Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 04:02:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 [182] 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 ... 446 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion?  (Read 901256 times)
BitNow
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2015, 09:36:12 PM

as an atheist I just hate when people try to push their religion on you, that shit is disgusting I have my beliefs you have yours leave it there

As an atheist WHAT DO YOU BELIEVE?

As you are an atheist you don't believe in God, so YOU MUST BELIEVE IN A THING (if you believe in something).

If you believe in a thing that is call IDOLATRY.

Idolatry is a SIN: there are no religious people pushing Religion on you, there are religious people telling that you are SINNING.

Sinning is like breaking the law: like there is people calling you for breaking the civil law, there is people telling you for breaking religious laws.

There are no religious people pushing Religion on you, there are religious people telling that you are SINNING.

Hope this is clear enough, because this thing started to became annoying.

Best regards.

▐█████▄
            ▐█████████        ▄▄▄
            ▐████  ▐█████   ▀▀▀  █▌
            ▐███  ▐███████      ▐█▌
            ▐██▌   ▀█████▀     ▐█▀
       ▂▄▄▐██▌     ▀▀▀      ▐█▌
    ▐██████████████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄█▌
  ▐███       ▐███▀▀█████▄▄▄ ▐██
   ▐█▌        ▐███    ▀▀▀███████▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀        ▐███        ▐██▀█████▄▄
                ▐███      ▐██▌    ▀▀███▄▄
                 ▐███    ▐██▌  ▄▄▄▄▄  ███▄
         ▄████▄   ▐██▌  ▐███  ▐███████████
       ▐████████▌  ▐██▌▐██▌   ▐████████▀▀
        ▀██████▀    ▐████▀     ▀████▀
         ▐███▀     ▄█▐███
        ▐███▀   ▄████▌▀███
        ▐██████████▀    ▐█▌    █
         ▀████▀▀         ▐█▌  ██
                           ▀▀▀▀

▶  TELEGRAM
▶  BITCOINTALK
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 10:16:17 PM

There are no religious people pushing Religion on you,
there is people telling you for breaking religious laws.
Anyone else spotted the obvious blunder here?  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Idolatry is a SIN
Perhaps you should practise what you preach and stop idolatrously worshipping the Pope.
You old sinner you.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

For me this issue is solved.

This thread can now be locked.
I thought you was suppose to be leaving this thread?

BitNow
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2015, 10:30:15 PM

There are no religious people pushing Religion on you,
there is people telling you for breaking religious laws.
Anyone else spotted the obvious blunder here?  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

No blunder

Idolatry is a SIN
Perhaps you should practise what you preach and stop idolatrously worshipping the Pope.
You old sinner you.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

There is no idolatry in worshipping a person (admitting that I'm worshipping someone).

Idolatry is worshipping a thing (called idol).

For me this issue is solved.

This thread can now be locked.
I thought you was suppose to be leaving this thread?

How this thread has becoming about me.

The subject is "Re: Why do atheists hate Religion?"

Stick to the subject.

Best regards.

▐█████▄
            ▐█████████        ▄▄▄
            ▐████  ▐█████   ▀▀▀  █▌
            ▐███  ▐███████      ▐█▌
            ▐██▌   ▀█████▀     ▐█▀
       ▂▄▄▐██▌     ▀▀▀      ▐█▌
         ▐███▀     ▄█▐███
        ▐███▀   ▄████▌▀███
        ▐██████████▀    ▐█▌    █
         ▀████▀▀         ▐█▌  ██
                           ▀▀▀▀

▶  TELEGRAM
▶  BITCOINTALK
MakingMoneyHoney

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 11:24:48 PM

There is no idolatry in worshipping a person (admitting that I'm worshipping someone).

Idolatry is worshipping a thing (called idol).

That's not what the the Catechism of the Catholic Church states: "Idolatry not only refers to false pagan worship. Man commits idolatry whenever he honours and reveres a creature in place of God (link)

No one should follow the pope and place him on equal or greater grounds than our Father or Jesus (Yahuwshua).
BitNow
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2015, 11:27:11 PM

That's not what the the Catechism of the Catholic Church states: "Idolatry not only refers to false pagan worship. Man commits idolatry whenever he honours and reveres a creature in place of God (link)

No one should follow the pope and place him on equal or greater grounds than our Father or Jesus (Yahuwshua).

A man is a man.

A creature is an animal with no intelligence (at best).

Best regards.

▐█████▄
            ▐█████████        ▄▄▄
            ▐████  ▐█████   ▀▀▀  █▌
            ▐███  ▐███████      ▐█▌
            ▐██▌   ▀█████▀     ▐█▀
       ▂▄▄▐██▌     ▀▀▀      ▐█▌
         ▐███▀     ▄█▐███
        ▐███▀   ▄████▌▀███
        ▐██████████▀    ▐█▌    █
         ▀████▀▀         ▐█▌  ██
                           ▀▀▀▀

▶  TELEGRAM
▶  BITCOINTALK
RoomBot
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1123

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 11:47:32 PM

I don't see how newtons third law proves god exists.

I'm interested to go read the posts you mentioned, seems only fair though if I do that, you look at the video I posted before :-)

In regards to scientists, I put together some quotes.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
-   Carl Sagan
I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it.
-   Albert Einstein
I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the objects of his creation, whose purposes are modelled after our own -- a God, in short, who is but a reflection of human frailty. Neither can I believe that the individual survives the death of his body, although feeble souls harbor such thoughts through fear or ridiculous egotisms.
-   Albert Einstien
“When people ask me if a god created the universe, I tell them that the question itself makes no sense. Time didn’t exist before the big bang, so there is no time for god to make the universe in. It’s like asking directions to the edge of the earth; The Earth is a sphere; it doesn’t have an edge; so looking for it is a futile exercise. We are each free to believe what we want, and it’s my view that the simplest explanation is; there is no god. No one created our universe,and no one directs our fate. This leads me to a profound realization; There is probably no heaven, and no afterlife either. We have this one life to appreciate the grand design of the universe, and for that I am extremely grateful.”
-    Stephen Hawking
Science is only truly consistent with an atheistic worldview with regards to the claimed miracles of the gods of Judaism, Christianity and Islam.
-Lawrence Krauss
The question of whether there exists a supernatural creator, a God, is one of the most important that we have to answer. I think that it is a scientific question. My answer is no.
-Richard Dawkins

Would you honestly call Einstein and Stephen Hawking "lame" scientists?

I'll be back later after reading the posts you mentioned :-)

Well done, @tlictdig !

BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1368

View Profile
December 31, 2015, 01:41:48 AM

Churches and all religions of the old world (except Buddhism, yet this one can only be partially called a religion) have nothing to offer people as institutions. They have nothing to prove their righteousness, their methods and aims got too old and obvious. They are only good as political instruments, and even though their influence is getting weaker and weaker.

Now you're talking. Since people have changed even less than religions, we should do away with people as well, right?

Grin

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
strayanbit

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 31, 2015, 04:21:14 AM

Yeah the everything on Earth would be better off without us lol.  Then the cats can take over... when are you going to reveal more divine truths? Oh BADecker The enlightened one, Miao be your name.

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼  No.1 Bitcoin Binary Options and Double Dice  ▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼
████████████████████████████████  sec◔nds trade  ████████████████████████████████
↑↓ Instant Bets ↑↓ Flexible 1~1440 minutes Expiry time ↑↓ Highest Reward 190% ↑↓ 16 Assets [btc, forex, gold, 1% edge double dice] ↑↓
BitNow
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2015, 08:05:27 AM

Churches and all religions of the old world (except Buddhism, yet this one can only be partially called a religion) have nothing to offer people as institutions. They have nothing to prove their righteousness, their methods and aims got too old and obvious. They are only good as political instruments, and even though their influence is getting weaker and weaker.

Now you're talking. Since people have changed even less than religions, we should do away with people as well, right?

Grin

The method is called faith.

Best regards.

▐█████▄
            ▐█████████        ▄▄▄
            ▐████  ▐█████   ▀▀▀  █▌
            ▐███  ▐███████      ▐█▌
            ▐██▌   ▀█████▀     ▐█▀
       ▂▄▄▐██▌     ▀▀▀      ▐█▌
         ▐███▀     ▄█▐███
        ▐███▀   ▄████▌▀███
        ▐██████████▀    ▐█▌    █
         ▀████▀▀         ▐█▌  ██
                           ▀▀▀▀

▶  TELEGRAM
▶  BITCOINTALK
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
December 31, 2015, 10:37:56 AM

Grin

The method is called faith.

Best regards.

What? We use faith to do away with religion and people? Are you nuts?

Huh

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
jethrorn99

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 31, 2015, 10:58:38 AM

Because Atheists believes in fact, and religion have a lot of weird things that cant be scientificaly proved.
Im religious and i personally think that religion is illogical to me, but i still believes in it because there is still no prove that god exists or not, and most of religion ways is really about good things to do.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
December 31, 2015, 11:12:13 AM

Because Atheists believes in fact, and religion have a lot of weird things that cant be scientificaly proved.
Im religious and i personally think that religion is illogical to me, but i still believes in it because there is still no prove that god exists or not, and most of religion ways is really about good things to do.

However, atheists DON'T believe in fact. If they believe in the things of science, most of science is theory, which is fiction. It is only engineering that is near fact.

Religious writings of the Bible are eye witness accounts over the years. The nation of Israel is a strong nation, perhaps the longest lasting nation of all. The tradition of the people of Israel is that the eye witness accounts of the Bible are fact.

In addition, Science has proven that God exists. Of course, anyone can deny any proof. But consider this quote from https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1054513.msg13397782#msg13397782:
You have certainly heard of the Theory of Relativity and the Big Bang Theory. Theory might be something that is a necessary part of discovering scientific fact. But until the theory is proven true, it is fiction. In the case of science, it is science fiction. This brings us to Newton's 3rd Law.

For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. This is a law, not a theory. Call it cause and effect... perhaps not exactly the same, but similar.

Every electron in your brain moves because it was acted upon by other electrons, or chemicals, or something else that causes it to move. When this electron moves, it causes other electrons to move, or other chemical reactions that cause you to think the way you do.

The point? EVERYTHING IN NATURE AND THE WHOLE UNIVERSE acts because something acted on it. And the thing(s) that acted on it were acted upon by other things that caused it to act that way. In other words, something caused something to move, which caused something else to move, which caused something else to move, which caused something else to move, etc., etc., so that everything acts the way it does in the whole universe because something, or many somethings, caused them all to act that way. Nothing - ABSOLUTELY NOTHING - in the whole universe ever has acted randomly. Not even your free will.

Newton's 3rd Law. That's it in detail. And the Thing that could cause such complex activities in the whole universe through cause and effect, action and reaction, must be very great. It must have the knowledge and ability to create the human brain and mind through thousands of years worth of cause and effect, right down to the present. Why? Because nothing acts any other way than it was caused to act the way it does... even the typing of this post.
Especially the bolded part, above.

Smiley

BitNow
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2015, 11:19:07 AM

There is no Science in atheism.
Science comes from Wisdom, and Wisdom come form the Fear of the Lord.

"Wisdom’s instruction is to fear the Lord,
    and humility comes before honor.
"
- Pro 15:33

Atheists are "just men".

Best regards.

▐█████▄
            ▐█████████        ▄▄▄
            ▐████  ▐█████   ▀▀▀  █▌
            ▐███  ▐███████      ▐█▌
            ▐██▌   ▀█████▀     ▐█▀
       ▂▄▄▐██▌     ▀▀▀      ▐█▌
         ▐███▀     ▄█▐███
        ▐███▀   ▄████▌▀███
        ▐██████████▀    ▐█▌    █
         ▀████▀▀         ▐█▌  ██
                           ▀▀▀▀

▶  TELEGRAM
▶  BITCOINTALK
PrikiNo.1

View Profile
December 31, 2015, 01:52:54 PM

Except Buddhism?

Dude, the meaning of the word Buddha is the Awaken and the real name of the person was Gautama. He was a guy who start to follow the path of the Lord and when he reach to that level he become the Awaken or Saint. He was able to see the things from the past lives and also help people by doing miracles. The people are those who are changing the things in the wrong direction. The same example is when Christ enter in the church and scattered the tables.

Be sure that the wisdom who is the ancient sacred texts can bring you peace or madness if you don't know how to manage that!
PrikiNo.1

View Profile
January 01, 2016, 01:47:32 PM

There is no Science in atheism.
Science comes from Wisdom, and Wisdom come form the Fear of the Lord.

"Wisdom’s instruction is to fear the Lord,
    and humility comes before honor.
"
- Pro 15:33

Atheists are "just men".

Best regards.

Dude, if we want science to grow faster then now we should start to researching those evidences and facts who were written in the ancient sacred texts. Do you remember the quotes from the all three geniuses who lived in the new era?

“I have offended God and mankind because my work didn't reach the quality it should have.”

Leonardo da Vinci

Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind.

Albert Einstein

''The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power. My Mother had taught me to seek all truth in the Bible; therefore I devoted the next few months to the study of this work.''

Nikola Tesla

As you can see, all the science is set on these tree master minds, and if we continue with their tempo I am sure that in future we will be far beyond the Galaxies!
BitNow
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2016, 02:03:16 PM

Dude, if we want science to grow faster then now we should start to researching those evidences and facts who were written in the ancient sacred texts. Do you remember the quotes from the all three geniuses who lived in the new era?

“I have offended God and mankind because my work didn't reach the quality it should have.”

Leonardo da Vinci

Albert Einstein

''The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power. My Mother had taught me to seek all truth in the Bible; therefore I devoted the next few months to the study of this work.''

Nikola Tesla

As you can see, all the science is set on these tree master minds, and if we continue with their tempo I am sure that in future we will be far beyond the Galaxies!

Leonardo da Vinci was fighting continuously with religious people although in those years if you were opposed to religion you will have probably been dead.

Albert Einstein was jew.

Nikola Tesla had great respect for all Religion (Christianity and Buddism at first).

What is your point?

Best regards.

▐█████▄
            ▐█████████        ▄▄▄
            ▐████  ▐█████   ▀▀▀  █▌
            ▐███  ▐███████      ▐█▌
            ▐██▌   ▀█████▀     ▐█▀
       ▂▄▄▐██▌     ▀▀▀      ▐█▌
         ▐███▀     ▄█▐███
        ▐███▀   ▄████▌▀███
        ▐██████████▀    ▐█▌    █
         ▀████▀▀         ▐█▌  ██
                           ▀▀▀▀

▶  TELEGRAM
▶  BITCOINTALK
PrikiNo.1

View Profile
January 02, 2016, 01:29:45 PM

Leonardo da Vinci

Albert Einstein

Nikola Tesla

Leonardo da Vinci was fighting continuously with religious people although in those years if you were opposed to religion you will have probably been dead.

Albert Einstein was jew.

Nikola Tesla had great respect for all Religion (Christianity and Buddism at first).

What is your point?

Best regards.

Leonardo da Vinci was fighting with the church and the preachers because he discover something that the church doesn't want to tell to the humanity. That's why his art become so mystique and popular at the same time because he try to tell what he is really thinking about the christianity through out his decoded paintings!

Albert Einstein was the first scientist who start to research the speed and the power of the light! The fact that he was jew it doesn't tell anything about his fate!

Nikola Tesla was the first scientist who start to research the Bible. He doesn't have respect to other religions, he just speaking about those people like Zarathustra and Buddha who were one of the rarest persons in the distant past who actually do miracles.

“The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence.”
Aggressor66

Activity: 728
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 02, 2016, 01:56:59 PM

Do atheists have faith?
For example,  sometimes people suggest that faith is believing in spite of proof, or at least the stronger balance of evidence, to the contrary.

mohsin qureshi

View Profile
January 02, 2016, 02:22:56 PM

Rick Warren is arguably one of the most prominent and influential religious leaders, and here is what he said about the belief of no God and, thus, no life after death “If your time on earth were all there is to your life, I would suggest you start living it up
immediately.  You could forget about being good and ethical, and you wouldn't have to worry about any consequences of your actions.  You could indulge yourself in total self-centeredness because your actions would have no long-term repercussions ”.
He alleges that a nonreligious person has no reason to be a decent human being. This is the most common clichéd view of atheists–as being selfish, self-absorbed people who indulge in vanity and unethical behavior.  But this is an intellectually weak view of atheists, as it seeks to demonize those who lost faith in God or religion.  Instead of understanding the reason for their diminished faith, people push them further away by painting them to be rather evil individuals. 
mohsin qureshi

View Profile
January 02, 2016, 02:29:51 PM

Remember that atheists are like us, they are not people without faith.  Every human being on earth has faith; they just have faith in different beliefs.  An atheist may argue that they have no faith in matters like the existence of God or heaven and hell because nobody  can prove it to them. But they deny the reality that this is their faith.  They, too, cannot prove that God does not exist, nor can they prove that heaven and hell do not exist and that there is no afterlife. After beginning with logic, they then have to go on faith.  This is how humans are built reason and logic can get us to a point and then the rest is put on faith.  As Christian author and debater, Dinesh D’Souza, argued, the atheist who says there is no life after death and the believer who says there is are both making a leap of faith
because neither can be proven. “Faith” he argues,“is not a substitute for reason.  Faith only kicks in when reason comes to an end”, when
explanations eventually stop.
Pages: « 1 ... 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 [182] 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 ... 446 »
  Print  

Jump to: