Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 07:02:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Statement about the suspect of recent Bitcoinica hack  (Read 136087 times)
BitBuster

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 02, 2012, 04:02:42 PM

Personally, I think ZT only has two things to worry about.

1)
2)
3)
Comedy gold! Smiley

BB.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3074

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2012, 04:41:19 PM

It was a genuine mistake on my part. Apologies again to mlawrence and LoupGaroux.

No worries.  I can only wish to be as well written as LG.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Vladimir

Activity: 812
Merit: 1001

-

View Profile
August 02, 2012, 04:46:46 PM
Last edit: August 02, 2012, 05:35:41 PM by Vladimir

I must say that IMO LoupGaroux has more reasonable position on some points of this matter than that of Matthew Wright.

At the same time this bitcoinica story is bizzare^n . So many times before we get over one bizzare event they pile up another bizzare craziness on top of it. I, frankly, do not know what to think. Wait and see here.

-
disclaimer201
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 02, 2012, 05:18:13 PM

Well, first of all we can forget the alter-ego story. Tihan Seale has confirmed that Zhou indeed is who he says he is, and I see no reason why he should lie. I am not against trying to find out the truth though, and it is obvious Zhou is not telling us the entire story for whatever reasons. I really think trading 40k the day after the hack is an absolute no-go and still highly suspicious. I therefore understand why AurumXchange never gave him a warning ahead of time. If you have such a serious suspicion, you can't be asked to warn the top suspect. Zhou needs to explain to me and the people on this forum now why he would be crazy enough to trade on that specific day, what kind of money it was, and what relationship he holds with his friend.
Inedible

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

What doesn't kill you only makes you sicker!

View Profile
August 02, 2012, 05:55:06 PM

Apology accepted, but not needed. I accept grammatical errors as sine qua non for the passion exhibited on this forum.

Very gracious of you Smiley

Quote from: LoupGaroux
This appeared to be more of a public announcement directed at the hundreds of users of this community who are owed hundreds of thousands of dollars that have "disappeared" under the fiduciary responsibility of Zhou Tong who accept those funds into escrow.

A public announcement is quite right under the circumstances. Disclosing the personal information was a step too far (certainly until it had been fully investigated).

I haven't lost a penny in this debacle.

Me neither. Perhaps I should have stated this earlier.

The only dog I have in this fight, as I quite openly stated in another thread several weeks ago, is to keep a solar flare burning on this issue so that criminal scams of all types will be found out, the guilty parties discovered, and the integrity of our community restored, along with the funds taken from the victims of these scams.

Hear, hear!

His lies are numerous, and his mis-directions are clearly stated for all to see. Building layer upon layer of the story does not change the truth of the issue.

I can't tell which are lies and which are truths simply because I don't think the evidence is present to say that ZT has lied (quite possible I've missed it).

There's certainly a lack of evidence to back up his defence but that isn't proof of guilt or lying.

By bringing his story into a public forum, and pleading his case in front of the court of public opinion "Zhou Tong" has given up any reasonable claim to privacy in this affair.

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't it AX that forced ZT to respond in a public forum because they were the first to make mention of any of this (even before filing a police report for what they believed was fraud/theft)? (That's not meant to read snarky, it's just my understanding is the opposite of yours).

Given that "Zhou Tong" himself started this very thread, and made very public claims of very private matters, it seems somewhat disingenuous to ask for privacy when the same consideration is given of his actions and information.

Have you seen the other thread that this thread is a response to? I'd forgotten about it too (despite it being only a week old). Here it is for your convenience: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=95738.0

It seems to me that ZT was forced to respond publicly, no?

Bitconica was categorically NOT an exchange. It was an leveraged hedge speculation site based on projected future moves in the value of bitcoin against fiat. The site in fact had to rely on outside exchanges for conversion of fiat into bitcoin, and for the movement of payments. Speculation is a form of gambling, albeit one with a more socially acceptable reputation than others, but it is gambling none the less, and there is ample case law history that online gambling IS illegal in many countries.

Conceded

Will I feel remorse if by some inconceivable alignment of the planets and the absolute veracity of the Mayan Calendar exonerating "Zhou Tong" from any involvement in this matter? No.

I wouldn't say he's innocent either. He created the system, he promoted it and then he sold it. I would debate the amount of responsibility he has though.

He is by no stretch of the imagination "innocent", he crafted the gambling system, promoted it, lied about function and returns, lied about his own abilities when he sought angels to adopt the failure that it was becoming, and has consistently mislead, covered up and shaded the facts to support his own position to the detriment of all.

I haven't seen where he's lied about functionality and the returns or his abilities but I've been away from the forums for quiet some time but I accept that this might have happened. If so it certainly weakens his position.

I am not even convinced that he is a minor at all. There seems to be a growing body of proof that he may be buried under yet another layer of false identity, and no person could remain 17 for the length of time that he has claimed to be that age...
 at some point a birthday will jump up and kick him in the teeth, even if he is using some obscure Confucian calendar, he ages. And, consider the fact of where he chose to play his games.

I don't know whether he's a minor or not either. I just feel it would be quite a feat of planning to expect to use it for some form of criminal defense in the future in case he got caught out. I accept that at some point he'll be 18 (probably soon if not very recently) but then if he is due to turn 'adult' you're accepting that he's 17 then?

If you want to be considered a child for protection as a minor, do not misrepresent yourself as an adult in an adult world, and play at adults games.

If by adult games you mean steal from the community then that presumes he's guilty. If by adult games you mean by creating Bitcoinica then I don't see why you have to be an adult to create it.

By his own statements he is the close associate of someone he alleges is a serious criminal, is this a child who should be accorded some special consideration because he didn't know what he was doing? No.

Associating yourself with criminals isn't a smart thing to do. Any adult would know this, especially in the business world. It's certainly something you'll learn from experience but that's the thing, he's a minor. He might not know better.

Also, I'd like to add, ZT hasn't ever mentioned that he's hiding behind the defence of being a minor. I'm the only one that's brought that up and the only reason why I do is because if he is a minor AND he's innocent then he doesn't deserve this.

1) Any belief that he's using his age as a cover is completely fictitious (because I'm the only one that's brought it up)
2) It requires you accept that his age is really 17/18

If you don't think he's a minor then claiming he's using his age as a cover doesn't make sense (but I'm not sure you are making that claim, rather, just debating the point).

And a small edit in light of point #3 above about being know as a "grass" (or squealer in the US)... with the level of criminal he is implicating in this matter, and the not insignificant amounts of money involved- this grass will not be long for this world in that community. A good soldier will shut up and take his stripes in this type of case, do his time and be welcome back into the company of criminals afterwards. A squealer won't make it past the first couple of days, giving up Notorious Relic Dealer Chen, and his ilk.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean here. Are you saying that he should just do as the criminal wants because he could otherwise face real danger?

If this post was useful, interesting or entertaining, then you've misunderstood.
Inedible

View Profile
August 02, 2012, 05:56:58 PM

Personally, I think ZT only has two things to worry about.

1)
2)
3)
Comedy gold! Smiley

BB.

Grin - I call it Bitcoin maths

If this post was useful, interesting or entertaining, then you've misunderstood.
Rarity

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Look upon me, BitcoinTalk, for I...am...Rarity!

View Profile
August 02, 2012, 08:49:58 PM

Without blaming anyone, I would like to suggest a better way to handle similar situations in the future:

Release about half of the information to the suspect privately, and give him 12 hours to explain himself. This way you can use his explanation to check against the other half of the evidence, to determine whether it's a made up story or plausible truth.

After 12 hours, post the full evidence alongside with the explanation in public. It also protects privacy and encourages the community to act in a neutral manner.

I never understood why you wanted to protect the privacy of a person you claim framed you for a $500,000 theft.  Do whatever you want Zhou, but I am posting right now to tell you this:

With the interest I have received, we should be hiring a PI early next week.  This PI will locate you in Australia and allow us to file an official theft complaint with the Australian police.

It will then be between you and the police to determine if "Chen" does indeed exist.  If he doesn't, YOU will be the one going to prison for several years.  If he does happen to exist, then you can be fully exonerated in the community, and we can turn our attention on him.  Be advised that the police are not going to accept your wish to keep his identity secret.

This one simple step is going to flush all the bullshit stories that have been floating around this forum.

Zhou Tong should probably go to the police at this point to ask for protection from the violent threats leveled against him by this individual.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=97365.msg1073135#msg1073135

"Money is like manure: Spread around, it helps things grow. Piled up in one place, it just stinks."
Inedible

View Profile
August 02, 2012, 09:01:31 PM

As stated, no more statements will be release on this forum.

After releasing so much information at the start, is there a reason why you can no longer be so open?

Quote from: aurumxchange
As per the possible motivation behind certain individuals on this thread, please read this post carefully:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=84042.msg1074192#msg1074192

I can think of two people you might have in mind when you make this comment. If one of them is who I think it is, I can understand why people might feel there's a conflict of interest but all I can see is they've made no plea other than wait till something conclusive comes in. If they were saying that ZT is absolutely not guilty then I could see your point but otherwise are you saying that the person is being reasonable and rational because sometime in the past he's received monies from ZT?

LoupGaroux

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 02, 2012, 09:02:39 PM

If the thread was that compelling as evidence, maybe it shouldn't have been moved to the trashcan. Having read most of it previously, I would hardly describe it as "violent threats" or threats to "injure/kill". Pointing out that criminals sometimes run afoul of their own devices and get hurt or disappear is nothing more than talking about the headlines on the evening news. If there was a legitimate reason for that user to be censured, I sure the appropriate actions would have been taken by Board leadership, especially given that they have a predilection to support "Zhou Tong" and excuse his actions. Said user is still here, and the thread has been removed, calling attention to it as a call to action is somewhat hollow.

I seriously doubt that "Zhou Tong" close personal confidante and buddy of Notorious Relic Dealer Chen, Criminal Mastermind, wants to have anything to do at all with the police in China. First off its a long trip from Australia back to China just to file a vague police report; second, that very same travel could be considered flight to avoid prosecution; third, he stands a pretty damn good shot at having Notorious Relic Dealer Chen really, really upset with him, and perhaps suffering an accident like falling down a flight of Relic stairs, thirty of forth times; and fourth, why would he give up dependable broadband as enjoyed in Australia for the controlled and limited access in China, when all of his other "business ventures" are outside of China?
Rarity

View Profile
August 02, 2012, 09:04:27 PM

If the thread was that compelling as evidence, maybe it shouldn't have been moved to the trashcan. Having read most of it previously, I would hardly describe it as "violent threats"

There is another thread for you to debate the moderator decision to take ML at his word when he admitted he was stalking ZT and incriminating himself, so take it there:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=97365.40

"Money is like manure: Spread around, it helps things grow. Piled up in one place, it just stinks."
Inedible

View Profile
August 02, 2012, 09:07:22 PM

Zhou Tong should probably go to the police at this point to ask for protection from the violent threats leveled against him by this individual.

Gosh! But has anyone actually made mention of a hitman?

stochastic

Activity: 532

View Profile
August 02, 2012, 09:09:50 PM

You are obviously not paying attention to Rarity's comments.  Rarity can bring up the subject buy you cannot discuss it here.  Roll Eyes

Introducing constraints to the economy only serves to limit what can be economical.
Rarity

View Profile
August 02, 2012, 09:11:09 PM

You are obviously not paying attention to Rarity's comments.  Rarity can bring up the subject buy you cannot discuss it here.  Roll Eyes

I was only responding to ML bringing it up again, pointing out what the moderators have said on the matter. If you disagree with their view feel free to tell them in the thread I have linked.

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
August 02, 2012, 09:12:38 PM

As per the possible motivation behind certain individuals on this thread, please read this post carefully:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=84042.msg1074192#msg1074192

Thank you
Roberto

Thank you for the thought felt post to Vladimir. Since he's unlikely to be able to reply as swiftly as myself, I've made a response that might answer your questions the best. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=84042.msg1074332#msg1074332

Vladimir may decide to response -also-.

Inedible

View Profile
August 02, 2012, 09:13:49 PM

Well, first of all we can forget the alter-ego story. Tihan Seale has confirmed that Zhou indeed is who he says he is, and I see no reason why he should lie.

Does the community accept Tihan Seale as an upstanding member of the community? If so I guess we can accept that ZT is indeed who he says he is?

If the community does accept this, then do the people who believe ZT not to be who he says he is have anything to say to the matter?

Quote from: disclaimer201
I really think trading 40k the day after the hack is an absolute no-go and still highly suspicious.

Trading the day after the hack suggests that he either didn't know there was a hack or that he thought he couldn't be caught. One would be quite ignorant and the other would be quite arrogant.

I therefore understand why AurumXchange never gave him a warning ahead of time.

Not sure confronting the accused would be considered a warning but I have to agree the information they had seemed pretty damning. Again though, what happens if ZT can verify that the money came from his friend (e.g. police check bank records)? I'm just saying it's still a possibility and the existence of his friend will be very easy to verify now that AML regulations have kicked in.

If you have such a serious suspicion, you can't be asked to warn the top suspect.

Don't warn - simply call the police. That's what they're there for.

Zhou needs to explain to me and the people on this forum now why he would be crazy enough to trade on that specific day, what kind of money it was, and what relationship he holds with his friend.

Was the hack known about the day after? If not then that's why he traded the next day (i.e. didn't know about it). If he did know about the hack then he's far more stupid than we've been led to believe, especially if the amounts were known.

coinft

Activity: 187

View Profile
August 02, 2012, 11:17:26 PM

He's not just stalking him, he is also referencing acts of violence.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=95913.msg1057307#msg1057307

I don't think she's going to use a lawyer.   Wink

And you have some nerve trying to hide behind the law after stealing from us.

Maybe you should start picking out wheelchairs?   Grin

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=95795.msg1057298#msg1057298

You better get used to invasion Zhou, cause it's going to get a lot worse.

Where I come from we don't let people steal half a million dollars and get away with it.

That's all I'm going to say about that anymore, since I'm not going to incriminate myself further.

This is not okay.

Stealing $500,000 is not okay.  

People have been killed for a lot less - stop living in your imaginary pink unicorn world.

And now has referenced murdering Zhou.

And now so have you.
Rarity

View Profile
August 02, 2012, 11:20:39 PM

Where I come from we don't let people steal half a million dollars and get away with it.

That's all I'm going to say about that anymore, since I'm not going to incriminate myself further.

This is not okay.

People have been killed for a lot less - stop living in your imaginary pink unicorn world.

And now so have you.

Actually no, that's kind of retarded.  Quoting someone discussing violence and admitting they are stalking someone and incriminating themselves is not the same as mentioning that it happened.  We have a separate thread for this now if you want to debate the mod decision that these threats were problematic: 

augustocroppo
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 02, 2012, 11:32:39 PM

Actually no, that's kind of retarded.  Quoting someone discussing violence and admitting they are stalking someone and incriminating themselves is not the same as mentioning that it happened.  We have a separate thread for this now if you want to debate the mod decision that these threats were problematic:  

We?

Who is "we"?

If you know there is the appropriate thread for such matter, why you insist to continue the debate here?
Rarity

View Profile
August 02, 2012, 11:36:09 PM

Who is "we"?

The moderators decided to split the discussion.

If you know there is the appropriate thread for such matter, why you insist to continue the debate here?

I am simply replying to direct individuals to the proper, moderator sanctioned venue to discuss their decision about the threats that were posted.

coinft

Activity: 187

View Profile
August 03, 2012, 01:15:47 AM

This is not okay.

And now so have you.

Actually no, that's kind of retarded.  Quoting someone discussing violence and admitting they are stalking someone and incriminating themselves is not the same as mentioning that it happened.  We have a separate thread for this now if you want to debate the mod decision that these threats were problematic: 

It's a simple fact you did reference murder.

Facts can be misleading without proper context, but that's a game you started with your sentence, which only states "referencing murder", but implies condoning it. I don't see quotes of any threat or admission. Beaten at your own game, your next step is to attack ad hominem. My response was not retarded but a play on your own rhetoric.

As for actual threats, I haven't seen them here in this thread, and I can't approve of threats of violence, but if you want to keep this discussion out of here I advise to not report about it here either. Least of all in a flippant implying way provoking responses.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 »
  Print  

Jump to: