Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 09:50:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 [311] 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 ... 1126 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Obyte: Totally new consensus algorithm + private untraceable payments  (Read 1233959 times)
SatoNatomato

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 25, 2017, 03:15:01 PM

Can somebody explain to me what "Byteball" means? Does it have a special meaning or just a fictive name? I am not native English and this word is unknown to me.

rtfm with translator:
https://byteball.org/Byteball.pdf
No need to be rude.

Like a snowball. Byte. Ball. More transctions more balls.
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
innergy

Activity: 685
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 25, 2017, 04:28:03 PM

I would love to see something like that in the future.. but with bytes.. Wink
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PYBCfLZLiY

And bluetooth or NFC pairing for "on street" exchanging blackbytes.

RoftheN

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 25, 2017, 06:37:35 PM

Hi, am I to late to buy this for a fair price?    How much did I miss out by not caring about this last year when I first saw it?
The Crypto Baron

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 25, 2017, 06:46:03 PM

Hi guys, looking at topics for the next episode of the Crypto Times and looking at ByteBall.

So how does this work?  You just link it to your BTC address to get issued some bytes?

favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2017, 07:01:24 PM

Hi guys, looking at topics for the next episode of the Crypto Times and looking at ByteBall.

So how does this work?  You just link it to your BTC address to get issued some bytes?

exactly, follow the instructions on the website

Assman

Activity: 211

View Profile
March 25, 2017, 09:06:23 PM

Hey guys, sorry for a silly question, but is there anyway to link our BTC locked up in Coinbase cold storage account to be eligible for the ByteBall distribution?

CorePrime95

Activity: 190
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 25, 2017, 09:09:20 PM

I have to say I'm really impressed by this project. Byteball has novel ideas, extensive documentation, there is no bullshitting as the system is already working and really advanced. It is basically the opposite of the shitty ICOs that are all the rage now.
I downloaded the desktop client, chatted with the bot and bought Bytes, installed the Android app, paired them, chatted with myself and transferred bytes. And all this exercise was done within MINUTES after I discovered Byteball and it worked flawlessly. Compare this to shitcoins that you have to sync for days just to create a wallet address. Byteball is so simple to use that theoretically this could be done by ordinary people, something that other coin makers are always putting at the end of their roadmaps (usability for the masses as the big crypto dream).

Byteball is far, far more advanced then other projects while being just released. Tony has put alot of work into this project and still does. He clearly has a plan and is executing it. I think this project will hit the market hard in 2017 or 18, and many people wont know what hit them or where it came from.

Hi, am I to late to buy this for a fair price?    How much did I miss out by not caring about this last year when I first saw it?
Considering that the most rounds of distribution are yet to come I think it is a great buy.
favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2017, 09:46:31 PM

Hey guys, sorry for a silly question, but is there anyway to link our BTC locked up in Coinbase cold storage account to be eligible for the ByteBall distribution?

can you sign with your adr? then yes. I doubt it, since coinbase owns the coins you send them.

Assman

Activity: 211

View Profile
March 25, 2017, 10:17:51 PM

can you sign with your adr? then yes. I doubt it, since coinbase owns the coins you send them.

Thanks!  If anyone else is wondering this, I was able to sign a message from Coinbase's cold storage and transition bot said "The signature is OK. If you have more than one Bitcoin address and want to link another one, let me know this address."

Glad to be a part of ByteBall

BTCspace

Activity: 952
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 26, 2017, 08:31:44 AM

hi guys

yu can submit a request to add BBs at poloniex here : https://poloniex.com/coinRequest

to bittrex here https://bittrex.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/202583854-Submitting-a-Coin-to-Bittrex

i hope this year will be wonderfull for BBs

can we just donate 3 btc to ask bittrex list it ?

or we have to wait for next year?

running farm worldwide
BTCspace

View Profile
March 26, 2017, 08:32:47 AM

To help speed up the process of deploying your coin, we require the following information sent to support@bittrex.com:

Coin Name
Enhanced Verified Account of team member on Bittrex - This team member must be either a core developer or a major shareholder (10% or more) of a company that backs the development of the coin.  That member will need to submit identifying documents to get their account enhanced verified. 
Description of your coin -  Why does it exist and what makes it unique?  What new technology or business concept are you bringing to the blockchain? If your ANN thread only has coin specs on it, you are not going to get listed on Bittrex. 
Coin trading symbol - The ticker needs to be 3-5 letters and cannot contain any symbols or numbers.  Please verify that your preferred symbol is not already in use on our exchange or any other.  There are a number of services that track coin prices that require the symbols to be unique. Even if the symbol is not on our exchange anymore, we won't reuse it.  Consider your symbol carefully because we will not change it once it is set.
A logo for your coin - png format with a transparent background.  The logo should be square with dimensions of 1000x1000 pixels with no white space on its border and no taglines.  It should only be a logo and expect it to show up in multiple spots in the Bittrex UI.
Launch Date (past or future)
Github Link - We only accept source code.  We will not run a binary that you provide us. 
Did you raise money/bitcoin to launch your coin?  (i.e. a CFC/ICO)
Did you have a premine?  How much is it?  Is it escrowed?
What is the max money supply for your coin?
Exchanges you are currently on
Official blockchain explorer
What is your TxFee for a transaction
Any social media information such as your official website, twitter account, facebook page, subreddit, etc.
If you are an ETH token:

Code review - Was a code review performed on your smart contract?  By whom?  Please provide a link or send us a document of the results
What is your smart contract address?
Optional information that heavily influences us:

Identity Disclosure:  If you disclose your identity publicly, we'll verify that the information you disclosed matches your Bittrex account
Get your source code reviewed by a trusted member of the community
Updates about your coin: If you have previously been listed on Bittrex, what has changed with your coin since then?
If you are interested in providing information to traders of your coin in our user interface, see Submitting Coin Information for the Bittrex UI
If you run a crowdfunding campaign on another platform or premined your coin and would like to get listed, the following additional requirements apply:

We may require a 3 BTC compliance fee for the additional due diligence we need to fulfill to list your coin
A link to publicly accessible information about the CFC terms.  We need to see exactly how any funds were raised and what was promised to crowdfunders
A link to publicly accessible information about the premine.  We'd like to know how large of a premine it was and what the intended purpose of the premine is
We'd like to know the final metrics for the crowdfund.  How much was raised and how many addresses were coins distributed to?
You must also meet our CFC compliance standards; most notably having a proof of developer done and disclosing the full name and location of a member of the coin development team
If you are purchasing a spotlight, you must have a proof of developer done and disclose the full name and location of a member of the coin development team.

We are mindful of scams, copyright violations, and offensive subjects and reserve the right to refuse any coin on our platform.  In some cases, we may request a legal review of your coin before being listed. 

Note: Our spotlights are limited and are coordinated via support@bittrex.com.  Please do NOT send BTC to anyone claiming to represent Bittrex via Twitter, IRC, or BitcoinTalk.

Edit: Added Proof of Dev/Identity Disclosure to all spotlights.

Edit: Updated to reflect our ability to verify identity since PoD services are disappearing

Edit: Added a question about premines

Edit: Clarified identity disclosure for premines

Edit: Clarified symbol length for coin tickers

Edit: Made developer identification mandatory

Edit: Added questions around crowdfunds

Edit: Added questions for ETH tokens

running farm worldwide
BTCspace

View Profile
March 26, 2017, 08:59:26 AM

https://cryptox.pl/

super slow
seems the exchange is down ?

running farm worldwide
kola-schaar

Activity: 336
Merit: 260

View Profile
March 26, 2017, 10:58:50 AM
Last edit: March 26, 2017, 11:46:33 AM by kola-schaar

Hi, am I to late to buy this for a fair price?    How much did I miss out by not caring about this last year when I first saw it?
You're just right. We are at refueling the boosters and load the second and third stage.

For real world access we will use a multistage rocket (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multistage_rocket ):

•   Liquid boosters = works with Community Network Effect (top 30)
•   first stage = big Exchange engine (works with the troll and Bittrex/Polo-Effekt) (top 20)
•   second stage = the reliable Altcoin Trader engine (top 10)
•   third stage = the very proven BTC Holder power-engine  (for constant pressure when leaving the gravity) (top 5)
•   fourth stage = developer power (top 3)
Chef developer Anton Churyumov could implement some promising further developments:
https://medium.com/byteball/making-p2p-great-again-fe9e20546a4a#.hoxctwrxu
https://medium.com/byteball/making-p2p-great-again-episode-ii-bitcoin-exchange-d98adfbde2a5#.y12zksql5

Status of loading liquid boosters: http://slack.byteball.org/
Status of loading first stage:
To help speed up the process of deploying your coin, we require the following information sent to support@bittrex.com:
Status of loading second stage: https://cryptox.pl/
Status of loading third stage: http://transition.byteball.org/

Otherwise, we perform engine tests to determine parameters and generate attention:

Current parameters here: https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/byteball/
If you want to link your BTC: The third stage is loaded by a bot(see OP). Talk to him (see OP), he will give you further instructions.
ptrk

Activity: 137
Merit: 90

View Profile
March 26, 2017, 12:44:51 PM

I read the white paper. First, I must say, great work of the developer Tony. The most comprehensive crypto currency paper I have read so far.

I especially tinkered a little with the structure of the DAG approach and how trustworthy it is.
According the white paper, the main chain is pillared by the witnesses. Witnesses are reputable users with real-world identities. How are the identities checked?

...and users who name them expect them to never try to double-spend.

I have to trust the witnesses when I send a transaction.
Does the trust refer to native-currency bytes only or is the procedure also applied to black bytes?

...observe that some of the participants [witnesses] of our network are non-anonymous reputable people or companies...

How many witnesses will there be? Assuming that there are 30, then at least 16 must behave as expected.
What if there is a big attack and those 16 reputable users or companies get compromised?
Karartma1
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422

View Profile
March 26, 2017, 03:54:44 PM

Does anyone here know the current price of Blackbytes?
I've tried using them with a friend who wants to buy them from me but I have no idea about how much should I ask

Code:
BID orders:
0.04 GB/GBB      |   2.0 GB     |   50.0 GBB      |   @houlala
0.02 GB/GBB      |   1.0 GB     |   50.0 GBB      |   @byteballbtc
0.01 GB/GBB      |   300.0 GB   |   30000.0 GBB   |   @cellardoor
3.33333 GB/GBB   |   1.0 GB     |   3000.0 GBB    |   @christian
Code:
ASK orders:
0.06984 GB/GBB   |   22.0 GB    |   315.0 GBB    |   @alfred
0.07 GB/GBB      |   140.0 GB   |   2000.0 GBB   |   @twinwinnerd
0.07692 GB/GBB   |   1.0 GB     |   13.0 GBB     |   @november12
0.1 GB/GBB       |   2.0 GB     |   20.0 GBB     |   @cryptorevolution
0.11 GB/GBB      |   11.0 GB    |   100.0 GBB    |   @coinling
0.12 GB/GBB      |   12.0 GB    |   100.0 GBB    |   @valley
0.25 GB/GBB      |   225.0 GB   |   900.0 GBB    |   @frank
0.26315 GB/GBB   |   100.0 GB   |   380.0 GBB    |   @degen_jonsnow
0.5 GB/GBB       |   27.0 GB    |   54.0 GBB     |   @hashmine

Ok got it. It's still very liquid and price are very different at the moment. I would like to wait 2 or 3 more distribution rounds before deciding anything about them. thx
davidoski

Activity: 297

View Profile
March 26, 2017, 04:46:47 PM
Last edit: March 26, 2017, 05:07:54 PM by davidoski

I read the white paper. First, I must say, great work of the developer Tony. The most comprehensive crypto currency paper I have read so far.

I especially tinkered a little with the structure of the DAG approach and how trustworthy it is.
According the white paper, the main chain is pillared by the witnesses. Witnesses are reputable users with real-world identities. How are the identities checked?

Does the trust refer to native-currency bytes only or is the procedure also applied to black bytes?

...observe that some of the participants [witnesses] of our network are non-anonymous reputable people or companies...

How many witnesses will there be? Assuming that there are 30, then at least 16 must behave as expected.
What if there is a big attack and those 16 reputable users or companies get compromised?

There are 12 witnesses. And yes, we all have to trust them. Moreover they can form a cartel. Security is not the biggest advantage of byteball. Security weakness related to witnesses will be the never ending story regarding byteball in the future. Its implications have not been thoroughly realised by most users yet.

Byteball was not designed with the type of "impossible to shut down" feature like bitcoin. It was built with "amazing applications possible" features in mind. It is a system that intends to be embraced by the legacy financial institutions (not to fight them) and cooperate with regulatory bodies.

Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks
Odrak

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 26, 2017, 05:05:46 PM

There are 12 witnesses. And yes, we all have to trust them. Moreover they can form a cartel. Security is not the biggest advantage of byteball. Security weakness related to witnesses will be the never ending story regarding byteball in the future. Its implications have not been thoroughly realised by most users yet.

The users can gradually replace witnesses one by one, which should prevent cartels.
davidoski

Activity: 297

View Profile
March 26, 2017, 05:09:31 PM

The users can gradually replace witnesses one by one, which should prevent cartels.

These types of uninformed opinions keep pop up here. How about forming cartel without anouncing it on TV news? Once cartel is formed the only way to get rid of it is to fork aka making schism.

Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
March 26, 2017, 05:16:57 PM

Is it possible without global coordination?
The Crypto Baron

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 26, 2017, 05:17:06 PM

ByteBall featured in episode 4 of the Crypto Times:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5dP2Xh2eDk

Glad to be a part of your project

Pages: « 1 ... 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 [311] 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 ... 1126 »
  Print  

Jump to: