Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:43:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [UPDATE] RX480 (Ref) 31+Mh, Custom Rom - VDDC OFFSET + Custom timing  (Read 230966 times)
jenia1

Activity: 504
Merit: 267

HashWare - Mining solutions for everyone!

View Profile
October 29, 2016, 03:16:04 PM

i just wanted to ask, is there a reason the final 33Mh/s rom from Heliox was not released and the other posted roms in the 1st page are down?  Undecided

awesome job btw! Cheesy

Making mining profitable
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ANN  Website  Facebook
                                   █████████
                             ███      ████████   █████
               ▄█████████▄   █          ██████   █████  ████  ████  ████   ▄██████▄    ▄██████▄    ████████
       █████  █████  ██████      ███     █████   █████  ████  ████  ████  ████ █████  ████  ████  █████████
█████  █████  █████   █████      ███     █████   █████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████
█████  █████  █████   █████  █    ██     █████   █████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████
████████████  █████   █████  ██    ███████████████████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████████
█████  █████  █████████████  ████    █████████████████  ████  ████  ████  ██████████  █████████▀  ████
█████  █████  █████████████  ██████    ███████   █████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████████    ████
█████  █████  █████   █████       ███   ██████   █████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████ ▀███▄  ████
       █████  █████   █████       ███    █████   █████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████
              █████   █████       ███    █████   █████  ████████████████  ████  ████  ████  ████  █████████
                      █████  █          ██████   █████   ▀█████  █████▀   ████  ████  ████  ████   ████████
                             ███       ███████   █████
                              ▀▀███   ████▀▀▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  PM
Contact Us

Mining Farm planning & advising
Equipment supply & transportation
Linking investors & ideas

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
shadabahmed

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 29, 2016, 07:12:29 PM

is there any modded bios for 470 oc 4 gb?

Am I spamming? Report me!
merc84

Activity: 799
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 30, 2016, 10:26:19 PM

Anyone know why the gpu voltages are not in actual mV? Is it safe to just enter a value in mV? This is Mis rx 480 4gb btw, thanks!
AzzAz
Legendary

Activity: 1030
Merit: 1006

View Profile
October 31, 2016, 01:35:06 AM

Anyone know why the gpu voltages are not in actual mV? Is it safe to just enter a value in mV? This is Mis rx 480 4gb btw, thanks!
So you have card bios with timings same from 800 all the way up AND IT IS WORKING?
Yes, you can put voltages...
Shurikenix

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 31, 2016, 09:42:47 AM

Hello.
I have Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8G, default 1342 MHz / 1150 mV maximum.
I changed DPM table in PBE at -75mV. After flashing bios, voltage settings was default (stock, not changed). Why?
The new settings was applied only after pressing Reset button in MSI Afterburner or Trixx.
Then if I play with voltage in Trixx, card may be crashed. And after rebooting voltage is default (stock) again!! Why?? What should I do to voltage were always the ones that I setup in DPM?
deadsix

Activity: 751
Merit: 517

Fail to plan, and you plan to fail.

View Profile
October 31, 2016, 07:28:59 PM

So you have card bios with timings same from 800 all the way up AND IT IS WORKING?
Yes, you can put voltages...

You know that's not possible. Its probably just the first half of the Straps that are the same/similar.

Ethereum/Zcash/Monero Mining Bangalore https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1703592
deadsix

Activity: 751
Merit: 517

Fail to plan, and you plan to fail.

View Profile
October 31, 2016, 07:31:00 PM

You can enter mV values but they will be ignored. GPU core voltage is calculated at runtime in relative steps to its base voltage. What you will need is an offset either hardcoded into the bios using a hex editor ( complicated ) or a tool like Strixx or Watttool ( simple ) to load the core voltage offset at system startup.

Ethereum/Zcash/Monero Mining Bangalore https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1703592
v88

Activity: 6

View Profile
October 31, 2016, 09:26:52 PM

Radeon RX 480 Sapphire Nitro+ OC PCI-E 8192Mb (11260-01-20G)
PCI-E 3.0, ядpo - 1208 MГц, Boost - 1342 MГц, пaмять - 8192 Mб GDDR5 8000 MГц, 256 бит, DVI, 2xHDMI, 2xDisplayPort, Retail

Radeon RX 480 Sapphire Nitro+ PCI-E 8192Mb (11260-07-20G)
PCI-E 3.0, ядpo - 1208 MГц, Boost - 1306 MГц, пaмять - 8192 Mб GDDR5 8000 MГц, 256 бит, DVI, 2xHDMI, 2xDisplayPort, Retail

which is better?
Walrusbonzo

Activity: 682
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 31, 2016, 09:48:23 PM

Radeon RX 480 Sapphire Nitro+ OC PCI-E 8192Mb (11260-01-20G)
PCI-E 3.0, ядpo - 1208 MГц, Boost - 1342 MГц, пaмять - 8192 Mб GDDR5 8000 MГц, 256 бит, DVI, 2xHDMI, 2xDisplayPort, Retail

Radeon RX 480 Sapphire Nitro+ PCI-E 8192Mb (11260-07-20G)
PCI-E 3.0, ядpo - 1208 MГц, Boost - 1306 MГц, пaмять - 8192 Mб GDDR5 8000 MГц, 256 бит, DVI, 2xHDMI, 2xDisplayPort, Retail

which is better?

For mining you'll find they're identical with identically modified BIOS. Get whichever is cheapest IMO.
Svchost

Activity: 6

View Profile
November 01, 2016, 02:58:11 AM

Nice work Smiley
Thanks
merc84

View Profile
November 01, 2016, 11:31:17 AM

You can enter mV values but they will be ignored. GPU core voltage is calculated at runtime in relative steps to its base voltage. What you will need is an offset either hardcoded into the bios using a hex editor ( complicated ) or a tool like Strixx or Watttool ( simple ) to load the core voltage offset at system startup.

I have just started using watttool to adjust voltages, in regards to the memory i should copy the timings from 1750 strap across to the 2000mhz strap and flash that?
Jatmin

Activity: 13

View Profile
November 01, 2016, 05:08:08 PM

http://i1294.photobucket.com/albums/b608/mercurymatt/msirx480_zpsbeqmjtpy.jpg

I have just started using watttool to adjust voltages, in regards to the memory i should copy the timings from 1750 strap across to the 2000mhz strap and flash that?

That is right. That is what most people do. But for the ZCash mining, it is better to use the stock bios.
merc84

View Profile
November 01, 2016, 09:17:26 PM

I only get 24 sol/s with stock bios i see some ppl reporting 30 Sol/s or higher with rx 480 i assume because of modded memory straps.
eslanek

Activity: 15

View Profile
November 02, 2016, 01:31:56 PM
Last edit: November 02, 2016, 01:47:43 PM by eslanek

http://i1294.photobucket.com/albums/b608/mercurymatt/msirx480_zpsbeqmjtpy.jpg

That is right. That is what most people do. But for the ZCash mining, it is better to use the stock bios.

Can I overclock in Linux for best results, with stock bios?

And  if this is not possible, someone can tell me a link or post that explains how to do whit this custom bios from linux?  Thanks

Ricca69

Activity: 38
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 04, 2016, 05:16:42 PM

My R9-270X give me 22-25 Sol/s with nheqminer 0.4 w/o overclock...  Grin

herocoin.io (https://www.herocoin.io)
jenia1

View Profile
November 05, 2016, 08:17:23 PM

question.. so i flashed my sapphire rx 480 ref 8gb with the 32MH/s bios. and a few weird things happened.
 suddenly the claymore dual mined detects it as a 4gb card.in addition i see max 30 MH/s and it is quite unstable. look for GPU0 for the results, the other cards are different cards.
 any1 know what might be the issue?
http://

Making mining profitable
                                   █████████
               ▄█████████▄   █          ██████   █████  ████  ████  ████   ▄██████▄    ▄██████▄    ████████
       █████  █████  ██████      ███     █████   █████  ████  ████  ████  ████ █████  ████  ████  █████████
█████  █████  █████   █████      ███     █████   █████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████
█████  █████  █████   █████  █    ██     █████   █████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████
████████████  █████   █████  ██    ███████████████████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████████
█████  █████  █████████████  ████    █████████████████  ████  ████  ████  ██████████  █████████▀  ████
█████  █████  █████████████  ██████    ███████   █████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████████    ████
█████  █████  █████   █████       ███   ██████   █████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████ ▀███▄  ████
       █████  █████   █████       ███    █████   █████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████
              █████   █████       ███    █████   █████  ████████████████  ████  ████  ████  ████  █████████
                      █████  █          ██████   █████   ▀█████  █████▀   ████  ████  ████  ████   ████████
                              ▀▀███   ████▀▀▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  PM
Contact Us

Cryptozillah

Activity: 687
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 05, 2016, 08:43:41 PM

question.. so i flashed my sapphire rx 480 ref 8gb with the 32MH/s bios. and a few weird things happened.
 suddenly the claymore dual mined detects it as a 4gb card.in addition i see max 30 MH/s and it is quite unstable. look for GPU0 for the results, the other cards are different cards.
The bios you flashed was a 4GB bios.
Open it in Polarisbioseditor and change it to 8GB, save it and reflash your card.
jenia1

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 07:10:44 AM

Open it in Polarisbioseditor and change it to 8GB, save it and reflash your card.

thanks for the reply.
so i tried that, flashed successfully and it was indeed then detected as 8gb card. funny thing is that Hash rate became even worse. it avaraged then about 27MH/s and even dropped to 22 a few times..
im now completely confused for what could have caused this.. is it possible the card has some problem?

Making mining profitable
                                   █████████
                              ▀▀███   ████▀▀▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  PM
Contact Us

Cryptozillah

Activity: 687
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 07:37:26 AM

thanks for the reply.
so i tried that, flashed successfully and it was indeed then detected as 8gb card. funny thing is that Hash rate became even worse. it avaraged then about 27MH/s and even dropped to 22 a few times..
im now completely confused for what could have caused this.. is it possible the card has some problem?
Not sure what bios you got.
The best thing to do is to do the mod yourself on a backup of your original bios.
jenia1

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 09:17:52 AM

thanks for the reply.
Not sure what bios you got.
The best thing to do is to do the mod yourself on a backup of your original bios.

im am not the most experienced one with modding bioses thus im a bit afraid to do it myself.
i got all the heliox bioses not from here (because they are down) but from some russian forum, ofcourse i cannot be 100% sure that they are the same but i hope so..
and i then used the 32MH/s bios(31.8MH/s)
perhaps you could share the original bioses from heliox?

Making mining profitable
                                   █████████
                              ▀▀███   ████▀▀▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  PM
Contact Us

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  

Jump to: