Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 07:10:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 [297] 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 ... 373 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Martin Armstrong Discussion  (Read 646778 times)
MA_talk

Activity: 226
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 26, 2019, 04:32:48 PM

In fact socrates is very black and white regarding the reversal system there can be no ambiguity. so basically it comes down to emotional IQ that is the key when using this system.

The Socrates system is full of ambiguities. Socrates provides no conclusion from the multitude of conflicting trading signals it provides:

See Socrates Technical Analysis Prediction Magic

Talking about ambiguity, you can read there about a case where this moron Gumbi who is paid by Armstrong or is Armstrong himself advises to ignore the election of a reversal, elected within 1% rule, and then trade another reversal that was NOT elected. This is sheer madness.

Calling this an computer system is already a joke, because a computer system would know the rules and calculate the result from the multitude of conflicting signals.

This contraption looks more like a bunch of pocket calculators.

Read this blog starting at page 273 to find out more about computerized fraud

See armstrongecmscam.blogspot.com for a more compact view of major findings posted in this blog

why so antagonistic, are you always this emotional?

This system is very simple but you have no idea how it works, regarding trading a reversal that was not elected, all four reversals need to be elected to change the trend, this is where we elected the 3rd bearish reversal but held the fourth.

Ha ha.  Gumbi who promised to post real-time trade is back, but NEVER did.  I wonder why?Huh

Yeah, and he claimed that he NEVER lost any money on every trade using Socrates.  He is a trading god (by HINDSIGHT).

That's right.  More advertising for Armstrong.  The system is "very simple" that it took years and 320 pages on this forum, and NOBODY has demonstrated even one viable repeatable strategy using any of Armstrong's stuffs.  I wonder how?Huh
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MA_talk

Activity: 226
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 26, 2019, 04:45:38 PM

There has to be an explanation why Armstrong has so many delusional thoughts, all the disorganized writing, constantly brags, the scamming of investors, and is simply outright lying about a lot of things. Maybe he really thinks he gets these fanmails; but in reality it's just another persona of him. Also the complete shamelessness about not making any excuses whatsoever about wrong predictions is very weird.

Interesting question, like asking why can a person with so many behavioral defects exist?

I saw somebody who tried to talk about Armstrong's growing-up.  He only said one sentence or two.  But he did NOT want to resort to personal attacks, but rather just discuss "any" of Armstrong's forecast failures.

Based on that one or two sentences, the only thing that I could make out is that Armstrong has always been like this since growing up.  He is super-arrogant.  He simply thinks that he is above everyone else, and morality is not in his vocabulary.

In any case, I have zero problems with any people with any kinds of personality.  I just have problems with people who try to take advantage of others by any means, such as lying, cheating, making up stuffs with hindsight, etc.

I don't care how Armstrong is as a person.  I just have issues with his hindsight "facts" that are obviously 100% accurate AFTER the events.  So many of his "forecasts" have gone wrong, and he would NOT admit any failures.  He just wants to continue his scam.
trc4949

Activity: 61
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 27, 2019, 12:26:15 AM

Armstrong has said now many many  many times that he sees no sign of a "major" crash in the stock market both in this public and private blog and in interviews all around the web.

So here we are between end of Sept and October when many crashes happen.

If we actually do get a crash I wonder what he will say ?

I guess it depends on what exact a 'major crash' is ?   10, 15, 20, 25, 35 % HuhHuh?? in 10 days or less ??
blinder007

Activity: 18

View Profile
September 27, 2019, 09:19:42 AM
Last edit: September 28, 2019, 08:21:52 AM by blinder007

I do not see why there should be a crash in the near future??

Bonds are a suckers game, Interest rates mostly below inflation or even nominally negativ and   PM's and commodities have started a correction or even more ..

Do you wan't to stuff the cash under your mattress ??    Wink

But you do NOT need  MA or Socrates to figur that out
Alex-11

Activity: 133
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2019, 08:34:42 PM

@Alex-11
Socrates is so simple to use I find it hard to believe people can't see how accurate it is..... with the understanding that  the election of a reversal implies a move to the next....

in my experience this strategy has not always worked, but maybe I've looked at the wrong reversals (table) when I've tested it in Q2/2019. I will have a look into it again. Thanks for the hint.
trc4949

Activity: 61

View Profile
October 01, 2019, 04:48:36 AM

armstrong saying a close in djia fo september below 26905 in order for it to retest the lows....

but we closed at 26917.....    a lousy 12 points,.... isnt there some wiggle room in this model ?
AnonymousCoder

Activity: 580
Merit: 17

View Profile
October 01, 2019, 08:26:35 AM
Last edit: July 20, 2021, 06:22:33 PM by AnonymousCoder

armstrong saying a close in djia fo september below 26905 in order for it to retest the lows....

but we closed at 26917..... ? ?a lousy 12 points,.... isnt there some wiggle room in this model ?

It doesn't matter in which way his "model" is wrong. In no way is it as accurate as he says. I wish the price had crossed the point so everyone can see that it is wrong once again.

That is because if the price reaches support nevertheless, Martin Armstrong can say the "model" was right because some other thing in it had predicted it such as the forecast array or whatever. But you would have missed the decline then because you failed to see that prediction. Socrates does not predict anything. Ever.

It has this built-in ambiguity, that allows interpretation of the result in both directions in hindsight. Socrates does this by having multiple choice answers for every trade, which need human interpretation which is possible in multiple ways such as by reversals, forecast arrays, superposition events, cycle inversions, you name it.

That is why Socrates is a hindsight system, even if you call it a "system" which it isn't because the user is a major part of the system which is in no way a computer system but manual.

The most important thing it cannot do is to predict when the market turns.

Socrates can be characterized as a more complicated, more confusing variant of the ATR Trailing Stop Indicator

Martin Armstrong is a charlatan, and he spent 11 years in jail for that reason but he has not changed.

Read this blog starting here to find out more about computerized fraud.

See armstrongecmscam.blogspot.com for a more compact view of major findings posted in this blog.

Every single defrauded person should report their case, see Where and how to complain
Gumbi
Copper Member

Activity: 168

View Profile
October 01, 2019, 07:21:56 PM

but we closed at 26917.....    a lousy 12 points,.... isnt there some wiggle room in this model ?

that was just a technical number not a reversal, closing below 26603 should imply a retest of support
Gumbi
Copper Member

View Profile
October 01, 2019, 08:05:37 PM

Dow elected 2 daily bearish reversals at the close today, next level of support lies at 26062 on the monthly level,

I have entered a short position at 26545  and exit will be around the 26062 zone.
etoimene

Activity: 64

View Profile
October 02, 2019, 11:49:30 AM

Why did you enter on daily and plan exit on monthly reversal?
Gumbi
Copper Member

View Profile
October 02, 2019, 03:03:59 PM

Why did you enter on daily and plan exit on monthly reversal?

The next area of support just happens to be a monthly bearish, there is a weekly bearish just below and then the daily bearish at the 26800 area.
Ideally it should test the daily level but since time is more important than price I am choosing to exit around the monthly/weekly support area and lock in profits.

I have just exited my trade at 26102 just above the monthly bearish

Btw AnonymousCoder for this trade I sold 18 contracts on the Dow because the reversal system is never wrong  Wink

AnonymousCoder

View Profile
October 02, 2019, 04:24:05 PM
Last edit: July 20, 2021, 06:22:26 PM by AnonymousCoder

Btw AnonymousCoder for this trade I sold 18 contracts on the Dow because the reversal system is never wrong Wink

A swing trade on the back of a landslide US economic report. Socrates?

Welcome to the exciting world of single observation statistics!

Martin Armstrong is a charlatan, and he spent 11 years in jail for that reason but he has not changed.

See armstrongecmscam.blogspot.com for a more compact view of major findings posted in this blog.

Every single defrauded person should report their case, see Where and how to complain

Gumbi
Copper Member

View Profile
October 02, 2019, 04:52:54 PM
Last edit: October 02, 2019, 05:19:26 PM by Gumbi

Btw AnonymousCoder for this trade I sold 18 contracts on the Dow because the reversal system is never wrong  Wink

Welcome to the exciting world of single observation statistics!

Read this blog starting at page 273 to find out more about computerized fraud

See armstrongecmscam.blogspot.com for a more compact view of major findings posted in this blog

no I have not played this correctly. The market  should test the next daily bearish at 25833. Today is also a turning point so we should see a low at least on a intraday or closing basis.
If a reversal is penetrated intraday this often implies a move to the next in this case the weekly bearish has become the next area of support on the Dow.

The reversal system is simply the best MAP possible when trading.
Traxo

Activity: 568
Merit: 703

View Profile
October 03, 2019, 06:21:35 AM
Last edit: October 03, 2019, 06:31:56 AM by Traxo

[We Have Only 12 Years to Live – Are they using the ECM?]
https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/world-news/climate/we-have-only-12-years-to-live-are-they-using-the-ecm/

QUESTION: Do you think AOC and her cohorts are using your ECM for their 12-year forecast? Add 12 years to 2020 and you come to 2032!

PH

ANSWER: You know, I never looked at that. Interesting perspective.

Perhaps they are using our date but using climate to raise the taxes. I don’t deny that those in politics are well aware of our model. I get calls about it from that sector around the world. However, it could be just a strange coincidence.

Isn't his date more like 2032.9 anyway? Why add 12 to 2020, and not 2019? Did I oversleep?

etoimene

View Profile
October 03, 2019, 08:27:22 AM

I have entered a short position at 26545  and exit will be around the 26062 zone.

Can you comment on stop loss used?
etoimene

View Profile
October 03, 2019, 08:31:04 AM

Today is also a turning point so we should see a low at least on a intraday or closing basis.

On what other basis could it be? Smiley

Joking aside, can you comment on this rule "intraday or closing basis"?
I am especially interested if that low on turning point is based on closing, what can happen intraday?
In that case, you could have intraday low any day before or after. How should one place stop loss in that case?
Gumbi
Copper Member

View Profile
October 03, 2019, 01:10:50 PM

Today is also a turning point so we should see a low at least on a intraday or closing basis.

On what other basis could it be? Smiley

Joking aside, can you comment on this rule "intraday or closing basis"?
I am especially interested if that low on turning point is based on closing, what can happen intraday?
In that case, you could have intraday low any day before or after. How should one place stop loss in that case?

The stop loss I used for my previous trade was just above the major daily bearish reversal the system elected at 26717 on the 1st but according to the system you should place your stop above the opposite Reversal (Bullish)

The array turning points can occur on a intraday or closing basis so any new low will be on a intraday basis and not on a closing basis but that will have to happen on a turning point so the close for the 2nd on the Dow looks like a turning point on a closing basis, however the empirical model points to the 3rd so we may see a intraday low occur today.

The daily report says there is some support lies intraday at 25716(daily bearish) so you could place a stop loss just below that level. Since the next bearish is at 25833 on the daily level that should function as immediate support unless broken, then look to the next and so on.

You should take note that a monthly bearish reversal is much more important than a daily or weekly. Some support is likely to be found at that level.

So If you arrange the reversals from the monthly and weekly reports and combine these with the daily reversals, you will have the best possible MAP of exactly where support and resistance stands at any given time in the market.

AnonymousCoder

View Profile
October 03, 2019, 06:43:59 PM
Last edit: July 20, 2021, 06:22:18 PM by AnonymousCoder

The array turning points can occur on a intraday or closing basis so any new low will be on a intraday basis and not on a closing basis but that will have to happen on a turning point so the close for the 2nd on the Dow looks like a turning point on a closing basis, however the empirical model points to the 3rd so we may see a intraday low occur today.

The daily report says there is some support lies intraday at 25716(daily bearish) so you could place a stop loss just below that level. Since the next bearish is at 25833 on the daily level that should function as immediate support unless broken, then look to the next and so on.

You should take note that a monthly bearish reversal is much more important than a daily or weekly. Some support is likely to be found at that level.

So If you arrange the reversals from the monthly and weekly reports and combine these with the daily reversals, you will have the best possible MAP of exactly where support and resistance stands at any given time in the market.

As has been discovered and published here before, whether you get a profit or a loss from the reversal is almost random. Daily turning points are shown every other day at times, so no value here either. Most people here have commented that the forecast arrays do not make sense to them.

The reality is that during the last two days we have had a rare landslide economic event, and an easy day trade based on it. It would be absolutely reckless to draw any conclusions about Socrates performance based on the mere fact that Socrates elected a daily bearish reversal after the event.

That is why I wrote "Single observation Statistics". In a similar case, as published in the private blog, such a bearish reversal simply failed. Armstrong himself has even stated before that daily reversals are not good to trade because of randomness in the daily time frame. Not that I would say that weekly reversals are any better because they are as random as the daily ones.

Yet Martin Armstrong personally raises his head and praises the system based on this singularity. It just shows his extreme over-confidence, arrogance, recklessness and incompetence. This moron has probably never heard about due diligence in his life.

Nobody needs Socrates to trade such events. Even the statements that he makes here contradict themselves, and have multiple outcomes, being ambiguous, so no value there.

In practical terms, the momentum generated from these two recent economic report events was, as expected, rather limited, so a one to two day market response would be the logical outcome, not a break through short-term support. So the Socrates marketing is all nonsense as much as the Socrates signals themselves.

Shakfrek

Activity: 11

View Profile
October 05, 2019, 10:20:48 PM

@Alex-11

Socrates is so simple to use I find it hard to believe people can't see how accurate it is. The real difficulty is keeping your emotions in check. if you simply play it by the reversals and only enter on a closing basis with the understanding that  the election of a reversal implies a move to the next and so on, we had a perfect move recently where the Dow elected 2 weekly bullish reversals on the 26th of August but we closed more than 1% above, we then retested the reversals with one at 26053, and the next weekly bullish reversal was at 26368 which the market tested 2 weeks later but failed to elect implying a retest of support.

I was thinking IQ may not be so important since the computer is almost doing everything for you telling whether to buy or sell if one of its price targets is elected. In fact socrates is very black and white regarding the reversal system there can be no ambiguity. so basically it comes down to emotional IQ that is the key when using this system.

As Armstrong has said the majority is always wrong that is the fuel that drives the markets so it should come as no surprise that the majority think socrates is a scam, and we need fools on the other side of the market in order to trade against them.

Beyond hilarious when Martin Armstrong trolls (very likely Martin Armstrong himself) Alex-11 and Gumbi start talking to each other.  Just shows how pathetic these tactics are and sad.  

Its obvious that despite overwhelming evidence of this scam by an admitted conman and fraudster these aliases try and steer the conversation to somehow legitimize the scam.  

This website is allowing the perpetuation of this scam and should not.  I think this website could be held accountable should any losses, as a result of this scam, be proven.
Gumbi
Copper Member

View Profile
October 06, 2019, 12:40:32 AM

@Alex-11

Socrates is so simple to use I find it hard to believe people can't see how accurate it is. The real difficulty is keeping your emotions in check. if you simply play it by the reversals and only enter on a closing basis with the understanding that  the election of a reversal implies a move to the next and so on, we had a perfect move recently where the Dow elected 2 weekly bullish reversals on the 26th of August but we closed more than 1% above, we then retested the reversals with one at 26053, and the next weekly bullish reversal was at 26368 which the market tested 2 weeks later but failed to elect implying a retest of support.

I was thinking IQ may not be so important since the computer is almost doing everything for you telling whether to buy or sell if one of its price targets is elected. In fact socrates is very black and white regarding the reversal system there can be no ambiguity. so basically it comes down to emotional IQ that is the key when using this system.

As Armstrong has said the majority is always wrong that is the fuel that drives the markets so it should come as no surprise that the majority think socrates is a scam, and we need fools on the other side of the market in order to trade against them.

Beyond hilarious when Martin Armstrong trolls (very likely Martin Armstrong himself) Alex-11 and Gumbi start talking to each other.  Just shows how pathetic these tactics are and sad.  

Its obvious that despite overwhelming evidence of this scam by an admitted conman and fraudster these aliases try and steer the conversation to somehow legitimize the scam.  

This website is allowing the perpetuation of this scam and should not.  I think this website could be held accountable should any losses, as a result of this scam, be proven.

Yes a 70 year old is here posting to influence a handful of people trying to get more subscribers who is already worth hundreds of millions of dollars. Either he admitted to being a conman or he would spend the rest of his life in jail, not really a choice is it?. What's sad is you believe whatever the government tells you and never question it.

MA_talk has asked for live trades and I am happy to do so. I wonder how many it will take...
Pages: « 1 ... 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 [297] 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 ... 373 »
  Print  

Jump to: