Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:16:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 [1041] 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 ... 1126 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Obyte: Totally new consensus algorithm + private untraceable payments  (Read 1233954 times)
naska21

Activity: 1358
Merit: 635

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 05:30:34 PM

how long does it usually take for the first confirmation?
10 minutes and still nothing.

Maybe your  wallet is out of sync. Try to click the area where your bytes are shown. It  triggers  synchronization.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
operabit
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 05:32:15 PM

Byteball is very fast, I once did a transaction sending to an exchange and it was finished in less than 5 minutes as I recall. Try to ask directly to the support center.
tarmo888

Activity: 563
Merit: 103

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2018, 05:49:14 PM

5-15 minutes to be confirmed and final.
Thul

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 06:09:03 PM

Imagine if with bitcoin you could decide to turn off miners rewards  after they purchased machinery. 
This is not Bitcoin! I repeat, NOT A Bitcoin, not even close. There is no miners - no economy of scale. By linking your Bitcoin address to Byteball one, you did not need to buy any machinery.
Nobody is entitled for Byteball bytes and nothing is taken away from anybody if they don't get it. Goal of Byteball distribution is to be fair and as wide as possible, doesn't matter which distribution method archives that goal. If anybody thinks that they know how to have even fairer and wider distribution then ideas are welcome and if you are developer then you can apply for grant too to build that distribution method. If you are wondering why some kind of distribution methods have not implemented then there is probably reasons for that, it's pretty easy: just ask yourself, would that be fair and wide distribution?

I'm actually one of the main promoters on the main board regarding byteball actually. You should be very pleased to have me onboard and not be instructing me to start my own fork off of byteball.
All forks are welcome, it is not a bad thing, everybody wins.

If I were community manager here I would have huge community behind byteball  by now. Obviously I would not have made some of the rash decisions that have been made without getting the community onboard first. But what is done is done we can still succeed if we all work together.
Maybe you could be a great community manager, I do not know that, but I am skeptical about it if you consider locking somebody's funds as viable solution for a cryptocurrency. Also, would help if you understood the differences of Bitcoin and Byteball. No miners is pretty obvious thing, which should be super difficult to miss.
I am also not aware if there is a position like that available, I am not running for that position, I am just fighting against the FUD that this Byteball announcements topic is full of.

Let's move forward and a pull this back to a more sensible MC in the top 50 at least.

Donate the remaining 22% to UNICEF and focus on the current needs.

Distribution, adoption and circulation will then happen on their own, and as a result, the value of the project and the price of the coins will increase.

More suggestions?
tarmo888

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2018, 06:42:14 PM

Donate the remaining 22% to UNICEF and focus on the current needs.

Distribution, adoption and circulation will then happen on their own, and as a result, the value of the project and the price of the coins will increase.

More suggestions?

1) fair
2) wide
3) not just a distribution

And in what sense does that distribution method tick any of the boxes above, if everything goes just from one entity to another? it's just changes hands who will have a control over 22% of the marketcap.

For example, all kind of attestation methods (not just KYC) have some kind of cost, so it helps if there are funds now that let users do those attestation without cost and even get rewarded. Having users who have attested something about themselves helps other bot builders to build services that use that info without having to worry about how to build the onboarding proccess if they need to ask tons of info about the users.

For example, if you want to start selling airplane tickets with Byteball bots (and also flight insurance as extra) then at the moment, you have all the features you need to build that. You don't have to ask the users to go find their passport and type in their passport details and you can offer them insurance on Byteball DAG. Also, you can be sure that the details that they gave you from their private profile are correct without any typos, because it has been verified by Jumio.

I understand that you are against KYC, but every attestation method helps
* distribute the funds as rewards and attract new users with that.
* add more value to Byteball platform as features that other bot developers could use.

And KYC helps that it's fair, same person will not be rewarded twice. Only thing left is find more methods that are even more wider, all over the world.
Thul

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 07:07:48 PM

The emperor allows the people to speak to him.
We are all very deeply touched and kiss his feet in thanksgiving. ... Thank you... thank you.  Kiss

https://twitter.com/ByteballOrg/status/1060222615510487041
gefander

Activity: 490

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 02:24:44 AM

Undecided I never heard the answer to my question, * * * Don't you like the idea of integrating into discord or Slark?
barborrico

Activity: 111
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 11:24:35 AM

All will have different opinions on what is best. My opinion is simply to keep as many people happy as possible so we can build a strong community.

Hmmm...

Undecided I never heard the answer to my question, * * * Don't you like the idea of integrating into discord or Slark?

I like the idea. I will see later how to do a bytes tipbot for slack
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 11:56:52 AM

All will have different opinions on what is best. My opinion is simply to keep as many people happy as possible so we can build a strong community.

Hmmm...

I like the idea. I will see later how to do a bytes tipbot for slack

Whilst that pic of you is very fetching- - I think it displays the fact that you don't fully understand building a united and strong community is needed to gain traction.

There are several types of leadership the most successful form through keeping the majority happy.

If you are a leader and believe your way is really the best way forward then thorough debate can only reinforce this in the minds of the community and once they understand they will help you not fight against it.

Thul

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 12:23:24 PM

A product with benefits makes everyone happy, bite ball doesn't even make speculators happy anymore.

Twitter celebrates a service that bites wants to accept:
https://twitter.com/ByteballOrg/status/1060456412986400769

This is an absolute breakthrough. The bite ball project is saved.
Thul

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 12:54:05 PM

Experienced again today.
Cryptos are not simple to convey if there is no possibility to change Fiat easily into Coins. And "easily" means: implemented in the app.
CryptoRobert

Activity: 1015
Merit: 289

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 03:05:53 PM

I'm interested in getting into the identity verification issue, so as to be able to send vouchers to friends. However, there are a few things I'd like to understand first on that topic.
This is the medium post which has introduced the subject in January 2018:

https://medium.com/byteball/bringing-identity-to-crypto-b35964feee8e

Someone below the article is asking : "Can I have several accounts with the same identity?" and the answer is "yes". But I didn't understand exactly how that would work.

Let's say I'd like to create a wallet with a "public" profile, ie linked to my identity, in the app on my laptop. Later I'd decide to "extend" my identity also to a wallet I'm having on my mobile phone and/or to a multisig wallet on my PCs. How exactly would I have to do?

And another question: If I'm creating a wallet with little funds inside an app where is already another (main) wallet of mine with all my funds (which for obvious reasons I'd like to keep private) - would it be possible to connect my identity just to the wallet with the little funds while keeping full privacy over the other wallet(s) which are in the same app? If yes, what should I especially pay attention to?
tarmo888

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2018, 03:35:09 PM

I'm interested in getting into the identity verification issue, so as to be able to send vouchers to friends. However, there are a few things I'd like to understand first on that topic.

Someone below the article is asking : "Can I have several accounts with the same identity?" and the answer is "yes". But I didn't understand exactly how that would work.

Let's say I'd like to create a wallet with a "public" profile, ie linked to my identity, in the app on my laptop. Later I'd decide to "extend" my identity also to a wallet I'm having on my mobile phone and/or to a multisig wallet on my PCs. How exactly would I have to do?

And another question: If I'm creating a wallet with little funds inside an app where is already another (main) wallet of mine with all my funds (which for obvious reasons I'd like to keep private) - would it be possible to connect my identity just to the wallet with the little funds while keeping full privacy over the other wallet(s) which are in the same app? If yes, what should I especially pay attention to?

If the bot asks you do share your private profile from your wallet (that's where your data is saved, there is no public profile, DAG only has hash), you can share any data from your private profile with that bot and the bot can verify if the Real Name Attestor has posted a hash about it, so the data is not manipulated.

Attested addresses need to be single-address wallets, so I think you can create as many single-address wallets on as many devices and attest them again, I haven't tried it though.

Probably not great to have all your funds on single-address wallet, which is created by default as a first wallet since this January. You get little bit more privacy if you have your funds on wallets that are not single-address wallets (wallets that generate new change addresses). If you move the funds out of that single-address wallet and then attest it publicly (email or steem attestation) then it will be visible that address with your email or steem username once had that many bytes, but they need to do lot more to find out, which change addresses it has moved in your other wallet. With email and steem attestation, you have also option to do the private attestation, but then you won't get the features that let's others use them as aliases to your Byteball address. You can always later go from private to public (except real name attestation), but not other way.
tarmo888

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2018, 03:38:55 PM

What kind of confirmation do you need that this is a cool idea? Some liked the idea that much that they already did it for Discord 2 months ago.

Is it possible to send bytes using other chats? or only through the byte wallet? I think if you add a similar function to discard or Slark, it will be a huge success.  Shocked

There was Discord bot developed during Steem Use-a-thon https://steemit.com/byteball/@genievot/byteball-use-a-thon-1st-entry-submission-request-discord-byteball-bot-completing-my-first-entry-1537618092396
CryptoRobert

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 06:13:19 PM

If the bot asks you do share your private profile from your wallet (that's where your data is saved, there is no public profile, DAG only has hash), you can share any data from your private profile with that bot and the bot can verify if the Real Name Attestor has posted a hash about it, so the data is not manipulated.

Attested addresses need to be single-address wallets, so I think you can create as many single-address wallets on as many devices and attest them again, I haven't tried it though.

Probably not great to have all your funds on single-address wallet, which is created by default as a first wallet since this January. You get little bit more privacy if you have your funds on wallets that are not single-address wallets (wallets that generate new change addresses). If you move the funds out of that single-address wallet and then attest it publicly (email or steem attestation) then it will be visible that address with your email or steem username once had that many bytes, but they need to do lot more to find out, which change addresses it has moved in your other wallet. With email and steem attestation, you have also option to do the private attestation, but then you won't get the features that let's others use them as aliases to your Byteball address. You can always later go from private to public (except real name attestation), but not other way.

Thanks for your answer. Still not everything is clear to me. I know nothing about the "steem attestation" so I don't understand how this fits with the theme and half of your explanation makes therefore no sense to me.

My question which went unanswered is what  "Can I have several accounts with the same identity?" and the answer is "yes". " exactly means.
Do you have to perform a new KYC (at a $8 cost) for every new address you create or is it possible to apply an already made KYC also to new addresses?
I'm asking because I'd probably want to have an attested address being a multisig address, but in this moment I have no access to all my devices so if'd undergo the KYC now I would have to apply it only to one non-multisig address.

I'm happy that Byteball is seeking mass adoption but I can assure you that it is still damned complicated to sort such things out (and I'm no latecomer in this field) and both a simple way to do such things and clear set of explanation and tutoriar are totally missing. Still only a business for nerds, sorry I have to say that.
Thul

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 06:25:57 PM

Thanks for your answer. Still not everything is clear to me. I know nothing about the "steem attestation" so I don't understand how this fits with the theme and half of your explanation makes therefore no sense to me.

My question which went unanswered is what  "Can I have several accounts with the same identity?" and the answer is "yes". " exactly means.
Do you have to perform a new KYC (at a $8 cost) for every new address you create or is it possible to apply an already made KYC also to new addresses?
I'm asking because I'd probably want to have an attested address being a multisig address, but in this moment I have no access to all my devices so if'd undergo the KYC now I would have to apply it only to one non-multisig address.

I'm happy that Byteball is seeking mass adoption but I can assure you that it is still damned complicated to sort such things out (and I'm no latecomer in this field) and both a simple way to do such things and clear set of explanation and tutoriar are totally missing. Still only a business for nerds, sorry I have to say that.

Nobody at the bite ball royal court is interested in that.
Facts resistance is their policy.

Mass adoption?! - That is ridiculous.
tarmo888

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2018, 08:51:14 PM
Last edit: November 08, 2018, 09:29:38 PM by tarmo888

I am guessing, it depends what an account means, if it is a OS account then it is like new device. If the account is a different wallet inside of the app then same private profile can be used with any of the wallets within same OS account.

But no worries, I will try to answer again in more detail, just differently, so maybe it makes sense this way:
* You can only attest single-address wallet, so you can't attest your multisig wallet because it is not single-address. You also can't attest wallet that has change addresses, but ...
* attestations are saved in the private profile inside your app (per OS account), so it doesn't matter much, which wallet you use on that device because if the bot asks you to provide your identity, you can provide it no matter what wallet you have selected.
* The way attestations work is that they are either private or public and linked to single-address wallet, real name attestation is always private, so only hash is public on DAG. email or steem attestations can either be private or public and if user picks public then email/username are public on DAG too. Reason I mention this is that public attestations can be looked up to see whose email/username is linked to which address, but with private attestation you can only check if the profile provided by user is not tampered with (and actually attested by correct attestor), you can't go and look on DAG everybody who are born on year 2000.
* I have not tried to attest with real name attestation on another device, but I am guessing it will ask $8 again if you want to attest it on multiple devices because Jumio will still need to make sure that it's a valid document and it is indeed you. I don't know if there is any other limitations about doing it on multiple devices, but I am guessing you won't get rewards twice on next device with same ID (needs to be different ID for a reward).

Whether it is business for nerds or not, hard to tell. I think we nerds are the ones who want to figure out beforehand what is the most optimal way how to setup these things, but most people will probably just attest the default single-address wallet they have and be done with it.
CryptoRobert

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 11:25:26 PM

I am guessing, it depends what an account means, if it is a OS account then it is like new device. If the account is a different wallet inside of the app then same private profile can be used with any of the wallets within same OS account.

But no worries, I will try to answer again in more detail, just differently, so maybe it makes sense this way:
* You can only attest single-address wallet, so you can't attest your multisig wallet because it is not single-address. You also can't attest wallet that has change addresses, but ...
* attestations are saved in the private profile inside your app (per OS account), so it doesn't matter much, which wallet you use on that device because if the bot asks you to provide your identity, you can provide it no matter what wallet you have selected.
* The way attestations work is that they are either private or public and linked to single-address wallet, real name attestation is always private, so only hash is public on DAG. email or steem attestations can either be private or public and if user picks public then email/username are public on DAG too. Reason I mention this is that public attestations can be looked up to see whose email/username is linked to which address, but with private attestation you can only check if the profile provided by user is not tampered with (and actually attested by correct attestor), you can't go and look on DAG everybody who are born on year 2000.
* I have not tried to attest with real name attestation on another device, but I am guessing it will ask $8 again if you want to attest it on multiple devices because Jumio will still need to make sure that it's a valid document and it is indeed you. I don't know if there is any other limitations about doing it on multiple devices, but I am guessing you won't get rewards twice on next device with same ID (needs to be different ID for a reward).

Whether it is business for nerds or not, hard to tell. I think we nerds are the ones who want to figure out beforehand what is the most optimal way how to setup these things, but most people will probably just attest the default single-address wallet they have and be done with it.

Thanks, that is a very good answer. As for for they've meant with "account" we should ask both who made that question and who gave that answer on that medium post. Coming to your answer:

You can only attest single-address wallet, so you can't attest your multisig wallet because it is not single-address.

Are you 100% sure about that? If I create a new wallet inside the app and i select the option for creating a multisig wallet I still am allowed to check also the option to make it a single address wallet. So shouldn't that allow that single address multisig wallet to be used for the Jumio attestation?
This is an important question because if this is possible then:
1. You can prove your identity when necessary regardless of where you are and which of your devices you are using since you have a multisig wallet.
2. With a multisig wallet you enjoy a higher protection against losing your attested wallet due to hardware failure etc.

Finally: if attestations are saved in the private profile inside your app, does that somehow affect your privacy if you are using not attested wallets and you DON'T want to reveal your identity? I guess the answer is no, but this is something we should really be sure about.
tarmo888

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2018, 12:46:01 AM
Last edit: November 09, 2018, 12:06:43 PM by tarmo888

You can only attest single-address wallet, so you can't attest your multisig wallet because it is not single-address.

Are you 100% sure about that? If I create a new wallet inside the app and i select the option for creating a multisig wallet I still am allowed to check also the option to make it a single address wallet. So shouldn't that allow that single address multisig wallet to be used for the Jumio attestation?
This is an important question because if this is possible then:
1. You can prove your identity when necessary regardless of where you are and which of your devices you are using since you have a multisig wallet.
2. With a multisig wallet you enjoy a higher protection against losing your attested wallet due to hardware failure etc.

Finally: if attestations are saved in the private profile inside your app, does that somehow affect your privacy if you are using not attested wallets and you DON'T want to reveal your identity? I guess the answer is no, but this is something we should really be sure about.

You are right, I totally missed that, there is indeed option like that. I have not tried it with multisig, maybe it prompts your other wallet too, so you could save the private profile, if not then the private profile is only in device that communicated with the bot.

EDIT: private profile is stored only in one device at the moment.

You are revealing your identity only when you want to reveal by selecting "..." button from chat, clicking "insert private profile" and choosing, which values you want to share
dautay_crypto

Activity: 193
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 03:48:00 PM

Finally, Byteball started moving upwards.
The coin rose around 7% today.
Nevertheless, recent total daily volume has been low, which should be increased significantly in order to play as one of strong momentum for future movements of GBYTE.
Pages: « 1 ... 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 [1041] 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 ... 1126 »
  Print  

Jump to: