Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 05:56:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 [184] 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 ... 446 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion?  (Read 901257 times)
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1368

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 08:19:06 AM

That's stretching the meaning of faith beyond reason. Pun intended. What you are talking about isn't religious faith. Which I believe was what he was talking about. Yes people don't know the future. So they have to make assumptions about how things will work. And they act based on that. But that isn't religious faith. If things don't work how people expect, people change their assumptions. Change what they have faith will happen. If you want to use that word. But you can't do that in religious faith. You have to believe in something against all evidence to the contrary. Or lack of evidence.

We could get really detailed here. I don't want to go that far.

By the definitions of "religion," all people have religion. And their religion involves a great deal of faith, no matter who they are.

When a person talks "formal religion," one that has a name and some holy or sacred writings, remember that he interprets the doctrine and aspects of his formal religion differently than everyone else who has the same formal religion... differently at least a little.

The religion of a little child often can be twisted this way and that in the little child, by those who want to train him in formal religion. But his religion that is based in reality is strongest of all religions. This is because he still holds the memory of how he was created and built in Mommy's tummy, even though he can't express the concepts involved, and even though he can't easily be made to understand that he might be being asked to express them. The rest of us have chosen to bypass such complicated memory concepts, and in so doing we have made our religion less than reality... usually far less.

The idea that atheism is not a religion, or that atheists and others live without religion, is entirely false... by the definitions of what religion is. All suggestions of belief or faith, and all faith systems, are simply attempts at describing reality. The further we get away from the reality of the little child, the further we get into religion.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 09:29:04 AM

That's stretching the meaning of faith beyond reason. Pun intended. What you are talking about isn't religious faith. Which I believe was what he was talking about. Yes people don't know the future. So they have to make assumptions about how things will work. And they act based on that. But that isn't religious faith. If things don't work how people expect, people change their assumptions. Change what they have faith will happen. If you want to use that word. But you can't do that in religious faith. You have to believe in something against all evidence to the contrary. Or lack of evidence.

By the definitions of "religion," all people have religion. And their religion involves a great deal of faith, no matter who they are.

When a person talks "formal religion," one that has a name and some holy or sacred writings, remember that he interprets the doctrine and aspects of his formal religion differently than everyone else who has the same formal religion... differently at least a little.

The religion of a little child often can be twisted this way and that in the little child, by those who want to train him in formal religion. But his religion that is based in reality is strongest of all religions. This is because he still holds the memory of how he was created and built in Mommy's tummy, even though he can't express the concepts involved, and even though he can't easily be made to understand that he might be being asked to express them. The rest of us have chosen to bypass such complicated memory concepts, and in so doing we have made our religion less than reality... usually far less.

The idea that atheism is not a religion, or that atheists and others live without religion, is entirely false... by the definitions of what religion is. All suggestions of belief or faith, and all faith systems, are simply attempts at describing reality. The further we get away from the reality of the little child, the further we get into religion.

Smiley
cant really say atheism is a religion, even by the technical definition:
(credits to dictionary.com)
atheism does not in any way contain a fundamental explanation for the universe and its origins, it does not contain a set of beliefs, etc. atheism is just the lack of religion, or as biomech (i think, a bit fuzzy) put it earlier, irreligious.
prefix a -> not
theism -> belief in the existence of supernatural beings, or gods, that created the universe or something.
atheism -> lack of the belief in the above.
atheism is literally not religion.

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
PrikiNo.1

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 01:10:13 PM

Because Atheists believes in fact, and religion have a lot of weird things that cant be scientificaly proved.
Im religious and i personally think that religion is illogical to me, but i still believes in it because there is still no prove that god exists or not, and most of religion ways is really about good things to do.

There is no Science in atheism.
Science comes from Wisdom, and Wisdom come form the Fear of the Lord.

"Wisdom’s instruction is to fear the Lord,
    and humility comes before honor.
"
- Pro 15:33

Atheists are "just men".

Best regards.

Dude, if we want science to grow faster then now we should start to researching those evidences and facts who were written in the ancient sacred texts. Do you remember the quotes from the all three geniuses who lived in the new era?

“I have offended God and mankind because my work didn't reach the quality it should have.”

Leonardo da Vinci

Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind.

Albert Einstein

''The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power. My Mother had taught me to seek all truth in the Bible; therefore I devoted the next few months to the study of this work.''

Nikola Tesla

As you can see, all the science is set on these tree master minds, and if we continue with their tempo I am sure that in future we will be far beyond the Galaxies!
DUMB SHIT

You still didn't answer on my questions... Wink

So, every time when you go to bed, you never think about the fears you have in your life? How about your emotions? Do you think that they are clear? What about your self-confidence? Did you ever think that you are powerful enough to change every situation that you have in your life? Tell me, did you ever feel a honest love from your parents, cousins, neighbors, friends and especially your girlfriend? Do you think that you are able enough to love yourself, so you can share that emotions with you closest one? What about your voice? Are you able to tell the truth and lie and in the same time to be aware of that? What about your intuition? Can you feel that sometimes the people who are around you are not the those people who really care about you?
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 01:43:08 PM

Smiley
atheism does not in any way contain a fundamental explanation for the universe and its origins, it does not contain a set of beliefs, etc. atheism is just the lack of religion, or as biomech (i think, a bit fuzzy) put it earlier, irreligious.
prefix a -> not
theism -> belief in the existence of supernatural beings, or gods, that created the universe or something.

However, number 6 in the definition fits atheism, especially when the atheist is adamant in thinking about and expressing the points to his atheism, and the fact that he is an atheist.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 01:49:07 PM

Because Atheists believes in fact, and religion have a lot of weird things that cant be scientificaly proved.
Im religious and i personally think that religion is illogical to me, but i still believes in it because there is still no prove that god exists or not, and most of religion ways is really about good things to do.

"

Atheists are "just men".

Best regards.

Dude, if we want science to grow faster then now we should start to researching those evidences and facts who were written in the ancient sacred texts. Do you remember the quotes from the all three geniuses who lived in the new era?

“I have offended God and mankind because my work didn't reach the quality it should have.”

Leonardo da Vinci

Albert Einstein

''The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power. My Mother had taught me to seek all truth in the Bible; therefore I devoted the next few months to the study of this work.''

Nikola Tesla

As you can see, all the science is set on these tree master minds, and if we continue with their tempo I am sure that in future we will be far beyond the Galaxies!
DUMB SHIT

So, every time when you go to bed, you never think about the fears you have in your life? How about your emotions? Do you think that they are clear? What about your self-confidence? Did you ever think that you are powerful enough to change every situation that you have in your life? Tell me, did you ever feel a honest love from your parents, cousins, neighbors, friends and especially your girlfriend? Do you think that you are able enough to love yourself, so you can share that emotions with you closest one? What about your voice? Are you able to tell the truth and lie and in the same time to be aware of that? What about your intuition? Can you feel that sometimes the people who are around you are not the those people who really care about you?

In popcorn1's profile, it shows that his last post was made on the 3rd. While 2 days isn't a long time between posts for anybody, there's a good chance that since he has been shown to be Decksperiment, he won't answer anymore.

Of course, if he reads this post, he might respond out of spite. But, he might simply be on vacation... or on a drunken binge. We'll see.

Smiley

subSTRATA
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 08:44:30 PM

Smiley
prefix a -> not

However, number 6 in the definition fits atheism, especially when the atheist is adamant in thinking about and expressing the points to his atheism, and the fact that he is an atheist.

Smiley
i think that definition of religion is more attuned to describing a person or idea as religious, example: he plays the trumpet religiously; not describing the following of an idea (christianity, judaism, islam, etc). if definition #6 is to be taken literally as you have, anything and everything would be a religion, from coloring books to harry potter. i just took a randomly sized screenshot to list the definitions, not to take all of these as literal definitions of what a religion in the context of this thread is. for the purposes of this thread, im more or less referring to a religion as definition 1, and 2 and 3 to an extent.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 03:15:18 AM

Smiley
prefix a -> not

Smiley
i think that definition of religion is more attuned to describing a person or idea as religious, example: he plays the trumpet religiously; not describing the following of an idea (christianity, judaism, islam, etc). if definition #6 is to be taken literally as you have, anything and everything would be a religion, from coloring books to harry potter. i just took a randomly sized screenshot to list the definitions, not to take all of these as literal definitions of what a religion in the context of this thread is. for the purposes of this thread, im more or less referring to a religion as definition 1, and 2 and 3 to an extent.

You are finally getting the picture that I said above - did you read it? Everyone has religion. Religion is the way of life for people. Why? Because nobody knows what the future is. That is why people have religion. religion is their attempt to identify the least harmful path and the most joyful path in this life of not knowing anything about the future with certainty.

Smiley

subSTRATA
Legendary

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 04:58:04 AM
Last edit: January 06, 2016, 10:24:31 AM by subSTRATA

Smiley
prefix a -> not

Smiley

You are finally getting the picture that I said above - did you read it? Everyone has religion. Religion is the way of life for people. Why? Because nobody knows what the future is. That is why people have religion. religion is their attempt to identify the least harmful path and the most joyful path in this life of not knowing anything about the future with certainty.

Smiley
i mostly skim stuff unless its really interesting to me, which doesnt include most stuff. and although i can agree a religious life can be a way of life for some, its not a way of life for everyone. i, for example, dont follow any faith or whatnot, i just live my life as is presented, no dogmas to blindly believe in or stand up for, no stories i live by. also, no, not everyone has a religion they live by, in accordance with the previous statement (irreligious, as pointed out before). also, the italicized part really drives the point that religion is an outlet, but the same can be said of many things, including drugs (alcohol especially), work, etc. the underlined part, is just untrue. bad examples, but there are things we can know for certain or with near certainty, such as the sun rising tomorrow, this glass cup will break if i drop it, etc.
'least harmful,' i think, isnt completely true as well; there's plenty of harm that can come from religion (ISIS is a great example, although an extreme case), its just that the extreme displays of faith these people can manage can blind themselves into believing whatever theyre doing is for the greater good or something. this post wasnt worded very well, oh well.

YoonYeonghwa

Activity: 242
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 10:13:20 AM

Do atheists have faith?
For example,  sometimes people suggest that faith is believing in spite of proof, or at least the stronger balance of evidence, to the contrary.

I HAVE FAITH IN MY BET WINNING..So atheist can have faith..nothing to do with god tho.
learn a bit because badecker will switch your words Wink
Atheists have faith. What the fuck are you talking about?

PrikiNo.1

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 01:33:07 PM

"

Atheists are "just men".

Best regards.

Leonardo da Vinci

Albert Einstein

Nikola Tesla

DUMB SHIT

In popcorn1's profile, it shows that his last post was made on the 3rd. While 2 days isn't a long time between posts for anybody, there's a good chance that since he has been shown to be Decksperiment, he won't answer anymore.

Of course, if he reads this post, he might respond out of spite. But, he might simply be on vacation... or on a drunken binge. We'll see.

Smiley

I am really curious about his answers because this is the second time how he avoid my post. I think he is a little frightened about the answers because it is very hard when you have to face with your own Ego... Cheesy
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 03:28:21 PM

"

Atheists are "just men".

Best regards.

Leonardo da Vinci

Albert Einstein

Nikola Tesla

DUMB SHIT

Smiley

I am really curious about his answers because this is the second time how he avoid my post. I think he is a little frightened about the answers because it is very hard when you have to face with your own Ego... Cheesy

He's into freemasonry, or something like it. But he has carried it so far into himself that it is almost like satanism, though he doesn't realize it. That's why his posts are so full of hate language. It's tearing him to pieces on the inside.

Smiley

Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2016, 06:46:15 PM

Satan is Sexy

Easily top 3 hottest chicks i've ever fucked

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
PrikiNo.1

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 01:20:17 PM

"

Atheists are "just men".

Best regards.

Leonardo da Vinci

Albert Einstein

Nikola Tesla

DUMB SHIT

Smiley

He's into freemasonry, or something like it. But he has carried it so far into himself that it is almost like satanism, though he doesn't realize it. That's why his posts are so full of hate language. It's tearing him to pieces on the inside.

Smiley

Decker, do you know how I call this type of persons? - Lost Souls.

He is still not prepared for what is written in the those ancient sacred texts. There are three different levels... First, you have to start to read, then try to understand and at the end is the experience. The experience is the most important thing. If you never try to feel the same thing that you have read and understand it, then it is better to leave it...

I really don't have problem with people who are sceptic or atheist because I am sure that one day they will figure out be them self. The problem are those who blindly believe in the religious system...

P.S. I send you a message on bitcoin, did you read it? Smiley
ausbit
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1019

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 08:01:06 PM

"

Atheists are "just men".

Best regards.

Leonardo da Vinci

Albert Einstein

Nikola Tesla

DUMB SHIT

Smiley

Smiley

He is still not prepared for what is written in the those ancient sacred texts. There are three different levels... First, you have to start to read, then try to understand and at the end is the experience. The experience is the most important thing. If you never try to feel the same thing that you have read and understand it, then it is better to leave it...

I really don't have problem with people who are sceptic or atheist because I am sure that one day they will figure out be them self. The problem are those who blindly believe in the religious system...

I believe that there are billions of people living in this world and they have their own thinking, different ways of understanding level, their brains are also not same, what we think, it doesn't means he will also think same.so atheist use their own brian about what is good and not real. So they somewhat hates religions.
Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2016, 12:19:01 AM

Update:

Kids report religion still gay and stupid

more as the story unfolds

back to you jim

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
PrikiNo.1

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 01:16:38 PM

"

Atheists are "just men".

Best regards.

Leonardo da Vinci

Albert Einstein

Nikola Tesla

DUMB SHIT

Smiley

Smiley

I believe that there are billions of people living in this world and they have their own thinking, different ways of understanding level, their brains are also not same, what we think, it doesn't means he will also think same.so atheist use their own brian about what is good and not real. So they somewhat hates religions.

That is the main problem dude!

Just because everyone in this world do what they want, we will always live in chaos. The same story was even in the distant past. At the beginning, people were living just like it was written in the Law, and the Law was teaching the people how to live in peace and harmony. What happen next? People start to divide in groups (rich and poor) and that's how all the wars begins. If I have control above you, will that makes me a special person? - NO!

No about the atheist... Do you really think that the atheist use their own brain about what is good and what is bad? What is real or what is unreal? What is truth or what is lie?.. Are you sure about this? When you talk about the atheist it is the same as when you talk about the religious people. Atheist think that science has the proves about everything and religious people think that science is bullshit. So tell me, are these 2 groups of people are normal according to you?

I personally believe (and I am working on that) that throughout the science we can decode what is written in the ancient sacred text. The Supreme Deity who create the world and the civilization left so many books where we can teach about our self, but the problem is the Ego. My ego is telling me that I no need to read anything and that I can live by my own standards. Is that right?
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 03:09:44 PM

That is the main problem dude!

Just because everyone in this world do what they want, we will always live in chaos. The same story was even in the distant past. At the beginning, people were living just like it was written in the Law, and the Law was teaching the people how to live in peace and harmony. What happen next? People start to divide in groups (rich and poor) and that's how all the wars begins. If I have control above you, will that makes me a special person? - NO!

No about the atheist... Do you really think that the atheist use their own brain about what is good and what is bad? What is real or what is unreal? What is truth or what is lie?.. Are you sure about this? When you talk about the atheist it is the same as when you talk about the religious people. Atheist think that science has the proves about everything and religious people think that science is bullshit. So tell me, are these 2 groups of people are normal according to you?

I personally believe (and I am working on that) that throughout the science we can decode what is written in the ancient sacred text. The Supreme Deity who create the world and the civilization left so many books where we can teach about our self, but the problem is the Ego. My ego is telling me that I no need to read anything and that I can live by my own standards. Is that right?

Religious people do NOT think that science is bullshit. Such a statement is partially false and partially correct. It is a lie, and deceives people, because it is partially false. It is the worst kind of lie.

There are two parts to science the way it is expressed among scientists. These are:
1. Science fact that matches the laws of nature and the universe, and even what God says;
2. Science theory, which is a tool that scientists use to attempt to figure out what the details of science fact are.

Science fact is real. Religious people use it and believe it. Why? Because God set science fact in place.

Science theory is unknown to be fact. It is man made. Until it is shown to be fact, it is fiction. Religious people don't hate it except if they know it is false because their religion tells them it is false. Mostly, they just ignore it, because religious people are practical, and don't want to follow something that is not a sure thing.

Many religious people are scientists. Many scientists are religious people. Who are you trying to give a bad name to, scientists or religious people?

On top of that, since atheism is a religion, scientists who are atheists are religious people who follow science.

Smiley

astrocity1981

Activity: 343
Merit: 254

From The New World

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 03:58:47 AM

I don't like extremists in any religion Hinduism, Islam, Buddhism, etc... They have used religion as a tool in paving their own agenda. I have met many people in my life and people are good & bad not what sect of religion. Atheists tend to be more arrogant in talking about religion. The high and mighty attitudes is what I dislike the most. You don't believe in a guy in the clouds ok good move on. I do not go up to gay people and say you bang guys but why, it's a choice people make let em be. I also don't like people saying Atheists are devil worshipers or are evil because they do not have a belief in god. Hey again choice made respect them for the stand they are taking. Do not make ridiculous accusations about there character . Atheists  do not accuse all people that worship a religion  are all war mongers & idiots. Btw I have more respect for Atheists than Agnostics at least atheist choose a side agnostics are unsure but believe in god please pick a position. 
strayanbit

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 08:09:48 AM

I don't like extremists in any religion Hinduism, Islam, Buddhism, etc... They have used religion as a tool in paving their own agenda. I have met many people in my life and people are good & bad not what sect of religion. Atheists tend to be more arrogant in talking about religion. The high and mighty attitudes is what I dislike the most. You don't believe in a guy in the clouds ok good move on. I do not go up to gay people and say you bang guys but why, it's a choice people make let em be. I also don't like people saying Atheists are devil worshipers or are evil because they do not have a belief in god. Hey again choice made respect them for the stand they are taking. Do not make ridiculous accusations about there character . Atheists  do not accuse all people that worship a religion  are all war mongers & idiots. Btw I have more respect for Atheists than Agnostics at least atheist choose a side agnostics are unsure but believe in god please pick a position. 

Firstly, being gay isnt a choice, you are born with it and atheism is non-belief in religion..  Your comparison wasn't very helpful.
In respect to atheists v agnostics i think you have it wrong also.. Whats wrong with saying "I don't know if there is a god or not."  vs "there is no god"?

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼  No.1 Bitcoin Binary Options and Double Dice  ▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼
████████████████████████████████  sec◔nds trade  ████████████████████████████████
↑↓ Instant Bets ↑↓ Flexible 1~1440 minutes Expiry time ↑↓ Highest Reward 190% ↑↓ 16 Assets [btc, forex, gold, 1% edge double dice] ↑↓
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 03:35:06 PM

Firstly, being gay isnt a choice, you are born with it and atheism is non-belief in religion..  Your comparison wasn't very helpful.
In respect to atheists v agnostics i think you have it wrong also.. Whats wrong with saying "I don't know if there is a god or not."  vs "there is no god"?

Having tendencies that some call gay might be a thing that some people are born with. Acting the part is choice.

Smiley

Pages: « 1 ... 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 [184] 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 ... 446 »
  Print  

Jump to: