Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 09:54:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 [176] 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 ... 446 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion?  (Read 901257 times)
1aguar

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 24, 2015, 09:39:35 PM

I a attempting to believe in nothing but trying to think how stuff works around me and why/how people believe the non-existent's.

A materialistic explanation for Near Death Experience is non-existent. These experiences are known to be medically unexplainable. If you are trying to think about how stuff works, why don't you think about my reply to you, including the 52 points of evidence and evidence from quantum biology; why do you choose instead to ignore it?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1054513.msg13328132#msg13328132

I dont accept your gods and see no reason to capitalise your god

Why accept humanism? Humanism teaches that there is no life after death, but the truth is that we can shape what happens to us in the afterlife by our beliefs and decisions in this life.

I'm not at my pc so I can't really write out everything I would like to right now but basically all those facts can also be easily explained by science.  

What about the facts of NDE? How can science explain them? I have not heard a rational argument about this from you and the other atheists in this thread, including OP.

I did cover nde's briefly some posts back and it was basicly due to brain chemistry/endorphins release causing hallucinations. It could be semi lucid dreaming. I read a study a while back that showed that those who floated above their beds actually got detail wrong about colour of sheets etc and who was in the room so more than likely nothing supernatural. not to mention lack of oxygen is going to seriously alter what your brain thinks is happening.
Your argument is invalid because NDE cannot be explained by brain chemistry alone:

You need a functioning brain with blood flow and electrical firing to have hallucinations and/or perceptions. None of that is present during brain death. So how are the perceptions explained?
In the AWARE study, the patient had true perceptions during brain death that were later confirmed by witnesses.

One researcher calls these "actual death experiences" because it is impossible to hallucinate, have perceptions, memory formation, etc. under such circumstances.

And like i said before im open minded, i just cant believe the ridiculous unless im given hard proof. I mean real proof not the kind that BADecker spouts that shows no proof whatsoever.
Open minded? Read my latest posts, read the 52 points of evidence and try to understand Orch OR. Since your argument is invalid, you need to devote yourself to more study in order to correct your understanding.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
helloeverybody
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2015, 09:55:55 PM

Another one of you jokers. One who has all the knowledge in the world. But still can't distinguish the difference between "your" and "you're."

So now i have to put up with a grammar nazi as well, Do you wish me to proof read first for you? i was under the impression this was a forum not an english assessment. besides my line of work means i dont write much so excuse my sloppiness and text message lingo.Obviously i am dealing with a man of great wisdom before me?

Pointing out grammar mistakes is the sure sign of a well versed troll.

1. Cause and effect;
2. Universal complexity;
3. Universal entropy.

You already explained how these things prove god and quite simply they do not. they offer no proof whatsoever.

helloeverybody
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2015, 10:00:04 PM

Another one of you jokers. One who has all the knowledge in the world. But still can't distinguish the difference between "your" and "you're."

So now i have to put up with a grammar nazi as well, Do you wish me to proof read first for you? i was under the impression this was a forum not an english assessment. besides my line of work means i dont write much so excuse my sloppiness and text message lingo.Obviously i am dealing with a man of great wisdom before me?

1. Cause and effect;
2. Universal complexity;
3. Universal entropy.

You already explained how these things prove god and quite simply they do not. they offer no proof whatsoever.

I a attempting to believe in nothing but trying to think how stuff works around me and why/how people believe the non-existent's.

A materialistic explanation for Near Death Experience is non-existent. These experiences are known to be medically unexplainable. If you are trying to think about how stuff works, why don't you think about my reply to you, including the 52 points of evidence and evidence from quantum biology; why do you choose instead to ignore it?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1054513.msg13328132#msg13328132

I dont accept your gods and see no reason to capitalise your god

Why accept humanism? Humanism teaches that there is no life after death, but the truth is that we can shape what happens to us in the afterlife by our beliefs and decisions in this life.

I'm not at my pc so I can't really write out everything I would like to right now but basically all those facts can also be easily explained by science. 

What about the facts of NDE? How can science explain them? I have not heard a rational argument about this from you and the other atheists in this thread, including OP.

I did cover nde's briefly some posts back and it was basicly due to brain chemistry/endorphins release causing hallucinations. It could be semi lucid dreaming. I read a study a while back that showed that those who floated above their beds actually got detail wrong about colour of sheets etc and who was in the room so more than likely nothing supernatural. not to mention lack of oxygen is going to seriously alter what your brain thinks is happening.
Your argument is invalid because NDE cannot be explained by brain chemistry alone:

You need a functioning brain with blood flow and electrical firing to have hallucinations and/or perceptions. None of that is present during brain death. So how are the perceptions explained?
In the AWARE study, the patient had true perceptions during brain death that were later confirmed by witnesses.

One researcher calls these "actual death experiences" because it is impossible to hallucinate, have perceptions, memory formation, etc. under such circumstances.

And like i said before im open minded, i just cant believe the ridiculous unless im given hard proof. I mean real proof not the kind that BADecker spouts that shows no proof whatsoever.
Open minded? Read my latest posts, read the 52 points of evidence and try to understand Orch OR. Since your argument is invalid, you need to devote yourself to more study in order to correct your understanding.

The most likely explanation for having a nde while brain dead is that the nde happened as the patient awakened and normal brain activity was returning.

BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1368

View Profile
December 24, 2015, 10:01:09 PM

1. Cause and effect;
2. Universal complexity;
3. Universal entropy.

Cause and effect almost offers proof all by itself. In combination with the other two, the proof becomes complete.

But of course, how could I expect someone that doesn't care about grammar to have enough intelligence to understand or be able to combine the thinking on the listed three points?

Sorry for my lack of intelligence in this one, small area.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
helloeverybody
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2015, 10:11:17 PM

1. Cause and effect;
2. Universal complexity;
3. Universal entropy.

Cause and effect almost offers proof all by itself. In combination with the other two, the proof becomes complete.

But of course, how could I expect someone that doesn't care about grammar to have enough intelligence to understand or be able to combine the thinking on the listed three points?

Smiley

How cute, you've got to stoop to further insults. I applaud you. Wink

1aguar

View Profile
December 24, 2015, 10:13:57 PM

The most likely explanation for having a nde while brain dead is that the nde happened as the patient awakened and normal brain activity was returning.

Actually, that explanation is far from likely; it is actually impossible because of the simple fact that the patient cannot "wake up" or hallucinate until after blood flow is restored AND EEG activity returns. Therefore, if a patient who has a flat EEG AND no blood flow has a memory of a perception that happened before the restoration of blood flow, that perception is medically unexplainable.
Specifically, your explanation contradicts the evidence in the AWARE study where the patient was brain dead, had a flat EEG, perceived a sound, and was subsequently shocked; while being shocked, he still had a flat EEG and remembered feeling no pain, which is another indication that he was brain dead. Oxygen from CPR is not sufficient to wake up the patient, and this is a medical fact; you need to have blood flow to be conscious after brain death. His memory of veridical perception during brain death is medically impossible, and there are more documented cases of this type listed in the 52 points of evidence that I linked to.

I offered my proof; you can forget about BADecker; I have him on ignore. Take some time to educate yourself and do some thinking;
you have to think about the evidence because it contradicts the traditional humanist assumptions.

My proof is posted here, but it requires that you understand the implications of the evidence of NDE during brain death.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1054513.msg13320231#msg13320231
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
December 24, 2015, 10:17:43 PM

1. Cause and effect;
2. Universal complexity;
3. Universal entropy.

Smiley

How cute, you've got to stoop to further insults. I applaud you. Wink

Well, since you seem to like it, all the more fitting.   Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
helloeverybody
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2015, 10:33:39 PM

Actually, that explanation is far from likely; it is actually impossible because of the simple fact that the patient cannot "wake up" or hallucinate until after blood flow is restored AND EEG activity returns. Therefore, if a patient who has a flat EEG AND no blood flow has a memory of a perception that happened before the restoration of blood flow, that perception is medically unexplainable.
Specifically, your explanation contradicts the evidence in the AWARE study where the patient was brain dead, had a flat EEG, perceived a sound, and was subsequently shocked; while being shocked, he still had a flat EEG and remembered feeling no pain, which is another indication that he was brain dead. Oxygen from CPR is not sufficient to wake up the patient, and this is a medical fact; you need to have blood flow to be conscious after brain death. His memory of veridical perception during brain death is medically impossible, and there are more documented cases of this type listed in the 52 points of evidence that I linked to.

I offered my proof; you can forget about BADecker; I have him on ignore. Take some time to educate yourself and do some thinking;
you have to think about the evidence because it contradicts the traditional humanist assumptions.

My proof is posted here, but it requires that you understand the implications of the evidence of NDE during brain death.

Since you have offered real evidence that can be scrutinised I will take some time to read over what you've said but obviously I will need to have a search about and look at evidence for both sides of the story.  I will report back with my findings tomorrow probably.  You never know, maybe I won't be able to find anything to disprove it.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
December 25, 2015, 01:11:54 PM

Since you have offered real evidence that can be scrutinised I will take some time to read over what you've said but obviously I will need to have a search about and look at evidence for both sides of the story.  I will report back with my findings tomorrow probably.  You never know, maybe I won't be able to find anything to disprove it.

It is only with great difficulty that anyone remembers anything from his early infancy. The reason isn't because these memories are not vivid. The reason is that later childhood or adult understanding is so extremely different from that of early infancy, that people simply don't recognize early memories when they entertain them.

The point? If there are any memories from a time when somebody was is brain dead, people would recognize them even less that they recognize memories from early infancy.

Smiley

Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3055

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2015, 08:39:29 PM

All the religions on earth cannot be right.

How do we pick?  The most followers?

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
1aguar

View Profile
December 25, 2015, 10:23:10 PM

All the religions on earth cannot be right.

How do we pick?  The most followers?
If you seek what is true and right, then why would you just pick one ideology? Why not pick out the truth that is presented from ALL sources? Then you can have a collection of truths that make sense to you.
To be rational means that you have the ability to intelligently evaluate new ideas when presented. You have to intelligently seek out the truth and discern what is true with patience and openness. Nearly every human culture and religion declare the importance of the golden rule, so in that sense they are all right, they are ALL giving you the truth, this means that we are all ONE.
Do you not pray for insight and information? The CALL COMPELS THE ANSWER! If you pray to God for help--and you mean it, good friend--you will GET IT!
There IS TRUTH to some extent in all things--IN FACT, ALL THINGS ARE ALL TRUTH--JUST NOT THE TRUTH OF GOODNESS AND LIFE.
Do you take unto YOURSELF everything AVAILABLE by and through a given source--UNTIL YOU KNOW FOR SELF THAT IT BE TRUTH? Or, do you LISTEN TO ANOTHER'S OPINION about this or that and let THEM control your own beliefs?

Readers, THERE IS ONLY ONE--anything. And yet, look around you--except for the PROJECTIONS OF MAN--everything, everywhere, any time, any place--is TRUTH! And, further, even man is not a LIE, he only presents the lie. Even in his projection, further, lays also truth if nothing more than the truthful validity of a given spoken "term". For this reason--must you discern, accept, study and come to recognize THE TRUTH WHICH FITS YOUR PATH OF INTENT! "All truths are individual and all truths are equal in their priority." This does not mean, however, that all truths are equal in their IMPORTANCE! Further, Crow will tell you: "We are all sacred and in that sacredness we have an obligation and responsibility to all things to which we are connected." This does NOT mean you have some "right" to butt into an-other's business and cram your "truth" down his throat!
RoomBot
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1123

View Profile
December 25, 2015, 11:49:42 PM

Merry Christmas to all believers.

From an Atheist.

So there.
MakingMoneyHoney

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 26, 2015, 12:23:17 AM

From an Atheist.

So there.

From a Christian perspective, we shouldn't be celebrating the holiday since it's pagan. The bible forbids it. Not too many know this though... I boycotted it this year.
RoomBot
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1123

View Profile
December 26, 2015, 12:24:26 AM

From an Atheist.

So there.

From a Christian perspective, we shouldn't be celebrating the holiday since it's pagan. The bible forbids it. Not too many know this though... I boycotted it this year.

The tree is totally pagan.

I like open-minded Christians.   Smiley
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
December 26, 2015, 03:21:31 AM

From an Atheist.

So there.

The little children don't know it has some of its roots in paganism. All they see is the birth of baby Jesus, their Savior. Thus, it is not pagan. From Matthew 12:25,26:
At that time Jesus said, “I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children. Yes, Father, for this was your good pleasure."

And Matthew 18:3, Jesus speaking:
And he said: “I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven."

So, if praising God for the birth of Jesus is pagan to you, and if the being joyful that Jesus came to save us is pagan to you, and if being joyful just for the joy of being joyful is pagan to you, don't do it. It is better that you are saved by believing the salvation of Jesus, rather than being offended because pagans have caused you to believe that the birth of Jesus is pagan.

Smiley

MakingMoneyHoney

View Profile
December 26, 2015, 03:28:25 AM

From an Atheist.

So there.

The little children don't know it has some of its roots in paganism. All they see is the birth of baby Jesus, their Savior. Thus, it is not pagan. From Matthew 12:25,26:
At that time Jesus said, “I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children. Yes, Father, for this was your good pleasure."

And he said: “I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven."

So, if praising God for the birth of Jesus is pagan to you, and if the being joyful that Jesus came to save us is pagan to you, and if being joyful just for the joy of being joyful is pagan to you, don't do it. It is better that you are saved by believing the salvation of Jesus, rather than being offended because pagans have caused you to believe that the birth of Jesus is pagan.

Smiley

Our Father is offended by the pagan ways and tells us not to put up a tree (Jeremiah 10). It doesn't tells us not to worship a tree, it says don't do as the heathens do. We are told not to worship our Father the way the pagans do in Deuteronomy 12:4

12:1 These are the statutes and judgments, which ye shall observe to do in the land, which the Lord God of thy fathers giveth thee to possess it, all the days that ye live upon the earth. 2 Ye shall utterly destroy all the places, wherein the nations which ye shall possess served their gods, upon the high mountains, and upon the hills, and under every green tree 3 And ye shall overthrow their altars, and break their pillars, and burn their groves with fire; and ye shall hew down the graven images of their gods, and destroy the names of them out of that place. 4  Ye shall not do so unto the Lord your God

2 Corinthians 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? 15And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?

16And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

17Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,

18And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

The bible is clear that pagan rituals make you unclean, we are not to have anything to do with unclear practices. And if you say that's OT, do not bother. Our Father, our God does not change.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
December 26, 2015, 03:31:42 AM

From an Atheist.

So there.

Smiley

Our Father is offended by the pagan ways and tells us not to put up a tree (Jeremiah 10). It doesn't tells us not to worship a tree, it says don't do as the heathens do. We are told not to worship our Father the way the pagans do in Deuteronomy 12:4

12:1 These are the statutes and judgments, which ye shall observe to do in the land, which the Lord God of thy fathers giveth thee to possess it, all the days that ye live upon the earth. 2 Ye shall utterly destroy all the places, wherein the nations which ye shall possess served their gods, upon the high mountains, and upon the hills, and under every green tree 3 And ye shall overthrow their altars, and break their pillars, and burn their groves with fire; and ye shall hew down the graven images of their gods, and destroy the names of them out of that place. 4  Ye shall not do so unto the Lord your God

2 Corinthians 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? 15And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?

16And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

17Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,

18And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

The bible is clear that pagan rituals make you unclean, we are not to have anything to do with unclear practices. And if you say that's OT, do not bother. Our Father, our God does not change.

Like I said, if the birth of Jesus is pagan to you, don't celebrate it. But do keep believing Jesus salvation. I would like to see you in Heaven.

Smiley

MakingMoneyHoney

View Profile
December 26, 2015, 03:38:43 AM

From an Atheist.

So there.

Smiley

Like I said, if the birth of Jesus is pagan to you, don't celebrate it. But do keep believing Jesus salvation. I would like to see you in Heaven.

Smiley

There's no doubt that Jesus saved us, and we're saved by grace. But our Father still detests Christmas.
yvv
Legendary

Activity: 1344

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2015, 03:42:54 AM

Atheists don't hate nobody, you fucking morons. Atheists just don't believe the bullshit with which fucking religious retards try to fuck people's brains. Sorry or this, assholes. Marry Christmas.

MakingMoneyHoney

View Profile
December 26, 2015, 03:44:18 AM

Atheists don't hate nobody, you fucking morons. Atheists just don't believe the bullshit with which fucking religious retards try to fuck people's brains. Sorry or this, assholes. Marry Christmas.

An atheist started this thread, and said they hated religion. Argue with them...
Pages: « 1 ... 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 [176] 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 ... 446 »
  Print  

Jump to: