Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 01:01:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 [129] 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 ... 246 »
  Print  
Author Topic: margin terminal is now FREE - bots for over 30 exchanges  (Read 268520 times)
leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2017, 08:28:17 PM

HI Guys. I'm really loving LeonArdo. I now have it running on a Linux VPS after some initial troubles setting it up.

Still trying to learn the best way to get a profit out of it - so far any small to medium gains it does make seem to get wiped out by one big dip in one of the pairs it's working on.

On the margin maker bot for example I'm struggling to get the right parameters set so that a 10-15% dip in value doesn't stop the bot. I'm posting two examples - in both I set a stop loss of around 5-8% and a negative minimum margin of -1.0% - -2.% but it seems the bot ignored the dropping price completely until it reached the stop-loss value.

How can I best set the stop loss and negative minimum effective gain % so that the bot keeps trading effectively even after a 10=15% drop in price?

The negative minimum gain forces that you won't make a loss more that x% between a buy and a sell.
The stop loss sells at x% as a downside protection and stops the bot.

If you want the strategy to continue you would have to set a bigger % for stop loss.
Hope that helps.

All the best,

Rene

Right (thanks for your response), but as you can see in the screenshots, the first trades made an effective loss that was bigger than the negative minimum gain - so shouldn't it have sold before it even reached the stop loss?

The reason for that loss was the stop loss which triggered the sell.  So with a bigger stop loss % the strategy wouldn't have sold. Setting a lower* stop loss would have prevented the sell in this case.

Hope that helps!

*lower= lower price = bigger acceptable loss

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
frodev

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 08:34:39 PM

HI Guys. I'm really loving LeonArdo. I now have it running on a Linux VPS after some initial troubles setting it up.

Still trying to learn the best way to get a profit out of it - so far any small to medium gains it does make seem to get wiped out by one big dip in one of the pairs it's working on.

On the margin maker bot for example I'm struggling to get the right parameters set so that a 10-15% dip in value doesn't stop the bot. I'm posting two examples - in both I set a stop loss of around 5-8% and a negative minimum margin of -1.0% - -2.% but it seems the bot ignored the dropping price completely until it reached the stop-loss value.

How can I best set the stop loss and negative minimum effective gain % so that the bot keeps trading effectively even after a 10=15% drop in price?

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4568/27132915409_6cabb9d040_o.png

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4586/25038073888_f90c9dc487_o.png

The negative minimum gain forces that you won't make a loss more that x% between a buy and a sell.

If you want the strategy to continue you would have to set a bigger % for stop loss.
Hope that helps.

All the best,

Rene

Right (thanks for your response), but as you can see in the screenshots, the first trades made an effective loss that was bigger than the negative minimum gain - so shouldn't it have sold before it even reached the stop loss?

The reason for that loss was the stop loss which triggered the sell.  So with a bigger stop loss % the strategy wouldn't have sold. Setting a lower* stop loss would have prevented the sell in this case.

Hope that helps!

Ok thank you. I'm struggling a bit to get my head around what the negative minimum gain value means in practice and how it interacts with the other variables. I understand how it works as a positive value - I think, but as a negative value it's a bit confusing.

So given a negative value of -2.0 as an example - does that mean if the price drops more than 2% (of the buy price) that the bot will sell at that point and then resume buying to attempt a profitable trade? or is there something else I'm missing?

The losses it made in those screenshots were last night. Since then I've changed the stop losses to higher % values and have seen  the loss from last night recovered *but* there haven't been any huge dips yet like there were last night, so still need to test a bit more. I'm slowly getting to a point where I think I understand all the parameters enough to set things up to make steady gains... Almost.

maximil

Activity: 17

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 09:20:22 PM

Is there any way to navigate a large list of coins in Leonardo easily? The list at the top is not good at all. Clunky and slow.

As a day trader, it is critical to be able to navigate dozens or even a hundred or more pairs instantly.

I'm finding it impossible to do that on Leonardo so far, unless I'm missing some feature.

Also, and just to be honest here... the charts are pretty rough looking, especially the 1 minute candle charts. Is there any way you could incorporate tradingview charts into it?

We hear ya in terms of the top bar/overview area! A re-design of that area in on our wish list.
In terms of the charts we tend to dis agree. Maybe there is a display issue on you system?
If you send a screenshot on, we are happy to take a look!

All the best,

Rene

Would be cool to, have a low rate call to Coinmarketcap* it's API.
To then add a percentage to the coin list.

It's a veryveryvery neat hotfix to add more value to the current design imo.

If only this bot were open source :c
marchutan

Activity: 4

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 11:04:44 PM

Hello. I installed a demo version and when I try to open the programm I get this error https://image.prntscr.com/image/CV7dnyUyTcu3uA3jfZ1Ktg.png . I have a windows 10 and all versions of framework and visial c++ are installed. Can somebody help me to figure out what is wrong?
mafia

Activity: 641
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 12:49:59 AM

Hey team. Only a few days left till end of year. Is the next release still on target Smiley
Amaralluis

Activity: 132
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 02:10:28 AM

Hope that helps.

All the best,

Rene

Hope that helps!

Ok thank you. I'm struggling a bit to get my head around what the negative minimum gain value means in practice and how it interacts with the other variables. I understand how it works as a positive value - I think, but as a negative value it's a bit confusing.

So given a negative value of -2.0 as an example - does that mean if the price drops more than 2% (of the buy price) that the bot will sell at that point and then resume buying to attempt a profitable trade? or is there something else I'm missing?

The losses it made in those screenshots were last night. Since then I've changed the stop losses to higher % values and have seen  the loss from last night recovered *but* there haven't been any huge dips yet like there were last night, so still need to test a bit more. I'm slowly getting to a point where I think I understand all the parameters enough to set things up to make steady gains... Almost.

The negative eff gain % does not work the way you think.
The eff gain will only kick in *when* the SELL price is actually lower than what the BUY price was.

Now I have not been able to confirm if the % is from the buy price or the actual sell price *once* its below of the buy price.
dbolivar

Activity: 119

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 02:18:42 AM

Hello. I installed a demo version and when I try to open the programm I get this error . I have a windows 10 and all versions of framework and visial c++ are installed. Can somebody help me to figure out what is wrong?

Do you happen to have Bitdefender installed? I used to get these same errors (not on opening the app, though, but after some time), and they were 100% gone after I added "C:\Program Files (x86)\mArgin-leonArdo\leonardo.exe" to Bitdefender's Advanced Threat Defense exclusions. Now it runs 100% stable for hours and hours, without a single crash. Even if you don't use Bitdefender but another antivirus, try something equivalent and see how it goes.
dbolivar

Activity: 119

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 02:33:52 AM

How fast does this bot trade and keep charts updated with bittrex? Is it as fast as being directly on the bittrex site, or is there a delay/lag in the order book, charts, buys and sells?

Is it faster than the delay between coinigy/bittrex?

Lastly, why does Windows warn me that your demo is dangerous and I should not run it.

I used to use Bittrex, but now I moved to Bitfinex, because their API is faster (at least for my use). Bittrex uses a REST API, while Bitfinex uses Websockets, which are more appropriate for this kind of scenario (lots of pushes from the server side, realtime updates etc.). As far as I know, only Bitfinex implements Websockets. The exchanges have different policies, fees etc., so check that before choosing one. If trading performance is the most important thing, I'd recommend Bitfinex.

Trading with leonArdo is MUCH, much better than with the website interface (Bittrex or Bitfinex). Try the demo and you'll surprise yourself. And regarding the Windows Defender warning, it's a false-positive, you can safely run the app.
Chimaera

Activity: 42

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 03:46:25 AM

@frodev - you also might try changing the Stop Loss setting from Relative to Absolute. I found that in the Relative mode the Stop Loss will trend with the direction of the margin range. This could result in a percentage loss greater than what was set from the original buy price.
marchutan

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 06:31:12 AM

Hello. I installed a demo version and when I try to open the programm I get this error https://image.prntscr.com/image/CV7dnyUyTcu3uA3jfZ1Ktg.png . I have a windows 10 and all versions of framework and visial c++ are installed. Can somebody help me to figure out what is wrong?

Do you happen to have Bitdefender installed? I used to get these same errors (not on opening the app, though, but after some time), and they were 100% gone after I added "C:\Program Files (x86)\mArgin-leonArdo\leonardo.exe" to Bitdefender's Advanced Threat Defense exclusions. Now it runs 100% stable for hours and hours, without a single crash. Even if you don't use Bitdefender but another antivirus, try something equivalent and see how it goes.
Added to exclusions on antivirus and windows firewall, but still nothing changed. Also, I tried to install it on my laptop with windows 10, the same error.
naska21

Activity: 1358
Merit: 635

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 06:50:10 AM

Hello. I installed a demo version and when I try to open the programm I get this error . I have a windows 10 and all versions of framework and visial c++ are installed. Can somebody help me to figure out what is wrong?
I had also this error  a few times when closing window of Leonardo (Windows 10 v1703) but I didn't pay attention on that as after launch it functioned normally.
frodev

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 10:14:35 AM

Hope that helps.

All the best,

Rene

Hope that helps!

The negative eff gain % does not work the way you think.
The eff gain will only kick in *when* the SELL price is actually lower than what the BUY price was.

Now I have not been able to confirm if the % is from the buy price or the actual sell price *once* its below of the buy price.

Thanks, I've played around with it a bit more and it's starting to make sense now, as you said. I think I've nailed it.

+6.5% gains in the last 21hrs, no errors or unexpected losses while I slept (only small losses of up to 1%). I need to do a few more days of testing with my small bankroll of BTC 0.007 before I start to take it seriously, but it's looking very promising Smiley
frodev

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 10:21:21 AM

@frodev - you also might try changing the Stop Loss setting from Relative to Absolute. I found that in the Relative mode the Stop Loss will trend with the direction of the margin range. This could result in a percentage loss greater than what was set from the original buy price.

I'm pretty sure the stop loss is only "dynamic" while you don't have holdings in that pair. as soon as you buy some, the stop loss locks in until the next sell.

If I were to set stoploss as absolute then large swings in price could potentially mess up the gains of that strategy. Like I said in my last post, I seem to have the settings pretty much nailed. If I can tweak them enough that I'm averaging 10% gains over 24 hours I'll be a happy hobbit. (6.6% gains so far over the last 21 hours but need some more real data to get a better idea of average)...
frodev

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 10:39:23 AM

+6.5% gains in the last 21hrs, no errors or unexpected losses while I slept ...

I spoke a little too soon. While I didn't get any errors or unexpected large losses while I slept, I just checked over all the running strategies more carefully, and while all 6 were still running, all but one of them were stuck on buy orders that were way out of range (far below the current buy price) of the current time window range. I had to stop all these orders and start them again and now it's all back to normal.  I have no idea what caused this.

I still stand at 6.5% gains in the last 21 hours though - it probably would be closer to 7.5% if the above hadn't happened.
leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2017, 01:43:55 PM

Hey team. Only a few days left till end of year. Is the next release still on target Smiley

Hi mafia,

great to hear from you! Smiley
Yes. The release is on target and we are looking forward to the release next week.

All the best,

Rene

JorisLit

Activity: 8

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 01:46:01 PM

Hi mafia,

great to hear from you! Smiley
Yes. The release is on target and we are looking forward to the release next week.

All the best,

Rene

That would be asome. Time to invest in a vps.
marchutan

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 02:01:50 PM

@leonArdo@margin, I'm sorry for interrupting you but can you help me with solving this problem?
leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2017, 02:17:58 PM

@leonArdo@margin, I'm sorry for interrupting you but can you help me with solving this problem?

Is leonArdo crashing  immediately after starting it? Do you see the login windows at all?

All the best,

Rene

leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2017, 02:22:06 PM
Last edit: December 10, 2017, 01:04:36 PM by leonArdo@margin

+6.5% gains in the last 21hrs, no errors or unexpected losses while I slept ...

I spoke a little too soon. While I didn't get any errors or unexpected large losses while I slept, I just checked over all the running strategies more carefully, and while all 6 were still running, all but one of them were stuck on buy orders that were way out of range (far below the current buy price) of the current time window range. I had to stop all these orders and start them again and now it's all back to normal.  I have no idea what caused this.

I still stand at 6.5% gains in the last 21 hours though - it probably would be closer to 7.5% if the above hadn't happened.

Sounds like the price just moved away from the expected window. If you reduce your statistical window (and maybe even max order age) these order will be replaced closer to the current price.
But that might not always be the desired behavior.

All the best,

Rene

Edit: I suggest also not using max amounts when trading with the mArgin maker bot as if the market moves away you might not have the funds to place the next order...

marchutan

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 02:26:23 PM

Is leonArdo crashing  immediately after starting it? Do you see the login windows at all?

All the best,

Rene

It does not even open: I click on the icon and then the error occure immediately.
Pages: « 1 ... 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 [129] 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 ... 246 »
  Print  

Jump to: