Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 03:11:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 ... 184 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How to save money.  (Read 345756 times)
nerFohanzo

Activity: 631
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 06:10:35 PM

buy low, sell high, and put the profit in the piggy bank

Every time you cannot be dependent on it that every time you would earn profit out of it, So I don't think that it is an good idea to save money, but you should be having a concrete way to save money which could be profitable for you in the future, and the best way to save money is by avoiding unwanted expenses and that is the best way to save money.
tommorisonwebdesign

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 06:22:50 PM

Nice advice. I am also looking for a way to save money. I don't know why it is so easy to spend money for buying things that is not so necessary. While the things we need the most and needed big amount of money we feel so hard to do savings and the worst is in the end we take loans on banks. Need to change before it becomes a habit  Cheesy

I think it is a good start for all of us if we do not take any loans on the bank (except a possible mortgage) or use a credit card. This is actually the worst way to spend money because of the interest you have to pay.  And even with regard to mortgages, please spend a lot of time looking for which kind of mortage is the best for YOU! Remember, what mortgage is the best for you according to the bank, often is not the best for you but the best one for the bank..

Nowadays also crowd-funding websites arise for providing people loans. Maybe we all should look more into those websites and leave banks as they are.
Credit cards are a death sentence. The best thing to do if you have a credit card with debt is to cut them up and stick to spending debit and cash only. It always cost way more money to pay for everything ever. If it were not needed to travel, I would not have one.

Signatures? How about learning a skill... I don't care either way. Everybody has to make a living somehow.
Don007
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1007

Live like there is no tomorrow!

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 06:36:02 PM

Nice advice. I am also looking for a way to save money. I don't know why it is so easy to spend money for buying things that is not so necessary. While the things we need the most and needed big amount of money we feel so hard to do savings and the worst is in the end we take loans on banks. Need to change before it becomes a habit  Cheesy

I think it is a good start for all of us if we do not take any loans on the bank (except a possible mortgage) or use a credit card. This is actually the worst way to spend money because of the interest you have to pay.  And even with regard to mortgages, please spend a lot of time looking for which kind of mortage is the best for YOU! Remember, what mortgage is the best for you according to the bank, often is not the best for you but the best one for the bank..

Nowadays also crowd-funding websites arise for providing people loans. Maybe we all should look more into those websites and leave banks as they are.
Credit cards are a death sentence. The best thing to do if you have a credit card with debt is to cut them up and stick to spending debit and cash only. It always cost way more money to pay for everything ever. If it were not needed to travel, I would not have one.

I definately agree with you, although the guarantees of using Credit Cards are nice. However, as this costs a premium, I would not suggest you to use one. In fact, most people are spending money with their CC which they don't even have: spend the money you have.       The same applies for people loaning money to buy for example a car. Don't! Save money and buy a car with the money you own by yourself.

There is no need to drive the nicest or fastest cars. In fact, even a few dents in your car does not matter: this can save you thousands of dollars!

{Curently quite inactive as I'm really busy in my private life. I will get back soon!}

-> Your line here during my inactivity? Feel free to PM <-
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 08:36:30 PM

The best way to save is to spend less and save more...and do more busines ore something Smiley)

Spend less I get, but save more?

I thought the purpose is to spend money eventually, cause whats the point if youre 60 years old and barely touching the money when you know you can die from anything.

What can i see in this case is, the best to save money is invest in something really important, like OP said in 1st way, the advice is helpful.
just save money is means nothing, at least you will spend it, i'm sure.
freeyourmind

Activity: 364
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 10:25:59 PM

I definately agree with you, although the guarantees of using Credit Cards are nice. However, as this costs a premium, I would not suggest you to use one. In fact, most people are spending money with their CC which they don't even have: spend the money you have.       The same applies for people loaning money to buy for example a car. Don't! Save money and buy a car with the money you own by yourself.

There is no need to drive the nicest or fastest cars. In fact, even a few dents in your car does not matter: this can save you thousands of dollars!

The thing about credit cards is that they offer rewards and cash back to the buyer, at the cost of a fee to the seller.  So for me, I get cashback on all CC purchases, as well as additional insurance coverage and some other smaller benefits that probably aren't significant to most people (road side assistance and towing).  I have my credit card set up to automatically be paid, so I never incur any interest, but benefit from the rewards.  To your point though, for anyone not planning to pay off the full balance, a credit card is a terrible way to spend money, but as long as you always pay the full balance, there is a benefit to the buyer from the rewards programs.

In terms of cars, I agree there is no need to spend beyond your means, but as a car/motorcycle enthusiast, I have had great experiences in motorsports, that were very worth the cost to me.  I never spent beyond my limit or went into debt.  More recently I have an economy car, and rarely even drive anymore as I live in the city, but miss the excitement I used to experience earlier. Smiley
torrentheaven

Activity: 952

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 10:31:48 PM

The best way to save is to spend less and save more...and do more busines ore something Smiley)

I thought the purpose is to spend money eventually, cause whats the point if youre 60 years old and barely touching the money when you know you can die from anything.

What can i see in this case is, the best to save money is invest in something really important, like OP said in 1st way, the advice is helpful.

Yeah and if you spend it then you can't say that you are saving, as saving requires a great level of discipline and Saving in something important and valuable would be a great thing which can give you best returns in the future, So no need to take higher risks but invest in something that would give you some safe returns for sure.
oxiyusuf

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 11:22:07 PM

Yeah and if you spend it then you can't say that you are saving, as saving requires a great level of discipline and Saving in something important and valuable would be a great thing which can give you best returns in the future, So no need to take higher risks but invest in something that would give you some safe returns for sure.
if this time you do not take risks that exist and turn it into profit then you will lose money iu slowly, especially now that the bank must have the aaupun business risks but small dross, so why do not you try
shane

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 01:06:32 AM

buy low, sell high, and put the profit in the piggy bank

nice tips, we never know ehen price low and when price high Roll Eyes
and are you always win ?

▄▄██████▄▄
      ╓▄███▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀███▄╖
   ▄███▀▀≈╜▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀╙≈▀▀███▄
 ▄██▀▄▓▀▄██▀╜    ╙▀██▄▀▓▄▀██▄
▐██,██║N▀`          '▀N║██ ██▌
██╜██╜╗                ╔╙██╙██
▐█▌█║                ║█µ▓▐█▌
▐█▌ ▐█║                ║█▌ ▐█▌
▐█▌▐╗█║                ║█╔▌▐█▌
██║▐█▄",              ,"▄█▌║██
▐██ ▀██½█▄▄        ▄▄█½██▀╓██▌
 ▀██▓▄▀▀╥▀▀▀      ▀▀▀╥▀▀▄▓██▀
   ▀▀███▓▄ª▀██████▀Q▄▓███▀▀
      ╙▀▀██▓▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀╜
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄       ▄▄        ▄▄    ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄      ,▄▄▄
  ▄███▀▀▀▀███▄  ▄██▀▀▀██  ▄██████████   ███     ▐██▄       ██▌   █████  ▀███    ▄███▀
 ▐██▀      ▀██▌▐█▀        ██▀          █████    ▐████╗     ██▌           ╙▀█▀ ,███▀
 ██▌        ▐██           ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███ ███   ▐██▀██▄    ██▌   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ╙ ╔███"
▐██          ██▌          ████████   ███   ███  ▐██ `▀██▄  ██▌   ███████▀   ▄███,
 ██▌        ▐██           ██        ███     ██▌ ▐██   ╙███╗██▌            ,██████▄
 ▐██▄      ▄██▌▐█▄        ██▄      ███       █▌ ▐██     ╙████▌           ╔███  ▀██▄
  ▀███▄▄▄▄███▀  ▀██▄▄▄██  ▀█████  ███           ▐██       ▀██▌   █████  ▄██▌    ▀███▄
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀  ▀▀▀             ▀▀        ▀▀    ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀"      "▀▀▀

tommorisonwebdesign

Activity: 448

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 02:58:45 AM

The thing about credit cards is that they offer rewards and cash back to the buyer, at the cost of a fee to the seller.  So for me, I get cashback on all CC purchases, as well as additional insurance coverage and some other smaller benefits that probably aren't significant to most people (road side assistance and towing).  I have my credit card set up to automatically be paid, so I never incur any interest, but benefit from the rewards.  To your point though, for anyone not planning to pay off the full balance, a credit card is a terrible way to spend money, but as long as you always pay the full balance, there is a benefit to the buyer from the rewards programs.

In terms of cars, I agree there is no need to spend beyond your means, but as a car/motorcycle enthusiast, I have had great experiences in motorsports, that were very worth the cost to me.  I never spent beyond my limit or went into debt.  More recently I have an economy car, and rarely even drive anymore as I live in the city, but miss the excitement I used to experience earlier. Smiley
Yes I do agree with you on that. If you able to pay off your full balance, you end up not paying interest and actually get rewards. That's nice if you plan to pay off your debit. But if you don/'t plan to pay the full balance, you will end up paying a lot down the line.

Signatures? How about learning a skill... I don't care either way. Everybody has to make a living somehow.
f5g8t9e36xc

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2015, 07:22:37 AM

for me.spend for accessories  much to much. Cry Cry
Don007
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1007

Live like there is no tomorrow!

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 12:17:15 PM

I'm on the road quite a lot, and that's why I want / need a decent car: I don't any parts likely to break down when I'm heading to work. However, although I'm a real car enthusiast too, I don't think I would spend a lot of money on good looking cars otherwise these days. Maybe as soon as my financial situation improves Wink.

If you only drive short distances, cheap (older) cars are suitable - although you have to be aware not to buy a car that is likely to break down, for example, a car with a lot of miles on it. Maitenance costs can then be very high, and you end up worse than if you have bought a more expensive car in the first place.

{Curently quite inactive as I'm really busy in my private life. I will get back soon!}

-> Your line here during my inactivity? Feel free to PM <-
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 12:59:55 PM

That's right, but people is too greedy, anything which have high offer for investment they will do without thinking any risk. until they forget if the healthy is more important than anything.
I hope someday there are a insurance company which can accept bitcoin as investment Cheesy
HarHarHar9965

Activity: 994

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 02:30:43 PM

That's right, but people is too greedy, anything which have high offer for investment they will do without thinking any risk. until they forget if the healthy is more important than anything.
I hope someday there are a insurance company which can accept bitcoin as investment Cheesy

lol, there are people here who would take insurance for investing in bitcoin itself Tongue Its not about being greedy man, everybody wants to be rich. You're talking like you're not being greedy by having a job and stealing employment from someone else Tongue Get my point? I think it would be stupid to invest in something which has the potential to benefit you.
wearepoor

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 02:55:34 PM

There are many simple ways to save the money. First we have to understand how much we are spending, keep a track of everything we spend. If we get a idea of what are the monthly expenses then we can plan the monthly budget accordingly, over spending items should be controlled and try to build emergency funds.
Decide the priorities and avoid spending on unnecessary things. By setting short term and long term savings goals we can save good amount of money  Smiley
Dotakels (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 03:01:14 PM

lol, there are people here who would take insurance for investing in bitcoin itself Tongue Its not about being greedy man, everybody wants to be rich. You're talking like you're not being greedy by having a job and stealing employment from someone else Tongue Get my point? I think it would be stupid to invest in something which has the potential to benefit you.
He only mean that if the company that giving an insurance, voluntary or necessity can accept bitcoin as a payment so their salary will not be used to pay their insurances.
operrajunk74

Activity: 344

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 09:29:35 PM

There are so many ways to save the money. First figure out what are your monthly expenses then make a list of them, cut down the unnecessary expenses, at the end you will come to know how much you have to spend for a month. Set some short term and long term saving plans and start your saving. Invest your money in retirement fund, gold, buy fixed assets, mutual funds and some emergency funds.
luciann

Activity: 252

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 10:22:42 PM

despite the obvious remarks on saving money.

I think its also be mentioned that to be obvious on common sense of investment choices or being involved to avoid financial vehicles that looks like a opportunity but really isnt.

Or helping launch a friends idea, because he/she is your friend.

swogerino
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1236

Livecasino.io

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 10:25:34 PM

Just avoid spending money on things that you won't need for a long time. Materialistic ideology is very bad.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
... LIVECASINO.io    Play Live Games with up to 20% cashback!...██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
lissandra

Activity: 434

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 11:16:41 PM

Just avoid spending money on things that you won't need for a long time. Materialistic ideology is very bad.

Despite that great remark.

Most will never be able to do this. Just like how you see people line up the latest 8th version of a iphone, they still will go grab it.

yakelbtc

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

0x7ae5adbc7a0429a49b6e6ed4a8a89ffbbae6125f

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 11:53:59 PM

How to save money
1.avoid accumulating new dept
2. Keep a budget and record your expenses
3. Make a investment
4. Remove luxuries from budget.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 ... 184 »
  Print  

Jump to: