Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:02:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 [229] 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
timmmers

Activity: 1176
Merit: 265

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 07:05:37 PM

Clearly I've hit a nerve, surprising that someone who breaks and enters, and helps himself to houses that don't belong to him would so overtly publicise who he is and what he's been doing. Looks like you enjoy our 'free' healthcare without paying as well

I am not the one here holding a massive quantity of customers funds with promises to deliver an unproven product by September October.

Cheesy

Hey, I am sure KnC customers are more interested to see photos from the promised product rather than photos from random homeless people published in some newspaper in 2008.

Thought you said you were going away? Missed your deadline dude. Tut tut.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin

.ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..

█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.TELEGRAM

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
augustocroppo
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 07:19:29 PM

Thought you said you were going away? Missed your deadline dude. Tut tut.

I thought that as well, but I could not predict that someone would bring up my past background after I left. Why you do not ask Bitcoinorama why he posted something about my background after I stop to post and after KnC's announcement? I am sure he must have a clever answer to explain how photos of my past history proves that KnC will deliver as promised.
ASIC-K

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Hell?

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 07:23:05 PM

crappo
augustocroppo
VIP

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 07:23:38 PM

FYI, just a bit of info on y'days resident expert(troll), Augusto Croppo who was throwing his weight around.

Figured seeing as he gave his name and an about me in his link tells us he is a 'freelance' IT expert originally from South America, now living in London, it might be easy enough to glean some further info about him and the expertise he brings to the table with respect to the unsubstantiated claims he was making, well apparently he likes breaking into houses and not paying rent;

http://mailpictures.newsprints.co.uk/view/19282295/elib_asscmmglpict000003752924_jpg
http://mailpictures.newsprints.co.uk/view/19282296/elib_asscmmglpict000003752925_jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/augustocroppo/2419977949/

Doesn't inspire me with confidence...

Still throwing crap around without reading up thoroughly.

For starters I entered this forum to check out ASICrigs, as they claimed to be from the UK, and claimed they would accept a visit, go check my posting history out it's all in there, would be a bit of a labourious shilling work around if my ultimate goal was to promote KnC. This was then followed by having a great deal of fun in the Cedartec thread, by far the most amusing thread in this forum. Again go take a look, I exposed them as a scam, you might learn a thing, or two...

I actually planned on doing the same to KnC, until they partnered with ORSoC and started checking out (something you've not bothered to do), they were also willing to accept a visit, unlike ASICrigs they actually meant it, and not exclusively to me. Several forum members went (again something you've failed to do, but then that's not free is it?).

Onto your other embarrassing ruse, an SKU is hardly indicative of insider knowledge, and what's more amusing was I wasn't the first to clear that up, KS was a loooong time before in this very thread, my answer to the query above was merely a reiteration of his answer to the same question posted earlier.

Clearly I've hit a nerve, surprising that someone who breaks and enters, and helps himself to houses that don't belong to him would so overtly publicise who he is and what he's been doing. Looks like you enjoy our 'free' healthcare without paying as well;

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3073/2312278663_7abd8232ca.jpg

Don't forget you owe apologies to many once KnC deliver, to be fair I couldn't care less if you apologise to me, but I will certainly be reminding you, until then you're on ignore.

Adios.

Quotes for the future.
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 07:45:06 PM
Last edit: July 30, 2013, 08:19:52 PM by Bitcoinorama

FYI, just a bit of info on ev'day resident expert(shill), Bitcoinorama who was throwing his weight around.

Figured seeing as the forum user kncminer registered on April 07, 2013, 08:18:32 PM and participated actively in this forum up to April 11, 2013, 07:18:58 AM.

Then on April 23, 2013, 11:36:38 AM Bitcoinorama registered his profile, just few minutes after a message left by kncminer on April 23, 2013, 11:14:27 AM, and proceeded to post actively in the topic Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com from April 26, 2013, 01:33:45 AM.

On June 26, 2013, 10:23:52 PM Bitcoinorama answered a question which just the owners of the kncminer.com Internet page should know the answer:

Interesting  I just noticed on my orders detail page it shows a kind of grayed out 34 right under my order Qty of 1 of a Jupiter...

Wonder what the 34 means?  (...)

SKU code.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stock_keeping_unit

Doesn't inspire me with confidence...

Second hardware spec’s

You are all correct we will publish stats on working prototypes with clear and unquestionable evidence (Video/ photograph/youtube/ newspaper reviews/personal checks) that we have working products. We will first publish this to the people who have registered on our site. They and only they (who have registered before publication date) will be given the ability to complete their preorders. Devices will then ship in the weeks after as they are made tested and sent.

Sam

Hi Guys

We would like to say that. Yes....we did tape-out of the ASIC some time ago. The exact details of the ASIC schedule, volumes, vendor etc. is kept internal since it's very sensitive information towards competitors. The product development tasks are on-track."

We are still on schedule to begin shipping in September.

Thanks
KnCMiner Team

This message is before than message of bitcoinorama

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=236402.msg2504404#msg2504404
& this
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=226011.msg2390641#msg2390641

Honestly, I do not think Bitcoinorama are the person impartial forum. He is a little Fanboy of  KNC. But as I said in some earlier post that you can not accuse a scammer user here. You must do it in acusations scam.

Hold on, where the hell do you get off calling me a shill, or a scammer? On what evidence?? Stop feeding the troll.

I have never, ever given anything but common sense advice. I have absolutely always stated explicitly to do your own research, it is not my fault people are too damn lazy to read through the thread, specifically the earlier parts where upon the KnC story unfolded. The latter crap with people asking the same stuff again and again because they won't research elements for themselves can be skipped. I'd damn well start from scratch if I had no prior knowledge at this point.

Firstly any research I've shared is either publicly available from the web w.r.t. LinkedIN profiles, blogs, official Swedish company records etc., or from the openday I attended, where I was not alone, there were other members of the forum present. Yes I've continued to keep up with the custom forum child board subsequent as I have an interest in Bitcoin mining and the developments in the ASICrace. Other information I shared from emailing KnC, there was no insider knowledge or wizardry on my part, I just freakin' emailed them. Guess what happened when others emailed them, they got direct answers. Some shared, some didn't. I choose to share as the more solid info peeps share, the better decisions can be made. Don't trust the info, follow it up yourself, guess what's happened everytime someone's questioned what I've had to post and followed it up, it checked out, why? Because there is nothing underhand. Seriously anyone can call anyone a shill, but the reason anyone does without any evidence is because it's easy, it fit's with their naive assumptions and their too damned lazy to do any groundwork themselves. Couple that with the fact people are willing to throw large sums cash at 'investments' they don't do the groundwork on is moronic. Ffs anyone can go visit KnC at anytime, they have an open door policy, just give them a heads up prior.

Secondly I have always, always insisted you don't 'bet' more than you can afford to loose. Why? And why 'bet', because make no mistake this is a race with the winners hopefully seeing a better return. Now the landscape is changing with more entrants it may well be wiser to hold out until the dust has settled, you'll be able to make a more solid decision, sure, but you won't be at the starting blocks, but whatever that's your choice to make based on your risk comfort level. That's not mine, and it's certainly not mine if things don't work out the way you want them to. Be an adult and make your own decisions. I haven't coerced or deceived anyone into anything.

Far from it I've insisted you pay by credit card and call your issuing bank and ensure they will cover your ass after the Paypal 45 day window shuts. Mine will. I rang Barclays and recorded the lady in the fraud department on loudspeaker to be super sure. If anything I was instrumental in ensuring KnC accepted card payments. Read the damn thread.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
Paladin69

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 07:48:40 PM

Good to hear that they have taped out. Presumably they have working prototypes in the lab and are ckecking EMC compliance, getting CE approval, etc.

I don't think you need CE approval if customers have to provide their own PSU's.  Which I thought was why they went that route.

What does "tape out" mean?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tape-out

Awesome!
augustocroppo
VIP

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 07:52:53 PM

Anti-Ignore System ^

Grin

Ah ah ah.

(infuriated massive post)
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 07:54:17 PM

Simple answer

We use www.shutterstock.com like lots of others, search that site for ASIC And you will come up with that photo.

and yes that means we pay for our images Smiley

please issue me the refund request from 3d ago.
kingcoin

Activity: 262

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 07:55:18 PM

We would like to say that. Yes....we did tape-out of the ASIC some time ago.

Good. Presumably you have working prototypes in your lab checking EMC compliance as well as working on SEMCO/CE approvals.
You know of a miner manufacturer that waited for CE approvals?
Show us.

It depends how it's being sold. Consumer appliances which plugs into the mains may require approval depending upon the country. There are also EMC requirements so the miner will not disturb the TV, WiFi, or whatever of your neighbor.
Kuroth

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2013, 08:03:11 PM

Wow the Trolls are hitting it HARD again today..  I love watching it all. So funny..  Love it..

Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Roll Eyes Kiss Grin Cheesy Smiley Roll Eyes Kiss Kiss

Bitcoinorama

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 08:08:23 PM

Good. Presumably you have working prototypes in your lab checking EMC compliance as well as working on SEMCO/CE approvals.
Show us.

It depends how it's being sold. Consumer appliances which plugs into the mains may require approval depending upon the country. There are also EMC requirements so the miner will not disturb the TV, WiFi, or whatever of your neighbor.

They're not cutting corners, or risking their business. This isn't being marketed as a consumer product, but  business to business, even so if it is to be sold in the European Union, they won't skip on a necessary requirement. Avalon were v.cheeky sending the items as research products:

https://www.gov.uk/ce-marking

Ytterbium

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2013, 08:11:15 PM

Figured seeing as he gave his name and an about me in his link tells us he is a 'freelance' IT expert originally from South America, now living in London, it might be easy enough to glean some further info about him and the expertise he brings to the table with respect to the unsubstantiated claims he was making, well apparently he likes breaking into houses and not paying rent;

Just ignore him if you don't like him. No need to dig up people's personal dirt or make character attacks based on IRL data. (Calling someone stupid/annoying is fine with me)

Doing so makes you look kind of petty. (look at Indaba calling Phineas Gage a "wood thief" for example).

If someone is a moron, who cares what they think?

Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

LIR DEV

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 08:11:31 PM

Show us.

I hear a "no" in there somewhere. Smiley

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 08:14:59 PM

Just ignore him if you don't like him. No need to dig up people's personal dirt or make character attacks based on IRL data. (Calling someone stupid/annoying is fine with me)

Doing so makes you look kind of petty. (look at Indaba calling Phineas Gage a "wood thief" for example).

If someone is a moron, who cares what they think?

No, 100% you're right, for that part I'll apologise to Augusto despite the attack on me. His past is none of my business.

augustocroppo
VIP

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 08:23:59 PM

Far from it I've insisted you pay by credit card and call your issuing bank and ensure they will cover your ass after the Paypal 45 day window shuts. Mine will. I rang Barclays and recorded the lady in the fraud department on loudspeaker to be super sure. If anything I was instrumental in ensuring KnC accepted card payments. Read the damn thread.

Oh really, so would you share that with all us? I will be glad to hear such conversation.

https://www.kncminer.com/pages/payment

Our payment system will allow the following payment methods:

PayPal

Bitcoin via Bitpay

Bank transfer

By the way, why KnC did not included "credit card" in their list of accepted payment method if 'was instrumental in ensuring KnC accepted card payments'?
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 08:27:43 PM

Oh really, so would you share that with all us? I will be glad to hear such conversation.

PayPal

Bitcoin via Bitpay

Bank transfer

By the way, why KnC did not included "credit card" in their list of accepted payment method if 'was instrumental in ensuring KnC accepted card payments'?

my guess is that they wanted to cut the time window down from 60 to 45 days using Paypal instead of CC.
kingcoin

Activity: 262

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 08:39:02 PM

Show us.

They're not cutting corners, or risking their business. This isn't being marketed as a consumer product, but  business to business, even so if it is to be sold in the European Union, they won't skip on a necessary requirement. Avalon were v.cheeky sending the items as research products:

https://www.gov.uk/ce-marking

That was the what the Raspberry Pi foundation tried initially, but it did not work out that way. Several thousand units were stuck waiting for approval. Also I think they had to be modified due to EMC issues with the ethernet interface if memory serves me right. Glad to hear that KnC are not cutting corners avoiding issues like this and possible lawsuits in case of fire or other hazards.
augustocroppo
VIP

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 08:41:29 PM

No, 100% you're right, for that part I'll apologise to Augusto despite the attack on me. His past is none of my business.

I did not attack you. By no way my opinion is an attack. It is just an opinion about your profile in this forum. I do not know who you are outside this forum. Even if I was aware of who you are, by no means I would bring details of your personal life into the discussion. However after I gladly left my opinion, you just pop up with some random photos from my past background. That indicates you were very affected by my opinion. To substantiate my opinion I presented some evidence which indicates you could be working for KnC. Then you became more infuriated and brought more false statements about my personal life, when you should bring evidence to prove my opinion wrong.

Well, at least you recognize that my past background has nothing to do with the subject discussed in this topic. Do it better than that and perhaps I will reward you with another 0.10 BTC.

Wink
erk

Activity: 826

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 08:46:50 PM

PayPal

Bitcoin via Bitpay

Bank transfer

my guess is that they wanted to cut the time window down from 60 to 45 days using Paypal instead of CC.
My guess is they didn't want the hassle and cost of opening a credit card online merchant facility when they had the relatively easy Paypal for which most shopping card software would have a plugin, but credit card would need something specifically written for their bank.

Bitcoinorama

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 08:51:48 PM

PayPal

Bitcoin via Bitpay

Bank transfer

No they wanted the Paypal brand behind them, which has been a ballache since the abuse from BFLs 13 month delay and dodgy eBay fake pre-order listings BFL wouldn't honour. This is why there was the mess with pre-order resale. Each sale had to be okay'd by Sam with transfer of ownership, so there was no recourse with Paypal handling fraudulant sales via eBay. It's also why no sale of KnC products via eBay is legitimate as KnC will not transfer ownership unless you go through them. Also when you apply for a payment processor (say Yalamanchili) and an issuing bank (say IDT) to take cc payments direct you sign contracts in which certain business are excluded, or need x amount of time in existence, or minimum guaranteed monthly purchases. It's a long winded negotiation, with some business models being outright excluded (I imagine pre-orders, I certainly know money lending is). For sure unless you are selling in volume regularly you incur fees, and by volume I mean monthly over say an annual contract. It's why disruptive payment processing start-ups such as Stripe have been a blessing for small online businesses. So Paypal accepts credit cards and works as a cc payment processor regardless of whether you have a Paypal account or not.

Again this was covered before payment was made in the weeks that preceded the pre-orders, as I was demanding cc payment over Paypal, unsure of the protection outside of the 45 days. I had read that some cc issuing banks won't uphold protection when third party payments are used, i.e. Amazon, or Paypal, etc.

In any case I rang my bank. Clearly I won't be sharing a personal conversation with details about my bank account with randoms on a forum, that's for me to hold my bank to should anything go amiss, but that shouldn't stop you from calling yourself. I bank with Barclay's and for sure Barclay's customers are covered. Section 75 of the consumer credit act (UK), states you have up to 6 years to chase. I also read you have upto 180 days to complain subsequent to agreed delivery date, but the lady at Barclay's mentioned 6 years. In any case it's all in the thread prior to and during the time pre-orders opened. I posted all the section 75 stuff.

The protection however is for credit card payments only, and not debit card payment, it's what you pay the usurious interest rates for. Issuing banks all have their own rules underwritten regarding their credit card protection, so you must call and check. Mine was a Barclaycard Platinum, I don't know how that differs from any of their other cards. I record the conversations I have with banks as they and insurance companies will wriggle out of anything they can otherwise, it saves a lot of stress at a latter date. I advise anyone does that as standard practice when dealing with any customer services. Don't know if you're meant to tell them, I tried once and got hung up on, but for sure they always record you 'for training purposes' as the automated message always states. Wink

Pages: « 1 ... 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 [229] 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: