Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 06:15:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 [139] 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 ... 446 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion?  (Read 901255 times)
BitNow
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2015, 12:06:38 AM

Now you're telling me the Pope is gay?    Grin

I can laugh on this as I know you are not a dead end.

▐█████▄
            ▐█████████        ▄▄▄
            ▐████  ▐█████   ▀▀▀  █▌
            ▐███  ▐███████      ▐█▌
            ▐██▌   ▀█████▀     ▐█▀
       ▂▄▄▐██▌     ▀▀▀      ▐█▌
    ▐██████████████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄█▌
  ▐███       ▐███▀▀█████▄▄▄ ▐██
   ▐█▌        ▐███    ▀▀▀███████▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀        ▐███        ▐██▀█████▄▄
                ▐███      ▐██▌    ▀▀███▄▄
                 ▐███    ▐██▌  ▄▄▄▄▄  ███▄
         ▄████▄   ▐██▌  ▐███  ▐███████████
       ▐████████▌  ▐██▌▐██▌   ▐████████▀▀
        ▀██████▀    ▐████▀     ▀████▀
         ▐███▀     ▄█▐███
        ▐███▀   ▄████▌▀███
        ▐██████████▀    ▐█▌    █
         ▀████▀▀         ▐█▌  ██
                           ▀▀▀▀

▶  TELEGRAM
▶  BITCOINTALK

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1365

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 12:10:14 AM

Now you're telling me the Pope is gay?    Grin

I can laugh on this as I know you are not a dead end.

The Bible tells us that Jesus is the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. He is not a dead end, and I am with Him in spirit now, and in true life through all eternity.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2015, 03:23:48 AM

spoiler: it's lower than you think, especially if you believe in god(s).

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3015

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2015, 03:43:02 AM

spoiler: it's lower than you think, especially if you believe in god(s).

Why do they call IQs between 85 and 100 to be average?  They should be "below average" - 100 is the average IQ.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
1aguar

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 05:12:18 AM

Since you ignore what the Bible says at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1054513.msg12690846#msg12690846 and https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1054513.msg12741055#msg12741055, you have no credibility in suggesting that Jesus doesn't offer salvation, yes, even to you.

I have interpreted those parts of the Bible differently, and I do not need to accept them anyway because it is a tampered book. These are the parts that you ignore:

1) he never ONCE suggested that he was your "SAVIOR".
2) WHEN ASKED IF HE WAS GOD HE SAID, “THEY say as much."
3) The New Commandment he gave was "follow my example", "love others as I have loved you"; he gave no Commandment to believe in a savior.
1aguar

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 05:18:56 AM

The trouble with you is, you would like to do the command. You are trying to do the command. But you can't love.
According to you, I cannot love because... I do not accept that someone else has taken responsibility for my wicked actions?  Huh

If you had any love, you would teach people how to be saved the only way that they CAN be saved... through the salvation done by Jesus of the Bible.

I will not accept a dogma; the Bible is tampered; the books and doctrine therein were approved by the Church of Rome;
I use reason, I do not trust the Roman authorities with the keys to the Kingdom of God (which is within you), lest they attempt to steal my spiritual inheritance. Everyone has their own interpretation of the Bible, but God's Laws need no interpretation; I meditate upon these laws day and night and thus I am blessed (Psalms 1).

Only by knowledge will you be saved; God's people DIE for lack of knowledge. No one DIES for lack of a "SAVIOR" because there are no saviors; God's Kingdom is within you, so YOU have to do the saving.
Also, the command was "love others as yourself", and if you "do this, and [then] you shall live". The command was not "save yourself by believing that I am the son of God"; in fact, Jesus never ONCE suggested that he was your "SAVIOR".
MakingMoneyHoney

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 01:17:10 PM

Einstein's theory is predicated on there being no aether. It's been proved there is. Whoops.

As far as measuring IQs like measuring dicks, the practice is idiotic. There are tons of people with high IQs that believe in some sort of God. You'll need a different graph to prove what you said. But I'm sure people who like to think they're smarter than religious people will come up with some pretty graph to do that. Of course when everyone finds out the truth, they won't feel so smart, lol. We are to come to the Lord with a child-like innocence without pride. Because pride is a stumbling block, and the worst sin, it can keep you from an eternity in paradise.

What Einstein got wrong

Breaking relativity: Celestial signals defy Einstein

Why Einstein was wrong about relativity

Sacrificing Einstein: Relativity’s keystone has to go

Gravity: Were Newton and Einstein wrong?

Astrophile: Trio of dead stars could take on Einstein

Levitating glass bead proves Einstein wrong

What is the current status of Einstein-Aether theory of gravity?

http://aetherforce.com/the-aether-peer-reviewed-and-proven/

“I believe that I have really found the relationship between gravitation and electricity, assuming that the Miller experiments are based on a fundamental error. Otherwise, the whole relativity theory collapses like a house of cards.”
— Albert Einstein, in a letter to Robert Millikan, June 1921 (in Clark 1971, p.328)
1aguar

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 05:05:41 PM

There are tons of people with high IQs that believe in some sort of God.

Right, plenty of people; including... Einstein!

Quote from: A. Einstein
every one who is seriously engaged in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that the laws of nature manifest the existence of a spirit vastly superior to that of men, and one in the face of which we with our modest powers must feel humble.

https://sites.google.com/site/chs4o8pt/eminent_researchers#researchers_einstein
BitNow
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2015, 05:53:36 PM

every one who is seriously engaged in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that the laws of nature manifest the existence of a spirit vastly superior to that of men, and one in the face of which we with our modest powers must feel humble.

What do you believe 1aguar?

▐█████▄
            ▐█████████        ▄▄▄
            ▐████  ▐█████   ▀▀▀  █▌
            ▐███  ▐███████      ▐█▌
            ▐██▌   ▀█████▀     ▐█▀
       ▂▄▄▐██▌     ▀▀▀      ▐█▌
         ▐███▀     ▄█▐███
        ▐███▀   ▄████▌▀███
        ▐██████████▀    ▐█▌    █
         ▀████▀▀         ▐█▌  ██
                           ▀▀▀▀

▶  TELEGRAM
▶  BITCOINTALK
Gimpeline

Activity: 555
Merit: 507

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 06:06:54 PM

Ah the religious quote mining.
here is the whole quote

“Everyone who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the universe – a spirit vastly superior to that of man, and one in the face of which we with our modest powers must feel humble. In this way the pursuit of science leads to a religious feeling of a special sort, which is indeed quite different from the religiosity of someone more naive.”

he also said:

“It was, of course, a lie what you read about my religious convictions, a lie which is being systematically repeated. I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it.”

https://whyevolutionistrue.wordpress.com/2012/02/11/huffpo-science-section-engages-in-dishonest-quote-mining/
1aguar

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 08:42:06 PM

A spirit vastly superior to that of man, believed by MANY eminent researchers, is worthy of consideration by everyone. No religion is implied, just a supreme being, revealed by those who seriously evaluate the evidence, like the evidence of physics as pointed out on the near-Death site (link omitted).
BitNow
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2015, 08:45:22 PM

A spirit vastly superior to that of man, believed by MANY eminent researchers, is worthy of consideration by everyone. No religion is implied, just a supreme being, revealed by those who seriously evaluate the evidence, like the evidence of physics as pointed out on the near-Death site (link omitted).

Do you believe in the final solution?

▐█████▄
            ▐█████████        ▄▄▄
            ▐████  ▐█████   ▀▀▀  █▌
            ▐███  ▐███████      ▐█▌
            ▐██▌   ▀█████▀     ▐█▀
       ▂▄▄▐██▌     ▀▀▀      ▐█▌
         ▐███▀     ▄█▐███
        ▐███▀   ▄████▌▀███
        ▐██████████▀    ▐█▌    █
         ▀████▀▀         ▐█▌  ██
                           ▀▀▀▀

▶  TELEGRAM
▶  BITCOINTALK
Gronthaing
Legendary

Activity: 1135
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 04:08:40 AM

Everyone has right to live his life by his own opinion.. opinion varies among people but this is not right you attack on someone's religion's or his believes...
So you have no problems with what ISIS is doing then? Their religious belief is to go round killing people.

If we followed your advice, we would not be allowed to criticise them.

ISIS and Atheists both like to kill people, cutting their throats or go to school and start shooting. Christians never do that. Based on empiric facts.

No Christians NEVER kill other people!!!!!  Except maybe the Crusades, the Spanish Inquisition & Nazi concentration camps....Just off the top of my head....

And ISIS is a perversion of Islam.  It's political.

They weren't Christians, they were wolves in sheep's clothing - people pretending to be Christians. Christians follow Jesus Christ and He told us to treat others as we would want to be treated and to turn the other cheek if harmed.

Matthew 5:39 But I say to you, do not resist an evil person; but whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also. 40 "If anyone wants to sue you and take your shirt, let him have your coat also

Who are you to decide if they were christians or not? They believed they were christians and people in those times believed they were christians. They didn't follow everything that is in the bible exactly? No one does. When was the last time you gave everything you have to a homeless person, if you are a christian? If they aren't christians as you say then 99% of the others who say they are, aren't either. The alternative is christians are just as violent as everyone else. Look at the missionaries in Africa and India today and all their crimes for example.

The bible clearly tells us they're not Christians. I'm not the one deciding.

People from the Crusades, the Spanish Inquisition and Naza concentration camps were not Christians. I'm not talking about luke warm Christians who for some reason still get married multiple times, I'm talking about people who terrorized and killed people.

1 John 4:20 If someone says, "I love God," and hates his brother, he is a liar; for the one who does not love his brother whom he has seen, cannot love God whom he has not seen. 21 And this commandment we have from Him, that the one who loves God should love his brother also.

1 John 2:15 Do not love the world nor the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh and the lust of the eyes and the boastful pride of life, is not from the Father, but is from the world. (this includes the lust for murder and torture)

1 John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God. 8 The one who does not love does not know God, for God is love.

If they aren't loving their neighbors, they do not know God. Period. No ifs, ands, or buts. This is the perpetual lie that people like to spew about how bad Christians can be. But in reality those people are just a bunch of people who did not know God and loved this world, and the lust of the flesh.

You know what the Nazis were doing? Some scientists were doing experiments to figure out how to stay in the cold longer, to not die. That is the love of the flesh, the love of this life on earth. (http://remember.org/educate/medexp)

John 12:25 He who loves his life loses it, and he who hates his life in this world will keep it to life eternal. 26 "If anyone serves Me, he must follow Me; and where I am, there My servant will be also; if anyone serves Me, the Father will honor him.

They loved their life so much they were willing to kill people and torture people to keep their lives on earth. This is the exact opposite of a Christian.

Problem is you are using a few quotes from the bible that say what you want. And ignoring the ones that contradict it. Or trying to minimize it by saying it only applies to killing and torturing people. When in reality that exception doesn't exist:

Matthew 19
Just then a man came up to Jesus and asked, "Teacher, what good thing must I do to get eternal life?"
"Why do you ask me about what is good?" Jesus replied. "There is only One who is good. If you want to enter life, keep the commandments."
"Which ones?" he inquired. Jesus replied, "'You shall not murder, you shall not commit adultery, you shall not steal, you shall not give false testimony, honor your father and mother,' and 'love your neighbor as yourself.'"

Loving your neighbor isn't more or less than the others. All those count. If you aren't a christian for breaking one according to you it's the same for the others. And the love of life you talk about comes from love of money too for example as jesus says later:

23 Then Jesus said to his disciples, "Truly I tell you, it is hard for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of heaven.
24 Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God."

So rich people aren't christian either right? And everyone that doesn't sell their possessions to follow jesus.
Prestonlector

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 10:46:15 AM

I dont understand Atheists.....
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 10:54:29 AM

I dont understand Atheists.....

We all have blind spots in our minds. One of yours is that you don't understand atheists. One of the atheists' blind spots is that they don't understand God.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 11:11:31 AM

Problem is you are using a few quotes from the bible that say what you want. And ignoring the ones that contradict it. Or trying to minimize it by saying it only applies to killing and torturing people. When in reality that exception doesn't exist:

Matthew 19
Just then a man came up to Jesus and asked, "Teacher, what good thing must I do to get eternal life?"
"Why do you ask me about what is good?" Jesus replied. "There is only One who is good. If you want to enter life, keep the commandments."
"Which ones?" he inquired. Jesus replied, "'You shall not murder, you shall not commit adultery, you shall not steal, you shall not give false testimony, honor your father and mother,' and 'love your neighbor as yourself.'"

Loving your neighbor isn't more or less than the others. All those count. If you aren't a christian for breaking one according to you it's the same for the others. And the love of life you talk about comes from love of money too for example as jesus says later:

23 Then Jesus said to his disciples, "Truly I tell you, it is hard for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of heaven.
24 Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God."

So rich people aren't christian either right? And everyone that doesn't sell their possessions to follow jesus.

You miss the point. The point isn't the idea of "keeping" the commandments once or twice or three times. The point is to keep them without fail all the time.

Lots of people never murder, even once in their life. Lots of people never commit adultery, even once in their life. Then it starts getting difficult.

Most people steal something now and again, even if it is only something little. Most people say something false about somebody else once in a while. Most people dishonor their parents once in a while, even if it is very slight. And nobody loves all his neighbors all the time.

Since everybody fails in some of these things, there is nobody who will be saved for eternal life, right?

Ah, but there is Somebody who kept all these commandments perfectly. It is Jesus. Then Jesus took all the punishment that God would have dealt out to all the people for all the wrong things that they had done. Jesus took it when He died on the cross. Then He arose from death, because He didn't even do anything wrong in His dying to deserve death.

Now, Jesus offers eternal life to all who believe in Him. Why do they have to believe in Him? Because God is entirely truthful. And the only way for you, a sinner, to obey the commandments perfectly is to obey them through Jesus, by believing in Him and His offer of eternal life.

Does this make sense to us? Somewhat, but not entirely. We simply don't think along these lines deeply enough to understand it easily. The thing that we CAN understand and do, is to believe in Jesus for salvation.

When the people asked Jesus what they needed to do to do the works of God, Jesus answered that the work of God was this... to believe on the One that God sent... namely Himself.

Smiley

MakingMoneyHoney

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 04:24:07 PM

Everyone has right to live his life by his own opinion.. opinion varies among people but this is not right you attack on someone's religion's or his believes...
So you have no problems with what ISIS is doing then? Their religious belief is to go round killing people.

If we followed your advice, we would not be allowed to criticise them.

ISIS and Atheists both like to kill people, cutting their throats or go to school and start shooting. Christians never do that. Based on empiric facts.

No Christians NEVER kill other people!!!!!  Except maybe the Crusades, the Spanish Inquisition & Nazi concentration camps....Just off the top of my head....

And ISIS is a perversion of Islam.  It's political.

They weren't Christians, they were wolves in sheep's clothing - people pretending to be Christians. Christians follow Jesus Christ and He told us to treat others as we would want to be treated and to turn the other cheek if harmed.

Matthew 5:39 But I say to you, do not resist an evil person; but whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also. 40 "If anyone wants to sue you and take your shirt, let him have your coat also

Who are you to decide if they were christians or not? They believed they were christians and people in those times believed they were christians. They didn't follow everything that is in the bible exactly? No one does. When was the last time you gave everything you have to a homeless person, if you are a christian? If they aren't christians as you say then 99% of the others who say they are, aren't either. The alternative is christians are just as violent as everyone else. Look at the missionaries in Africa and India today and all their crimes for example.

The bible clearly tells us they're not Christians. I'm not the one deciding.

People from the Crusades, the Spanish Inquisition and Naza concentration camps were not Christians. I'm not talking about luke warm Christians who for some reason still get married multiple times, I'm talking about people who terrorized and killed people.

1 John 4:20 If someone says, "I love God," and hates his brother, he is a liar; for the one who does not love his brother whom he has seen, cannot love God whom he has not seen. 21 And this commandment we have from Him, that the one who loves God should love his brother also.

1 John 2:15 Do not love the world nor the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh and the lust of the eyes and the boastful pride of life, is not from the Father, but is from the world. (this includes the lust for murder and torture)

1 John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God. 8 The one who does not love does not know God, for God is love.

If they aren't loving their neighbors, they do not know God. Period. No ifs, ands, or buts. This is the perpetual lie that people like to spew about how bad Christians can be. But in reality those people are just a bunch of people who did not know God and loved this world, and the lust of the flesh.

You know what the Nazis were doing? Some scientists were doing experiments to figure out how to stay in the cold longer, to not die. That is the love of the flesh, the love of this life on earth. (http://remember.org/educate/medexp)

John 12:25 He who loves his life loses it, and he who hates his life in this world will keep it to life eternal. 26 "If anyone serves Me, he must follow Me; and where I am, there My servant will be also; if anyone serves Me, the Father will honor him.

They loved their life so much they were willing to kill people and torture people to keep their lives on earth. This is the exact opposite of a Christian.

Matthew 19

I don't know how to make you see that you didn't disprove what I said. If people don't love their neighbors and want to torture them, they aren't Christian. The love of the Lord is not in them. What I wrote out clearly explains this, and I'm sorry you can't see it and I'm sorry I don't know how to help you see.
BitNow
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2015, 04:26:15 PM

I don't know how to make you see that you didn't disprove what I said. If people don't love their neighbors and want to torture them, they aren't Christian. The love of the Lord is not in them. What I wrote out clearly explains this, and I'm sorry you can't see it and I'm sorry I don't know how to help you see.

No need to be sorry.

▐█████▄
            ▐█████████        ▄▄▄
            ▐████  ▐█████   ▀▀▀  █▌
            ▐███  ▐███████      ▐█▌
            ▐██▌   ▀█████▀     ▐█▀
       ▂▄▄▐██▌     ▀▀▀      ▐█▌
         ▐███▀     ▄█▐███
        ▐███▀   ▄████▌▀███
        ▐██████████▀    ▐█▌    █
         ▀████▀▀         ▐█▌  ██
                           ▀▀▀▀

▶  TELEGRAM
▶  BITCOINTALK
1aguar

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 05:12:51 PM

Jesus's teachings speak to the individual who wants to find God as a personal experience, to attain what some might call grace, or God-consciousness, or enlightenment. When we take Jesus literally, we are faced with the impossible. How can we truly "love thy neighbor as thyself"? But when we see the exhortations of Jesus as invitations to join him on a higher spiritual plane, his words suddenly make sense.

In the Gospel of Thomas, Jesus says:
"Many times have you desired to hear the words that I say, and there's no one else you could hear them from. There will be days when you will try and seek me but will not find me."

The four gospels reiterate that Jesus has come to save the world and will always be present. It takes the Gnostics to be realistic and point out that he can also be very elusive, much like the soul.

"I will give you what no eye has seen and what no ear has heard, what no hand has touched, and what has never been conceived by the mind of man."

The Gnostic tendency was always toward extreme, often cryptic mysticism. Are they simply carried away by the spirit of contradiction? Perhaps they were actually being realistic. Jesus existed for them in a state of consciousness beyond the five senses and the thinking mind. This passage is a statement about God-consciousness, not an attempt to mystify for its own sake.

Higher consciousness saves a person from the illusion of death, and this gift comes to us from a loving God.

When we sift out the elements of Church doctrine, Jesus is saying, "If you have been seeking, seek no further. This is how spirit looks when it has been realized." In other words, he brings God-consciousness down-to-earth by being its living exemplar.

Jesus acts not alone, but as a vehicle of God's will. He isn't a  person in the way that we think of ourselves as persons. He had no individuality. His will and his purpose belong to God. In the Lord's Prayer, he says, "Thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven," to underline his own experience. In God-consciousness, the small ego merges into the cosmic ego.

Jesus spoke of humility many times and in different ways. He offers himself as an example. The implication is that spirit exists to serve, and since we are all spirit, life should be dedicated to service. The ego sees this teaching as a threat, since it wants to become self-important. The truth is that nothing exists except spirit interacting with itself. Therefore, when you serve others, you are servant and master to yourself.

Jesus said to his disciples, "Find a comparison with someone and tell me what I am like".
Simon Peter replied, "You are like an angel in righteousness."
Matthew replied, "You are like a philosopher in wisdom."
Thomas replied, "Master, I can't find the words to say whom you are like."
Then Jesus said, "I am not our master. You've been made drunk by drinking from the bubbling spring that flows from me."

Just as the writer of John goes to great lengths to underline Jesus's authority, the Gnostics went in the opposite direction. This passage reflects their doctrine of skepticism toward any authority. It's a bit ironic that Jesus is using his own authority to deny it. But that was the Gnostic riddle, how to follow a teacher who didn't want his disciples to follow anyone.

Quotes from Chopra's The Third Jesus
Gimpeline

Activity: 555
Merit: 507

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 07:00:31 PM

Luke 14:26 If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

Sounds like a loving Jesus
Pages: « 1 ... 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 [139] 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 ... 446 »
  Print  

Jump to: