Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 03:54:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 [278] 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 ... 373 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Martin Armstrong Discussion  (Read 646778 times)
bleachberu

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 17, 2019, 01:10:27 AM

Anyone seen this?
http://armstrong.forumprofi.de/showthread.php?tid=76

Seems like a dedicated thread on his work...not a lot of postings but seem like the very few forums out there attempting to understand his work/scam.

ps: MA is now offering another special subscription to the Dow for $1,500 for 1 year... Grin
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
psp777

Activity: 81
Merit: 6

View Profile
July 17, 2019, 03:40:21 AM

Anyone seen this?
http://armstrong.forumprofi.de/showthread.php?tid=76

Seems like a dedicated thread on his work...not a lot of postings but seem like the very few forums out there attempting to understand his work/scam.

ps: MA is now offering another special subscription to the Dow for $1,500 for 1 year... Grin

Yes, a few of us from this forum discussed the arrays, reversals, trades...over at that forum. Not so active on it anymore.
BTW, where is this special subscription to the DOW? I didn't see that. Is it basically the $150/ month service but two months free?

Alex-11

Activity: 133

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2019, 06:17:17 AM

.....manufactured success claims that nobody ever had a chance of verifying.

and nobody ever asked any question about it either.
AnonymousCoder

Activity: 580
Merit: 17

View Profile
July 17, 2019, 06:30:17 AM
Last edit: July 20, 2021, 06:33:13 PM by AnonymousCoder

.....manufactured success claims that nobody ever had a chance of verifying.

and nobody ever asked any question about it either.

because as much as your statement, these claims were meaningless, irrelevant, not worth discussing.

Martin Armstrong, his methods and systems have been thoroughly discredited in this forum. The chapter is closed. You re-open it, you get this message Kiss

Martin Armstrong is a charlatan, and he spent 11 years in jail for that reason but he has not changed.

Read this blog starting here to find out more about computerized fraud.

See armstrongecmscam.blogspot.com for a more compact view of major findings posted in this blog.

Every single defrauded person should report their case, see Where and how to complain
PennyWiseUK

Activity: 4

View Profile
July 17, 2019, 11:09:49 AM

Neil Woodford in the UK comes to mind. Had decades of success and was highly revered. His £1bn+ funds were constantly ranked as some of the best in the market for returns, where even gov pension funds had invested.

Then it started unravelling owing to high investment in illiquid assets as he tried chasing high returns from subdued safer assets. When those risky investments started unravelling, he was trapped and had to block anyone from exiting, save the entire fund collapsing.

This is was someone who had a gleaming investment record. So even the "best" can trip up eventually or may even just get lucky flipping heads year after year until their luck runs out...

MA may have just got lucky with a few forecasts, but if you look at RenTech or Two Sigma, they appear to have the very technology and processes that MA claims. Yet never has MA ever presented either his tech or his team - where even his WEC events girl isn't based in FL, so she must be a contractor - in any such way. He appears to have run a longstanding publishing firm, and when he was trading, he messed it all up much like Woodford.[/quote]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Absolutely - I invested with Neil Woodford at Invesco, amongst other UK equity funds, and always knew of his fondness for unlisted/smaller cos. I chose not to invest in his new fund because his investment approach was changing and often when 'star manager' changes their set-up something goes wrong; a new variable is introduced. Anthony Bolton at Fidelity was a legend in UK equities and then launched a Chinese equity investment trust, and it went south horribly.

How does this relate to MA? My impression is that he too was very successful until the late 1990s but, as I understand from reading those links to Barlcay Lieb a little earlier in the thread, since MA got out of prison (no doubt a horrible experience) too much has changed (including MA) and the inconsistencies on his calls have put me off being a Socrates subscriber. Maybe MA's own cycle is over; we all have our moment in the sun.

Yes Rentech appears to be the real deal and of course if you have found a great system for consistent profits why would you sell it?? MA's story is that he is selling his system for the little guy (yet always criticising other analysts who sell things) and therefore getting one back on the bankers but the inconsistencies mean the little guy has no chance if experienced traders on this board are struggling and no-one yet has put up evidence of how to trade repeatably and successfully using Socrates. So my conclusion is that it isn't for me although I will continue to watch developments if ever a public fund using Socrates was launched and still read the blog for the long term macro calls.

Let's face it - Who wouldn't want to read the blog of an investment forecaster who has had a film made about him, who has seen a UFO, has seen evidence of a perpetual motion machine, and who built a self-aware computer that self-destructed in WTC 7 - the building that fell down of it own accord.

Best wishes from UK  Cheesy
nattybear

Activity: 33

View Profile
July 17, 2019, 11:12:25 AM

Let's face it - Who wouldn't want to read the blog of an investment forecaster .... who built a self-aware computer that self-destructed in WTC 7 - the building that fell down of it own accord.

That is one I haven't heard before. Is that what MA claimed?
PennyWiseUK

Activity: 4

View Profile
July 17, 2019, 11:20:46 AM

He sure did....

From public blog June 2013.

https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/uncategorized/self-aware-artificial-intelligence/

AnonymousCoder

View Profile
July 17, 2019, 01:25:46 PM
Last edit: July 20, 2021, 06:33:05 PM by AnonymousCoder

If that is an Artificial Intelligence (an AI as the MA people say), then every light switch has one Tongue

Or in other words, my computer self-destructs every few years as well - a clear indication of AI and self-awareness.

Martin Armstrong is a charlatan, and he spent 11 years in jail for that reason but he has not changed.

See armstrongecmscam.blogspot.com for a more compact view of major findings posted in this blog.

Every single defrauded person should report their case, see Where and how to complain
Alex-11

Activity: 133

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2019, 01:36:42 PM

Martin Armstrong, his methods and systems have been thoroughly discredited in this forum. The chapter is closed. You re-open it, you get this message Kiss

well then, if you say that the majority has decided it, then it must be so. Cause the majority is never wrong?  hahaha.
I'm pretty sure I'm following the thread longer than you do (since 2015).
AnonymousCoder

View Profile
July 17, 2019, 01:42:44 PM
Last edit: July 20, 2021, 06:32:58 PM by AnonymousCoder

well then, if you say that the majority has decided it, then it must be so. Cause the majority is never wrong? hahaha.
I'm pretty sure I'm following the thread longer than you do (since 2015).

This discussion in this forum is a reflection of discovery and refinement of knowledge. Even a new web site has been created as a result of that https://armstrongecmscam.blogspot.com. This is not about me as you are implying.

You are stuck in the state at the beginning of this process (2015 as you say). Which is retarded (timeline).

trc4949

Activity: 61
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 17, 2019, 05:14:18 PM

So armstrong in his latest member blog post is offering a new 1500 per year subscription to track the DJIA which will include "video ongoing updates as needed for the next year".

And he saying that if August bar does not exceed July then a risk of a "decline into the fall"

Sounds like by him offering this new membership he is expecting a sharp move down in DJIA into 2020, and maybe this is the long talked about slingshot Huh!!!  which would be the buy of the centurY ?
ediface

Activity: 15

View Profile
July 17, 2019, 05:57:46 PM

https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/international-news/politics/gang-of-four-trying-to-start-race-wars/

"In my company, we are like the UN. We have EVERY race, creed, and gender among our ranks. I find it offensive that people like this are in the public eye and fanning the flames of violence. This type of speech only inspires hatred on both sides that some will use to justify violence against others. This is highly irresponsible and people like this do not belong in any public office. The man who fire bombed and tried to kill ICE workers was inspired by AOC. He adopted her characterization that they are holding people in  “concentration camps.” Meanwhile, the media is doing its best to ignore this attack because it would go against AOC. This type of rhetoric inspires people perhaps with mental issues to act."

Not once has anything been said by Mr. Armstrong condemning the racist, anti-religious, and misogynistic statements of the President of the United States. And this is his response to the condemnation of the line-in-the-sand tweet by the President of the United States. I am now completely done with any services provided by Mr. Armstrong.
MA_talk

Activity: 226
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 17, 2019, 06:15:20 PM

So armstrong in his latest member blog post is offering a new 1500 per year subscription to track the DJIA which will include "video ongoing updates as needed for the next year".

And he saying that if August bar does not exceed July then a risk of a "decline into the fall"

Sounds like by him offering this new membership he is expecting a sharp move down in DJIA into 2020, and maybe this is the long talked about slingshot Huh!!!  which would be the buy of the centurY ?

You can find the link to the actual "Greatest Trade of Century" from Armstrong himself, full 280 pages.

https://armstrongecmscam.blogspot.com/2019/07/greatest-trade-of-century-report-from.html

In the past, I would have gobbled up all 280 pages.  Now, I wouldn't even waste any time on it.  I just suggest that you go to the LAST page of the conclusion, and decide for yourself, whether that single page plus 279 pages of historical garbage is worth $3000 to you to attend the WEC.

"Great" read, seriously!  I bet 1000 people out of 1000 people who read that "great" report will have 5000 ways of making that killer trade of greatest trade of the century.  Ha Ha.  Sorry, it's just too hilarious, not to laugh at it.

Such "useful" reports from Armstrong!  And by the way, you can bet your house on it that Armstrong will claim a hugely successful prediction, if just 1 out of that 5000 ways of making that greatest trade of the century becomes remotely successful.

MA_talk

Activity: 226
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 17, 2019, 06:36:15 PM

In the case of Rentech, as far as the evidence is shown, with audited results, they DO seem to be the real deals.

The real deals have NO need to brag.  They are too busy "mining" real money for themselves.

Only the fakes and scams need to brag constantly, to keep the public mesmerized, and be fed with a constant stream of non-renewed subscriptions.

Seriously, if Armstrong's Socrates is as good as he claims, why is he doing so many posts every week?  Shouldn't he be busy just "mining" the money in stock markets, earn huge money, and donate to any charities that he choose (if he is really so charity-minded)?

The respected fund managers do weekly or quarterly commentaries.  This Armstrong does it probably more than once a day.

THINK ABOUT IT!

By the way, Armstrong can just ask his beloved Socrates to write posts, can't he?  It's a super AI, legendary beyond anything after all, as he claims.  Ha, Ha.  Sorry, can't help it.

Gumbi
Copper Member

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 17, 2019, 06:52:52 PM

https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/international-news/politics/gang-of-four-trying-to-start-race-wars/

"In my company, we are like the UN. We have EVERY race, creed, and gender among our ranks. I find it offensive that people like this are in the public eye and fanning the flames of violence. This type of speech only inspires hatred on both sides that some will use to justify violence against others. This is highly irresponsible and people like this do not belong in any public office. The man who fire bombed and tried to kill ICE workers was inspired by AOC. He adopted her characterization that they are holding people in  “concentration camps.” Meanwhile, the media is doing its best to ignore this attack because it would go against AOC. This type of rhetoric inspires people perhaps with mental issues to act."

Not once has anything been said by Mr. Armstrong condemning the racist, anti-religious, and misogynistic statements of the President of the United States. And this is his response to the condemnation of the line-in-the-sand tweet by the President of the United States. I am now completely done with any services provided by Mr. Armstrong.

There is nothing Trump has said that is racist or misogynistic you can only imply he is a racist or against women indirectly but that is possible for just about any statement made. There is no way you can win this argument logically it is purely emotional but you can quote something he said and try your best. It sounds to me like you are the being sexist implying men cannot insult women just because of their gender. This is political correctness which is a disease. We judge other people by ourselves so this says a lot more about you than it does Trump. I guess you also believe Trump raped 26 women since there have been about that many accusations, you just don't know how ugly politics can get.

So is it now a crime to be against the religion of Islam which has been one of the most murderous religions? Mohammed was a warlord, no other prophet has cut off so many heads.
unwashed

Activity: 53

View Profile
July 17, 2019, 07:01:04 PM

Sounds like by him offering this new membership he is expecting a sharp move down in DJIA into 2020, and maybe this is the long talked about slingshot Huh!!!  which would be the buy of the centurY ?

This is what annoys me the most about him. For months he has been saying how the Dow is in a consolidation and no new highs until 2020. But now he is pumping this 27K and not a word of 2020. Sorry but I didn't listen to him and saw this coming and added more position in my DIA, SPY and opened a new position in QQQ. Yes I anticipated base off of the weight of the evidence. I'd be happy to post my buys from about 1.5/2 weeks ago.

More importantly is the fact that 27k was a major resistance from 1/2018 which has created a triple top and the implications of a break is big. The longer the resistance(1.5 years) the greater the break/ascent. This, plus the fact we have a Head & Shoulders pattern which is normally a continuation pattern. On any breakout there is always a retracement, 27k in this case, so a decline into the fall is not unusual. Oh and the projection on price is from the Dec/18 low is 32,000 and from the first support around 24,000 it's 30,000. This is all TA, so no mystery.  

So, we have resistance at 27k for 1.5 yrs, triple top and a H&S pattern that's usually a continuation pattern. Plus indicators with room to move. Lets not forget millions of traders looking at the same charts and TA. To me this was a buy signal but didn't go to heavy but will buy more on the retracement. Which, if in all the excitement you missed the break is a good entry point.

I'm by no means an expert but this works for me and is available to anyone who wants to use it. Just some observation and actions I took. I guess my point is this could all be done with some research, training and willingness to take the hits(losses) for hardly any cost. In all the years reading MA, buying 1 report and attending 2015 WEC I always fall back on my charts and TA to buy and sell.
nattybear

Activity: 33

View Profile
July 17, 2019, 07:57:36 PM

There is nothing Trump has said that is racist or misogynistic you can only imply he is a racist or against women indirectly but that is possible for just about any statement made. There is no way you can win this argument logically it is purely emotional but you can quote something he said and try your best. It sounds to me like you are the being sexist implying men cannot insult women just because of their gender. This is political correctness which is a disease. We judge other people by ourselves so this says a lot more about you than it does Trump. I guess you also believe Trump raped 26 women since there have been about that many accusations, you just don't know how ugly politics can get.

So is it now a crime to be against the religion of Islam which has been one of the most murderous religions? Mohammed was a warlord, no other prophet has cut off so many heads.

Keep the highlight wheel moving Gumbi. A short (and I mean very short) read of Trump's twitter feed and you'll find plenty of direct and implied racism.

A comment that discredits or demeans others only on the grounds of race or ethnicity is the foundation of racism... But interesting that you would choose this topic to defend on a blog that showcases the factual sham that is MA/Socrates.
ediface

Activity: 15

View Profile
July 17, 2019, 08:25:26 PM

"In my company, we are like the UN. We have EVERY race, creed, and gender among our ranks. I find it offensive that people like this are in the public eye and fanning the flames of violence. This type of speech only inspires hatred on both sides that some will use to justify violence against others. This is highly irresponsible and people like this do not belong in any public office. The man who fire bombed and tried to kill ICE workers was inspired by AOC. He adopted her characterization that they are holding people in  “concentration camps.” Meanwhile, the media is doing its best to ignore this attack because it would go against AOC. This type of rhetoric inspires people perhaps with mental issues to act."

Your words, which happen to be littered with fallacies, say enough about you that I don't need to address them.
Gumbi
Copper Member

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 17, 2019, 08:30:02 PM

Keep the highlight wheel moving Gumbi. A short (and I mean very short) read of Trump's twitter feed and you'll find plenty of direct and implied racism.

A comment that discredits or demeans others only on the grounds of race or ethnicity is the foundation of racism... But interesting that you would choose this topic to defend on a blog that showcases the factual sham that is MA/Socrates.

I guess half the population must be racist then for voting for him and is the favorite to win in 2020 as well so most Americans just don't buy it. You live in the world of make believe you have been completely brainwashed by the main stream media you simply are incapable of thinking for yourself. If it is so obvious that he is racist Why don't you quote me something Trump said? It wont stand up against common sense.

I represent myself nobody else. I challenge you quote something that is clearly racism by Trump?
AnonymousCoder

View Profile
July 17, 2019, 08:35:27 PM
Last edit: July 20, 2021, 06:32:49 PM by AnonymousCoder

Cherry Picking is the Name of the Game

"What makes gold go up? That's when the confidence in government declines" we hear from the "Legendary geopolitical and financial analyst Martin Armstrong".

zerohedge https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-07-17/martin-armstrong-warns-epstein-case-could-shake-global-confidence quotes the usawatchdog.com Greg Hunter interview at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFrNf5VSfPs&feature=youtu.be

It is not new. But it does not hurt to promote it once again, does it?

In the interview, Martin Armstrong predicts that Gold would have a correction to $1350, $1360. Now while it is up at 1427, just claim the opposite. He can't get it right. Socrates cannot get it right:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1082909.msg51666429#msg51666429

Again, in the interview, he mentions his conferences three times e.g.

35:00 ... Conference Orlando people from 30 - 40 different countries, usually over 3 trillion dollars sitting in that room. People are there from all over, I mean, we even get Central Banks attending.

That's what it is all about. Follow the money. See you in Orlando.

Pages: « 1 ... 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 [278] 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 ... 373 »
  Print  

Jump to: