Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 11:16:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 [94] 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 ... 246 »
  Print  
Author Topic: margin terminal is now FREE - bots for over 30 exchanges  (Read 268521 times)
leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2017, 10:01:12 PM

Can someone explain about min.effective gain? I don't understand what it does.

When I create a bot I set buying and selling windows and Eff.margin is calculated based on that window let say 1%
So if I put 1btc worth on that bot it will buy when price reach bottom blue bar and sell when it reach top and I will gain 1% of 1 BTC which is 0.01 BTC

What does min. eff. gain do in this case if I set it to -1, 0, and 1 % ?

If you set it a 0 it does nothing.
If you set it at a posive value it will cause a sell as soon the coin price increase by that amount in relation to the buy. Ie, buy at 1.00 and eff gain 5%, then if price reaches 5.00 it sells regardless of the eff margin being 10%.

If you set with a negative value it behaves completely differently from the positive values.

First it the sell margin % has to fall below the buy price and then the bot starts creating sells orders at a loss up to the eff gain %. ie, you buy a coin at 1.00 and the sell margin was a nice 5% (so eff margin is 5%).
The coin value would have to drop those 5% or more for the sell margin to be below 1.00 for the eff gain % to kick in.

For positive what if min.eff gain is larger than eff.margin? would it wait until min.eff gain meet or sell at eff.margin

For negative I still don't get it. If I buy at 1btc eff.margin is 5% and I set min.eff to -1 when will this take effect? when price drop to 0.95btc? How thats different from stop-loss %

>> For positive what if min.eff gain is larger than eff.margin? would it wait until min.eff gain meet or sell at eff.margin

The mArgin maker bot sets the price of the next buy or sell dependent on the current statistics - which change over time as new trades enter the trade window. That's the first thing. However, before the bot places an order it checks the Min effective gain parameter. Does placing the order violate the Min effective gain? In your case above the answer is yes. If you set a Min effective gain of 10% the bot has to place the order at a price that delivers a 10% gain, after trading fees, from the previous trade that went through.

>> For negative I still don't get it. If I buy at 1btc eff.margin is 5% and I set min.eff to -1 when will this take effect? when price drop to 0.95btc? How thats different from stop-loss %

Allowing the bot to make a loss, by setting a negative Min effective gain, means that if the bot buys but after that the price falls the bot can potentially continue to trade. To keep things simple, you set a Min effective gain of -1% and the bot buys at a price of 1 BTC. If the price drops below 1 BTC and never recovers, then without a negative Min effective gain it would never place another trade. With it turned on the bot has a chance to place a sell order as low as 0.99 BTC, which might mean it can make a number of trades thereafter which make gains.

Of course there are no guarantees.

It's different from stop-loss because stop-loss is an event that also stops the bot. That's your get out of the market because you are not prepared to make a single cent more of a loss than where you place your stop loss.

Jonathan, have you equationed changing how the bot places a buy order after a sell is made because of the negative eff gain%?

Right now the bot will calculate a new buy order based on the buy margin % as it normally does but from my relative short experience playing with it, perhaps it would be more profitable to have the bot place a buy order at whatever the price is right away.
What I am seeing is that when the sell order is executed the price is swinging up and it misses on a possible profitable situation.
What I am suggesting is when a sell order is completed because of the eff min gain % to place a buy order immediately and after the buy order is filled to set up a sell order based on the first buy order that generated the loss plus the eff min gain % to try to recover the amount of the loss.
example buy at 1btc, the price drops and when the sell takes place at 0.9btc (-1%) make a buy at whatever the price is (hopefully at 0.9btc) and then create a sell at (1btc + 0.1%+fees) 1.1btc and then the bot resumes from it.

I have to say that I have really thought too much if this is a good strategy or not but I have been using startegies with -1 and -2% eff gains % and everytime the sell happens the price is going up. This causes the bot to place a buy order that is way too low and it might take alot of time for it to catch up with the coin if the price stays stable or keeps going up.

Thanks for your suggestion.

This is unfortunate when it happens, but of course anything can happen after the sell goes through. The market could also become bearish - in which case the current placement of the buy order would be correct. Or the market could level out which currently the mArgin maker bot could also take advantage of after a bit of time and the statistic window narrows.

The mArgin maker bot won't be adapted except perhaps to add a "number of cycles" parameter that some people have asked for.

What we are concentrating instead on is generalizing our current bot code to make it relatively straightforward to add new bots. Once that is done correctly it should be possible to quickly add new bots that take advantage of leonArdo's indicator framework (current ones like Bollinger bands, MACD, EMA etc. and new ones we will add like RSI). Maybe not immediately, but soon thereafter we will look at ways to achieve confluence - combining bots strategies in meaningful ways to get even better performance. At yet another future point it is our intention to release a strategy editor which will let you have full control over the strategies you want to create. You won't need to be a programmer to create your own personalized condition based strategies.

But please note that we are already dealing with a very sophistic piece of software and not just a script or something else that can easily be adapted. Re-working the way bots are created and visualized is a very large piece of work.

So I ask you guys to have patience with us and know that we are all working to full capacity now to make leonArdo much better.

Thanks for listening.

Jonathan

"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sarannah

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 06:32:34 AM

You have to be an existing leonArdo customer to purchase

Does this mean that leonArdo cloud price is $89+$38?

Check in on bots using your phone/tablet

Can i check it using Mac?
sarunw

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 09:21:55 AM

I set Max.order age [hrs] to 0.1 but buy order hanging there for 4 hours. From my understanding buy order should be cancel and replace every 0.1 hour which is 6 minutes?
leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2017, 09:24:25 AM

You have to be an existing leonArdo customer to purchase

Does this mean that leonArdo cloud price is $89+$38?

Check in on bots using your phone/tablet

Can i check it using Mac?

Sorry, but we do not offer leonArdo cloud anymore. We only introduced it to let customers see how we like to use leonArdo, but it actually cost us money to run it.

But please look around and find a VPS provider you like and go for it!

Yes, you can check in on how leonArdo is doing using Microsoft Remote Desktop on a Mac.

Best wishes,
Jonathan

leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2017, 09:27:17 AM

I set Max.order age [hrs] to 0.1 but buy order hanging there for 4 hours. From my understanding buy order should be cancel and replace every 0.1 hour which is 6 minutes?

The order won't get replaced if replacing it would place it at the very same price.

It could be that that order is constrained by another parameter like a Min effective gain or a Do not sell below etc. That would keep it fixed there and mean it won't get updated.

I hope that explains it.

If not, please post a screenshot and I'll take a look. If you don't want to post here publicly you can send me a mail to support@marginsoftware.de

Best wishes,
Jonathan

defvader

Activity: 26

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 11:04:06 AM

The mArgin maker bot won't be adapted except perhaps to add a "number of cycles" parameter that some people have asked for.

What we are concentrating instead on is generalizing our current bot code to make it relatively straightforward to add new bots. Once that is done correctly it should be possible to quickly add new bots that take advantage of leonArdo's indicator framework (current ones like Bollinger bands, MACD, EMA etc. and new ones we will add like RSI). Maybe not immediately, but soon thereafter we will look at ways to achieve confluence - combining bots strategies in meaningful ways to get even better performance. At yet another future point it is our intention to release a strategy editor which will let you have full control over the strategies you want to create. You won't need to be a programmer to create your own personalized condition based strategies.

But please note that we are already dealing with a very sophistic piece of software and not just a script or something else that can easily be adapted. Re-working the way bots are created and visualized is a very large piece of work.

So I ask you guys to have patience with us and know that we are all working to full capacity now to make leonArdo much better.

Thanks for listening.

Jonathan

I am incredibly excited about the future of leonArdo! Your path will undoubtedly lead to greatee success of your product and for us, the users of it. Thank you for actively engaging us. It means a lot and shows how committed you are to the platform. We are lucky to have you as a dev.

defvader

Activity: 26

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 11:25:56 AM

Hi everyone! I created a Discord chat for anyone that wants to come and discuss the bot, strategies and pair suggestions. You're all welcome to join.

https://discord.gg/Qf2MYf

nolife141

Activity: 6

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 02:39:00 PM

Hello Jonathan,

I got error with my Bitfinex account,

see the capture : https://imgur.com/a/Up0M3

My orders appears and disappears. I cannot trade.

And when I try demo Bitfinex, my software crash after couples minutes with no message.

Thx for the help.

leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2017, 06:22:11 PM

And when I try demo Bitfinex, my software crash after couples minutes with no message.

Thx for the help.

Are you still having problems with Bittrex? We are investigating some recent changes on the polling limits over at Bittrex.
We will keep you updated!

Rene

nolife141

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 08:37:23 PM

Thx for the help.

Are you still having problems with Bittrex? We are investigating some recent changes on the polling limits over at Bittrex.
We will keep you updated!

Rene

I got the problem on Bitfinex not Bittrex, I pay only for Bitfinex, I can try other demo like poloniex and see if it crashed. My computer username is Jérémie, special character can cause problem?
leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2017, 10:06:53 PM

Hello Jonathan,

Thx for the help.

We are looking into issues with Bitfinex as it seems like they have changed their API polling rules.

"NOTE
In order to offer the best service possible we have added a rate limit to the number of REST requests.
Our rate limit policy can vary in a range of 10 to 90 requests per minute depending on some factors (e.g. servers load, endpoint, etc.)."

This is from here: https://bitfinex.readme.io/v1/docs/rest-general

If we exceed this limit, which is likely then strange things could happen. How many pairs have you loaded? Were you running bots?

This is a developing situation for us and I ask for your patience.

Thanks,
Jonathan

nolife141

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 11:18:07 PM

Hello Jonathan,

Thx for the help.

We are looking into issues with Bitfinex as it seems like they have changed their API polling rules.

"NOTE
In order to offer the best service possible we have added a rate limit to the number of REST requests.
Our rate limit policy can vary in a range of 10 to 90 requests per minute depending on some factors (e.g. servers load, endpoint, etc.)."

If we exceed this limit, which is likely then strange things could happen. How many pairs have you loaded? Were you running bots?

Thanks,
Jonathan

Thx for the answer, glad you notice the problem. Im patient, so no stress, I will try some strategy on bot on poloniex and bittrex with the demo.

On my Bitfinex, I use no bot, just manual trading on BTC/USD and ETH/USD. With Bitfinex-demo, I try with 2 bot, 1 on BTC/USD and the other on ETH/USD.

And just for sure, I try Bitfinex-demo on my Windows 10 x64 and my Ubuntu x64 16.04.3 LTS, same thing 2 bot and got crash after couples minutes.

And great software by the way. I will get two of my friends on it in the coming weeks. How can I refer them?

Nice day!
Amaralluis

Activity: 132

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 11:19:23 PM

Hello Jonathan,

Thx for the help.

"NOTE

Thanks,
Jonathan

This in a way could be good news for me because we might have a new version soon that improves the bandwidth usage. Smiley

Its curious that the exchanges are starting to tighten up their API usage.... Wonder if it will get to a point that it becomes unusable for a bot to use??
nolife141

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 11:27:49 PM

Hello Jonathan,

Thx for the help.

"NOTE

Thanks,
Jonathan

This in a way could be good news for me because we might have a new version soon that improves the bandwidth usage. Smiley

Its curious that the exchanges are starting to tighten up their API usage.... Wonder if it will get to a point that it becomes unusable for a bot to use??

Exchange don't want bot to be speed bot and poling server 300 times in 1 seconds. If a lot of people do that, it's like a DDOS attack to there server. 10/min it's to slow, but 90/min its perfect.

1/sec its the sweet spot I think, but Bitfinex API seem to adapt on servers loads, how can we adapt to that?

Sry for my english, im french!
zopply

Activity: 686
Merit: 108

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 04:23:09 AM

does the demo version let you trade on bittrex for  limited amount of time so you can see if you like it or not? Or is it just an offline version that you can see the features with?

▼ DarkPayCoin - [100% community governed and built]
[-] Website  [-] ANN Thread  [-] Discord  [-] Twitter  [-] Telegram
\ HIGH ROI, Low supply / - \ A privacy focused MN/PoS coin /
Amaralluis

Activity: 132

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 11:23:42 AM

does the demo version let you trade on bittrex for  limited amount of time so you can see if you like it or not? Or is it just an offline version that you can see the features with?

You can play with the demo version for as long as you want. It does pull the data from the exchange in realtime, and simulates buys and sells.
leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2017, 01:27:29 PM

Hello Jonathan,

Thx for the help.

"NOTE

Thanks,
Jonathan

Thx for the answer, glad you notice the problem. Im patient, so no stress, I will try some strategy on bot on poloniex and bittrex with the demo.

On my Bitfinex, I use no bot, just manual trading on BTC/USD and ETH/USD. With Bitfinex-demo, I try with 2 bot, 1 on BTC/USD and the other on ETH/USD.

And just for sure, I try Bitfinex-demo on my Windows 10 x64 and my Ubuntu x64 16.04.3 LTS, same thing 2 bot and got crash after couples minutes.

And great software by the way. I will get two of my friends on it in the coming weeks. How can I refer them?

Nice day!

Once you are a customer you can ask your friends to just enter your email address in the RefCode field and we'll pay you a $25 bonus for each one you bring us!

leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2017, 01:29:13 PM

Hello Jonathan,

Thx for the help.

"NOTE

Thanks,
Jonathan

Exchange don't want bot to be speed bot and poling server 300 times in 1 seconds. If a lot of people do that, it's like a DDOS attack to there server. 10/min it's to slow, but 90/min its perfect.

1/sec its the sweet spot I think, but Bitfinex API seem to adapt on servers loads, how can we adapt to that?

Sry for my english, im french!

You shouldn't have to care about it! leonArdo should handle it all correctly in the background.

Best wishes,
Jonathan

Hogesyx

Activity: 4

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 02:13:36 PM

hey jonathan, been playing with the bot during the past few days with rapid shifting of the market. for the margin maker algorithm, is it possible to expand the slider to allow negatives?

so we can stack a "backup plan" bot if some of the dips or spike caught the other bots off guard.
methodicaltrader

Activity: 3

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 04:30:02 PM

Hey guys,

Leonardo newbie here. Can I use the ping pong strategy in a such a way that adapts to the changing curve? So e.g instead of having a permanent buy/sell at e.g. 0.5 BTC/0.6 BTC, I want it to follow the curve and buy/sell at 0.3/0.4, 0.4/0.5 etc.

Similar to what this bot advertises to do:

http://translate.google.com/translate?client=tmpg&hl=en&langpair=ru|en&u=http%3A//1bbot.com/forum/cat-besplatnye-strategii-ot-nashih-polzovateley-dlya-bota-1b-bot-pro-zeus/topic-127.html

Basically the bot knows the walls of the price at any given time and ping pongs between them.

Thanks!
Pages: « 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 [94] 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 ... 246 »
  Print  

Jump to: