Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:26:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 [323] 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Martin Armstrong Discussion  (Read 646792 times)
Traxo

Activity: 568
Merit: 703

View Profile
January 03, 2020, 04:07:33 PM
Last edit: January 03, 2020, 06:06:32 PM by Traxo

It appears that Martin Armstrong indeed set a new record for the Amazon best seller

We have received a number of requests for press interviews since this book seems to be the fastest-selling book ever on Amazon since it sold out in less than three hours.

Interviewer:  
  -Your majesty, oh great one, please tell us, how did you do it?

Martin Armstrong:
  - Well you know, it all started with...

Behind the Scam: What Does It Take to Be a ‘Best-Selling Author’? $3 and 5 Minutes.

A while ago, I put up a fake book on Amazon. I took a photo of my foot, uploaded it as a book to Amazon, and in a matter of hours had achieved “№1 Best Seller” status, complete with the orange banner and everything.

How many copies did I need to sell to be able to call up my mother and celebrate my newfound authorial achievements? Three. Yes, a total of three copies to become a best-selling author. And I bought two of those copies myself!

The reason people aspire to call themselves “best-selling author” is because it dramatically increases your credibility and “personal brand.”

Step 1: Writing my book (~2 seconds)

Checked:  
In the interview at the beginning Martin Armstrong says  this $100 book is a work of a lifetime and it took him four weeks to write it when he was away from home in Asia.  Huh

In 2014 he wrote: I have three teams working right now on three of the four books I am trying to complete.

So what is anyone expecting? Listen to the interview HOW he answers questions. He is lying about everything as always. He can't even talk normally. His excuse for this nonsense is that he is a "prolific writer".

Note Martin also possibly accidentally admitted to buying the book himself:  

What we have determined is that there were many people who purchased several copies to hand out as gifts. One client said he bought five copies and sent them to politicians he knew.

And his cult member or paid shill who comes to tell us about it:  

I've figured the book will sell out, so I was checking regularly. And as soon as it was available, I did order, two copies, one for myself, and other as a gift (to be backup copy as well).

I'll buy mostly whatever writing Armstrong has to sell on the matter of economy and finance, below 100$. And for this book I was ready to pay even more.

March 22, 2016

But this guy just doesn't stop to amaze me. I was following Socrates on irregular level, since I didn't understand much in the beginning. But in the same time, as time was allowing, I started to educate myself on the actual modelling that MA is doing. And it's not a trivial thing to understand. Lately I started to have a grasp of what MA is actually doing with his modelling, and I can start to imagine the amount of work that MA has put into it. And from my point of view, it's monumental.
December 25, 2019
No comment on Socrates, no experience with it.
Shocked Huh

I guess there is no reason to ask yourself why is there NO REVIEWS AT ALL yet from people who bought the "fastest-selling book ever on Amazon", except the "reviews" which say "I can't believe I missed out on getting a copy.".

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
555Many

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 03, 2020, 07:32:07 PM

I guess there is no reason to ask yourself why is there NO REVIEWS AT ALL yet from people who bought the "fastest-selling book ever on Amazon", except the "reviews" which say "I can't believe I missed out on getting a copy.".

https://youtu.be/bqPARIKHbN8
lmaof, he is going for the yelp method.
DigiLab

Activity: 47

View Profile
January 03, 2020, 10:56:05 PM

And his cult member or paid shill who comes to tell us about it:  

I've figured the book will sell out, so I was checking regularly. And as soon as it was available, I did order, two copies, one for myself, and other as a gift (to be backup copy as well).

I'll buy mostly whatever writing Armstrong has to sell on the matter of economy and finance, below 100$. And for this book I was ready to pay even more.

March 22, 2016

But this guy just doesn't stop to amaze me. I was following Socrates on irregular level, since I didn't understand much in the beginning. But in the same time, as time was allowing, I started to educate myself on the actual modelling that MA is doing. And it's not a trivial thing to understand. Lately I started to have a grasp of what MA is actually doing with his modelling, and I can start to imagine the amount of work that MA has put into it. And from my point of view, it's monumental.
December 25, 2019
No comment on Socrates, no experience with it.

Traxo, why didn't you quote the whole thing (below), and yet you and alike are blaming Martin for a fraud. I had a basic private blog subscription when it was yearly, before it was switched to monthly.
I was trying to figure out MA modeling at the time, whereas private blog subscription (limited access to Socrates) has not much to do with it.
You and alike are so pathetic, MA is one of the best economists, ever. We are lucky that he is sharing some of his knowledge publicly, and you pity fools are bashing on him???
What is even more ironic, you think that someone believes your spewing of bs and hatred.

I have Investor level for some time now, and yes, there was a change where regional subscriptions have been condensed to a single site membership. My original intention of subscribing was to be a small sign of gratitude for all the work that MA has done (and still doing), and more importantly, that he is willing to share it publicly. I learned (understand more importantly) so much about economics by reading his blog, and my starting point on economics was absolute beginner.

From where I sit now, if I decide to put some money in trading, I wouldn't think twice to subscribe to the Trader level, which is still not available. I would love to put my hands on the information for the Reversals coupled with the Timing Arrays. Since one without the other, doesn't quite provide that much of a view.
If one by subscribing expects to receive straight forward guidance to buy, or sell, then forget about it. I wouldn't recommend to subscribe, since one can get disappointed, and maybe come back and bash on MA.
But, if one puts an effort in order to UNDERSTAND what MA and his modelling is about, then that will separate the men from the boys. Pls be aware though, it's not a trivial process, at least not for me, Smiley.

I'm assuming that information for the Reversals and the Timing Arrays are only available to MA's clients. Also I'm wondering, has maybe MA sometimes in the past published publicly the fixed frequencies of the transverse waves for some of the markets.
Traxo

View Profile
January 03, 2020, 11:17:02 PM
Last edit: January 03, 2020, 11:44:12 PM by Traxo

We are lucky that he is sharing some of his knowledge publicly

As I already said, that just makes him a content curator.

What is even more ironic, you think that someone believes your spewing of bs and hatred.

I quoted everything. People can read Smiley  There is no need to "believe" like you "believe" in omniscient Socrates.
Yet you guys are trying to discredit direct black-and-white quotes, lol.

Again, if there is something specific you want to refute, you are welcome to do it and be coherent. Stop polluting thread with nonsense.

Let's recap:  

I proved Marty was wrong about gold for years:  

https://busy.org/@traxo/martin-armstrong-gold-bear

I explained how he has workarounds so that he's most of the time not-even-wrong:  

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1082909.msg53486329#msg53486329

I proved that he was wrong about 2016 USA presidental elections, yet he brainwashed you into thinking he was correct:  

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1082909.msg53486641#msg53486641

I quoted what Martin claimed Socrates computer is, and asserted that whoever believes in that nonsense is his cult member:  

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1082909.msg53471994#msg53471994
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1082909.msg53477479#msg53477479
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1082909.msg53479047#msg53479047

And explained his deception about his computer providing 100% accurate predictions:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1082909.msg53508888#msg53508888

Then I joked about his Amazon book sell-out, but it's possible that I'm underestimating the size of his cult:  

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1082909.msg53511446#msg53511446

I provided quotes for each of my claims. Anyone is welcome to refute it if they can.
DigiLab

Activity: 47

View Profile
January 04, 2020, 12:31:17 AM

Traxo, there is a problem. You desperately trying to spin that I believe in omniscient Socrates, yet I never claim such thing. Furthermore, I even stay away to comment on it, as I don't have much experience with it.
What is your problem with MA, idk, and I don't care. If it makes you happy to spew bs and hatred on MA, it's your choice. I'll go after the knowledge and understanding, which MA is willing to share.
AnonymousCoder

Activity: 580
Merit: 17

View Profile
January 04, 2020, 12:41:20 AM
Last edit: July 20, 2021, 06:05:39 PM by AnonymousCoder

Traxo, there is a problem. You desperately trying to spin that I believe in omniscient Socrates, yet I never claim such thing. Furthermore, I even stay away to comment on it, as I don't have much experience with it.
What is your problem with MA, idk, and I don't care. If it makes you happy to spew bs and hatred on MA, it's your choice. I'll go after the knowledge and understanding, which MA is willing to share.

We do only facts here not "bs" (BULLSHIT) as you say.

What you call "knowledge" may not belong to Martin Armstrong. It is content aggregation, plagiarism and pure scientific fraud.

Proof:

The Myth of the Martin Armstrong Global Cooling Prediction.

It may not be what you are looking at. But Global Cooling is currently one of his biggest if not the biggest current campaign, and we do not need to debunk all of his campaigns past and present to make a case. It is the way that Martin Armstrong deals with information which is the same across the board.

You call this knowledge. Quite naiive. We call this fraud.

Martin Armstrong is a charlatan, and he spent 11 years in jail for that reason but he has not changed.

Read this blog starting here to find out more about computerized fraud.

See armstrongecmscam.blogspot.com for a more compact view of major findings posted in this blog.
sunnyasalways

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 04, 2020, 03:38:18 AM

I am NOT a subscriber but have been following MA writings for close to 20 years (even back when he was writing from prison).

I also watching The Forecaster which left me with more questions than answers.

1)   Why would MA refuse to do the work for the Government, while willing to do THE EXACT SAME work for Hedge Funds? If his system was indeed so powerful the CIA could have just as easily set up a shell company and got the same data from MA for a few million dollars which is a drop in the bucket for the Government.
2)    The idea that once the Government moved in Socrates was so wise that it self-destructed is also ridiculous.
3)   Why was he attacked in Prison?
4)   If the system is so powerful and all knowing why not just start a hedge fund and take the 2 and 20? (Most likely because he does not have a good track record to present to Investors to raise the funds, AKA System does not work for regular trading)
5)   What was the “BIG” thing that happened in 2015? (Spoiler Alert: Not much)

Having said that, there are some accolades I have to give Martin

1)   He is one of the best people I came across with knowledge of history of the financial markets going back centuries not just last 50 years.
2)   2009.3 was pretty close to the absolute bottom of the stock market after the crash.
3)   MA was the ONLY person I know of who spoke about the current melt up. He was saying this years ago, and he turned out to be right.

Let’s see what happens in January 18th which is suppose to be the next “BIG event”.

I view MA the same way I view Jordan Belfort, an interesting and knowledgeable person in his area of expertise  but who I would not trust with a penny of my money.
Traxo

View Profile
January 04, 2020, 11:44:44 AM

I hope Marty realizes his latest post features CGI.

Robot Soldiers

Categories: War
Tags: Cycle of War, video
s29

Activity: 184
Merit: 8

View Profile
January 04, 2020, 02:25:44 PM

Robot Soldiers

He's too old to realize.

He also posted a clearly fake tweet of a Democrat politician like a year ago.

But hey, Marty also believes his own bullshit.
trulycoined

Activity: 85

View Profile
January 04, 2020, 05:50:36 PM

Robot Soldiers

He's too old to realize.

He also posted a clearly fake tweet of a Democrat politician like a year ago.

But hey, Marty also believes his own bullshit.

A good one I remember is below, from middle of last year:

https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/international-news/europes-current-economy/macrone-order-italian-is-no-longer-to-be-taught-in-france/

I am no fan of the EU, but on reading this, I thought: "what?". Tried to find a reference for it and found none. Only MAs blog made mention of this alleged "law".

I can ignore the misspelling of Macron, but no evidence suggests France passed such law and nor did MA reference his claim.

It is like what Barclay Leib - a former colleague of MA - explains in his book Not On My Grandfather's Wallstreet of MA, that the blog has turned into a mishmash of irreverent ramblings and nonsense.

All of the above are good examples of this.

And it further erodes MA's credibility and trustworthiness as an information source.
MTL4

Activity: 62

View Profile
January 06, 2020, 01:11:22 AM
Last edit: January 06, 2020, 01:23:51 AM by MTL4

I posted this way back on page 319 and tried to use one of MA's arrays to predict a change in the GBPUSD pair as a way to see if there was anything worthwhile.  I don't think it's conclusive by any means, but to me there appears to be more than just a coincidence that it did in fact show something (note the white lines I drew in using the info on the array) in both major direction changes on the currency. The presumption now from the array is that it will continue down at least until the end of the time frame shown.  Now again this was just my interpretation not MA at all (personally I don't think he even knows how to read his own stuff).  Anyway I thought I would share since it appears there might be something worth pursuing at least from a cycle perspective.

https://imgur.com/a/MVgI0Pe

MTL4

View Profile
January 06, 2020, 01:28:21 AM

Do the same thing over many samples and report back, thanks. Cooincidence and confirmation bias is all it is.

That's the trouble, you can't do many samples because those arrays aren't available via Socrates......I ran into the same issue back in 2016. Only way to get those are to wait for him to post them online in his blog or take them out of a report.  Find me more current ones and I'll be happy to run tests galore.
Traxo

View Profile
January 06, 2020, 01:34:48 AM

And for Armstrong saying "Apparently this has been the fastest selling book ever on Amazon" https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/products_services/products/manipulating-the-world-economy-coming-third-edition/

doesn't anyone think it's strange for the fastest selling book on Amazon to have only 11 reviews?

We noticed, and lol'd:  

[...]

But hey maybe it has just not been delivered yet? Lol.
AnonymousCoder

View Profile
January 06, 2020, 01:53:34 AM
Last edit: July 20, 2021, 06:05:31 PM by AnonymousCoder

I posted this way back on page 319 and tried to use one of MA's arrays to predict a change in the GBPUSD pair as a way to see if there was anything worthwhile. I don't think it's conclusive by any means, but to me there appears to be more than just a coincidence that it did in fact show something (note the white lines I drew in using the info on the array) in both major direction changes on the currency. The presumption now from the array is that it will continue down at least until the end of the time frame shown. Now again this was just my interpretation not MA at all (personally I don't think he even knows how to read his own stuff). Anyway I thought I would share since it appears there might be something worth pursuing at least from a cycle perspective.

I have to laugh. Why?

Look at these arrays. There are 12 columns in every array, right?

In this one, it has 6 extremes to pick from, right? 3 highs and 3 lows. 6 out of 12 that is 50%. Please note that in Armstrong speak, there is no difference between high and low, right?

So we have a probability of roughly 50% already that any attempt to fit any curve to this in the way that our Charlatan in Chief advises us to do, will actually be successful. Then you have the variation that these arrays are actually dynamic, so the highs and lows are not fixed while time moves on.

What does this mean? It means that for a curve fitting exercise (in hindsight) you can choose perhaps out of 4 different arrays the one that suits you best. At the end of the day, your success will always be 100%.

Now you think: hey, I have fitted the past with a great deal of cherry-picking, and therefore, the future will cooperate and follow the path of the array into the future? That is pure bullshit. Many people have tried this before. It never worked.

Martin Armstrong is a charlatan, and he spent 11 years in jail for that reason but he has not changed.

See armstrongecmscam.blogspot.com for a more compact view of major findings posted in this blog.
MTL4

View Profile
January 06, 2020, 03:16:23 AM

I have to laugh. Why?

Look at these arrays. There are 12 columns in every array, right?

In this one, it has 6 extremes to pick from, right? 3 highs and 3 lows. 6 out of 12 that is 50%. Please note that in Armstrong speak, there is no difference between high and low, right?

So we have a probability of roughly 50% already that any attempt to fit any curve to this in the way that our Charlatan in Chief advises us to do, will actually be successful. Then you have the variation that these arrays are actually dynamic, so the highs and lows are not fixed while time moves on.

What does this mean? It means that for a curve fitting exercise (in hindsight) you can choose perhaps out of 4 different arrays the one that suits you best. At the end of the day, your success will always be 100%.

Now you think: hey, I have fitted the past with a great deal of cherry-picking, and therefore, the future will cooperate and follow the path of the array into the future? That is pure bullshit. Many people have tried this before. It never worked.

I did a ton of testing on Socrates when it came out and all of it was basically junk but for some reason the arrays on his private system were significantly different and appeared to have some accuracy to them (I don't know why).  I have no idea what you mean about with extremes/highs/lows, post up a drawing like I did so we know what you're talking about.  I don't use any of MA's rules at all when looking at the arrays (as I said I don't think he understands his own stuff).  There's some dynamic stuff in the array for sure but if you look at the long-term row there's always some sort of static cycle in there because you see it on every array.

AnonymousCoder

View Profile
January 06, 2020, 03:27:10 AM
Last edit: July 20, 2021, 06:05:24 PM by AnonymousCoder

I did a ton of testing on Socrates when it came out and all of it was basically junk but for some reason the arrays on his private system were significantly different and appeared to have some accuracy to them (I don't know why)...

Because he posts cherry-picked arrays that match in hindsight.

I am not going to waste any time with forecast arrays other than taking his forecasts that he made based on them and then went wrong. As many have said, any broken clock is right twice a day, and the other thing is that extraordinary claims need extraordinary evidence. So far you don't have any evidence - and you never will because the sample size is just too small.

Alex-11

Activity: 133

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2020, 04:58:23 AM

That's the trouble, you can't do many samples because those arrays aren't available via Socrates......I ran into the same issue back in 2016. Only way to get those are to wait for him to post them online in his blog or take them out of a report.  Find me more current ones and I'll be happy to run tests galore.

The Socrates arrays from the ask-socrates website were not working properly until September, but they are now working since about 3 month.
You can also see in the private blog posts that MA is recently posting only the new arrays and not the old arrays anymore (except the yearly arrays which are not available on ask-socrates.com)
AnonymousCoder

View Profile
January 06, 2020, 06:36:52 AM
Last edit: July 20, 2021, 06:05:16 PM by AnonymousCoder

I have no idea what you mean about with extremes/highs/lows, post up a drawing like I did so we know what you're talking about...

Please try to understand the following:

The forecast array has 12 columns. For the sake of argument, if each column had a turning point, what would the predictive value of it?

Zero.

If on the other hand, a forecast array had only a single turning point in it, then that would be something. But it would still be of a low value because it can be interpreted as both a low or a high.

The fact is that forecast arrays typically have more than one turning point, in fact many turning points, so the predictive value is low due to the resulting ambiguity.

AnonymousCoder

View Profile
January 06, 2020, 09:09:47 AM
Last edit: July 20, 2021, 06:05:08 PM by AnonymousCoder
Merited by Traxo (1)

HYPERVENTILATION ABOUT REPO-CRISIS NON-EVENT

Why the Repo Report Must Remain Private

I am asking everyone to please refrain from telling the world what is really taking place. Only the core people involved in high-level finance understand the risks and can see what is unfolding.
Translation:
You haven't bought the report? After you buy it, you will be smarter than everybody else on the planet. You don't know what is unfolding? Buy, buy, buy!

It is just that I am the only one who can speak right now. There are even central banks that are still grasping to comprehend this crisis. It is best to keep this private at this time. Otherwise, when the crisis hits, the government will blame me and you because they cannot admit they have created this nightmare.
Translation:
After you buy, you know this is a storm in the teacup. Please don't tell anybody that nobody cares about us.

We have been helping institutions to prepare in hopes of mitigating the serious implications which can take down many. We have to work on this quietly. So please do not even discuss this in social media. We must let it unfold FIRST, or run the risk of being blamed for creating a panic. It is not worth the risk. Just look after yourself right now. This is coming and nobody can stop it. So do not stand in the way as a target for they will desperately need scapegoats.
Translation:
I hope my sheep remember that I said they blamed me for the previous panics ...
After you buy, you are a member of the inner circle of geniuses. You are so important. Nobody else is.

Shit, nobody bought the report. I should have written the report before the Repo Crisis hit. Now it is already over and everybody is talking about Iran - I don't have a report to sell for that. I hope this will fix it ...

trulycoined

Activity: 85

View Profile
January 06, 2020, 11:19:59 AM

HYPERVENTILATION

Why the Repo Report Must Remain Private

I am asking everyone to please refrain from telling the world what is really taking place. Only the core people involved in high-level finance understand the risks and can see what is unfolding.
Translation:
You haven't bought the report? After you buy it, you will be smarter than everybody else on the planet. You don't know what is unfolding? Buy, buy, buy!...

The curious thing is until the Repo market showed signs of problems early 2019 - then the Fed intervened mid September 2019 - MA had never mentioned it before. Why didn't Socrates predict it?

There was no mention of it at the 2018 WEC. It literally came out of nowhere and suddenly MA was writing blog post after blog post about it, plus offering up expensive reports, explaining it was now one of the major flash points of 2019... That he or his alleged machine (never) forecast or predicted.

His first mention of the Repo crisis was on 19 Sep 2019, some two days after the mass media had broken the news about the Fed intervention:
https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/markets-by-sector/interest-rates/the-panic-in-interest-rates-is-just-getting-started/

Then by 1 November, MA was making out it was THE issue to focus on:
https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/world-news/sovereign-debt-crisis/repo-crisis/

Despite never mentioning it before.

That alone is another good example of MA claiming credit for foreseeing something, but only AFTER the event had happened. His following falls for it every time. A tried and tested formula.

It was also quite funny to observe another typical MA tactic in his reader questions content today. Blog post 6 Jan 2020:
https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/world-news/war/is-world-war-iii-on-the-horizon/

QUESTION:  I... have begun to start reading older posts because it is all amazing work. When looking at your war cycle.... becoming pretty clear World War 3 between east and west seems just over the horizon past 2032?

The now predictable self-aggrandising aside (the question is likely made up by MA himself), rather than answering the question, MA then writes around the question and never gives any definitive opinion or forecast. Most of his answer doesn't even talk about war, and only in the final sentence does MA explain:

"... they will turn to international war as a means to retain power and distract the people from the real economic crisis which is befalling civilization."

Wow, 'o great sage! Yet another ambiguous statement that will always become true over a long enough time scale. No different than someone asking for my opinion of the US economy and I explain it "will enter recession by 2032". If the US does indeed enter recession through what is a very predictable scenario - if not by simple probability - and over a long enough time scale, I can then claim myself as a financial prophet!
Pages: « 1 ... 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 [323] 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 »
  Print  

Jump to: