao.org/?page_id=36  is zhou tong your business partner ?

Nope, never has been either. There have been roughly 70 members in the DCAO since it's inception. I understand that not a lot of people know much about the DCAO or how it works, but imagine 20mission but online. We have lawyers, designers, developers, investors, visionaries, marketers, writers, and heavy enthusiasts all under the same group interested in incubating products and services and raising the standards for ourselves one day at a time. Charlie Shrem seems to think Zhou Tong is guilty for example, but Charlie Shrem is also in the DCAO. Does that mean he is a business partner?  Roll Eyes

Zhou Tong left the DCAO shortly after the Linode hack (which bothered me a bit because it sent some mixed signals).

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2012, 07:08:35 AM

Stick to your pot Rarity - you don't belong in the real world.

I have never and will never use drugs.  Keeping my mind and body Clear is what has helped me refrain from being caught up in the pitchfork wielding mob that is leading you astray, I highly recommend you try and find out what is wrong with your life that has taken you off the path of clarity.  

Amen, girl! Are you an Agorist, too?

~Bruno~
Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2012, 07:12:40 AM

http://dcao.org/?page_id=36  is zhou tong your business partner ?

Nope, never has been either. There have been roughly 70 members in the DCAO since it's inception. I understand that not a lot of people know much about the DCAO or how it works, but imagine 20mission but online. We have lawyers, designers, developers, investors, visionaries, marketers, writers, and heavy enthusiasts all under the same group interested in incubating products and services and raising the standards for ourselves one day at a time. Charlie Shrem seems to think Zhou Tong is guilty for example, but Charlie Shrem is also in the DCAO. Does that mean he is a business partner?  Roll Eyes

Zhou Tong left the DCAO shortly after the Linode hack (which bothered me a bit because it sent some mixed signals).

Its just strange for a guy who was claimed to have left bitcoin behind to be still involved/listed in such a project.

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 07:14:29 AM

Its just strange for a guy who was claimed to have left bitcoin behind to be still involved/listed in such a project.

Fair enough. That page hasn't been updated in 8 months I think.

Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2012, 07:22:08 AM

Fair enough. That page hasn't been updated in 8 months I think.

Im sure PG would have asked first if he wasnt so busy hitting on rarity  Smiley

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2012, 07:35:11 AM

WTF ?

~Bruno~

Zhoutong -

I just ran out of toilet paper, but lucky for me I have printer paper. So that I don't waste a sheet, I will print this out and then use it.

Would you believe that I've yet to reach the end of this thread, starting only 7 pages behind...and on a second pot of coffee? It's not that I'm a slow reading, but... I forgot what I was going to pen. (seriously, for it's getting late and I'm tired, but won't call it a night till I get through this)

~Bruno~
Rarity

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Look upon me, BitcoinTalk, for I...am...Rarity!

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 07:43:43 AM

Stick to your pot Rarity - you don't belong in the real world.

I have never and will never use drugs.  Keeping my mind and body Clear is what has helped me refrain from being caught up in the pitchfork wielding mob that is leading you astray, I highly recommend you try and find out what is wrong with your life that has taken you off the path of clarity.  

Amen, girl! Are you an Agorist, too?

~Bruno~

I'm a dude, and probably about as far from an Agorist as is possible politically. 

"Money is like manure: Spread around, it helps things grow. Piled up in one place, it just stinks."
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 »
  Print  

Jump to: