Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 07:46:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 [90] 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 ... 246 »
  Print  
Author Topic: margin terminal is now FREE - bots for over 30 exchanges  (Read 268521 times)
Mjmail

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 04:51:12 PM

Hello Jonathan, I am a bot user and I look forward to your update. Leonardo is near to be perfect...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2017, 10:38:15 PM

Hello Jonathan, I am a bot user and I look forward to your update. Leonardo is near to be perfect...

Thanks, we will be releasing an update soon!

dan_and_shan

Activity: 432
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 12:01:16 AM

How is the experience with Poloniex nowadays?

I can remember there were quite some problems, and working slowly, but are those things solved at this time?

And how does it compared to trading at Bittrex (for example)?

Nobody?

Perhaps nobody is using the leonArdo - Poloniex interface? Or perhaps it is better to ask this question in some other Forum category; this is a discussion primarily focused on leonArdo.

In times Poloniex is under high load there can be issues with the API. This is an issue not soley related to leonArdo.
But currently most of the time trading on Poloniex is fine.

Generally i don,t have any issues, but now and again a bot will be suspended

Don't take life too serious, No one gets out alive Wink
brobbel

Activity: 966
Merit: 342

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 03:33:37 AM

I can remember there were quite some problems, and working slowly, but are those things solved at this time?

Nobody?

Perhaps nobody is using the leonArdo - Poloniex interface? Or perhaps it is better to ask this question in some other Forum category; this is a discussion primarily focused on leonArdo.

I'm afraid you're right about the leonArdo-Poloniex thing: (almost) nobody is using it. But the second point: the question aimed to LeonArdo used with Poloniex and comparing to using LeonArdo with Bittrex. So I'm sorry I wasn't clear about that.
harriettt

Activity: 7

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 05:10:48 AM

When leonArdo is available for Raspberry?

It would be so nice to have separate machine where it can run 24/7.

Any unix geeks here who could help them make this happen faster?
leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2017, 07:21:23 AM

Nobody?

I'm afraid you're right about the leonArdo-Poloniex thing: (almost) nobody is using it. But the second point: the question aimed to LeonArdo used with Poloniex and comparing to using LeonArdo with Bittrex. So I'm sorry I wasn't clear about that.

I'm sorry brobbel, but how would you know who is using poloniex on leonArdo?

Due to the issues poloniex had, bittrex overtook it as the most popular exchange on leonArdo. But, poloniex remains our second most popular exchange and is very usable now.

Best wishes,
Jonathan

leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2017, 07:24:34 AM

We need to divert resoures to this to get it built on the Pi architecture. Resources we just don't have at present.

Sorry. It will take a bit of time.

An expensive alternative for now is to run leonArdo on a VPS. Then you can even check in on how it's doing using your smart phone or tablet with Microsoft Remote Desktop.

Best wishes,
Jonathan

leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2017, 10:14:07 AM

Does any one of you guys had a look at the up core/ or  similar x86 board?

http://www.up-board.org/

It is a little bit more expensive, but not far off.
It also features more cores and a x86 architecture. We haven't try it yet but has anyone of you played with the board yet?

All the best!

Rene

sarannah

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 10:47:13 AM

Does any one of you guys had a look at the up core/ or  similar x86 board?

http://www.up-board.org/

It is a little bit more expensive, but not far off.
It also features more cores and a x86 architecture. We haven't try it yet but has anyone of you played with the board yet?

I have only Raspberries but x86 board is okay too.

This lists x86 boards:
https://www.board-db.org/
ThomAB

Activity: 17

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 11:24:00 AM

Hey All

Having an issue where leonardo isn't showing trades, no blue buy icons, no sell icons and no trade history or open orders.

Anyone know why this might be happening?
brobbel

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 11:49:08 AM

Nobody?

Due to the issues poloniex had, bittrex overtook it as the most popular exchange on leonArdo. But, poloniex remains our second most popular exchange and is very usable now.

Best wishes,
Jonathan

Hi Jonathan,

Thank you for the reassurance, but my comment was given due to the comment of cryptomarc and the lack of reactions.
I hope that there are also users (beside you as seller  Wink ) willing to respond with recent experience.
hackbyte
Copper Member

Activity: 282
Merit: 111

Doing cryptocurrency stuff since 2010.

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2017, 08:07:42 PM

Nobody?

Best wishes,
Jonathan

Hi Jonathan,

Thank you for the reassurance, but my comment was given due to the comment of cryptomarc and the lack of reactions.
I hope that there are also users (beside you as seller  Wink ) willing to respond with recent experience.

I have to confess, i thought about getting a license for poloniex for a while, but because i had so much problems and lastly so poor lending performance over there, i migrated to bitfinex anyways and had at first the license for this exchange .... and then bought a license for bittrex as second one.

So ... sadly i can't tell you about how good the polo api works at all but urgently suggest to read the poloniex [ANN] thread and check if that should be a priority at all.

Just my 2 cents. Wink

Hacky

Cryptocurrency Mining, Gambling, Lending, Trading, Staking .. So much to do with them, since 2010!
Donations-> 1bytoroRvXLGc1FWTob5h1oH92VMdUSFi Questions? Dunno! To the moon? Mün or bust!
Lust auf klönschnack? Schau bei uns rein im Cryptotalk (D-A-CH+EU) unter https://t.me/cryptotalkgerman
leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2017, 08:50:58 PM

Hey All

Having an issue where leonardo isn't showing trades, no blue buy icons, no sell icons and no trade history or open orders.

Anyone know why this might be happening?

If it remains an issue I suggest you delete the local trades db for whichever market you are on. For example on bittrex it is:

bittrex-trades.db

You can find it in the hidden .leonArdo folder in your home directory.

If you are on Windows it's something like

C:\Users\JonathanMaycock\.leonArdo

On macOS its

/Users/JonathanMaycock/.leonardo

And on Linux it's

/home/JonathanMaycock/.leonardo

Best wishes,
Jonathan

mazing7

Activity: 6

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 11:15:35 PM

Has anyone been able to show consistent profits?
I am at a loss so far. Maybe my settings for the margin maker are just crap.

I set my effective gain to 1% and sometimes the bot trades at loss.. I just don't get it.

Should i be setting my effective gain higher?

I really would not mind if the bot traded at 0.5% gains and conducted more trades.

As long as its showing profit per trade. I used to set it to -1 but i saw more loss then gains.

Idk maybe someone can PM me their settings or forward me to a videoguide idk.

started with 0.35 btc and its down to .3 btc over the course of a few days

Also, I dont want to discourage people from buying. The GUI in this bot is beautiful and its wayyyyyy better to use to make trades than to use the exchanges in my opinion.

I'm just doing something wrong
Amaralluis

Activity: 132

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 11:56:02 PM
Last edit: September 19, 2017, 12:06:16 AM by Amaralluis

I set my effective gain to 1% and sometimes the bot trades at loss.. I just don't get it.

I really would not mind if the bot traded at 0.5% gains and conducted more trades.

As long as its showing profit per trade. I used to set it to -1 but i saw more loss then gains.

Also, I dont want to discourage people from buying. The GUI in this bot is beautiful and its wayyyyyy better to use to make trades than to use the exchanges in my opinion.

My experience is telling me to use short Statistcs interval hrs of less than 2 hours and to avoid use negative Min Effective gain %.
The idea is good but the execution is flawed imo.
First the gain % only seems to kick in when the buy price is higher than the line for the sell margin %.
If you have the gain at -1% then it will kick in when the last buy is higher by 1% from the sell margin % point.

Then the bot will start selling at a loss up to whatever the gain %.
Second the bot should sell and buy right away at whatever price the current price is but instead it will start at the buy margin % window and usually when the eff gain kicks in the coin is swinging up and not down.
Because of this the bot misses alot of good oportunities for profit because its stuck at a very low value.

Example Imagine that you got a buy when the eff margin was 6% and you had a 3 hours statistic window and the bot was set up with a -1 eff gain.
You start the bot and get a nice buy right away but after one hour the price starts dipping.
When the coin recovers from the dip and the sell happen at -1% from the buy it will create a new buy that is 5% lower than what the current coin value. Because you had a 3 hours statistic window and the dip happened one hour later it will now take two hours for the sell margin to catch up with the coin. In the meantime if the price trends even higher you will never get a buy.
The best scenario is that after the sell because of the gain % dips again.
(Thats why I recomend a small statistics window)

The bot is somewhat simplistic because it doesnt use trends, so it doesnt ride them unfortunately so you lose on some really nice profits or buy coin at much higher value than it should.

But the developer is very active and responsive and hopefully a new version will be available that adds trending into the calculation. With that I think we can achieve really nice profits and Leonardo becomes a much more attractive application.
I cant wait to see what the new versions have in store... Hopefully we get a new one soon.
leonArdo@margin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2017, 11:01:08 AM

There are no perfect settings for the bot. However, if you set the Min effective gain to be a positive, there is no way the bot can a loss. There are a number of important options to consider like how long your order stays active for (max order age), whether you want the protection of stop loss, whether you want to allow the bot make a loss in the hope that future gains will be made (Min effective gain), the initial history trade window size, the initial effective gain amount, the relative (within the trade history window) buy and sell margin percentages.

Do you want a fast acting bot making lots of trades and smaller gains or a slower mover making big gains? You can set mulitple bots, some high frequency and others low frequency, on a single pair.

And if there is a pump and dump in action it might be wise to switch to manual trading.

It definitely takes practice, no doubt about that. Using a demo market is a great way to try out ideas without getting burnt.

Finally, we are working hard on a host of new indicator based bots (Bollinger band, MACD, EMA cross-over etc.) so it might be that you prefer those. First up is another release and then those new bots will be our main focus.

Thanks for your kind words regarding the interface and good luck!

Best wishes,
Jonathan

drnkk

Activity: 72

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 01:48:37 PM

Nobody?

as far as ı experienced, bittrex is flawless, poloniex is better now compared to the ddosed days.
ı am using both of them without problem

Bitrated user: drnk.
brobbel

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 02:05:41 PM

Nobody?

as far as ı experienced, bittrex is flawless, poloniex is better now compared to the ddosed days.
ı am using both of them without problem

Thank you for your response!
Hydr0phil

Activity: 2

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 02:36:26 PM

Hello and thank you for this great software.
I'm really looking forward for the next update and its developed trend riding skills and the stop buttom after the last buy.
However what i experienced in the past days and weeks is that Leonardo would stop working at a certain point (usually after 2-3 days) and crashes.

My System is:
Intel Core M-5Y10c, 8gb ddr 3, 64 bit Windows 10, Internet: 25 Mbit

Leonardo:
Bittrex, 30 pairs, 1 bot per pair, (MB:=450, 1/s= 10.4, kb/s= 320)

My question is if it would be better to reduce the pairs for the sake of stability?  Huh
Also is this next update focusing on new features alone or is overall stability included?

Thank you for your hard work and awsome support! Cool
sarunw

Activity: 12

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 03:25:50 PM

Can someone explain about min.effective gain? I don't understand what it does.

When I create a bot I set buying and selling windows and Eff.margin is calculated based on that window let say 1%
So if I put 1btc worth on that bot it will buy when price reach bottom blue bar and sell when it reach top and I will gain 1% of 1 BTC which is 0.01 BTC

What does min. eff. gain do in this case if I set it to -1, 0, and 1 % ?
Pages: « 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 [90] 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 ... 246 »
  Print  

Jump to: