Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 07:38:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why I'm an atheist  (Read 88812 times)
af_newbie
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2019, 09:41:28 PM

PS. God is doing shit.  Hey God, you little fuck, get in here and post my PIN number.

I killed badecker's god years ago.  I am the real Vod.

Your PIN is (obviously) 6969.

LOL.

You have entered an incorrect pin number.  Please try again ...

Does any other God, Fod, Tod, Yod, Hod, or Bod want to try?

Deylandra

Activity: 54
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 07, 2019, 02:58:16 AM

Humans evolved religion as a trait for a reason.

Because it helped us survive.

Deylandra.io – a crypto currency designed to strip the 1% of their power.
Trading (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1455
Merit: 1033

Nothing like healthy scepticism and hard evidence

View Profile
September 28, 2019, 11:43:44 PM

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41586-019-1043-4
An all powerful and omniscient god, who enforces a moral code and is aware of all sins, only was invented when the first urban societies were created.

Only on these societies someone could act in violation of social rules with some chance of avoiding punishment. On a small clan community this is much harder to happen.

Hence, a god with functions of moral/religious enforcer only was invented when social needs made this necessary.

This can explain the enduring animist religions who ruled for millennia and their overcome by gods with moral functions and omniscient and omnipotent qualities after the formation and development of urban societies.

The first god with moral functions seems to be Maat, daughter of the god Ra, about 5000 years ago, on Egypt.

As the State became more powerful (and modern surveillance techniques are increasing their role: China is the best example), the need for a divine enforcer of social rules disappeared. This can also explain religious tolerance from the authorities.

The Rock Trading Exchange forges its order books with bots, uses them to scam customers and is trying to appropriate 35000 euro from a forum member https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4975753.0
HmmMAA

Activity: 1111
Merit: 584

View Profile
September 29, 2019, 08:36:00 PM

I wholeheartedly agree with your take. I cannot call myself a hardcore christian but I do occasionally pay my respects when at a church or saying a prayer. It of course could be written off as me being influenced during my upbringing but I have found these small acts to provide me with some form of safety, like it's a part of me. I do not see the need to distance myself from the idea of belief completely, since the best course of action is simply to not expect anything, but rather see for myself. But I do believe that many of the teachings of many religions across the world are flawed and barbaric by today's standard of society. That is to say that although there have been some really bad, entitled and egocentric apples I have met some incredible people through my life such as priests that are hard working and kind people. In the end, religion should not decide ones life and more importantly it should not decide others opinions towards that person. I personally treat it as another attribute of someone who is ultimately just another human being like me, and I treat his beliefs and his religion with respect, since berating them and downgrading their beliefs won't bring about anything.

"It is hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong." Thomas Sowell
Cnut237
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277

View Profile
September 30, 2019, 10:27:47 AM

For me the question "Does God exist?" is not the important one. We can't prove it either way, and so we'll never settle any arguments or change any opinions based on answers to this question.

I think the more pertinent question is: "If we assume that God exists, then should (s)he be worshipped?"

I am an atheist, but even if it could be proven that God exists, I would still argue that they shouldn't be worshipped. Why? Because to do so is to deny our own freedom and our own responsibility for our own actions. If every murderer could say 'God designed me to be a murderer,' then no-one has any accountability. It is like being a child. Everything is always someone else's fault. But if instead we say 'I am an individual with free will, every action I take or do not take is a result of my own decisions,' then I just think that is a better and more honest way to live.

BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 1373

View Profile
September 30, 2019, 01:22:27 PM

^^^ God is proven to exist simply because the marvels and wonders of nature exist. We of all people should be able to see God in nature. And actually we do.

The complexities of nature are shown to not exist when we simply toss a handful of sand into the air. We can't make the complexities happen. Yet they DO exist in the ways the sand falls to the ground, and in the patterns that come about in the fall. But we didn't originate the complex patterns. We just acted and they happened.

In our machinery that we make, the more the complexity, the more the thought that had to go into them to make them complex. Yet we are barely starting to understand the complexity of the whole universe.

If you want to call nature God, then at least you have recognized that nature is way mor complex in itself than we are.

God exists. Nature shows it. And one of the greatest points that shows God is that we are complex enough, and strong enough, within ourselves, that we can deny God in the face of all the complexity in nature that shows that He exists.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
bitcoin-shark

Activity: 2856
Merit: 605

View Profile
September 30, 2019, 06:53:28 PM

i am a non-believer then an atheist and i will remain so at least until i see a miracle with my eyes, mens,mankind have done over the course of millennia horrible atrocities in the name of faith/religion
like burning witches, crusades, torture, the bible is full of parables, teachings of dubious interpretation, to finish someone can dispute with tangible evidence that it was not the aliens millions of years ago to put living cells in water on earth (create life)? ...
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
October 01, 2019, 12:14:19 AM

i am a non-believer then an atheist and i will remain so at least until i see a miracle with my eyes, mens,mankind have done over the course of millennia horrible atrocities in the name of faith/religion
like burning witches, crusades, torture, the bible is full of parables, teachings of dubious interpretation, to finish someone can dispute with tangible evidence that it was not the aliens millions of years ago to put living cells in water on earth (create life)? ...

Here's you miracle... blade of grass.

Nobody can make one, but countless trillions of them grow automatically.

We can automate machinery to make many things, but we can't make one to duplicate itself from scratch without being fed the raw materials.

But the second biggest miracle - way bigger than a blade of grass - is that some people can't see all the miracles around them in nature.

Maybe I'll tell you about the biggest miracle, sometime.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Renampun

Activity: 2310
Merit: 362

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2019, 11:21:02 AM

For me the question "Does God exist?" is not the important one. We can't prove it either way, and so we'll never settle any arguments or change any opinions based on answers to this question.

I think the more pertinent question is: "If we assume that God exists, then should (s)he be worshipped?"
I respect every opinion they think about the existence of God,
but there is one thing we must know about the existence of God,
"God is in our hearts, its existence is like the wind, it cannot be seen but can be felt"
there are people who believe in cryptocurrencies, but there are also those who refuse to believe,
the choice is in us. slowly, sooner or later surely your heart and mind will accept God.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
af_newbie
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2019, 06:03:30 PM

I respect every opinion they think about the existence of God,
but there is one thing we must know about the existence of God,
"God is in our hearts, its existence is like the wind, it cannot be seen but can be felt"
there are people who believe in cryptocurrencies, but there are also those who refuse to believe,
the choice is in us. slowly, sooner or later surely your heart and mind will accept God.

I am an atheist because I cannot "feel" God.  People who talk about their feelings as though it is the "truth" don't impress me much.

Most are delusional sheep who follow the culturally-driven customes and traditions that were nailed into their brains since childhood.

Religious people lack critical thinking skills.  You don't believe me?  Ask them the why questions.

"Why do you believe in XXX?"  (XXX could be Jesus or Allah)
"Why don't you believe in YYY?" (YYY could be Zeus)
"Why do you believe that ZZZ book is the word of God but not the UUU book?"
"Why do you believe that fictional characters (Jesus or Moses) were real?"

Depending on their answer you can further question them about their "beliefs".  What will happen that in the end (if they remain honest about it) is that they will tell you that they have no actual, factual reason to believe in the supernatural claims, but they will still continue their beliefs because it makes them feel good, or that it is to better their communities, make friends in church, sing songs, have a place where they feel they belong, etc. LOL.

The reason is not their friend.

man22555

Activity: 430
Merit: 251

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 02, 2019, 06:46:06 PM

Religion was meant to explain the world & universe to as much people as possible. Everything unexplainable got replaced by 'god'.

So actually, being religious is totally outdated.  Wink

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
October 02, 2019, 10:02:28 PM

Almost all the atheists who are serious about their atheism, have chosen to make themselves into gods. After all, just because a person doesn't see God somewhere he looked, doesn't mean that God doesn't exist somewhere he hasn't looked. This means that God could be somewhere in almost all of the universe, and in loads of different places right on Earth that people haven't checked out yet.

Cool

minersday

Activity: 1484
Merit: 535

View Profile
October 03, 2019, 05:51:51 AM

I am an atheist, but even if it could be proven that God exists, I would still argue that they shouldn't be worshipped. Why? Because to do so is to deny our own freedom and our own responsibility for our own actions. If every murderer could say 'God designed me to be a murderer,' then no-one has any accountability. It is like being a child. Everything is always someone else's fault. But if instead we say 'I am an individual with free will, every action I take or do not take is a result of my own decisions,' then I just think that is a better and more honest way to live.

You don't need proof to believe the existence  of God, you just need to believe.  We can't see the air we breath in but yet still we believe that what we breathing is air. If you don't believe in the existence of God, keep it to yourself. Don't try to rationalize things based on nature of things people do. When you die, thus when you will know whether God exist or not...
notbatman
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
October 03, 2019, 06:59:06 AM

"...1) God is a human creation..."

...TL;DR

We live on an artificially lit plain under a composite steel dome, its scale and size can only be explained by giants as gods. Your wall of text is both heretical and un-scientific, your work is of the Devil.
Renampun

Activity: 2310
Merit: 362

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2019, 08:58:10 AM

I am an atheist because I cannot "feel" God.  People who talk about their feelings as though it is the "truth" don't impress me much.

Most are delusional sheep who follow the culturally-driven customes and traditions that were nailed into their brains since childhood.

Religious people lack critical thinking skills.  You don't believe me?  Ask them the why questions.
"Faith is a form of trust & recognition for the unseen"
how you can "feel" God without accepting it, you can feel the benefits of the cryptocurrency because you accept and believe it,
I can't explain the presence of God in detail but I always feel his presence when I'm having a hard time,
I respect if you think it's a doctrine that was planted since childhood,
but humans did not create themselves (through the merging of cells for millions of years).

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
af_newbie
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2019, 01:14:34 PM

"Faith is a form of trust & recognition for the unseen"
how you can "feel" God without accepting it, you can feel the benefits of the cryptocurrency because you accept and believe it,
I can't explain the presence of God in detail but I always feel his presence when I'm having a hard time,
I respect if you think it's a doctrine that was planted since childhood,
but humans did not create themselves (through the merging of cells for millions of years).

Bitcoin is different from God.  I see the benefits of Bitcoin because I understand it (as I did in 2011, LOL).

Nobody can even define what God is.

Start with that.

PS. Just because you are ignorant of science, it is not an excuse to invent answers to your questions.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2019, 01:06:48 AM

Bitcoin is different from God.  I see the benefits of Bitcoin because I understand it (as I did in 2011, LOL).

Start with that.

PS. Just because you are ignorant of science, it is not an excuse to invent answers to your questions.

Thank you for defining God for us. As you defined, God is an Entity Who is so great that He is undefinable.

Cool

af_newbie
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2019, 03:02:18 AM

Bitcoin is different from God.  I see the benefits of Bitcoin because I understand it (as I did in 2011, LOL).

Start with that.

Thank you for defining God for us. As you defined, God is an Entity Who is so great that He is undefinable.

Cool

How can you assign any additional attributes to some abstract construct that cannot be even defined?

You don't even know what you believe and why?

God is undefined and non-detectable.  Just like anything that does not exist.

JonMak0987Bitch

Activity: 76
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2019, 12:03:10 PM

Of course, I respect the opinions of other people. Everyone has the right to believe or not to believe. But it seems to me that if you think a little bit and delve into the essence of the issue, it will become clear that the biblical writings are very incorrect, not suitable for the present, and contradict themselves. Therefore, I am an atheist.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2019, 04:04:25 PM

Start with that.

Cool

How can you assign any additional attributes to some abstract construct that cannot be even defined?

You don't even know what you believe and why?

God is undefined and non-detectable.  Just like anything that does not exist.

Here is what you are missing.

You define attributes to people you can't see, by looking at the results of their actions. For example. You received your hands and arms for free. But if you lose them, there isn't any replacing of them. But if science figures out how to make you regrow them, science will want a lot of money from you to give them back to you. And even then science will be using the machinery of God that God placed in the universe.

God has given your hands and arms to you free... at least the first time around. And when you consider the greatness of the universe that He gave you and all people, you can see that at least part of the definition of God is great love. And when you see that He continues His love for you even though you want to reject Him, you are being shown that the definition of God is great love that bends over backwards to love you.

We make all our machines from examples of the machinery of the universe. Machines have makers. Machine-universe was made by Someone Who was great enough to make such machinery. The definition of Someone great enough to make machine-universe is the definition that we have of God.

Cool

Pages: « 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 »
  Print  

Jump to: